• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
As Neo Zero Neo Zero stated above, the official Japanese site of "Hyrule Warriors" has launched. I was going screen-cap images into my post like I had done previously, but instead, a link to the official site's gallery seems sufficient.

There's also a bit of additional information to what I had posted a page prior:

"Shia, the game’s main antagonist, was in charge of protecting the equilibrium of the Triforce. However, she developed feelings for Link and becomes jealous of his relationship with Princess Zelda."

"Shia ends up becoming overcome by wickedness. With her two minions Valga and Wizro, she throws Hyrule in a state of chaos."

"Link is a soldier-in-training in Hyrule Warriors. Famitsu confirms that the chain mail is his soldier-in-training gear."

** Information I had posted on the previous page in spoiler tags below:
Here are some further details to add from the translation(s), along with some screen-caps:

• August 14th
  • Retail - 7,980 yen, eShop - 6,980, Premium Box Set - 11,664
  • Premium set comes with a Triforce shaped clock, and serial codes for 6 special costumes.
  • Will also be a 'Treasure Box' version available on Amazon and Tecmo Koei's online store 'GAMECITY', but no details yet on what it includes.
  • Developed by ωForce, Team NINJA, supervised by Aonuma.
  • Story is Link an in-training soldier must rescue the Princess Zelda from the witch Shia who has been turned evil somehow.
  • 2 player mode where one person is on the GamePad, while another is on the TV. When playing alone the GamePad acts as a menu.
  • Equipping different weapons onto characters will change the way they fight, including speed focused one-handed swords to heavier weapons that focus on damage.
  • Weapon upgrade system and character growth/improvement
  • Musou action combined with the Zelda series' Z-targeting means you can avoid attacks and focus on enemy weak spots.
  • Zelda series' spin attack appears instead of the Musou Ranbu (?) of the musou franchise.
  • Bombs make an appearance, won't just be used for throwing at enemies.
  • Impa, a captain of the Royal Army, appears as a playable character wielding a giant long sword.
  • Several other characters are playable too. Aonuma was surprised by how many.
  • Playable at E3.
Development is 70% complete.

Also, here's a link to Siliconera's translation of the Famitsu interview with the developer's of "Hyrule Warriors" (Supervisor Eiji Aonuma, producer Hisashi Koinuma, and producer Yosuke Hayashi), talking about its conception, presentation, etc.

Edit:
- DLC will be available for "Hyrule Warriors" (there is a DLC category on the official site, though not yet open).

- Translations for the official site's currently available character profile pages.

Edit # 2:
- Additional translated comments and information from supervisor Eiji Aonuma, producer Hisashi Koinuma, and producer Yosuke Hayashi.

- After Hyrule Warriors presentation at E3 (game play, trailer, etc.), further information is expected to be revealed within the weeks and month(s) after.

Last edited:

Reader

Smash Apprentice
Shia looks like something Team Ninja could have used in Dead or Alive series, if you get my drift...

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129

Any guesses on who he girl with grey hair on the right is? It looks like an original character, but I might be mistaken...

finalark

SNORLAX
I assume she's a new character, since I don't recognize her right off the bat.

The only thing I can really think of is maybe she's Nayru based on her Oracle of Ages incarnation, but that's quite a stretch.

finalark

SNORLAX
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/a...e-warriors-roster-will-be-female#.U6Cpf7K9KSM

Apparently at least half of the roster will be female.

Here's to hoping for Medli, or even better, a Medli and Makar team, with Makar running at Medli's side.
If I recall from one previous video I saw, the demo had nine character slots. Half of that would be about 4-5 slots. Given that we already have three female characters I expect that we can see one to two more getting announced in the future. I'm crossing my fingers for Sheik.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If I recall from one previous video I saw, the demo had nine character slots. Half of that would be about 4-5 slots. Given that we already have three female characters I expect that we can see one to two more getting announced in the future. I'm crossing my fingers for Sheik.
I, along with many other people, feel that we will see more than 9 characters.
I'm guessing around 25 - 30. 40 being the absolute max.

EDIT: Also, even if there only 9 characters, your forgetting about the blue-haired girl on the box art.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

finalark

SNORLAX
Agatha? You mean that one girl who you go to for the bug side quest? THAT Agatha?

Also, this game is giving all the love to TP. I wouldn't mind seeing them expand to other titles, like maybe give us a playable Zora or Goron character.

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yeah. . . This pretty much just opened up the door(s) for further character speculation, because I really doubt anyone expected Agitha to be in the game, much less playable. I had believed Tingle had a decent possibility of being playable already, but now I don't feel so out of place to suggest someone such as the Happy Mask Salesman. Ha. If nothing else, I do look forward to seeing other surprising (playable) characters in this game.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

magazine image of lana (left) and agitha (right)

(if anyone can find a larger HQ version please do cuz I couldn't find one)

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I don't think there is a larger version yet, Famitsu doesn't come out 'till Friday, and they don't hit the leaker's hands 'till wednesdays normally... this seems to be legit, but it's kinda surprising we got it already. Keep an eye on 2ch for the HQ leak, probably sometime tomorrow.

Last edited:

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
Nintendo's finally giving me what I want out of this series, which is a shake-up in the gameplay and playable characters that aren't Link. So y'know, I'm probably going to buy this.

