• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Hyrule Warriors' Nintendo Direct, Coming 8/4/2014

D

Deleted member

Maybe we'd get Ganondorf in a separate trailer? I don't know.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just how many more characters are gonna be playable in this game? I just learned that Darunia and Ruto were confirmed to be in there. Anyone else I missed out? I already know about Midna, Agitha and that blue-haired chick with the book.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I think ganondorf getting his own trailer is possible if he has a new moveset, if it stays the same no announcement until after smash comes out or POTD announcement

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
I've watched a lot of footage of this game and I'm glad for a Zelda game to take a different direction but the game looks so repetitive with the special moves they show and so many enemies on the screen. I'll pick it up day one since I love Zelda and never played a dynasty game before. I just hope it doesn't get boring fast

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Just how many more characters are gonna be playable in this game? I just learned that Darunia and Ruto were confirmed to be in there. Anyone else I missed out? I already know about Midna, Agitha and that blue-haired chick with the book.
Link, Zelda, Impa, Lana, Midna, Agitha, Fi, Ruto, Darunia and Sheik are all the current playable characters

Last edited:

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
I think ganondorf getting his own trailer is possible if he has a new moveset, if it stays the same no announcement until after smash comes out or POTD announcement
I'm thinking he's going to be in a newcomer reveal and have new moves. Link and Zelda have a new move but Ganon really needs it. I hope he gets some magic attacks and his sword

Estwood

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
I hate to sound pessimistic or sceptical but what could they show for the hack and slash for 40 mins? Unless they do something with Amiibo,

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I hate to sound pessimistic or sceptical but what could they show for the hack and slash for 40 mins? Unless they do something with Amiibo,
Well, there's bound to be more information on the characters already revealed, as well as likely a new one that hasn't been seen in trailers yet. Also they will likely expand upon the way the battlefield works, including enemy and ally AI. I also imagine they'll spend a good deal of time talking about the boss monsters we've seen on a few occasions.

There's also game modes. I don't recall hearing anything about a story mode yet, but there usually is one for dynasty warriors, so hearing about that would be nice. I also imagine there will be some sort of light vs. dark mode conquest map, or a dynasty warriors styled battle mode where you pick your hero and then try to take over the land of hyrule fighting others along the way.

Seems like that'd fill up 40 minutes easily enough.

Estwood

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
Well, there's bound to be more information on the characters already revealed, as well as likely a new one that hasn't been seen in trailers yet. Also they will likely expand upon the way the battlefield works, including enemy and ally AI. I also imagine they'll spend a good deal of time talking about the boss monsters we've seen on a few occasions.

There's also game modes. I don't recall hearing anything about a story mode yet, but there usually is one for dynasty warriors, so hearing about that would be nice. I also imagine there will be some sort of light vs. dark mode conquest map, or a dynasty warriors styled battle mode where you pick your hero and then try to take over the land of hyrule fighting others along the way.

Seems like that'd fill up 40 minutes easily enough.
Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if it had a story mode. This game will get my purchase, and I question the fact that they released this before the actual zelda wii U game. I guess it's really the games actual release I'm more concerned than the Nintendo direct episode. But all that's on my wishlist is fierce deity link, and this sword from Majora's mask http://www.zeldaeternity.com/majoras-mask/mm-swordupgradequest.php

Last edited:

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I really am hoping for maybe a zelda villan reveal for not only Hyrule warrior like the dark side of the cast but would also be cool if we got somesort of new announcement for villans for smash. As far as Characters go I wouldn't be suprised for Hyrule Warriors to see Malon/Maron due to the Cuccoo scene that was recently revealed. Also they haven't been in a game in years. Or maybe even Ingo. who knows what they could do.

Last edited:

PlayR489

Smash Cadet
NNID
PlayR489
Groose and Ganondorf. Just reveal them as playable and I will be satisified. :)
Edit: Maybe Beedle too.... lol. He could use Poisonous Bait, Smash His Heli-shop down on enemies as a special and use bombs and arrows.

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I really hope (and also kinda believe) we'll maybe see Dorfy in tomorrow's POTD? Would fit great with the Zelda-themed Direct later the same day.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Guys if sakurai tweets this direct there you go, we will get a zelda character for smash if he does.
I dont think Sakurai is gonna tweet it he might though but seeing as how today is his Birthday and obviously taking tweet pics of his cat. I think he's enjoying his weekend free time. lol. oh well theres always the pick at I think EST is anywhere from 2:30 AM-3:00 AM.

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
Well based on this i predict one more skyward sword character (Groose plz) and 2 characters from another game, possibly Wind Waker
I'm just hoping Ganondorf gets in. He has such a great number of potential abilities, such as the infamous Deadman's Volley. Plus, he's an expert swordsman and has the ability to transform into Ganon as well.

the-gerudo-king-tp.gif

The
King of Evil

Lolzormatic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lolzormatic
3DS FC
3909-7512-5969
I could see a revamped Gannondorf getting an announce trailer with another character. But as the minor reveal, like how Charizard and Captain Falcon did.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Well based on this i predict one more skyward sword character (Groose plz) and 2 characters from another game, possibly Wind Waker
I don't know if that would work considering the art style, I guess they could brawlify them but the proportions would still look weird
I'm just hoping Ganondorf gets in. He has such a great number of potential abilities, such as the infamous Deadman's Volley. Plus, he's an expert swordsman and has the ability to transform into Ganon as well.

View attachment 20347
The King of Evil
I think ganondorf will definitely get in but in a separate roster with villains instead of heros

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I could see Ganondorf getting his own Smash trailer. I mean if they revamp him like so many people want then he would be a newcomer in every sense but name.

I don't expect any Smash news though, what I do hope for is this guy in Hyrule Warriors.
I can see the reveal trailer now:
"Old Man with Wooden Sword"

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Skeptical we'll see anything Smash related tomorrow. Nintendo has a lot more properties than Smash to keep their hype train rollin'.

Anyways, everyone's saying Ganondorf, which is pretty reasonable given he's already been hinted at E3. And if we're gonna get one more Twilight Princess character, please bring Ashei. You're pulling out ridiculous NPCs like Agitha, so why leave her off?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Skeptical we'll see anything Smash related tomorrow. Nintendo has a lot more properties than Smash to keep their hype train rollin'.

Anyways, everyone's saying Ganondorf, which is pretty reasonable given he's already been hinted at E3. And if we're gonna get one more Twilight Princess character, please bring Ashei. You're pulling out ridiculous NPCs like Agitha, so why leave her off?
I don't see why not, she's popular, she fits and she has weapons, multiple in fact

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
It was implied. Here, take a look:
View attachment 20339
I'm guessing there will be a hero roster and a villain roster. My guess for the three people left on the hero side are Tingle, and characters to represent Din and Farore (I think Lana represents Nayru)

The Villain roster will likely have the 3(?) villains exclusive to this game, in addition to Ganondorf, Skull Kid/Majora, Zant, Vaati, etc, etc.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
At best we will get a coinciding reveal of Ganondorf on the smash website
This is my thought. Stuff revealed about HW, Ganon shown at the end as playable, and also Bam reveal for SSB4 too. Rosalina was revealed for Smash during the Mario Kart Direct. So a repeat of this for Ganon would not surprise me.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
This is my thought. Stuff revealed about HW, Ganon shown at the end as playable, and also Bam reveal for SSB4 too. Rosalina was revealed for Smash during the Mario Kart Direct. So a repeat of this for Ganon would not surprise me.
No, rosalina was revealed in the december direct. The mario kart one was in april

Last edited:
Top Bottom