• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
I shoulda made it out of pools...but got double eliminated by Wenbobular, who also took out Amsa. Shouldn't have had to lose to the same guy twice ;_;.

Everyone else in my pool was pretty free, and I think I could have taken Amsa if I had my chance. Spider Sense's Ganon really took me by surprise. Completely dominated me in drunk friendlies.

Eikelmann is coming up quick guys, watch out for him. I'm thinking about coming out of retirement and actively playing again. I had too much fun at CEO. Only reason i went, by the way, was because I was invited on the Game Guys Limo with the VIPs. Can't miss out on something like that.

ACCCEEE, sorry for not recognizing you! I was drunk when I met you at Pound and didn't remember when we chilled until I started drinking again, lol. Conditional memory XD. I can't stop laughing about that Plup Fiction joke you made, haha.

Did Linguini not make it out of pools? It's a shame he got the same pool as Mojo, considering that because of me, he's well trained against Ganon. It was a 3-0...I've never seen a Ganon do much to that guy's Falcon.

Last edited:

Clocked

Smash Apprentice
Hey, is anyone else confirmed for Zenith this year? It seems pretty great, hope to see some of you around.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Well, tried to play a lot of Falcon today. Got a bit frustrated. Went to cookout. Ate good food. Came back. Played more Falcon. Played a lot better. Then played Ganon. Oh my goodness. It seems like I learned more at CEO that I thought.

Also Mewtwo vs. fast fallers is really fun, and Pichu is really fun too when you don't die so early :(

I actually still kinda suck with Doc.

Link and Young Link are fun to play as vs. Marth. Would consider playing as them in tournament (maybe. but I doubt it lol)

I mean I like Falcon... but my Ganon guys. Everytime I play him just do better each time.

What is wrong with me lol.

Coastward

Smash Lord
confirmed for zenith unless i magically fall ill with a death disease.

also, played with some of the best players in my region today at a super chill smashfest. kept taking the best falcon to 1 stock. I'M FINALLY LEVELING UP, WATCHING VIDEOS ALL NIGHT AND SPENDING COUNTLESS HOURS PRACTICING MOVEMENT AND TECH HAS SOMEWHAT PAID OFF.

shield drops, DI, SDI and edgeguarding need practice. time to get cracking.

MosthatedinNC

Dorsey
Every time I try to watch a video of yours I get put off majorly by the commentary.
Yeah, lol. I even remember that commentary from whenever I watched it. I wish I could've been at that tourney haha

Also, good **** to all ganons at CEO.. and wenbo for that matter for beating aMsa.

So, excluding Linguini and RockCrock who seemingly aren't playing as competitive as they once were, who do y'all think is the next best ganon to Kage?

Spider_Sense, Bizarro Flame, Eikelmann?

Also.. where the hell is Zane?!(G.Vice).. haven't heard from ya in awhile bro

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
Yeah, lol. I even remember that commentary from whenever I watched it. I wish I could've been at that tourney haha

Also, good **** to all ganons at CEO.. and wenbo for that matter for beating aMsa.

So, excluding Linguini and RockCrock who seemingly aren't playing as competitive as they once were, who do y'all think is the next best ganon to Kage?

Spider_Sense, Bizarro Flame, Eikelmann?

Also.. where the hell is Zane?!(G.Vice).. haven't heard from ya in awhile bro
omg g.vice where art thou godlikeness.

also, i dont think kage is the best anymore. imo eikelmann is looking like the best only because he's been actually going to tournaments. i'd definitely like to see them duke it out for the championship belt. spidersense and bizz are top contenders though.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I feel like Eikelmann is definitely playing the right way and amking the right decisions with the right amount of tech skill... just not quite... there yet. It may be because he plays 3 characters and that Bowser is his "main", but I don't know if that's what's holding him back or not. He's got more potential than most of us though.

I feel like Bizzaroflame is just playing to have more fun than he is to win. In that set vs. Strain, for the first two games, he was trying to style unnecessarily on Strain, but then just comes around and 2-stock him in game 3? It's weird, I mean, his tech skill is really good, I think he just goofs off a little too much sometimes. But he's definitely beaten the likes of Fly Amanita, MacD, S2J, and other SoCal bosses before, so he's definitely on some good level.