I'm hoping for Medli, Linebeck, Groose, and Saria.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I whipped up this little ol' number in the roster maker:
Hyrule Warriors Roster.png
Top are playable heroes, bottom are villains.
Goron, Zora, Kikwi, Lizalfos, and Deku King are placeholders for a character of their respective series, original or otherwise.
The Triforce icons are placeholders for Original characters.
Look good? Any glaring omissions?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I'm not sure we'll get Toon characters with the art-style as it is, even if we get Tingle I think he'll be more of his MM design than WW... But I guess it's possible...

You are missing Malon though, she's a very recurring character and much loved, so if Agitha can get in she's got to be in the game right?!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm not sure we'll get Toon characters with the art-style as it is, even if we get Tingle I think he'll be more of his MM design than WW... But I guess it's possible...

You are missing Malon though, she's a very recurring character and much loved, so if Agitha can get in she's got to be in the game right?!
I think characters like Tetra and Linebeck will certainly get realistic redesigns, but I don't think they'd exclude significant characters like that for no real reason.
Malon is a good idea. I'll put her in.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I whipped up this little ol' number in the roster maker:
View attachment 17106
Top are playable heroes, bottom are villains.
Goron, Zora, Kikwi, Lizalfos, and Deku King are placeholders for a character of their respective series, original or otherwise.
The Triforce icons are placeholders for Original characters.
Look good? Any glaring omissions?
For the villains, there's Twinrova.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Mark my words, Link is going to be the most boring character in this game, just like Mario in Mario Kart.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If a Goron is playable I kind of hope it's Darunia. Only because I can see them incorporating rhythm and clumsy dancing into his fighting.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Here is my new roster:
Hyrule Warriors Roster.png
What do you all think?
Left is heroes, right is villains. Once again, Triforce is original characters, Goron, Zora, Deku King, and Lizalfos are placeholders for a character of that species, original or otherwise.

finalark

SNORLAX
Some news, it's a few days late but I figured I'd post it up anyway.

Confirmed for Japan but currently unknown as far as Europe and North America goes: the game will come in three editions. Standard edition comes with download codes for three costumes, the premium edition comes with another three, and the treasure box will come with another three and will be amazon.jp/koei exclusive. So that's a total of nine exclusive costumes if you get the treasure box edition.

Also, aside from Agatha the blue-haired girl has been confirmed to be Lana, an original character who uses magic.

Sauce: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._twilight_princess_outfits_for_link_and_zelda

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Holy crap.

I've been following this game ever since E3, and it looks freaking amazing.

While I don't have any plans on getting SSB4 for Wii U, I am definitely looking forward to playing this. I've always wanted to play as Zelda in a game like this; defending her kingdom against the forces of evil.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I feel Lana is a waste of a character spot, being an OC

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
All OCs are wastes.

If a Goron is playable I kind of hope it's Darunia. Only because I can see them incorporating rhythm and clumsy dancing into his fighting.
I can get behind this. Would think he'd have the Megaton Hammer as an alt weapon, and have a special where he summons Big/Medigoron.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
OCs are there to have a vaguely coherent plot, and this is KT so expect as little coherency as they can justify, and thus as few OCs as possible.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are some characters I would like to see playable:

OoT

Saria: uses plants and spores for attacks. More focused on mid- long range.
Malon: Mounted hero and uses a whip. Quick and powerful.
Princess Ruto: uses watery fish based attacks. Can fight under water.
Darunia: Utilizes the Megaton Hammer but focuses on Melee attacks.
Shiek: Fast, nimble, and agile. Utilizes ninja stars, knives, needles, and other ninja techniques.
Great Fairy: Utilizes fairies for attacks. Can syphon energy from enemies to heal herself.

MM
Young Link: Can use various masks in battle. Such as the 3 transformation masks, Blast Mask, and Keaton Mask.
Happy Mask Salesman: Produces masks and uses them in battle. Also insane.
Tingle: heavy item/gimmick character. Slow, small, but rather complex.

Wind Waker
Toon Link: More agile and uses items such as the Deku Leaf.
Toon Zelda: Quicker and more Agile. Utilizes a trident.
Tetra: Acrobatic and strong. Uses ascimitar and lasso.
King of Hyrule: Strong and a magic user. Can cast water magic and wields a larger trident and staff.
Orca: strong and focused. Performs powerful and reigned moves with his spear. Can also use fishing nets.

TP
Ashei: powerful sword woman who delivers lightning quick slashes.
Rusl: a knight like fighter who favors guard and defense over offenses.
Shad: a rather weak male who relies in Hyrule automations to do battle.
Hero'a Spirit: refined undead hero with powerful and precise attacks. Can transform into a wolf.

SS
Groose: Uses a hand-held groosenstor as well as his lackies. Slow yet strong.
Fi: fast and graceful. Utilizes very quick and strong ice/rock attacks.
Scrapper: a fast and energetic robot that uses found treasure and relics to fight enemies.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I gotta say, ever since that Nintendo direct at the beginning of this year, this game is continuously making great improvements. Visually, this game looks stunning.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Is anyone here planning to main someone? I'm thinking of going with either Zelda or Lana. Zelda because I've always wanted her to take action in leading Hyrule's forces against evil, and Lana because she's growing on me as a potentially good character.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Is anyone here planning to main someone? I'm thinking of going with either Zelda or Lana. Zelda because I've always wanted her to take action in leading Hyrule's forces against evil, and Lana because she's growing on me as a potentially good character.
Out of the revealed characters, Midna. Out of potential characters, the Happy Mask Salesman (if he's in, of course).

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm pretty sure the Happy Mask salesman is in.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Error and Bug would be amazing, also the 'it's dangerous to go alone' man! I mean, he's the first person you come across in the Zelda games, he deserves a spot!

Top Bottom