• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You can press A just to make the leveling up go faster. Can also turn off cutscenes.

Also who's the third character if tingle and Young link are already in your hands?
Boss Rush dlc character?

Last edited:

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
I can't believe I didn't think of that haha, thanks!

Also are you referring to the blanked out character slot under Young Link and Tingle? That's Zant, I still haven't unlocked him. Like I said the Majora's Mask DLC it what brought my interest back to the game, I'd never played Twilight Princess all the way through so after unlocking Ghirahim I was done with the adventure map for a while.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I got to look at the new features that the Smithy has, but the Appraise Skills option only checks to see what skill you'll unlock for the sealed skills. You can't use it to unlock the sealed skills at all, making it quite worthless; a skill that requires you to make 25,000 KOs to unlock will always end up being Legendary.

As for removing skills, that can at least help me try to set up a good 5-star level 3 weapon that I can use for grinding purposes.

Now, out of curiosity, is the Evil's Bane skill immune to skill removals? I would think so, since only the Master Sword can have that skill.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I got to look at the new features that the Smithy has, but the Appraise Skills option only checks to see what skill you'll unlock for the sealed skills. You can't use it to unlock the sealed skills at all, making it quite worthless; a skill that requires you to make 25,000 KOs to unlock will always end up being Legendary.

As for removing skills, that can at least help me try to set up a good 5-star level 3 weapon that I can use for grinding purposes.

Now, out of curiosity, is the Evil's Bane skill immune to skill removals? I would think so, since only the Master Sword can have that skill.
Well. That kinda stinks.

I think that you cant do anything with the Master Sword in the Smithy.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Dunno wut he's talking about.
It's a bit pricey spending 30/40k on the 3/4k unlocks, but I'd like to know before I spend 15 minutes on kills to either get compatriot/hasty hands or just something dumb like adversity or max health+

It's good but it's too damn much, they think just cause rupees is the entire shtick for termina map that they can make everything crazy expensive.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On an additional note, I've 100% completed (and A-ranked) the Adventure Mode map battles, though I still have to hunt down the remaining Gold Skulltulas.

Also, thanks to the new ability to remove skills from weapons, I now have my first good weapon for grinding purposes.

Of course, during the skill unlocking process, I was able to get a 5-star Swords of Demise that has 7 slots. As such, I'll likely transfer the Legendary skill onto the weapon, after I've given it the EXP+, Rupees+, Slots+, Stars+, and Materials+ skills.

And in case anyone doesn't know by now, Ganondorf's BBBBBY combo move has been buffed up. Now, not just the hand deals damage, but the circle that Ganondorf creates can also damage enemies, making the attack much safer to use against the weaker enemies than before the 1.5.0 update. It's still not fool-proof against the captains, however.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
The Japanese Hyrule Warriors website has been updated with the latest downloadable content information and details on the next version (1.6.0). Translation courtesy of GameFAQs:

1.6.0 patch contains:
  • a new level cap
  • new potions
  • new medals
  • new stuff for Challenge mode (a new scenario, and a KO count - it says "battle achievements recording finition")
It will also fix the longer loadtime issues.

DLC Pack contains 2 new challenges:
  • a "Boss Challenge" in which you aim for the high score, killing giant bosses after giant bosses. You can win costumes for Link, Zelda and Lana doing that (I wonder if the stipulations will be as ridiculous as I expect for that...)
  • a "Play as Ganon" scenario in which you control the beast and go for the high score. Flavor text says because of his immense power a new challenge had to be designed just for him. You can win costumes for Ganondorf and Cia doing that.
Additionally, some artwork and screenshots of the boss mode and the Ganon mode:

It appears Ganon is playable only in an exclusive mode, but is impressive and exciting regardless.

This content will release in Japan on the 26th of February. There is no known release date for other regions.[/QUOTE]I did a rough online translation of the web page also:
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/update_0226.html
And it said something about you can leave KOs in both DLC modes. I wonder what that's about. I think we need one of our fluent J.ap speakers to translate all of this properly to give us the exact information.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Well damn. I only just got my first character(Impa) to the level cap of 200 and that cap is rising again. Everyone else is between level 75-105.

Ganon mode looks fun and cathartic, but I can't say I'm too psyched for another boss rush after playing the rewards map version. There's nothing fun about waiting for weak point smashes to finally reveal themselves.

Some people have been trying to work out what the new outfits will be, with the most outlandish but interesting idea being outfits based on the giant bosses themselves.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, we see Link against 4 dodongos. I hope that the bosses will not require weak points for this mode.

Ganon mode seem really fun.

