• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
That seems just slightly too good to be true.
Your opinion, I thought Sheik was a given, as was the goron/zora combo with Darunia/Ruto as the front runners (though honorable mentions go to Darmani and Mikau).

Oh, as a side note that puts us at 10 playable characters, which is more than the 9 slots that appeared on the CSS in the demo. This should be a surprise to no-one, but it does quell the few idiots people who honestly thought there'd only be 9 characters.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I hope that Sheik's intro animation has Zelda transforming into her or something, because it makes no since, in an actually Zelda game, to have both Sheik and Zelda, unless Zelda transforms into her.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Awesome! Darunia was expected for the reveal, and having Sheik and Princess Ruto in addition is great. 3 more characters that I thoroughly enjoy. Collectible Gold Skulltullas is cool, too. Looking forward to their character trailers, and further reveals in the future.
Still pulling for characters such as Tingle, Happy Mask Salesman, Fierce Deity, Deku Link, Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, etc.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
It depends on what they call the world of OoT, as it's often argued if Termina is part of the same world.

Either way I think it's safe to say our wishes of Wind Waker, Link Between or Zelda 2 content isn't happening, but Tingle and Skull Kid aren't necessarily out.

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
The new Famitsu scans have been uploaded, showcasing characters such as Princess Ruto, Darunia, Lana with the Deku Sprout and Great Deku Tree, etc. No translations as of the time of my posting (or not that I've seen, anyways), but they'll be around very shortly, I'd assume.

Also, I still believe Tingle, Skull Kid, and other characters / content from Majora's Mask are fair-game. After all, have we forgotten the represented Moonfall attack? While that's not a character, or anything definitive, really (you could argue about Zelda having the Wind Waker as an item, although they do use the specific name of "Baton"), I still don't find it to be a 100% dis-confirmation (I did want to see more content / characters from other games of the series, but what can you do? Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule and others will perhaps get their chance another time. . .).

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Well, I was hoping for a Deku Scrub playable character, but I guess a weapon for Lana works pretty well too, and he does look super cute!

It's interesting that the Gohma seems to be based off his 2D appearances though given it's only 3D games that were drawn together :S.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
i find it hard to believe that in what is basiccally the ultimate zelda fanservice game they would leave out skull kid.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
We have Sheik as a playable character

Darunia as a playable character

Impa Also got some Fire Swords as a alternate weapon

Lana got a Staff type weapon that summons the Great Deku Tree and The Deku Tree Sapling

Link Gets a Lovely Ocarina Of Time Alt

Princess Ruto as a character

Zelda Gets An Oot Alt as well

And some other Stuff such as the Boomerang coming back and well more stuff

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Seeing Darunia again makes me so happy. Love that giant ****ing dork. Can't wait to play him. <3333

andimidna

Smash Master
Hyrule Warriors roster (6.5) Roster.png

The Zelda slot is for Bucha the Kikwi.
This is my current roster, 18 protagonists and 3 unlockable villains. Ganondorf is the final (21st) character.

Saria and an Ocarina/Slingshot
Nabooru and Dual Swords
Groose and the Groosenator
Rauru... with attacks involving Kaepora Gaebora... and magic...? Cannon based off Auru?
Ashei and an Ice Spear? a Japanese Sword? Bow? Cannon?
Malon and Epona and...
Yeta and MIRROR! lol
Bucha and some sort of Nature attacks

domokl

Smash Lord
i think we saw all playable characters beside ganondorf in that trailer. that just seemed like the last trailer to me. also cia is probably going to be playable as a villian too.

andimidna

Smash Master
i think we saw all playable characters beside ganondorf in that trailer. that just seemed like the last trailer to me. also cia is probably going to be playable as a villian too.
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/character.html
Coming soon...
That alone should prove we have at least 2 protagonists left. (the empty space may prove 5)
I'm betting on 5 more, even though I posted my hopeful roster with 8 more.

domokl

Smash Lord
so do you guys think we will get more reveals before japanese release or will the rest of the unannouced character be secret?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
With Ruto, Darunia and Sheik representing OoT does anyone think we'll get another playable Twilight Princess character and two more Skyward Sword characters for balance?

Presuming of course that Impa isn't classed as a Skyward Sword character or Ocarina of Time character, I mean.

HappyW@nderer

Smash Cadet
Wow.
That is bull****.
I heard that Tingle's not very popular. As for Skull Kid, I don't really know. As of right now, with the appearance of Darunia and Ruto, I'm completely confused as to who else will be in right now. I want Saria (the forest sage) to be in it, but with half of the roster having girls, that possibility is really slim.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I heard that Tingle's not very popular. As for Skull Kid, I don't really know. As of right now, with the appearance of Darunia and Ruto, I'm completely confused as to who else will be in right now. I want Saria (the forest sage) to be in it, but with half of the roster having girls, that possibility is really slim.
I think you quoted the wrong person.
In any case, Tingle is popular in Japan and a prominent Zelda character, he deserves to be in, as does Skull Kid, and The Happy Mask Salesman.
The real tragedy though is that this mean Vaati likely won't appear in this game.

