• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wonder what the newest Hyrule Warriors update is all about. It was recently downloaded onto my Wii U, but I haven't touched the game in months.

Edit: I guess the following answers my question...

Zelda Wiki said:
Version 1.7.0 update was released on June 16, 2015 in North America. It added the Classic Tunic costume for Link to coincide with the E3 announcement of Hyrule Warriors Legends on the 3DS. It also added compatibility with Hyrule Warriors Legends in preparation for its future release, making it possible to transfer Tetra and the King of Hyrule over.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh, the classic tunic is nice!

About characters, in the trailer, Linkle's crossbow was seen.

I do hope for Nabooru, too. Never thought of that, but the Iron Knuckle Axe would be awesome!
I still want Ashei, with the Hyrule Resistance as part of her moveset.

I wonder if we will get characters other than the games represented so far.

With the emphasis on the portable Zelda player, I do hope for Veran, Onox, Hilda and Yuga.

pmort

Smash Cadet
I go and 100% this game + all its DLC (AMA) and then they spring this new stuff on me. Shaking my dang head.

Just let me use my Twili Midna and we'll be good though.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I don't have a 3DS and I don't think I'll be getting one, so I hope Tetra and the King of Hyrule are sold independently as DLC for the Wii U game later on. I'm digging those flintlock pistols on Tetra! She's already one of my favorite Zelda characters and the pistols make her even cooler.

I don't think I've posted here before, so here are my top five most wanted characters for DLC / the sequel (excluding Tetra, my former #1, now that we know she's confirmed):

1. Medli
  2. Groose
  3. Saria
  4. Nabooru
  5. Skull Kid
Honorary mentions: Linebeck, Happy Mask Salesman.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I don't have a 3DS and I don't think I'll be getting one, so I hope Tetra and the King of Hyrule are sold independently as DLC for the Wii U game later on. I'm digging those flintlock pistols on Tetra! She's already one of my favorite Zelda characters and the pistols make her even cooler.

I don't think I've posted here before, so here are my top five most wanted characters for DLC / the sequel (excluding Tetra, my former #1, now that we know she's confirmed):

1. Medli
  2. Groose
  3. Saria
  4. Nabooru
  5. Skull Kid
Mine are probably:

5. Beedle
4. Makar
3. Nabooru
2. Medli
1. Ashei

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace

1. Medli
  2. Groose
  3. Saria
  4. Nabooru
  5. Skull Kid
Mine are probably
  1. Groose
  2. Twinrova
  3. Nabooru
  4. Veran
  5. Malon/doppelgangers

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
does anyone got any info if the dlc will come pre installed on the 3DS?

I heard it mentioned somewhere that it does (I think it was some wiki), but I cannot find the original source of that claim.

Themeatgrinder

Smash Cadet
NNID
Badboi117
3DS FC
0130-2293-8436
Srry for the late reply, but to add onto my comment I've been playing the game ALOT more lately which is why I want to discuss it, since I just finished both DLC maps and A-ranked all Boss Challenge levels

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
does anyone got any info if the dlc will come pre installed on the 3DS?

I heard it mentioned somewhere that it does (I think it was some wiki), but I cannot find the original source of that claim.
I'm not sure if there's a better source for this than those two sites, but they do seem to suggest that the DLC characters will be in the 3DS game.

Last edited:

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
I'm not sure if there's a better source for this than those two sites, but they do seem to suggest that the DLC characters will be in the 3DS game.
It really does seem a little mean to the ones who payed for all that DLC, I will say that it's unfair.

But I like portable (especially 3DS) games much better and this is good news for me.
Young Link, Ruto, OoT Sheik/Impa and Darunia here I come.

Still, doesn't make much sense to me for Nintendo to do if they want to support all of the people who bought the Wii U. I just can't figure it out. What's the reasoning behind this?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I for one, will play the 3DS version way more than Wii U when it comes out.
A game like Hyrule Warriors is better suited for the 3DS imo, than Wii U. That's probably part of their reasoning for it.

I mean the game is basically a grind-fest hack-and-slash. That seems like it'd be more productive in a long, boring car ride than a console gaming session, no?

Last edited:

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
I for one, will play the 3DS version way more than Wii U when it comes out.
A game like Hyrule Warriors is better suited for the 3DS imo, than Wii U. That's probably part of their reasoning for it.

I mean the game is basically a grind-fest hack-and-slash. That seems like it'd be more productive in a long, boring car ride than a console gaming session, no?
Exactly, that's how I feel.

It's perfect for 3DS. It won't have the quality of graphics the Wii U provides, but it fits into the 'portable game' subgenre much better.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/h...-to-be-playable-new-story-for-the-wind-waker/

Looks like Toon Link will be playable! This makes me very happy. I still really hope all this content is able to be purchased separately for the Wii U version rather than being exclusive to linking it with the 3DS version. Or at least allow cross save. I've done way too much in the Wii U version to start it all over again in the 3DS.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
For new characters we have...