But again, what I want to see are the costumes. After the Masks, everything is possible.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Based on the order of each DLC release, it seems that the boss pack will be the hardest of the bunch.
The +50 Levels (I assume) to the level cap to make it Lv250 max kind of answers that statement for me. KT would not give us 50 more levels without making a harder challenge that needed the 50 extra levels.

There's nothing fun about waiting for weak point smashes to finally reveal themselves.
I agree 100%. When you're time limited for a medal on a stage and you just have to wait and hope the boss open it's fat mouth in time, that's no fun.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The +50 Levels (I assume) to the level cap to make it Lv250 max kind of answers that statement for me. KT would not give us 50 more levels without making a harder challenge that needed the 50 extra levels.
In a way, it's safe to say that the following DLC pack order is from easiest to hardest.
  1. Master Quest Pack
  2. Twilight Princess Pack
  3. Majora's Mask Pack
  4. Boss Pack
If you have yet to complete the Master Quest map, then you're not yet ready for the Twilight Princess map. Likewise, you should complete the Twilight Princess map before facing the Termina map.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well... I haven't completed the Twilight Princess map, but I've "finished" the Majora's Mask one (saved Termina and unlocked all costumes). And my best character, Zelda, is only level 95...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well... I haven't completed the Twilight Princess map, but I've "finished" the Majora's Mask one (saved Termina and unlocked all costumes). And my best character, Zelda, is only level 95...
I must not have enough guts then, because I never started the Master Quest map until after I've completed all the Adventure Mode map battles, along with the 5 Rewards map battles.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
You honestly think the MM map is harder than the TP map?
It's, somehow, even to me.

Majora's Mask difficulty isn't really surviving, but a battle against time (how fitting with the original game). Either bosses or captains, it's more a survival than a battle to death. They take so long to kill.

It's probably because of my level, but the MM map had some tough missions. Especially the one against Ganon, where the lizalfos were really violent, and Ganon was able to one shot me if I was careless against his lasers.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I went through the entire map without problems not counting 7 stages where I was forced to get silver cause took too long/low level or legitimately hard cause something like AGITHA
LANA SUMMONING GATE OR LANA IN GENERAL
ZELDA BATON
ZANT MAP WITH GHOSTS GOING FOR KEEPS WITH ONE HIT FROM DEATH ACROSS THE MAP

But yeah, I could've finished the MM map in One cycle (72 turns + I believe 50 extra from inverted time song) but I messed up 4 times by quitting and just realizing the 3rd time it takes our turns away. When I counted down the turns I had left and all that, I quite literally needed exactly 4 turns in order to complete the map in one cycle, but sadly it was not meant to be.

So I just finally beelined for the giant icons even though been available for awhile and beat the dark ruler to get rid of the time altogether.

Where as TP map it required multiple hours of grinding and careful playing cause 4+ heart damaging moves, I could've prolly gone through 80% of them being silver if my OCD didn't make me stop playing maps until I A'd them.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Maybe your characters have a higher level?

My best were Agitha, Zelda and Zant, around 80 (now around 90), while most of the others were around 60.

I admit, I'm not a A rank fanatic, I just tend to go unlock the costumes. Now that I have them all, I can finally complete the skulltulas (I only have 1 illustration completed...)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well there's your problem then. If getting A's is not important to people then realistically speaking none of the maps should give you trouble, huge damage or taking long or not, it doesn't matter in the end, you can take 20+ minutes on a map and get first skulltula and the costumes always bronze, so finishing without any issues since again not seeking out A so no need to worry about getting hits and under 15 minutes.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, I still try to. But I prefer taking 20 minutes finishing a mission and advancing on a map than taking 20 minutes pressing "restart".

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well there's your problem then. If getting A's is not important to people then realistically speaking none of the maps should give you trouble, huge damage or taking long or not, it doesn't matter in the end, you can take 20+ minutes on a map and get first skulltula and the costumes always bronze, so finishing without any issues since again not seeking out A so no need to worry about getting hits and under 15 minutes.
Some battles actually "require" you to get an A-rank to advance even further on the map though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
At least with an *additional* 50 levels, things that are hard will be theoretically much easier. Obviously.

It's a shame my Link and Young Link are the only ones close and like even Link is needed for 0 things. Sigh.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I haven't even used the DLC characters save for maps with no rewards. I've leveled them all up to 63 each on rupees alone.

Highest is Link at 105 now I believe. Literally just unlocked Evil's Bane (and beat Hero difficulty) earlier this week. Right now I'm finishing up rewards for Twilight Map. Touched a bit of MM map already, but fell back to actually complete Master Quest before progressing.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So does Ganon actually have levels or anything in this mode or is it just a cathartic fun thing?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That's a good question. We can say for sure that he have a new moveset, considering we have a screen with a trident, but he is playable only in one mode, so...

the8thark

Smash Lord
We have dates for the Boss DLC:

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/update.html
26/2/2015 for Japan

http://www.zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/dlc/
12/03/2015 for NA

26/2/2015 for the EU
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/nintendo_download_26th_february_europe
Not official but many sources has it down on the 26th with the other digital releases in the EU eShop for that day.