HappyW@nderer

Smash Cadet
I think you quoted the wrong person.
In any case, Tingle is popular in Japan and a prominent Zelda character, he deserves to be in, as does Skull Kid, and The Happy Mask Salesman.
The real tragedy though is that this mean Vaati likely won't appear in this game.
I was actually quoting you. Since I've been hearing about Tingle not being in the game and fans ranting about it (I think), I've found it to be very...perplexing. Also, it seemed like you wanted Tingle to be in it; judging from your reaction in your last post.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Well, Darunia's trailer is out:

Last edited:

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
As if my hype level wasn't already high enough for this game...

Am I the only one that's not happy with Ruto being playable? I just never liked her... Though I'll take her over Tingle any day.
He may be popular in Japan, but most people overseas hates him.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
This is my first time posting in this thread, but I'm so stoked for Hyrule Warriors I can't stand it. I'm ecstatic with all of the characters so far, but I'm most hyped for Midna and Ruto. Midna because, well, she's Midna, and Ruto because I loved her development in OoT and I'm always happy to play as a Zora. I'm also confident that we've got several more characters on their way.

As far as villains go, there's a reason that they're "built" like the heroes (as far as having specific weapons and movesets). They will be playable in some capacity, even if it's not in the main storyline.

Kaitou

Smash Rookie
NNID
GameEmpireHD
3DS FC
3496-9817-0774
Darunia really looks fun to play as, should be fun to use his hammer.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
So guys, who willy'allplay as the most?

Me: Ruto, Zelda, Malon (if she''s in), and Fi.

domokl

Smash Lord
gonna be playing fire rod link and if villians are playable then girahim.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are some things I would like to see in Hyrule Warriors:

For Ocarina of Time:
Saria (Utilizes plants, flowers, and other vegetative growth. A slower character that utilizes attacks that focus on projectiles and long distance. Some equipable weapons could be the Deku Stick, Deku Leaf, and Magic Beans )
Malon (A mounted character that utilizes bows and arrows as well as a lasso to take down opponents. Slower attacks but has a very fast traveling speed. She could utilize different accessories to make her horse faster)

For Majora's Mask
Happy Mask Salesman (utilizes various masks to defeat opponents minus the Zora and Goron Mask. Slower yet combo based character. Some masks could include the Blast Mask, Bremen Mask, and Garo's Mask)
Fierce Deity Link (The hardest character to unlock. Powerful and fast. Utilizes attacks from the game.)

Wind Waker
Toon Link (Very nimble and fast. Utilizes weapons found in Wind Waker such as the Skull Hammer, Grappling Hook, Picto Box, and maybe the King of Red Lions)
Toon Zelda (A bit faster than Zelda. Utilizes the wind waker, the wind gods, light arrows, and magic etc).
Tetra (utilizes knives, whips, and cannons. Very nimble but not very powerful.)

Twilight Princess
Hero's Shade (similar to Link but more powerful. Utilizes attacks based on spiritual powers.)
Yeto (Extremely powerful and utilizes cold based attacks. Can move about the stage on various ice creatures.)

Skyward Sword
Groose (a joke character that bumbles his way into battles. Utilizes the Groosenator for some attacks.)
Beatreux (utilizes bat-based attacks as well as techniques such as necromancy and dark magic.)
Locations
Inside the Deku Tree (based of OoT)
Gerudo Desert
Forsaken Fortress (taken from Wind Waker)
Tower of the Gods (taken from Wind Waker)
Woodfall (Taken from Majora's Mask)
Great Bay (Taken from Majora's Mask)
Skykeep (Taken from Skyward Sword)
Bosses
Volvagia (Performs fire based attacks much like its OoT. Encountered as the boss of Death Mountain)
Ghirihim (fought on Skyloft)
Zant (fought in the Land of Twilight)
Fyrus (Eldin Caves)
Koloktos (Lake Hylia)
Twinrova (Gerudo Desert)
Scervo (Lanaryu Gorge)
Helmaroc King (Encoutered in the Forsaken Fortress)
Gohda (Encountered in the Tower of the Gods)
Odolwa (performs strange and erratic dancing motions. Encountered in Woodfall).
Skull Kid (encountered in Great Bay)
Bongo-Bongo (Skykeep)
King Bulbin (?)
Demise (?)
Death Sword (?)
Villain Mode
You can play as a villain and use your armies of darkness to take down the armies of light.
Ganondorf (Powerful and master swordsman. Utilizes both magic and swordsmanship. Able to wield various swords or spears.)
Cia (Slow yet utilizes powerful magic attacks.)
Valga (Powerful melee attacker that utilizes specialized gauntlets)
Wizzro (a very powerful magician capable to dealing large amounts of magical damage)
Zant (combines various attacks and techniques from various characters in the game)
Ghirihim (utilizes quick and precise sowrdsmanship plus dark magic)
Argorok (mounted unit that is capable of powerful yet slow dragon attacks)
Fyrus (powerful and slow hitting fiery monster; capable of leveling many enemies.
Twinrova (sorceress capable of performing magical ice and fire attacks)
Skull Kid (utilizes dark magic and power from Majora's Mask)
Demise (very powerful and slow hitting character that uses swords and lightning)
Death Sword (utilizes necromancy magic and can turn invisible)

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Lana and Sheik are the two that interest me most, both their area control looks absolutely fantastic! But I'll probably play everyone a whole bunch, so I doubt I'll have a main per se...

Top Bottom