Toon Link :4tlink:
Tetra
King Daphes
Mystery Crossbow

Good stuff. I wonder if we will get anyone else.

Also, can I ask some questions?

I play the game from time to time and I'll just say I'm not as dedicated as many other players here. I don't know the ins and outs.

Are there some tips for grinding levels and finding loot to upgrade characters? I want to use everyone as there are lots of fun characters to use.

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
It really does seem a little mean to the ones who payed for all that DLC, I will say that it's unfair.

But I like portable (especially 3DS) games much better and this is good news for me.
Young Link, Ruto, OoT Sheik/Impa and Darunia here I come.

Still, doesn't make much sense to me for Nintendo to do if they want to support all of the people who bought the Wii U. I just can't figure it out. What's the reasoning behind this?
the reasoning is that nintendo is a big company thats constantly making moves that contradicts itself because there are many execs making independant moves without prior communication with others because the company is so huge that it takes FOREVER to get the paper work through to even say "hi."

mario15

Smash Cadet
NNID
kylemshipley
3DS FC
3351-4555-2812
Don't get me wrong, Hyrule Warriors is a great game, but it is very tedious, I just beat adventure mode 100% last week and I still can't believe I did it. The frustrating thing about the game's difficulty, is not that opponents become more skilled (They're very dumb), but that they do ludicrous amounts of damage, and when you're going for an A rank, that gets very annoying. Everything in the game just takes forever, it's almost like the developers forgot that the people that play these games actually have lives. With all the time I put into Hyrule Warriors (164 hours and 22 minutes to be precise.) I think it's safe to say that I'm not even going to consider getting the DLC, much less the new 3ds game, I'm just too burnt out.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/h...-to-be-playable-new-story-for-the-wind-waker/

Looks like Toon Link will be playable! This makes me very happy. I still really hope all this content is able to be purchased separately for the Wii U version rather than being exclusive to linking it with the 3DS version. Or at least allow cross save. I've done way too much in the Wii U version to start it all over again in the 3DS.
The main problem is that Hyrule Warriors has its list of medals, and ever since the Boss Pack was released, one of the medal tasks tells you to collect all of the medals. This likely implies that there won't be any more new contents for the game. However, the ability to unlock Tetra and the King of Hyrule by connecting to Hyrule Warriors Legends can make you wonder...

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I'm honestly very happy to see Toon Link finally being playable after losing all my faith in seeing any character from the Toon games actually appearing in Hyrule Warriors. Now I know who I'm playing all the time now. XD

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
For new characters we have...

Toon Link :4tlink:
Tetra
King Daphes
Mystery Crossbow

Good stuff. I wonder if we will get anyone else.

Also, can I ask some questions?

I play the game from time to time and I'll just say I'm not as dedicated as many other players here. I don't know the ins and outs.

Are there some tips for grinding levels and finding loot to upgrade characters? I want to use everyone as there are lots of fun characters to use.
I can't say for sure cuz i don't have the console nor the game yet,but for level grinding in the warriors type games,there's always that one level that helps exstensively for grinding. DW8 had a glitch :p Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate had Guantlet Mode,so this must have something!

that aside,how does this game compare to the others in the Warriors Series? also should i hold off on the Wii U version to get the 3DS version?

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I can't say for sure cuz i don't have the console nor the game yet,but for level grinding in the warriors type games,there's always that one level that helps exstensively for grinding. DW8 had a glitch :p Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate had Guantlet Mode,so this must have something!

that aside,how does this game compare to the others in the Warriors Series? also should i hold off on the Wii U version to get the 3DS version?
I've only played Orichi Hyper 3(wii-u of course), and gameplay wise the wii-u version is solid, and if you've played past warrior's games you should know that the handheld versions are competent, but always have half the enemies. Only downside Hyrule warriors has over the previous warriors game is that they removed split screen for solely asymmetrical gameplay on the gamepad, which isn't bad, but it's nice to have options. And of course number of enemies takes a drop in multiplayer. Game is solid, has a decent chunk of warriors in the base game, and they supplemented commanders with boss enemies, who are essentially objective based commanders with heavy health, and special item vulnerabilities. DLC which you can get all the important ones in a pack for $20 bucks, which adds In 3 or so challenge maps that gives additional items and hearts for the characters and add challenges to the gameplay. It also adds in an additional 6 or so warriors(can't remember the exact number) Overall it's a really solid entry for a first warriors entry, and doesn't have any major deficits

Now honestly, I'm still going to call the wii-u version superior, better graphics, more enemies, and local multiplayer. Add to that all the new content that the 3DS version is also coming to wii-u(allthough 3DS comes with all DLC in the base game) Also price is about equal since the base price of Hyrule Warriors has dropped somewhat. Only catch is that other than the 3DS version we haven't gotten any confirmation of any other way to get the new content, but we hopefully will.
So depends, do you prefer at home or on the road, though also with you having previous experience with the series that means you know the series works best when done in spurts instead of playing non-stop and burning out

