• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How was your first day at Smashboards? Any memories?

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
I just posted and skimmed the rule to not seem like a noob. This is the first(and only) forum I've joined and had all kinds of basic forum questions. I was more of a reader, but now I post quite a lot.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I don't remember what I posted but I do remember someone telling me to stop stealing the Mic's name.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I still remember my first post: It was in the Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Thread, and I was making fun of everyone because they were saything Dark was a Special attack type (I insisted it was physical). I was wrong. I still remember Mic (128 that is, not that new rip-off Mic) correcting me.

I also made alot of really dumb threads in the debate hall, and posted in 'The OFFICIAL Super Smash Bros. Revolution Thread- Read page one before posting!!'

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I can't even remember... well I vaguely remember the time I joined here. The banner had Young Link doing his taunt, and I was also pretty immature back then.

That's all I really remember. :laugh:

And then, of course, after a few days of being her, I disappeared for a good 4 years.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I promptly made a thread on the issue in the General Brawl Discussion. It got stickied, stuff happened, my translations continued, and I've been a part of the community ever since.

hur. I remember that thread. =O

I've been trollin' these forums since late 2005 when I heard about in a Nintendo Power Magazine article back when I was 14 or so. I remember reading about wavedashing in that same article, and I thought I was the hottest beast when I was able to master it a few days later. Mid 2006, I made my first smashboards account to advertised my first tournament. It went well, and I got by bum handed to me. I was sorta ridiculed for the first few weeks so I left smashboards for a few months. Everything was cool again, and decided to post again. I ended up forgetting my password for my smashboards account so I made this one. :3

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I joined back in '02, referred here by Fantasia. He told me that the Artwork Emporium was a great place to learn photoshop, and to take notes from good artists, like ThunderMistress and Fierce Deity Vegeta-- who nowadays run the place. Hahaha.

Anyway, I made my first post here in the PRoom: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=22772 As you can see, I had a bad ellipsis problem.

That same day, I made the first successfull "Whats ur favorite music" thread of SWF! http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=22775 Its a fun list to read through-- most of the red names in this thread were nobodies back then.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I was excited about Brawl, and had so much ideas about what might be in it, sadly none of my friends shared my excitement as much as I did.

After finding this place and reading it for a few days, I just made an account I think. Ah, memories.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
It was just after E3 06 when I saw the trailer and got exited. I was examining the internet for Brawl information and wandered into SWF through Wikipedia (it had Smashboards as an external link).

My first post was in 'CunningKitsune's Complete Guide to Fox McCloud'
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=1941003&postcount=315

I was a pretty quiet new member, spent a lot more time reading than posting, took me a week to post for the first time after joining.

nakedsnake

Smash Journeyman
actually This is my second account. during my first i was a total d*** I made a offer thread in the general brawl room because I wanted attention then I made this resuration one in their to which I thought was cool. Anyways I got banned for like a week but like during the 5 day I was like S*** this I making a new account. But the only thing I don't get is way my sexiest character thread got locked.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
i came here because i was banned rom gamefaqs for no particular reason. when i wasnt wining, i thought it was time to get help, my brother would never tell me his secret, he just says its only instincts. ive been told here a numerous times to learn to wavedash(ME:WHAA?). aftr that i started getting furustrated that i wanted answers to figure a way to beat him, thats when i started spamming the same threads(remembar?) still he beats me, but i have fun with it somehow- oh! did i go off topic?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
1) Go to Advanced Search
2) Set it to search for posts by your own username, in all forums in ascending order by date.

You will be displayed with your very first posts on smashboards.
I looked up Ken's very first posts in TG4, and the Elite 5 vs. SoCal thread.
Pretty cool to read.

My first posts were TERRIBLE =_=

PCHU

Smash Lord
....Wow.
Just seeing the legendary things that took place here is awesome.

My first topic was rather successful, and it wasn't closed!
It was before Brawl was out, and I was so nervous about posting.
It was about low tiers on Melee (Of course) and how they might have hidden potential, as in powerful tactics that could change their place.
I was then and still am a Pichu supporter (I don't use him much, though).