26/2/2015 for Australia
This is my assumption only. But since all the other DLC was released in the EU and Australia on the same day I do not see this being any different.

I do not know why NA has to wait approx 2 weeks longer for this. I know NA mostly get releases first but still anyone having to wait is not fair. It can't be a localisation thing as the EU supposedly get it on the 26th as well. So I don't know what the reason is there.

The Japanese site also says (google translated) - "Update data and additional content (February 26, 2015 delivery schedule)". Update data and additional content = Patch 1.6.0 and Boss pack DLC I would assume. And also in the EU and Australia if they release both patch and DLC on the same day too. I don't know if NA will get the patch on the 26th also. That is possible. But we shall wait and see.

So does Ganon actually have levels or anything in this mode or is it just a cathartic fun thing?
In 3 days we will know.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I agree that americans having to wait is weird.

As you said, it's not a question of localisation, considering Europe's several languages.

Anyway, I'm really want to see the costumes.

the8thark

Smash Lord
The official Boss DLC trailer is here showing off both modes.
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/update_0226.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50iWo_3BLWU
Source links for the video. Official site and youtube.

Does this mean the 4 in 1 DLC pack will get a price drop soon?

Does this mean there will be no more DLC for Hyrule Warriors because it's thanking us like in past tense.

Does this have any significance at all?
A new possible DLC or patch - New character: "The Cucco"
Weapon Lv 2: Silver Cucco
Weapon Lv 3: Gold Cucco
The cuccos (plus gold and silver) are already in the game. I just guess this would be a funny thing and probably will never happen.

Patch 1.6.0 details

I will share info that you have not yet shared. That info is all about challenge mode. This whole new DLC is dedicated to it. I'll throw the info in a spoiler tag just so everyone is happy, but if you want feel free to read it, it'll be a long description.

Challenge mode is now split up into 3 parts.

1. Battle Challenge
2. Boss Challenge
3. Ganon's Fury

All 3 challenges areas will look roughly like this once accessed.

This example is the Battle Challenge but all 3 act in the same way. You start off with 1-2 challenges in each of the 3 parts. And you earn more challenges/stages in each of the 3 parts by beating the earlier challenges with good medals. I'm not sure what the new costume requirements are to obtain yet. On the right hand side of the screen is your stats sheet for every single challenge. You have a different sheet for each character on each challenge. And it records your best stats for each challenge with each character. Basically a "can you beat your personal best score" kind of thing.

The Battle Challenges are just like the Faron Woods one we've already had. You just do whatever tasks it assigns you and you win. There is not too much else to say here. Basic and fun.
The Boss Challenges are basically kill X number of enemies. How to make the hordes appear? You have to kill the crazy number of giant bosses. Each boss kill makes some hordes appear to kill. The Bosses do fight each other and trying to kill 3x Dodongos or whatever while all 3 are trying to attack you at once is pretty hard. Sure the number of KOs there looks like it's a lot within the time, but really you'll get those easy as. The hordes that appear are huge in number, closely packed and die fast. The challenge here is to kill 3 giant bosses with all 3 right next to each other and all of them attacking you at once without taking too much damage to lose the A Rank.

Ganon's fury is basically like the Battle Challenge, just do what it tells you to and you win. The catch is you play as Ganon. Here is the info about playing as Ganon you need to know.
  • He has his own special control layout. It's Warriors based. I don't see a way to change these controls to the Zelda style. A shame if you use the Zelda controller layout (as I do) but such is life I guess.
  • No co-op mode.
  • Ganon starts out at Lv1. And you level him up in the usual way. He's not a traditional character and does not appear in the Bazzar so you can't buy him levels.
  • As far as I know he has no weapons to equip.
  • His combos and special attack smash work like every other characters.
  • He has no focus spirit. Instead he starts off like a standard character. And when you beat a giant boss in a stage as Ganon you can then use that giant boss's ability (as Ganon would use it). As in all the Ganon attacks you have to use weapons to beat before you weak point him down in story mode. You get to use those attacks once earnt by beating the correct giant boss. You just swap through the different earnt attacks like other characters would items with the d-pad.
  • Ganon is huge compared to everything else. You don't have to wait for eternity for weak points to appear to kill giant bosses as you do every other character. Ganon can just combo them down with standard or whatever attacks he wants.
  • Ganon is relatively slow.
  • Ganon as far as I know has no badges so once we work out the max damage we can have for his levels to get the A Rank, more Ganon levels are only good for more damage. The extra heart pieces earnt from levelling up become worthless once you get more than Max A Rank damage.
  • When you beat the stage Ganon has no video sequence saying "yay I won" like every other character. It just goes to the results screen straight away.
  • Just like the other 2 modes, this mode records your progress so you can you beat your personal best score for each stage if you want to.
  • I am not sure if you can use potions on these stagers at all. Ganon has no in stage items. But not sure if you can use things like +XP or Rupee Festival in these stages. I don't think you can but I'm sure if you can someone will work it out.