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I've only played Orichi Hyper 3(wii-u of course), and gameplay wise the wii-u version is solid, and if you've played past warrior's games you should know that the handheld versions are competent, but always have half the enemies. Only downside Hyrule warriors has over the previous warriors game is that they removed split screen for solely asymmetrical gameplay on the gamepad, which isn't bad, but it's nice to have options. And of course number of enemies takes a drop in multiplayer. Game is solid, has a decent chunk of warriors in the base game, and they supplemented commanders with boss enemies, who are essentially objective based commanders with heavy health, and special item vulnerabilities. DLC which you can get all the important ones in a pack for $20 bucks, which adds In 3 or so challenge maps that gives additional items and hearts for the characters and add challenges to the gameplay. It also adds in an additional 6 or so warriors(can't remember the exact number) Overall it's a really solid entry for a first warriors entry, and doesn't have any major deficits

Now honestly, I'm still going to call the wii-u version superior, better graphics, more enemies, and local multiplayer. Add to that all the new content that the 3DS version is also coming to wii-u(allthough 3DS comes with all DLC in the base game) Also price is about equal since the base price of Hyrule Warriors has dropped somewhat. Only catch is that other than the 3DS version we haven't gotten any confirmation of any other way to get the new content, but we hopefully will.
So depends, do you prefer at home or on the road, though also with you having previous experience with the series that means you know the series works best when done in spurts instead of playing non-stop and burning out
thats pretty true haha.in DW8XL I was grinding like crazy to get everyones 6th Star weapon to plat the game(eventually) and i just burned out after doing so many levels in nightmare difficulty(so much blocking!)

Wii U it is then,now that i remember seeing less enemy count on the portable ones. and seeing as Ganon is looking like the Lu Bu of this game,i'm gonna have a good time.

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
Yeah, it sounds like a lot of people get burned out by this type of game.
I remember renting DW2 for PS2 back in the day and playing through it a ton, thinking it was really fun, but I'm not sure I could sit through it for two hours now. It just sounds uncomfortable.
That's why I like the portable option, play a quick match/level on the go/in the car/in a waiting room etc.
It's too bad to hear that the other portable DW's weren't the best quality though.

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Yeah, it sounds like a lot of people get burned out by this type of game.
I remember renting DW2 for PS2 back in the day and playing through it a ton, thinking it was really fun, but I'm not sure I could sit through it for two hours now. It just sounds uncomfortable.
That's why I like the portable option, play a quick match/level on the go/in the car/in a waiting room etc.
It's too bad to hear that the other portable DW's weren't the best quality though.
Actually, I hear with the latest ones they've done an amazing job at porting them, and they are all solid games, there is simply no way to transfer all the enemies though without crashing the system. They are good quality they just have limitations inherent with a handheld game

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I just hope that the extra content for the game doesn't involve getting the 3DS version for it....right?

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
New Info

http://gonintendo.com/stories/243043-hyrule-warriors-legends-to-have-even-more-new-characters-more-in#comments

Hyrule Warriors Legends to have even more new characters, more info coming later
19 September, 2015 by rawmeatcowboy | Comments: 8
The following info comes from a 4Gamer interview with Yosuke Hayashi, Producer of Hyrule Warriors and Hyrule Warriors Legends...

- many players in Japan and abroad told the developers they would really like to be able to play the game on their handheld
- there had already been several Zelda games DS/3DS, so this was an opportunity they couldn’t pass this request up
- Toon Link, Tetra and the King of Hyrule are unlockable in Hyrule Warriors via a serial code
- this is found in the box of Hyrule Warriors Legends
- Legends will get more additional characters to be revealed at a later date
- devs spent a lot of time fine tuning the game in order to display the right amount of enemies on screen,
- one way that helped was disabling the 3D on Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo 2DS
- New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL will be able to display stereoscopic 3D visuals
- team have plans to make Hyrule Warriors Legends compatible with amiibo
- amiibo will allow you to unlock extras
- all the DLC characters from Hyrule Warriors on Wii U will be in Hyrule Warrios Legends right from the start
- they will NOT be transferable
- they may create more DLC if there's demand for it
- no challenge mode
- the developers are done implementing everything they wanted to implement, and they’re currently working hard on balancing and polishing the game
and a look at the goodies in the japanese edition

Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
We also got confirmation of no Challenge mode, biggest thing from that is no playable Ganon or Cuckoo for 3DS version

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
They better put some of the new additions from the 3DS version as DLC for the Wii U version. I still have no idea how transferring everything from the 3DS to the Wii U's gonna work.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They better put some of the new additions from the 3DS version as DLC for the Wii U version. I still have no idea how transferring everything from the 3DS to the Wii U's gonna work.
Like transferring stuff for Smash.

Top Bottom