• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hyrule Banned Tier List

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i have a list of things to work on that i also posted about, but the key to improvement is not constantly playing and practicing. you need time off to regroup, reconsider, rethink, time to watch videos and learn other techniques, notice patterns, etc. there are days i don't want to play, just discuss, or just play, and not discuss, or not play or discuss and just practice movement and technique, or do nothing related to smash at all.
I don't know about you but the last time you stopped playing smash, for say a week, did you get any measurably better? I know for a fact if I don't play every day, and i skip a day/days, I am without a doubt visually going to be playing worse all around(tech skill, combos, edgeguards, the neutral game). I have to play every day to get as close as possible to having my button inputs be down to a science. Even in other fields in which I practice and perform, say music for an example; I am without a doubt obviously rusty when I stop playing bass for a day/days. Precision does not come from lack of practice.

This isn't to say that I practice smash at every given moment it becomes available, but I definitely do less complaining and arbitrary discussion on smashboards than I used to. In fact, since I have been playing, and this disincludes the DDOS downtime, I have gotten better and better the LESS I go on smashboards. There is almost nothing of value to discuss on this site for a player like me anymore, because most of the discussion is pure garbage. I mean the last post made in my beloved character Fox's board was from ****ing mid-July(and to give a level of comparison: MINT was the last one who posted in the ness boards a day later than my fox post. he doesn't even play the game anymore I don't believe.)

These boards have become nothing more than:
boo hoo m2k beat us at our favorite game without practice. meh meh he plays so gay *sob* i wish the stick couldn't go any further in my bum, but it CAN *sob*

boo hoo 4 stocks/hyrule sucks(which actually are relevent issues)

boo hoo my matchups aren't good. let me go find llike minded players so we can all bask in the glory of complaining about kirby, and rat v fox on DL

Almost everything that I found to be worth value to my improvement and knowledge about my character and game, I either asked players far better than me, theorycrafted until I found something useful, or searched this unorganized, garbage-ridden board to the DEPTHS just to find tiny tidbits of info I did not have yet. I often feel that I am part of a VERY select group that actually prefers to get better and learn intricacies, rather than ***** and moan and whine and beg, or just post irrelevant nonsense.

And also cobr my notebook is sure as hell more than 'list of things i need work on.' It includes my habits vs every character, what I should be doing vs those characters, combos that are guaranteed or result in an edgeguard, and how to edgeguard vs every character. It also includes thoerycrafting that hasn't been confirmed yet, and things other players have given me as advice. I have things to add to my notebook almost everyday, and I have been trying to make flowcharts for various %s and stage locations to help refine my gameplay. I without a doubt put more effort in this game than a majority of players that view the poor excuse for discussion this board. After reading some of what is discussed here, only occasionally do I feel that I my time was worth spent(for example, bane's post against hyrule: nothing I have ever read about disliking hyrule has been explained so well. usually "*tear tear* i hate hyrule pls ban, my panties got stuck in the tent again and the other guy is laughing at me and not approaching. help")

Yobolight

Smash Lord
If I play everyday for a week, my mindset gets stale.

If I then take a couple days off, I feel like I come back with a fresh perspective.

I think of getting better at Smash like lifting weights. If you work out everyday then you never get a chance to recover and thus you kind of stagnate.

The mental aspect of 64 is like 80-95% of the game and like tech skill is like 5-20% (like 5% for Samus, 20 for Yoshi) so for me at least the fresh perspective is worth the minor loss in muscle memory.

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
wtf why is hyrule banned? someone fill me in on this? hyrule is like, objectively the best stage in the game.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Objectively speaking, how did you dodge the censor? If I were objective in my moderation, I would infract you. But objectively, nobody cares.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
*********** speaking, how did you dodge the censor? If I were ********* in my moderation, I would infract you. But ***********, nobody cares.
I don't know what those words are, so I'll guess.

Poetically speaking, I got the idea on how to do that after reading a Star King post.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Some people don't seem to care. I got infracted and warned enough, and almost ended up permabanned. Without getting banned once. A lot of other got more than that.

Objectively speaking, how did you dodge the censor? If I were objective in my moderation, I would infract you. But objectively, nobody cares.
P[ b]10spacebars[/ b]ig.

