• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I found this over at BC

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
not if they don't know who he is :)

plus I doubt they read all topics here, or any for that matter, it's virtually untraceable unless it becomes a big internet hubbub or is featured in a gaming mag or news site.

3D King

Smash Journeyman
Its Nintendo. No point trying to guess it because they're impossible to predict. I remain skepticle (Ergh thats incorrect isn't it?) until it comes out. Really, I don't think it'll be anything awesome like Geno and Masked Man being added to the roster, but I do think (if its real) it will affect the way we all play Brawl.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Nintendude: "Hmm.....now that the roster is revealed, how can I still be a prophet? I know! I'll crap through my keyboard!"

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
i hate $hit like this.
even though I know its fake.
I'm still kind of excited about what it could be.
I'm just a sucker.

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm going to think up what it could be...
a. maybe a SDK, meh it's possible I guess, make your own content for brawl
b. new control device
c. headset
d. ssb ds with conectable functions
e. idk a chicken rotissary extension

Maybe the back side of the disk is blank xD

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
maybe.....Super Smash DS that works with Brawl!?!?!

it would be pretty awesome
That may not be illogical. Maybe import your DS characters and play them on the Wii, like how you could load up your Pokemon in those console battle games. But then again, for a game like Smash... that doesn't make a lot of sense. Would they really need such a tactic in order to sway people into buying both the DS and Wii versions of the game?

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I would like to believe that this is true, but I'm not sure. I really hope this is true.

I have no idea what it could be.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
That may not be illogical. Maybe import your DS characters and play them on the Wii, like how you could load up your Pokemon in those console battle games. But then again, for a game like Smash... that doesn't make a lot of sense. Would they really need such a tactic in order to sway people into buying both the DS and Wii versions of the game?
If this is true, then it couldn't be that because he talked about NEW technology, you can already do that, so it can't be that.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace

I highly doubt it but who knows

I always thought ever since I saw the picto chat level that you should be able to link with your DS and draw lines into the level in real time as walls and platforms etc. that disappear after a given amount of time, now THAT'S connectivity.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
it sound great, but I don't know if it is actually true; but we will see in an year. I am sure that we will forget about this thread when we get our hand on brawl :p

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
I think the junk character data that is on the cd (aka dixie, toon zelda/sheik etc) have a better chance than geno and isac (even though I'd do unspeakable things to see geno in there) simply because the former are actually on the disk, where as the later are merely our collective pipedream.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
nah, the REAL secret is Master Hand, and Master Hand Kirby.

**and then I had a breakthrough**

it'd be sweet if kirby could clone other people's Final Smashes, **sigh** oh well.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Ugh, as much as I want to believe it, because I'm the logical type I'm going to be skeptic.
This guy could just be a troll and laughing at us.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
He posted a second post, still sounds fishy, but I'm desperate enough at this point to somewhat cling to it.
The points he makes is intriguing. Please speculate on this rather than just saying he's fake and bashing...

Nintendude said:
Some points I'd like to make and more information....

1. How do you know I wasn’t ASKED to do this on purpose for marketing purposes? I’m not that stupid.
2. Most of the characters to be released don't already exist in Brawl as an Assist Trophy, Boss, Trophy, etc.
3. If you need evidence, wait until late March/early April. There will be post-Brawl polls on the Nintendo website after the release asking what people liked and didn’t like about Brawl. Europe will also get these polls once the game is released.
4. Characters will not be the only new factors put in.
5. The characters have not been implimented based on any fan polls or desires; the staff chose them based on their own criteria.

If you want further proof, I've noticed some clever people have found traces of additional characters in the encoding. Some of those characters will be additional costumes, others will be fully playable. Most of them are costumes/alternate characters.

That's all I know of for now.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
If he was legitimate, don't you think we'd be seeing this in far many places than Brawl Central? I think the information would be multiplanted if Nintendo wanted it to set in. Still, if there is "NO DL CONTENT" as he says, wouldn't that imply they would have to sell an update disk, or more probable, a complete second edition? That seems to go against the entire philosophy that Brawl was made with.

That being said, seriously. If not DL content, what else even makes sense?

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
If he was legitimate, don't you think we'd be seeing this in far many places than Brawl Central? I think the information would be multiplanted if Nintendo wanted it to set in. Still, if there is "NO DL CONTENT" as he says, wouldn't that imply they would have to sell an update disk, or more probable, a complete second edition? That seems to go against the entire philosophy that Brawl was made with.

That being said, seriously. If not DL content, what else even makes sense?
He said we would probably not expect it. I'm guessing some type of add on, or preloaded SD cards, or something.

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
ahhh rumors... the very essence of them makes me cringe... however! this is most intriguing... and seems we don't have enough evidence at this point to prove weather he's fake. or real.... but you see... now we have more things to talk about! while we wait for brawl.... and if this does prove to be true later on... well then... brawl will be the greatest game ever... and i do hope this proves to be true.... but then... it makes me wonder... what technology is it that will give us new chars or costumes that isn't downloadable? or on disks?

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
If this guy released any sort of information about such a program, he'd get fired, I have a friend who works in the video game industry, and if he says EVEN A WORD about the games he makes, he will get fired, he signed a contract which makes him keep his mouth shut.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
While it would be nice, I don't believe it.

In the case it is real, the Cut Content from Brawl thread will possibly have some answers soon.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
If this is true, and if I'm thinkin' what he's thinkin' this system he claims to be, then Brawl will be even more epic than it already is.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Could be real, but could easily not. I suggest we forget about it so we don't get too hyped up in case it doesn't turn out to be true... then if it does we can be very happy.
I agree 100%. It could be real, but after all of the past "excitment" I have lost the will to place hope in game companies. I for one will kindly dismiss this as fake. It's just someone trying to get attention or someone trying to quell the complaining.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
hmmm...interesting.
Is this the birth of a second wave of prophets?
Only time will tell.

btw "Nintendude", I wonder if its the same "Nintendude" that does Nintendo piano arrangements. . .

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Update #2

Nintendude said:
I guess I should break the silence...

I don't think I was clear on #2. Don't expect any of the characters being implimented to have any sort of prominence or even appearance in Brawl period. The goal is to include characters and costumes that were barely or never seen in Brawl. Probably the largest role any of the characters have in Brawl as it stands now is a trophy. Sorry, Ridley and Isaac fans, it's not looking good. Same with 3rd party characters: don't expect any to come out of this, as it requires a lengthy process with constant communication, etc.
Looks like if this is true, no new 3rd party, and my most wanted and gonna be main character has no hope T_T
I guess I can always pull for Felix, but it just isn't the same.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Update #2

Looks like if this is true, no new 3rd party, and my most wanted and gonna be main character has no hope T_T
I guess I can always pull for Felix, but it just isn't the same.
Ridley can't catch a break

i_eat_fried_worms

Smash Cadet
its probably just a fake leak to get people to pay attention to him and buy brawl for the OTHER thing thats coming out later, im not saying that he is definitively lying, just most likely lying

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
*sigh* I feel like I'm being taunted.

Why can't I just lament in peace? :(

Top Bottom