Some trivia and my thoughts about the new DLC/patch
  • The thank you for playing, max level now and all medals medal make me think that this will be the last DLC for Hyrule Warriors ever. Sure the cucco at the end of the video makes the wonder but I guess it's just there to make us think or just have a laugh. I do wish it was a hint at more content but I think only a small chance of this.
  • The max level of 255 is a throw back to Zelda 1. In Zelda 1 your max number of rupees you could hold was 255. And 255 in hex is FF. So that value makes sense.
  • The three new potions look aimed at the new challenge modes (boss challenge specifically) and not helping us at all with the 4 challenge maps we already have and their really hard stages (well some are very very hard).
  • The new max level 255 will make the 4 adventure maps easier but does not fix the no favoured element making armour badges worthless issue.

The 5 new costumes. Nothing flash here. Just recolours.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well... After a recap like that, what should I say?

Boss Challenge: Some of them are incredibly hard. There's a survival mission where 6 aeralfos, Ghirahim, Zant, a Dark Zant, Argorok and Dark Gohma were all following me.
And you can't heal during survival missions.

The anti-boss elixir allows you to damage bosses without breaking their weak point.

Also, when I play as Ganon, I have the Zelda controls.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So I'm guessing that Ganon is a Challenge Mode exclusive then. Well, I guess if you want to conclude the DLC extravaganza, you might as well end it with a bang.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ganon mode is underwhelming IMO.

Sure, a little attack kills hundreds of enemies, but the camera is really bad, Ganon is slow and hard to control, you don't even see why you lose hearts...

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
So there is something in the DLC which has not been advertised yet. It's a pretty good surprise though so be warned...

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I need to unlock this, the mission for it is quite hard though. Just need to level up.

Played more Ganon, he really feels stiff at first, but when you learn how to place yourself, it's better. Unlocking the costumes is fairly easy, although I used A LOT the Argorok Ride attack with Lana.

the8thark

Smash Lord
So there is something in the DLC which has not been advertised yet. It's a pretty good surprise though so be warned...

If you saw the Boss pack DLC trailer video you will have known that it has been advertised. And the way in which it was advertised was intentional I think. As a secret thing for people to find.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Will there be any more Hyrule Warriors patches or DLC?

What do you think? I don't think so actually. My reasoning is this:

1. This image from the Boss DLC trailer makes me think the thanks for playing is in the past tense. Like "show's over, thanks for playing".

2. Level cap of 255. We all know the Zelda 1 reference there. But that amount really feels like that were aiming for this and that there will be no more levelling up patches.

3. The medal for getting every other medal in game feels so final like that's it, can't be any more medals because that's the one you get from getting them all. Sure they could add more after this but I just feel that this is it.

What do you think? Do you disagree and think there will be more patches and DLC to this game?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
As you said, I highly doubt there will be new packs.
Updates... It can happen, to improve the game stability, I guess. But not to raise the level cap or add medals.

But does this mean the end of DLC? I don't think so.
They still can add costumes, weapon skins or even characters. After all, everything was sold seperatly in Japan if I recall well.
This said, I doubt it will happen, but a man can dream.

Not really related, but I hope that someday, we will be able to chose our weapon skin. Some of the level 3 weapons aren't the best IMO.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Will there be any more Hyrule Warriors patches or DLC?

What do you think? I don't think so actually. My reasoning is this:

1. This image from the Boss DLC trailer makes me think the thanks for playing is in the past tense. Like "show's over, thanks for playing".

2. Level cap of 255. We all know the Zelda 1 reference there. But that amount really feels like that were aiming for this and that there will be no more levelling up patches.

3. The medal for getting every other medal in game feels so final like that's it, can't be any more medals because that's the one you get from getting them all. Sure they could add more after this but I just feel that this is it.

What do you think? Do you disagree and think there will be more patches and DLC to this game?
Time for a sequel!

Seriously though, I need it, I'm craving new maps and characters I actually care about. Where's nabooru, medli, tetra, skull kid? Instead we get a second midna, a second link and tingle although this could just be because they don't wanna add story important characters through DLC

Last edited:
Top Bottom