That's how people dodge them. There are probably other ways, but this is the one I know.
Doing that also dodges the minimum character limit.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
I don't know about you but the last time you stopped playing smash, for say a week, did you get any measurably better?
yes. because i'm not sitting there overanalyzing everything i do, overthinking ****, trying to create muscle memory, etc. muscle memory doesn't come from intense repetition without breaks; it's just like a real muscle. you have to wear it down then give it rest time.

Almost everything that I found to be worth value to my improvement and knowledge about my character and game, I either asked players far better than me, theorycrafted until I found something useful, or searched this unorganized, garbage-ridden board to the DEPTHS just to find tiny tidbits of info I did not have yet. I often feel that I am part of a VERY select group that actually prefers to get better and learn intricacies, rather than ***** and moan and whine and beg, or just post irrelevant nonsense.
oh hipstur, you're so silly.

about notebook
this is what i said about overthinking and overanalyzing. if you try to find an exact science for everything and provide a detailed description for every part of your play, you're gonna become robotic. and this explains you so perfectly; you maximize tech skill for sake of efficiency and winning matches. and after a while, someone's gonna catch on to your high-end tech skill and punish you severely for it.

i think if i were to sit down and analyze myself and my playstyles, i'd do much more harm than good.

oh, yobo used my example before i did with weights, cool

ballin4life

Smash Hero
S: pika, kirby, falcon
A: fox, mario, yoshi
B: jiggs, DK
C: metroid
D: luigi/ness, link

**** dreamland
This.

Top 3 matchups on DL/CJ.

Pika Kirby 60:40
Pika Falcon 50:50
Kirby Falcon 70:30

I could see Falcon a tier below pika/kirby despite the decent matchup against Pika.

Peach's castle makes me want to punch myself in the face.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
OMG this thread I am struggling not to laugh at the end of it. Kuz is coming to apex? Mad hype.

Pika
Kirby
Falcon/Fox
Yoshi/Mario
Jiggs/DK/Samus
Link/Ness/Luigi

Cobr itt what are you doing dude? The last real attempt at a community tier list (the one based on matchups) like it should was weighted in terms of high tier matchups FYI. Because it kept recalculating the the scores until it reached an equilibrium. This is standard stuff. Statistics and math. Math or getfoe.

Pika Kirby 55:45
Pika Falcon 45:55
Pika Fox 60:40
Kirby Falcon 65:35
Kirby Fox 60:40
Falcon Fox 50:50

Oh and also, mario sucks so hard. Just attack him and he dies.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i kinda want to put jiggs below DK because wtf why do you lose to samus (and arguably ness lolwut)

but then i remember she's not **** against pika and that samus might not be bottom tier here (lol) so yeah

i really want to agree with mario > yoshi but i honestly dont know enough about their respective matchups and things so yeah

Zenyore

Banned via Warnings
falcon > fox

also mario is a great character... (wait for it)... IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE HIM

The Star King

Smash Hero
no he doesn't clubba. coming from the guy who taught you that edgeguard.

also Yoshi is better than Mario. that is all.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
nu-uh no he doesn't

Guys you've driven this conversation way off topic, we were talking about tier lists. Mainly how yoshi > mario

The Star King

Smash Hero
nope

btw I like this chain of not backing up one's statements, takes no effort (half serious)

ninja'd by the clubbster

clubbadubba

Smash Master
its much less wordy this way. It will only take people like 30 seconds to catch up on the thread. As they read this at around 5:30 PM today they will be thanking us for being concise.

So, yoshi > mario everyone?

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I wanted to find that Battlecow post in which he just gives up discussing with the guy and replies a big "naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

Search isn't working for stuff posted before the DDoS. ):

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
DK is a certified mack. There should be a DK dittos tournament some day.

I disagree that Yoshi is better than Mario. Mario is harder to gimp, has a real throw, and one of the best projectiles.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
when mario tries to throw fireballs just smack him in the face and then he better not try that **** again

Skyfire

Smash Rookie
I put Kirby over Rat for the simple fact that it is easier to do well with Kirby than with Pika.

In the long term, a mastered rat is probably more effective, but all in all a B tier Kirby would perform better against an A player than a B tier Rat.

@cobr I actually took other stages in consideration with that list. Fox could mostly shine on Hyrule (lolpun) because of rapetent and the scale allowing him to laser more efficiently than on other maps. His punishable recovery outweighs his comboing potential and that's why I put him behind Plummer.

isnt the point of a tier list to say what order the characters would be in at a top level of play... not based upon their average performance

Top Bottom