• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hype Art

T✪NY

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirenSoldier
3DS FC
0602-6384-5044
Indeed Smash bros... since the 64 days.. has been a victim of Fan and Hype Art. But how much Hype art was released for SSBWU/3DS so far? I started a few myself with kudos going to all the artists out there who have made these Sprites... all I did was ultimately collect them to make my hype art.

So with that.. What has been the Best Hype Art so far? I personally think that during Brawl's hype period AbyssWolf had the best Hype Art ( http://abysswolf.deviantart.com/ ).

Last edited:

T✪NY

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirenSoldier
3DS FC
0602-6384-5044
What is "hype art"?
Well I guess it's not really a text book term... I kind of just now made it up.. but what I mean is.. Art about a said subject..in this case Smash Bros... that you are excited for.. like uhm... making a work of art because you're so pumped about this said subject.. :urg:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Anything Abysswolf does is glorious.

:awesome:

I really hope he makes new sprites for the Smash 4 newcomers, but since he hasn't yet I dunno if he will. :/
Oh and his buddy Orkimides made this:

The rest just kinda pales in comparison imo, though there's some pretty good stuff out there.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936

T✪NY

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirenSoldier
3DS FC
0602-6384-5044
I guess my pictures above didn't Update.. I'll Re-post them below!

There we go. Has any one found any other hype art so far?

Alzi

Smash Master
Once all the characters get revealed, I will be making a wallpaper using the official art work for each character and place them all together.

It will look good.

Coming 2014...

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Ah man, I was hoping Abysswolf had a new thing going for this smash bros.

More "hype art" needs to be made, just like the OPs. Looks good.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Oh yeah, I remember Abysswolf's artwork he made during the Brawl days. That one looked awesome.

Source: http://abysswolf.deviantart.com/art/Get-Ready-to-BRAWL-Fin-57207197

If I had the time and dedication I would have made one myself but ah well. I'll be looking forward to other people's though if they plan to do so. ^_^[/qoute]
I've seen this art several times before, but I never knew the artist.
Edit: Yeah, I must have deleted something somewhere but my comment is at the end if the original post.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Gonna share some of mah' own Hype Art!
New Challengers Approaching!

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Now that you brought the subject up, OP, I've gone and poked the images to see what comes up, and have seen about 2-3 of them now. Though I'm not sure what the protocols are for sharing, several in-progress pictures that are edited for every character announced.

T✪NY

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirenSoldier
3DS FC
0602-6384-5044
Now that you brought the subject up, OP, I've gone and poked the images to see what comes up, and have seen about 2-3 of them now. Though I'm not sure what the protocols are for sharing, several in-progress pictures that are edited for every character announced.
Yes Please Post anything you find. All art work spawned by Hype of the new Smash Bros Games, From in-Progress Pictures to individual Character art! By the way I forget to Update!.. I will say though.. Had a hard time finding a :dedede: sprite for the 1st one that fit.. if anyone has a better sprite or a better suggestion as to what I should make him do please let me know.. actually that goes for all the other characters too.

However! I do like how :dedede: came out in my Super Mario Kart Hype Art. But let me know what you guys think.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
The dedede in the one on top looks fine! It doesn't blend in, sure, but he's a big and colorful character anyways.

T✪NY

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirenSoldier
3DS FC
0602-6384-5044
This guy here... http://algus-underdunk.deviantart.com/art/SSBWU-Wishlist-Color-390092843 is about the only handmade version I've seen. One of the posters above said it right, not much quality out there.
But it's still awesome. I'll post it down here for you guys. Thanks Aurora for the find. And as Aurora said it's by this person here
(( Algus Underdunk ))

The dedede in the one on top looks fine! It doesn't blend in, sure, but he's a big and colorful character anyways.
XD Okay. But if I by chance find another sprite (a better ..more fitting one) by the time a new character is released then expect to see a different Dedede. I only used that one because Friday my internet was down and by the time I got it up and running to update these pics it was already almost 11PM so he was kind of rushed.

T✪NY

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirenSoldier
3DS FC
0602-6384-5044
Man, I hope someone atleast makes a Nintendo Kart fangame. I can dream.
You never know. There has been a few Odd appearances in Mario Kart, maybe we'll see more in the future.

I can kind of understand PacMan in Mario Kart GP since it is a combined effort between Namco Bandai and Nintendo..
But R.O.B. in Mario Kart DS.. I know he is a Nintendo ..charac-..Product..?..but it was still pretty random. Next you'll see Game in Watch in Mario Kart 8

Art that evokes the emotion of hype. The elements of the piece incite the viewer to construe a sense of hype and establish a firm admiration for the work as it effectively conveys this notion.
Very well put!!

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Gonna share some of mah' own Hype Art!
New Challengers Approaching!
My word, WFT is certainly putting Chun-Li to shame here. ;)

Man, I hope someone atleast makes a Nintendo Kart fangame. I can dream.
I really hope that game Sumo Digital was hinting at is a Sega/Nintendo karting crossover, I'd lose my mind. Or at the very least a Sonic/Mario karting crossover.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Once all the characters get revealed, I will be making a wallpaper using the official art work for each character and place them all together.

It will look good.

Coming 2014...
I was going to do the same thing

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
My word, WFT is certainly putting Chun-Li to shame here. ;)
Yeah, well, couldn't help giving her healthy thighs :3 After all, she's a health-nut and excercises a lot, right?
And...oh god, I would LOSE it so much if they made a Mario/Sonic - Sega/Nintendo karting crossover with the Transformation mechanics from All-Stars Racing Transformed.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
upload_2014-1-13_14-59-6.jpeg

Found another one!
(I would have just used edit, but it told me I could only upload 1 file ): )

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
While we're posting art I may as well put in a project I have been working on.
SSB4.png

I update this whenever a new character gets announced.
Edit #1: Added Diddy Kong and moved the positions of Olimar,Rosalina,Kirby and Marth
Edit #2: Added Sheik,ZSS,Yoshi,Charizard and Greninja. Moved Kirby,Pikachu and Rosalina
Edit #3: Added Ike
Edit #4: Made the collage more horizontal and added Mii fighters,Palutena and Pac Man

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
My wallpaper I've been updating with each reveal. Nothing too fancy, but I've found the false character select layout is cleaner than just jumbling all the characters together

Attachments

dnNCEW

Smash Rookie
I drew this a couple weeks ago, not really just smash but hey hype art nonetheless
GTM.png

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This guy here... http://algus-underdunk.deviantart.com/art/SSBWU-Wishlist-Color-390092843 is about the only handmade version I've seen. One of the posters above said it right, not much quality out there.
Ah Algus... a gentleman and a scholar. This guy was pretty much the patron saint of obscure characters back in the preBrawl days. The guy's a Nintendo encyclopedia and he was easily one of the best posters on Nsider. The guy made movesets for just about every video game character under the sun and is probably one of the best posters I've ever ran into on any forum. Good to see he's still doing art.

T✪NY

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirenSoldier
3DS FC
0602-6384-5044
HAPPY LUCARIO DAY! it's that time again. Another character has been added to the roster, so I'm sure everyone has been updating their Hype Art. Please All hype art or smash 4 art is encouraged!! I really hope wolf is announced soon!.. I've been itching to add him in!!!

I changed :dedede:'s sprite in this one.

I might do some more editing on the :lucario: sprite in this one.

Top Bottom