• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I found this over at BC

MrSplitter

Smash Rookie
I was hoping for something like this... I was thinking that nintendo could release a special SD card with extra characters, stages and alt costumes...
As much as I like the idea and all Nintendo has never really done anything like that before so I'm not expecting anything... But I will keep my fingers crossed and keep on dreaming...

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I was thinking of the specialized SD card as well, as I stated in a previous post on this thread.
That's probably their best option if they were to do something like this that wasn't downloadable. That would make the SD card slot actually useful. But I wonder how they would lock it so people just don't post the data online to put on their own SD cards... also I wonder if people can still put their custom stages on it, or how they could transfer stages already made on their SD cards to the specialized one.

This is why I still think DLC is more logical, even though this will allow anyone who buys the game to get the extra content.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
Originally Posted by WeeklyJumpman
There's still hope...

Are we all looking through rose-colored windows or what?

Originally Posted by Aeris

Hahah, admittedly so! It's not all that bad, being optimistic and all. I know that, regardless of what happens, I will love Brawl like no other game. The soundtrack alone warrants my undying adoration!

And I'm really considering trying to go to GDC just to hear Sakurai's speech and maybe (luck willing) get a chance to speak with the man himself. If I end up going, I want to politely and respectfully talk with him about Claus / Masked Man's exclusion, maybe even present him with a cute little drawing. Even if I don't get that far, I would still truly like to attend his keynote to hear what he has to say.
Remember Sakurai saying that an African-American man thanked him from the bottom of his heart for including Roy in Brawl? Maybe you can do something similar!

And yes, the Brawl song list roxxorz my soxxorz. I got every single song I desired save one,
and that was the Densetsu no Stafy main theme...:(
But I'm fine; I got a Stafy and Stapy Trophy to gaze on. Plus a Kyorosuke Sticker!:chuckle:

I'm so thrilled to see that Dixie is in Brawl's data as a fighter! At least they thought about including her!:bee:
Maybe in the future she will be! She was my most wanted newcomer.:)
And Toon Zelda and Sheik would be awesome! I don't think anyone even thought about them being playable, and yet they were/are planned to be playable as evidenced in the data. Nice!

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
2. Most of the characters to be released don't already exist in Brawl as an Assist Trophy, Boss, Trophy, etc.
\effect\fighter\ef_dixie.pac, size:128 off:2A940A20

Nintendo E3 2007 Conferance Movie said:
Dixie can't be one of the things in this new "technology" because she is a trophy already. I conclude this "new technology" has NOTHING to do with the recent discovery of aborted characters.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't exactly count Dixie out by a "trophy" if this info indeed bodes correct.
Remember, Mewtwo's got a trophy too...
Who knows... we'll see...

Hidden "hidden characters" sure would be awesome.:)

anonymous99

Smash Rookie
The "brand new revolutionary technology" he's talking about is the ability to rewrite data to a game disc in order to modify the coding, for example, programming additional elements. This is what will allow for expansion. We should get the Wii add-on sometime next year, depending on how development goes.

J18

Smash Journeyman
hmm...interesting idea anonymous99. seems like it would make sense, and it kinda fits with the coding found about other "characters."
yeah an add-on would be nice, and with the current 35 character roster, i don't think it's impossible.
it's believable, but i'm not gonna get my hopes up.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
To be honest, at this point, I don't want it. I'd rather wait for SSB4. It leaves out the disappointment of the lack of newcomers if it won't happen.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Rofl! Anyone that believes this is hysterical! Do you think a Nintendo rep would talk, act, market like that!

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
The "brand new revolutionary technology" he's talking about is the ability to rewrite data to a game disc in order to modify the coding, for example, programming additional elements. This is what will allow for expansion. We should get the Wii add-on sometime next year, depending on how development goes.
I'm highly skeptical, but if it's true than I can only hope for Geno as a playable character :p

Yea I know it won't happen, but let me dream :[

Also Krystal's inclusion would be cool :<

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
No, don't be stupid. Are you saying the Wii has this technolagy? Then stop right there. Even if you are talking about an add on, Nintendo would NEVER make a re-writable CD drive. It would cost way too much money.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
Well, there was the Expansion Pack for the N64... but how would that work for one game?
And if true, I'd think the characters already encoded would be the first (if not only) we'd see.