Later on, I remember the "Tiers: If Smash characters were true to Their Games..." thread.
I was enraged at the fact that Samus and Sonic were dominating to where I made so many arguments and counterarguments that I was creating around 25 wall of texts a day (Summer break FTW!)
I was called the Pokemon Expert, and even though others presented amazing lists of possible moves, I was the one who supported Mewtwo for the longest, and listed on how effective his moves truly were.
I also recall talking about how Sonic couldn't possibly move at lightspeed, since one miscalculation and he's on the moon, or past in mere seconds.
And by the time he realizes that, he's somewhere so far away to where he could not possibly see his opponent.
My arguments were so good, but they couldn't comprehend the fact that their character was beaten.
Afterwards.....
I proceeded to post in the other boards.
I got yelled at in the Marth boards for calling his counter useful.
Ironically, that's when the discussion of that thread stopped.
After a whole bunch of posts in the Falco boards I went back.
Lucas was the best, and I was content.

Sorry if I posted too much about that......

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
1) Go to Advanced Search
2) Set it to search for posts by your own username, in all forums in ascending order by date.

Pretty cool to read.

My first posts were TERRIBLE =_=
My 1st post was about Ike and how he seemed to be different then a marth clone.

-:bowser:Bowser King

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
I'm pretty quiet actually but I try to comment when I feel comfortable about my answer.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Well, my first day on Smashboards was... kinda confusing. I didn't have Wifi then, so I didn't have much to do except lurk. Even now, I can't say anything's changed since that first day.

Congrats to everyone with their successful first topics and all... mine probably won't happen before I reach my grave.

And on a side note... I'm sorry if I sound trollish to anyone. I'm just really mentally messed up right now, and I just can't my life on track. Although, I'm kinda sorry I'm getting personal about everything. Even my first blog got slammed because I just... let my guard down. I just can't bring myself to be an insensitive jerk. ;_;

Marth Xero

Smash Cadet
I lurked, posted once in the gnw board, lurked and then left.
I was overwhelemd by everything. I still am, but I understand a whole lot more...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Pretty cool to read.

heh, I remember when I first learned about Ken, back then I didn't know who Ken was, I was such a scrub.
:urg:

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I stumbled upon this sight after getting creamed by another noob in a roll around, forward smash battle. I was an utter scrub. Googled "Fox vs. Falco," and found SWF. I also checked out A LOT of videos on Youtube. Came back and faced that noob 4 months later, and DESTROYED him. My first day, I started a thread in Melee discussion which even became "hot." I got wrecked by some of the older posters who counseled me about DI. The early days were about knowing my place, and listening to the more experienced competitive players.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I was very n00bish, but now I'm alright. It wasn't very good :( at first I wasn't very active, now I'm fairly active, I started being fully active ever since I went to the US.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
well on this account i just posted for a while and tryed to get a sig.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Hoo, heh-heh... Let's see. Um... I lurked around this place for maybe a few weeks to scope out how nice people were. I was impressed until I came to a few... Cases...

My first post was all intelligent and stuff, coming from someone who would probably twice the age of me, ha. It was, err... In a... RIDLEY thread, and... Um... Well, I started posting things like "Stop it with the spam" that they are/were infamous for, all high-and-mighty and stuff... Eh-heh-heh. ^^;

But what do you expect; it was my first forum experience.

CompassTosser

Smash Apprentice
Never introduced myself...Never even knew you could until a month had passed. I felt nervous though just because I would sound like a noob if I bothered posting. Never knew what anything meant until I read the glossary.

D

Deleted member

I found out sbout SWF when I found the Smash Blog
Now called Smash News
. Wanting to post my own comments on the DOJO!! updates, I created my account.

I posted this thread on my first day of SWF. :urg:

Nearly a year later, here we are, me being one of the most respected posters on SWF.

If those last ten words were true, monkeys would be be flying outside my window.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I was a n00b back then. My first topic was okay, but then I made some posts after that which made me ashamed of myself to look back at them.

I suddenly started to love Smash games more and more during the year of 2006. I searched "Smash Bros." on the internet to see if there was any news on the series. To my surprise, there was. Brawl was in the making. After watching the trailer, I decided to go here (don't remember how I found out about SWF) and make an account.

Little did I realize back then that I had FINALLY found the most awesome community on the internet and a place where I would two years later make a great group of friends that have helped me to forget about my problems in the real world. I love you guys. :)

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I just lurked around a lot for several years starting with when I began playing Melee competitively. I just recently decided to become more active on the boards. Fairly good memories so far =)

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I was actually on a different account. Apparently, I was a little too open in the public.

Final Keyblade

Smash Rookie
It is still my first day here, but I like the layout of the forums. I got some good critique on some GFX art that I posted. Good day so far.:bee:

Top Bottom