• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Like transferring stuff for Smash.
Actually, info from the Japanese site confirms that the new stuff will have a code in the case of the 3DS version for the characters for the wii-u version, exactly the same as the preorder bonuses, which means it's likely that like those bonuses, the new stuff will be purchasable at a later date, same for any additional DLC developed.
Purpose of the 3DS is to reach a wider audience, not exclude any others. consider it a companion port instead of a replacement

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
So i had about a week playing HW so far. really liking the combat and all these collectibles! though i should probably go grind for levels.i got everyone unlocked now and they are in the 20-30 region,but i'm kinda struggling with missions now. anyone know a good way to do that?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I haven't even touched anything related to the boss pack yet. is it really that hard? o-o
Trust me when I say that the enemies in Ganon's Fury are capable of delivering very fatal attacks, while you'll have a hard time leaving scratches on them. And you can't use the Bazaar at all while playing as Ganon. As for the biggest nail in the coffin, no checkpoints at all, so a single defeat will force you to have to start the battle all over from the beginning.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
You need to grind a lot to win.
i should be up for it,considering most of my characters are 25-35,and i'm starting to struggle on adventure mode. time to do that master quest map i keep hearing about!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's probably best if you unlock better weapons for every character before moving on to the more difficult maps.

You could also grind just one character, then use the Dojo to level everyone else up. Will obviously require a copious amount of rupees (most do the infinite rupee glitch, or grind money alongside stuff like kills to unlock hidden skills)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
i should be up for it,considering most of my characters are 25-35,and i'm starting to struggle on adventure mode. time to do that master quest map i keep hearing about!
It's probably smarter if you complete the Adventure Map first before taking on the Master Quest Map. The DLC maps tend to be more difficult than the default content, so you're better off level grinding to make your warriors stronger, and getting hold of all the Adventure Map weapons as well.

You see, you need to collect ALL of the Legend Mode and Adventure Map weapons in order to awaken the Master Sword's skill; the skill is called Evil's Bane, which raises the Master Sword's attack power by 200 points. After Evil's Bane is unlocked, you'll then be able to awaken the Legendary skill from any weapon with a skill that requires you to make 25,000 KOs.

Legendary raises a weapon's attack power to 300, and an additional 30 attack points are added for every star that the weapon has, maxing out at 450.

You'll likely need the aid of those skills for the Master Quest, Twilight, and Termina maps, as there's a reason for why the level cap increased with the release of each new DLC pack.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Good to know. I'll try out the rupees glitch with ghirahim when i get back home. As for weapons,I recently got the Villains 2nd weapons(cept for Cia's group) among a few others.

Update:didn't have a rupees+ weapon for Ghirahim,so i tried link instead. I think i'm doing the Glitch right,but no luck so far.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Nintendo and Koei Tecmo are earning huge brownie points with all this fan service. I'm too excited for this to come out!

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
If they somehow make Beedle playable in this game,I dunno what to do....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Who do you think the last three characters are?

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I guess the reason why she's called Linkle is because she dresses in green like Link and looks like a female version of him. I do admit that Linkle's a stupid name, but hey, what can you do?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Better than Linkette.

And when the character is essentially a gender swapped version of Link, Link has to be in the name.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044

So, thoughts on Linkle a.k.a. genderbent Link?
i'm kinda skeptical about her due to the weapon choice. in my time of playing DW8 or Warriors Orochi,the bow and arrow characters felt boring to me because they were too linear and stationary with their strings and left themselves open. there was only one special case(Xiahou Yuan <3). But from the trailer she's mobile and it looks like she's covering ground,so maybe i'll like her.

Last edited:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
My full opinion on Linkle is I think she's an okay character just as long as she isn't just a female version of Link (if she were Link's sister, then I'll be okay with it). At least she isn't a fanservice-y character like Cia & Lana.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My full opinion on Linkle is I think she's an okay character just as long as she isn't just a female version of Link
That's kind of the point. The entire gimmick of her character is that she's a genderswapped Link.

And they can do a lot of neat things with that. Linkle has already been shown talking so she will elements that will make her unique if that's what your worried about.

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
Linkle is one of the best announcement of this Nintendo Direct imo! I didn't expect her to be that different from Link. Her moveset looks really fun and her special attack is awesome! I honestly think the fact that she talks makes her much more unique.
I'm really looking forward to playing as her! And I personally find her name quite cute.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
There's now a trailer out of Boat King fighting with a sail.
His moveset is kinda like this deceptive fellow right here.

so i'll probably like playing as him.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link's trailer was released the other day.

Nintendo Everything also has translations of some new info that appeared in Famitsu recently.

Some highlights:

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I finally 100% completed Adventure mode! A Rank on all missions, all the weapons, costumes, Heart Pieces, and Gold Skulltulas, everything! And it only took an entire year hahaaaaaaa...

Now I just need to 100% challenge mode and I'll be done! Until I get Legends when I'll inevitably have to do everything again. :'D

Also, no one has posted them yet, so here are the trailers for Skull Kid and Ganondorf's Trident:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I finally 100% completed Adventure mode! A Rank on all missions, all the weapons, costumes, Heart Pieces, and Gold Skulltulas, everything! And it only took an entire year hahaaaaaaa...

Now I just need to 100% challenge mode and I'll be done! Until I get Legends when I'll inevitably have to do everything again. :'D

Also, no one has posted them yet, so here are the trailers for Skull Kid and Ganondorf's Trident:

Skull Kid's looking fun. dunno about Trident Ganon though. i'm too used to mauling stuff with C1 and C6 XD

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Ganon's Trident looks pretty cool, I hope we get more weapons for old characters. I really want the bongos and guitar for Darunia and Ruto, that'd be awesome.

Top Bottom