• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I'll be hoping for Linebeck and/or Byrne.

Also Argorok was my favourite boss battle in Twilight Princess, so I'm glad it will have a presence in this game.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Dang. Lana's attacks are awesome, but her personality is cringe-inducing.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I'll be rooting for Zant, the Happy Mask Salesman, and Skull Kid to be playable. That's really all I want out of this game, it's looking great so far.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
So the small character trailer for Agitha has been uploaded.

I'm still keeping my expectations of this game in check since I've never been a fan of traditional Dynasty Warriors originally. . . My fandom for The Legend of Zelda series is selling this game to me. Ha ha. That being said, the game does in fact appear to be shaping up well, and that's great to see. I'm looking forward to seeing what other characters will actually become playable. Tingle, Happy Mask Salesman, Skull Kid, King Ikana, Deku Link, Vaati and Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule (amongst others; there are so many!) are some characters that I'd love to see playable in Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Lana's personality is cringe inducing? I much prefer her personality to Agitha's. Good god Agitha's is worse. That giggly bratty child persona in her trailer has ensured I will never play her despite her looking to have something really unique to offer.

finalark

SNORLAX
Lana's personality is cringe inducing? I much prefer her personality to Agitha's. Good god Agitha's is worse. That giggly bratty child persona in her trailer has ensured I will never play her despite her looking to have something really unique to offer.
I think like I'm gonna dislike Lana based primarily on the fact that she's trying to invoke the "idol" archetype. And while I enjoy Japanese comics, animation and video games, the idol craze is just something that I personally cannot get behind and frankly, I am not okay with.

But the only thing I dislike more than idols are bratty children. So far, it looks like Link, Midna, Impa and Zelda are the only characters I'm going to be interested in playing.

Also, I would love to see Orca.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I can understand Lana being an 'idol' if that's an acronym for 'genki girl'. Kinda like the stereotypical healer/mage girl that you have early in your party in JRPGs.

Lana's one of those characters I wanna embrace uncontrollably for how cute and cheery she is. Not at all cringe-inducing, but she may turn out shallow if the story gives her no depth.

Last edited:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
I can understand Lana being an 'idol' if that's an acronym for 'genki girl'. Kinda like the stereotypical healer/mage girl that you have early in your party in JRPGs.

Lana's one of those characters I wanna embrace uncontrollably for how cute and cheery she is. Not at all cringe-inducing, but she may turn out shallow if the story gives her no depth.
Yeah I'm afraid of them making her a shallow character too. Hopefully she has some depth and isn't just a pretty face.

finalark

SNORLAX
In my experience most JRPG healers are loving, kind-hearted souls of purely incorruptible pure pureness who could never harm a fly (but a few monsters for EXP are okay) and are too good for this sinful earth.

I'd much rather have a genki girl rather than the above, because I'm actually really sick of that at this point.

Sorry to break it too you, but if you're looking for character depth in the Dynasty Warriors series then you're gonna be disappointed.

I have a feeling that Lana's personality and her very existence is going to be a point of contention. Really, I get the impression that she was added primarily to attract anime/manga fans to the game, since that archetype seems to be quite popular these days. Granted, I'm not as much of a Japanese Media enthusiast as I once was so I might be talking out my ass.

Calcobrena

Smash Cadet
I'm looking forward to seeing other Zelda characters, perhaps more non-human or staple characters. At the moment, Hyrule Warriors feels a bit like a jumbled mish-mash between Zelda and generic anime. Outside of what we seen, I don't think it has quite the 'established' feel one gets from other games in the series.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really want Groose, Happy Mask Salesman, a Goron, a Zora, and why we're at it and getting crazy like Agitha seems to hint? Let's just go ahead and make the King of Hyrule playable. Surely he can **** **** up too.

finalark

SNORLAX
I really want Groose, Happy Mask Salesman, a Goron, a Zora, and why we're at it and getting crazy like Agitha seems to hint? Let's just go ahead and make the King of Hyrule playable. Surely he can **** **** up too.
King of the Read Lions? Why not?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Sorry to break it too you, but if you're looking for character depth in the Dynasty Warriors series then you're gonna be disappointed.

I have a feeling that Lana's personality and her very existence is going to be a point of contention. Really, I get the impression that she was added primarily to attract anime/manga fans to the game, since that archetype seems to be quite popular these days. Granted, I'm not as much of a Japanese Media enthusiast as I once was so I might be talking out my ***.
I don't have story expectations for this game. Honestly, it's a pretty disappointing thing to expect. Series track record be damned.

Her depth would be something nice to have. You know, since the way her character is presented is contentious enough. We barely know enough about the story campaign as of now.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Did this get posted yet?

Seems to confirm Fi as playable. A new weapon for Link and Zelda (a ball and chain for link, a baton which is possibly the Wind Waker for Zelda), SS costumes for the both of them, Ghirahim as a boss, and menitons of "The Sealed One."

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I had actually mentioned having the King of Hyrule (Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule) as one my wanted playable characters myself on my post somewhere above. Seeing as how Agitha opened the door towards these characters, I believe it would be quite fitting.
If WW is anything to go off of, we know that at the very least, he can teleport. Ha ha.

