• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Hyrule Warriors' Nintendo Direct, Coming 8/4/2014

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Hyrule Warriors, a Legend of Zelda collaboration between Nintendo and Dynasty Warriors developer Temco Koei, is nearing its September 14 release date. As such, Nintendo has announced a Hyrule Warriors-themed Nintendo Direct. This Nintendo Direct will air this coming Monday, August 4th at 8 P.M. PT/11 P.M. ET. Nintendo has been releasing a steady stream of videos highlighting playable characters and their weapons over the past month, leading many to believe this Nintendo Direct will instead flesh out the story and universe of the game.

Mark your calendars for the Hyrule Warriors Direct!
With Link, Zelda, and Shiek all confirmed as playable characters in Hyrule Warriors, the only Smash Brothers star left unannounced is Ganondorf! Do you think we will see him in Hyrule Warriors? What do you think about this Zelda/Dynasty Warriors crossover? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit knows Toon/Young Link aren't in Hyrule Warriors. They're the same person as Link though so it doesn't count. Exploit petty technicalities with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I could see Ganondorf getting his own Smash trailer. I mean if they revamp him like so many people want then he would be a newcomer in every sense but name.

I don't expect any Smash news though, what I do hope for is this guy in Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
We will see some Ganon-Canon-Action in full HD glory. I've been spreading His name and good Word throughout the forums. Be prepared for his reveal dance followed by His Word to all the current revealed swordsmen:

I've been ready for His glorious return to Smash for a long time now. Keep in mind that if anything, we'll get a PotD reveal post-Direct, the King will not be revealed during the Direct. I am only the messenger.

As for Hyrule Warriors itself, I just really want to see His official art the most at the moment (potential new avatar maybe?). I'm already super excited for the game itself, but being able to play as Ganondorf would just be too much to handle.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Just gonna say this now: There isn't going to be a Ganondorf Smash reveal during his. It's a Hyrule Warriors Direct, which means it's only focusing on Hyrule Warriors.

Remember when we though we would get Wonder-Red in the W101 Direct, or Mewtwo in the XY Direct?

Defile

Smash Apprentice
I will be very disappointed if Ganon isn't in Smash 4, but I think he has a good chance of making it in. That said, the odds of him getting his own reveal trailer seem slim since he is a veteran character. Only one veteran has gotten his own reveal trailer so far.

Last edited:

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
We're not getting anything Smash-related from this direct unless Sakurai says something about it in Monday's post.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Knowing Sakurai, he won't reveal Ganon/(a new Zelda rep) because it would be too obvious.

And if Agitha is a character, Groose dam well better be.

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just gonna say this now: There isn't going to be a Ganondorf Smash reveal during his. It's a Hyrule Warriors Direct, which means it's only focusing on Hyrule Warriors.
Which is why Derrit said he wondered if he'd be announced for Hyrule Warriors, not Smash Bros.

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197

QUICK EVERYONE, TO THE HYPE TRAIN BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
We will see some Ganon-Canon-Action in full HD glory. I've been spreading His name and good Word throughout the forums. Be prepared for his reveal dance:

I've been ready.
Omg. That top rock and foot work is flawless.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I expect the official announcement of playable villains. And a full look at Ganon.

Groose, Ashei, Saria, Malon, Nabooru, or Rauru getting revealed too? Groose and Malon seem likely. Fingers crossed for Ashei though.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I am much more excited for this game then I thought I would be. Each character looks really fun, and while I have never played a DW game, the fan service alone is enough to draw me in.

I'm hoping that we get some pre-order bonus for the NA release. The items in the bundle for the Japanese release are truly amazing, and after last year's Ganondorf statue, I don't think it is too far fetched.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My only wish is that we have a guest appearance of Takamaru again.
After all, he's to blame that I'm somewhat interested in this title.

That, and I'd like to see any character from the Oracle games.
Wether one of the 3 animal helpers, Blaino, a Subrosian, Onox, Verdana, or Maple the witch.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
image.jpg
I think he will for Smash. I just hope he isn't a Captain Falcon clone lie he was in the previous two games. I've said this before here, give him a sword. And change his Final Smash to him becoming Ganon from Ocarina Of Time. You can only use him for a brief time, much like Bowser's Giga Bowser Final Smash.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I just really want Yeta lol. It'll be so fun smashing Ordon Pumpkins over enemies, or sliding on your belly through them all. Maybe you could do something with the mirror, too. IDRK lol.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Eh... not really excited for this game. Looks like Dynasty Warriors rooted In Zelda lore. Hopefully a ganondorf reveal will make this worth while.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'd just laugh if Ganondorf's moves are similar to how he plays in Smash Bros.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I feel like people aren't nearly excited enough for this game. I wish Agitha and Lana weren't characters though, to be honest.

Seems like they pulled most of the stuff for this game from Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Wish they would pull more than the moon from Majora's Mask. (No pun intended!)

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
The odds of us getting Smash news from this? Not very good.

Hyrule Warriors still looks awesome, though.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I'm still trying to think if I want to get this game. It looks really really awesome, and totally fun to play, but I don't know how often I'll actually play it despite how great it looks. I've never played any games like it so I don't even know if it is my genre. Oh well, I'll probably end up buying it anyways. Thanks Nintendo for giving me places to spend my paycheck. :p

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace

Remember when we though we would get Wonder-Red in the W101 Direct, or Mewtwo in the XY Direct?
But... Wonder Red isn't in the game anyway. He couldn't have been revealed during the W101 Direct if he's not in the game. As for the Pokemon Direct, the first Pokemon to get revealed after Pikachu (Lucario) wasn't revealed until 2014 anyway, let alone Mewtwo, who we don't even know is in the game. those directs aren't really comparable to this one.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
But... Wonder Red isn't in the game anyway. He couldn't have been revealed during the W101 Direct if he's not in the game. As for the Pokemon Direct, the first Pokemon to get revealed after Pikachu (Lucario) wasn't revealed until 2014 anyway, let alone Mewtwo, who we don't even know is in the game. those directs aren't really comparable to this one.
...Can you explain that better? I don't understand the logic.

wewewezing

Smash Cadet
I'm really hoping to see Lana be playable in Smash 4, even if its probably not gonna happen x_x

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
To be fair apart from smash the only game to catch my interest on the Wii U is Hyrule warriors. The simplicity of the gameplay appeals to me, and I've been a fan of Dynasty Warriors Empires and Dynasty Warriors Gundam games for a long time. I think I'll watch it.

And no, I don't expect any smash news with it. That would undermine the direct which is supposed to focus on Hyrule warriors. What I hope to see is some from of Malon in the game. We've got Ruto and Sheik and Zelda, Malon's been in more games than Sheik and Ruto so I'm hoping she's represented in some ways. Even if she's just in the shop selling you items or something.

Top Bottom