• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hype Art

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I'm teaching myself GIMP 2 now. I think after I improve some I'll contribute. I just don't have any ideas. :|

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Well, I made my sig myself in Photoshop.

Also, my avatar is a coloured version of a stamp from 3D World, and Rosalina's Smash reveal REALLY brought her back to the front of my mind, so Smash is basically the reason I made it. So yeah.

EDIT: Also, you guys should really check this blog out. He's making little GIFS of "Super Smash Boos". Basically, he's making little Boo versions of each character.

http://peekingboo.com/tagged/ssb

Here are some examples:

Uh, y WFT got no hair?

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
[insert awesome art here]
I'll just drop this in here, looks relevant to the subject.
Ha, Neorice! I've been watching your art for a while and man you sure deliver, I just love your pixel art. Mostly saw it while browsing Neo/SmashGAF at work during breaktime (since that's the only game-related site that worked there) and always looked forward to seeing more pixel art from you. And you're a fellow Dutchy too it seems, awesome!
Keep up the good work, man!

Dairz

Smash Ace
School is finally done, so have some more Villager sprites.

Jab:

Variant:

Dash:

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Reviving this thread, here's a Samus Helmet made entirely from modular Origami (By yours truly of course!)

The entire helmet has around 1500 pieces of origami and it's painted with a combination of spray-paint and water-based paint.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Reviving this thread, here's a Samus Helmet made entirely from modular Origami (By yours truly of course!)

The entire helmet has around 1500 pieces of origami and it's painted with a combination of spray-paint and water-based paint.
...You really made this? o.0 Very impressive stuff here.

How long did it take you?

Your image is broken btw.

Last edited:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Hey guys my old computer broke and so I lost all my files so I'm gonna have to redo my whole collage. I'll probably get an updated one done by tomorrow.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
...You really made this? o.0 Very impressive stuff here.

How long did it take you?

Your image is broken btw.
There, fixed the IMG.
Thanks, made it with some friends helping me with mass Origami-folding. I did it across 2 weeks, but counting total working time, maybe about 14 or 16 hours total? The most fun part was painting, of course :D I was hysterical when it actually started to look like Samus' helmet.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
There, fixed the IMG.
Thanks, made it with some friends helping me with mass Origami-folding. I did it across 2 weeks, but counting total working time, maybe about 14 or 16 hours total? The most fun part was painting, of course :D I was hysterical when it actually started to look like Samus' helmet.
Could you wear it?

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Could you wear it?
Yup, the basic cardboard structure is modeled after my head's size, after all, although it wobbles a little bit since the design itself dictates that the helmet must be much wider than the head. Unfortunately, I don't have a huge alien-tech suit to go along with it :c

Last edited:

Ivysalt

Smash Cadet
I really enjoy the content here. I have been making some art (I suppose?) since December and occasionally posting in the "Funny Pictures" thread but I feel my stuff may be more at home here. It mostly just flirts with parodies so my apologies if it does not fit the theme to a tee. Here is a sample of a few (some of which have been posted by myself elsewhere, so my apologies for the repeats but there are some new ones at the bottom).

Did a few movie posters for a while, such as M. Night Shyamalan's: The Villager, Donkey Darko, Little Mac Sunshine, and this one, My Neighbor Dedede. Really enjoy those.

Was experimenting with combining sports logos and was pleased with a few of the results such as the New York Macs (Mets), The Lylat Star Fox (Red Sox) and this one, the Dream Land Dededees (Yankees). I would like to do a series with them eventually.

Was very happy that my second most wanted character was revealed at E3. Made this to commemorate the occasion. Perhaps we will see my third most wanted, Isaac from Golden Sun, in time, and though my most wanted defied my expectations and never showed, I still have hope.

Edit: posthumously adding new things here since I already posted elsewhere and do not want to clutter the forums.

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I really enjoy the content here. I have been making some art (I suppose?) since December and occasionally posting in the "Funny Pictures" thread but I feel my stuff may be more at home here. It mostly just flirts with parodies so my apologies if it does not fit the theme to a tee. Here is a sample of a few (some of which have been posted by myself elsewhere, so my apologies for the repeats but there are some new ones at the bottom).

Did a few movie posters for a while, such as M. Night Shyamalan's: The Villager, Donkey Darko, Little Mac Sunshine, and this one, My Neighbor Dedede. Really enjoy those.

Was experimenting with combining sports logos and was pleased with a few of the results such as the New York Macs (Mets), The Lylat Star Fox (Red Sox) and this one, the Dream Land Dededees (Yankees). I would like to do a series with them eventually.

Was very happy that my second most wanted character was revealed at E3. Made this to commemorate the occasion. Perhaps we will see my third most wanted, Isaac from Golden Sun, in time, and though my most wanted defied my expectations and never showed, I still have hope.

That hope Ridley with the Metroid pin, and Skyworld Coffee, YES! That should be a pun on the next Kid Icarus' dialogue.

T✪NY

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirenSoldier
3DS FC
0602-6384-5044
Glad to see you all aren't losing the hype just yet. I've been pretty busy but expect both of my works to be updated soon. I am working on another project that I want to get all of you guys involved in. I've been redrawing official drawing/renders of characters that have been confirmed in the game so far. I redrew them in a kind of sketchy outline so that all the pictures would kind of match even though they are from different games. I'm going to post them here and I wanna see who can make the best collage using them. I'll post 4 of them today and you guys can vote on the next 2 characters! every week I'll post two more characters on tuesday and thursday. updates on my other two hype art works: I've expanded the Mario Kart one so it's wider.. and the Assist Trophy section on the other one is complete so far. I look forward to posting them!! stay tuned guys.. okay so without further delay.. here are the 1st 4 character pics:

These 4 characters should be good enough to starts a collage with. be sure to let me know which two characters you guys want to see next week. KEEP UP THE HYPE!

T✪NY

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirenSoldier
3DS FC
0602-6384-5044

BTW THIS IS FREAKIN AWESOME!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

That's amazing. I've watched people do this kind of stuff and it blows my mind.

T✪NY

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirenSoldier
3DS FC
0602-6384-5044
example.png

I wanted to provide you guys with an example.. but I'm sure you can all come up with a better collage than this one.

@ liets liets I've counted your votes..I'm only releasing two a week so I have your tuesday vote in for villager ..and your thursday vote in for Samus

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Not entirely Smash related, but...

I made a fancy lookin' boozer today.

Picture 1.png

(yeah it's not 100% shaded and he has no bracelets or collar, but I got tired of working on it.)

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I made this a while ago and never posted it.

wario face.png

kinda fugly since it was my first time using a drawing tablet but I guess it turned out good enough to post.

He kinda looks like a Disney villain...

T✪NY

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirenSoldier
3DS FC
0602-6384-5044
Keep up the hype! I'm hoping to see some updates from you guys now that we have some new smash characters.. btw.. you know how hard it is to find a Robin sprite

okay here is Today's Character pick.. Thursday will be Samus..wait until you guys see what I have cookin for all of these drawings!!
SSBVILLAGER.png

Top Bottom