Did this get posted yet?
Seems to confirm Fi as playable. A new weapon for Link and Zelda (a ball and chain for link, a baton which is possibly the Wind Waker for Zelda), SS costumes for the both of them, Ghirahim as a boss, and menitons of "The Sealed One."
With the "98%" hint we were given for this character reveal, everyone of course had already known it would be Fi. That being said, though, I am fine with that, as I do believe she has a comfortable place in this game. I suppose the ball and chain being a new weapon for Link is cool, as are the SS alternates for himself and Zelda. Ghirahim appearing as a boss isn't too surprising, and "The Sealed One", taken in context with Ghirahim and Fi, is probably referring to "The Imprisoned" and / or Demise. As for Zelda possibly having possession of the Wind Waker. . . I'll hold off any judgement for afterwards. With this bite-sized Famitsu scan, I can't clearly see everything in the picture.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Showing all these side characters really gives you a sense of the expanse the Zelda series has character wise. If Agitha opens the door for more obscure characters, we should have got Ashei playable too. Suppose it's not out of the question we could see that by the time the game's out.

I'm not surprised that they would go for someone like Fi to be playable. Now I'll get to predict the rates of my attacks and blast opponents in Autotune kiai glory! Otherwise, that ball & chain item looks nifty. Which Zelda game has that appeared in, if at all?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I wonder if her predictions and percentages will be used. Not really sure how they would use them, though.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I wonder if her predictions and percentages will be used. Not really sure how they would use them, though.
When she's in trouble, or an area is about to be taken?

That ball & chain item looks nifty. Which Zelda game has that appeared in, if at all?
There was a usable ball and chain item in Twilight Princess, and they've appeared used by enemies throughout the series, and the bosses Dark Hammer (TP, where you get the item) and Onox (from Oracles).

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I just had a thought, in the scans we see Zelda holding a wand-like weapon, and the instant assumption was the Wind Waker... but it occurs to me that when it comes to Zelda there's a wand that's even more notable to her: The Wand of Gamelon

I don't think it's likely to be said wand, especially given how swept under the carpet the CDi games are... but if it was how would you all feel?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I just had a thought, in the scans we see Zelda holding a wand-like weapon, and the instant assumption was the Wind Waker... but it occurs to me that when it comes to Zelda there's a wand that's even more notable to her: The Wand of Gamelon

I don't think it's likely to be said wand, especially given how swept under the carpet the CDi games are... but if it was how would you all feel?
Very VERY surprised...

...although kind of impressed. I like the idea of this celebrating any and all things Zelda...even the crappy CDi parts.

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Some updated scans, including Ghirahim, Skyward Sword stages, etc. I'm not certain about the text translations, and I don't read Japanese, so there may be more info hiding in there.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure that is in fact the Wind Waker. I could be misinformed, but I read something about wind attacks and directional change (though I can't recall the source, but whatever).

Edit # 2: I can't give a link right now, unfortunately, but the official Japanese site of Hyrule Warriors has updated with new stage information, gallery pictures, etc. Go check it out!

Last edited:

Zelbertoad

Smash Cadet
I hope they add Tingle as a playable character.
I also hope they add enemies,bosses, and playable characters from the Adventure of Link and the original Legend of Zelda.

Wishlist:

-Enemies:
LOZ: Wizzrobe, Gibdo, Ghini
AOL: Acheman,Daira, Goriya, Wizzrobe

-Bosses:
LOZ: Gleeok, Aquamentus, Manhandla( LOL that name though)
AOL: Iron Knuckle riding a horse, Carock, Barba,Thunderbird, Shadow Link

-Playable Chracters:
LOZ: Old Man, Secret Moblin
AOL: Error, Bagu, Wise men

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if they added Crazy Tracy and based her on her Captain Rainbow look in this game. She's the only character that I can think of as proper Link's Awakening representation.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I hope they add Tingle as a playable character.
I also hope they add enemies,bosses, and playable characters from the Adventure of Link and the original Legend of Zelda.

Wishlist:

-Enemies:
LOZ: Wizzrobe, Gibdo, Ghini
AOL: Acheman,Daira, Goriya, Wizzrobe

-Bosses:
LOZ: Gleeok, Aquamentus, Manhandla( LOL that name though)
AOL: Iron Knuckle riding a horse, Carock, Barba,Thunderbird, Shadow Link

-Playable Chracters:
LOZ: Old Man, Secret Moblin
AOL: Error, Bagu, Wise men
Shadow Link should be playable. Horsehead can replace him as a boss.

domokl

Smash Lord
Shadow Link should be playable. Horsehead can replace him as a boss.
Humainod bosses like shadow link would still be playable. Like how I bleieve zant and girahim are playable too as enemy bosses are usually playable in dynastyb warriors games

Zelbertoad

Smash Cadet
I hope the 2D games get some representation in Hyrule Warriors. It has been just 3D games so far.

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if they added Crazy Tracy and based her on her Captain Rainbow look in this game. She's the only character that I can think of as proper Link's Awakening representation.
I forgot about Link's Awakening! I love that game.
I think anti-kirby would kind of fit.

They should add glitched versions of enemies from the game's amazing glitch world. haha

Mermaid head as a keese or switch. LOL

Edit:
The boss from the colored dungeons in DX would be cool.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
It's just a shame there's not going to be any CDI reps. King Harkinian would be hilarious.

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't know if you guys have seen this yet, but Fi confirmed.

Also, the music in that is the most Metroid music I have ever heard in a Zelda game.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
It seems that we are poised for a new character reveal soon. It apparently has to do with the Earth element, and what naturally comes to mind are the Goron's, so I'm calling an Ocarina of Time Darunia reveal to bless us (though I suppose Darmani or Darbus could suffice as well).

Top Bottom