• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How was your first day at Smashboards? Any memories?

CompassTosser

Smash Apprentice
At least you know hot to find your way around. This was the first forum I signed up for. I only thought Brawl Tactical Discussion, General Brawl Discussion, and Character Discussions existed on my first day.

Wizards Bane

Smash Rookie
I remember going to the arizona thread and realising i'm only ever going to play brawl online because they hate brawl and would maul me if I brought it...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I honestly can not remember that far back >_>.

I probably posted something in the regional threads, but I'm not positive.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Let's see...I think my first post was answering someone's question about what sets off the crowd in Melee (being above 100%) and getting a reputation boost from someone for making a non-nooby first post. Of course, I had lurked for a couple of months before that, which is why I knew the answer to the question.

Speaking of the reputation system, I miss it ;_;

~rh

Smash Lord
I registered at school. I was bored in Engineering class and I wanted to see some Marth videos :laugh:

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
this was the first forms i'd been to so yea i got some memories. if you look up KiLlAmArTh72 you will see some of my first & most embarrassing post. ill post theme here when i get laptop access.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
I remember going to the tournament section and posting a thread "HI TEFLON!!!"(a dude i knew hosting tournaments) and then wondering why they had closed it. good times.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't quite remember my first day. D:

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
I think I tried to post an image. And it worked. So it was a good experience. A day later or two, I rickrolled someone. Pretty awesome. Wow, I'm a show-off.

Roihu

Smash Ace
I joined as I am now.
Except maybe Smashboards turned me a bit more sarcastic.

Nintendood

Smash Cadet
first day at smashboards, i totally got pwned. i asked a stupid question and got ***** by angry posters.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It happens, at least it wasn't a dull day. ;3 Yeah, sometime people can be *******s to newcomers, don't know why. Maybe its like hazing.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i registered here on christmas day just past 12:00 am in 2002

i didn't realize it back then

but it was a pretty cool christmas present

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It was interesting, I think it may have marked the begging of the character wars way back in the day when Brawl's characters hadn't been announced. I was all for Geno and King Dedede...though people were already agitating it long before I got there.

I have my first post listed in my signature!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm really curious as to what my first post is now.

Is there an archive that I can search or something? >_>.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Muhahaha,

Hm....Never posted on these boards before but I read all of them....anyway..yeah I'm going to this tourny...should be interesting..I just want to play ken lol.....
Go to advanced search.

Enter the user name, find posts by the user.

Search in all open forums.

Find posts from any date and older.

Last posting date in ascending order.

And show results as posts.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
My first post oh god......the shame of it all.

I had been playing the game since release.The problem was I had no idea a serious melee scene existed globally.So when me and my friends got really good with ITEMS,(seriously were **** good with items thats no lie.)I thought in all my foolishness that beacause I was soooo much better than them(I would have like 6 lives left in a 4 way items 10 stock)that I must be up there with the best there is........then I got the Internet........then I found Smashboards.

SWF was actually the 1st proper website I ever went on believe it or not.I made and exteremly arrogant 1st post saying how I could take anyone in the world because id figured out loads of crazy stuff to to in items matches.

Then the videos came flooding in....Solider of fortune and kazu nu kizzu I think.....that changed everything for me.

I never even thought turning off items could make the game any better.(It was already perfect in my eyes anyway)

Now here I am in Ireland brawling as many people online as I can till I get sick at brawl,im getting there.

So been playing/learning competitive smash in Ireland in melee since Feb 2006.
Playing/learning competitive brawl in Ireland vs mainly USA for 2 weeks.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
My first day wasn't very eventful. I think it involved replying to some post regarding Krystal hentai? =3

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
I still remember "smash n00b" right under my name. I'm glad it didn't stay there for that long.

Frown

poekmon
I had been reading on these boards since August 2007, but in November, i started an account.

My first post ever was in the Bowser section where I left the comment "That's one pimp Bowser" upon the sight of the shiny shell Bowser. If I remember right, I got insantly flamed by some Bowser mainer. >_<

And after that, I started forum gaming.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I joined this place before Youtube existed, so I wasn't able to watch any videos. I had to learn to WD by looking at gifs (lol) or reading words. Once Youtube and Google Video came into vogue, I was able to learn much quicker.

EDIT: It would appear that Youtube was founded in February 2005, so it existed when I joined, but nobody used it. They used DC++, if I'm remembering right.

EDIT 2: I just tried to find my first post, and it only goes back to 2007 with a post in the Geno thread.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
This is how you find your first post...

Muhahaha,

Go to advanced search.

Enter the user name, find posts by the user.

Search in all open forums.

Find posts from any date and older.

Last posting date in ascending order.

And show results as posts.
Did you do this?

Top Bottom