Is it possible Nintendo would do something like this when the Player's Choice version comes out?:psycho:

billywill

Smash Journeyman
Why else would SSBB be the first wii game to use a dual layer DVD

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
And where'd you get this info?

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
The thing that gets me is that the article says this new technology will be around next year (more than 11 months!!), and Brawl will be one of the first affected. A game released in March 2008 would be the first affected by something coming out in 2009?! Not likely.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
The thing that gets me is that the article says this new technology will be around next year (more than 11 months!!), and Brawl will be one of the first affected. A game released in March 2008 would be the first affected by something coming out in 2009?! Not likely.
He said the technology was not made for brawl, but will work with brawl :/

I'm still skeptical by the way, just pointing that out XD

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Mmmmm.... sounds nice and all... but there isn't any concrete as of yet, if ever. I'll keep this in mine just for sake of fun, but until I see something real going on, I'd say it's pretty much just a teaser.

Rsflone

Smash Cadet
sorry but what does "10char" mean? And this technology doesn't sound to outrageous and being the "last" smash I wouldn't doubt sakurai wanting to implement this into even tho he knows its year(s) away he also knows(at the moment) that this is his last and he could go on to develop new games with other companys and in his spare time send nintendo add-ons to brawl. Just food for thought ya know

LuisMa316

Smash Cadet
That guy was just a troll, he failed to provide anything to back up his clame.

Besides, why would a Nintendo employee be in BC of all places?

Rsflone

Smash Cadet
@simplicityho thanks and @luisma316 chances are unless he was part of BC BEFORE he got hired to nintendo he wouldn't be. But 1. What makes you think that because he works at nintendo he can't be a normal person and have a blog? I mean look at myspace and I have gone through 2 interviews with NoA and if they hire me I promise I will still hang around here because I like it and 2. If he really works there he CANT give u his source if he wants to keep his job.

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
Ahh! Why won't these things just stay dead! We shot these things with so many "fails" and not to mention how many "facepalms" we used! Our last resort was the "Official Brawl Release in Japan", but it seems that isn't even working! These creatures just keep getting back up! :laugh:

aruby14

Smash Apprentice
The poster implements that we will be getting a Brawl 2.0 yet Sakurai did state so obviously that it would be his last and possibly THE last SSB game, so to me that hinders this guy. I mean, Nintendo wouldnt do it without him, so yeah we'll be playing Brawl for another 7 years till we receive a new console.

aruby14

Smash Apprentice
Ahh! Why won't these things just stay dead! We shot these things with so many "fails" and not to mention how many "facepalms" we used! Our last resort was the "Official Brawl Release in Japan", but it seems that isn't even working! These creatures just keep getting back up!
Simple solution my friend. Use light arrows. PWN!!

LuisMa316

Smash Cadet
@simplicityho thanks and @luisma316 chances are unless he was part of BC BEFORE he got hired to nintendo he wouldn't be. But 1. What makes you think that because he works at nintendo he can't be a normal person and have a blog? I mean look at myspace and I have gone through 2 interviews with NoA and if they hire me I promise I will still hang around here because I like it and 2. If he really works there he CANT give u his source if he wants to keep his job.

Well first of all i'm sure he'd had better things to do,second i'm sure he wouldn't want to risk his job on posting that on a random site because you can get fired for it,thid that was his first post on BC .

And having a blog is one thing like him posting it on his myspace page or something but no it was at a random site

And giving away company secrets is low anyway what kinda wroker does that?if the extremely rare chance this is true than this is the most unprofessional **** i have ever seen.

i can't belive people are naive enough to belive an obvious troll(no offence)

Top Bottom