Kage doesn't go to enough tournaments. I think that's the problem with a lot of Ganons, is that they aren't going to enough tournaments to keep them in that tournament mode. At least Eikelmann is in Florida where there's a lot of good players to play all the time and tournaments are abound.

Renth

Smash Hero
-Kage - Still highest consistent tournament placings out of all of us playing less or not
-Lingini - (Retired) Still, if he were active and had the same consistency as before. He'd be higher than us as he is the ONLY Ganondorf that seems to be able to take games off of Dr. PP, DaShizWiz, and so on.
-Bizzaro - Has a lot of stiff competition in the #1 ranked region in America, has beaten high level players there and is consistent.
-RockCrock - (Semi-Retired) To my knowledge barely practices, mostly plays PM and rarely goes to events.
-Spider_Sense/Eikelmann - Both high level Ganondorf mains, Spider_Sense if he traveled more I believe would be higher than RockCrock but he only ever gets local South Florida experience. Eikelmann, is flourishing into a next level slowly rising above all of us, at the rate he is going I'd say in about half a year he'll be the top ranked.
-Myself. I still feel I like I have a lot to offer to the Ganondorf community but due to me never going to events and being grossly inconsistent I would put myself on the lower end of the totem pole.

^ In That Order.

MosthatedinNC

Dorsey
Haha there's a reason why those were the 3 ganons I mentioned, our opinions seem to vary among them. I don't think bizarro is on kage's level like some put him to be. Shout-outs to bizarro, you're good bro.

A lot of it is MU.... which of those 3 ganons I mentioned are best against spacies? etc.?

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Pretty sure Linguini wrecked spacies like no tomorrow. He immediately comes to mind when I think about good Ganon vs. Spacies.

I don't know about Bizzaro or Kage or the others really.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
i'm not at kage's level yet, but i'm getting there.

also i have darkrain and a ganondorf traitor (mundungu) in my pool this year. i'm making it out this year for sure.

something i've noticed is that none of my three characters really have a person out there making waves anymore. i plan on stepping up and upholding the legacies of gimpyfish, bum, and linguini because i feel that those players were at one point, the peak of the metagame for each of my characters.

but it's so hard trying to compete with what linguini used to be. what a ************.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Nice playlist Coast.

Good insight into what you think, Ian.

Also, shoutouts to One Year of Ganon for me as of today. Going Mew2King status on everything Ganon. Gonna learn Ganon's best punish game. Full grind mode has been engaged.

VegiLohrd

Smash Apprentice
So let me just preface this with I'm sorry I have abandoned the way of the dark lord. I just wasn't having as much fun with him as I wanted to. Maybe this just means I'm a pretender. But as much fun as I having playing mario, I do seriously envy the ganondorf community. You guys actually EXIST as opposed to the plumbers....

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I still think I'm better than Bizz, you guys just don't know. I'm probably the next best Ganon when is comes to spacies/Marth. As far as Ganon dittos, I've beaten everyone in FL (except Guini cause he's retired) You guys should really give me more credit. <_< Falcon/Puff are still hard match ups but I do better than most. Just saying.

Coastward

Smash Lord
is it now time for an official ganondorf PR?

if only we could all be at the same tournament and settle the score with a round robin.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Fu** a Ganon PR. Sh** would be so dumb. there's only about 5 people that even have a loose idea of what that list should look like and it still doesn't matter. half of the good ganons haven't been really active in several months. And beating SPACIES is what matters. That is who you will see in tournament sets, and the # of spacies (percentage wise) is growing I'm almost certain. seriously we are talking about a Ganon ranking when none of us made it out of pools at ceo? lmao. my 2 cents.

BTW jason you literally just need to travel more and nothing else.

Linguini

Smash Master
IMO a ganon pr is pointless seeing as no ganon is placing (significantly) high.

That being said I think the two ganons showing the most skill right now vs spacies are loki and and spidersense

you just gotta travel more griceson

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

our annual "best ganondorf" discussion, huh? this is maybe the most pointless discussion we could have as a group tbh. it accomplishes nothing and it's ultimately just us swimming in a pool of vanity. we should discuss other things.

chaingrab mixups. let's talk about that. i've really been working on dthrow --> uthrow mixups vs falcon and it works pretty well for me vs gravy, wizzrobe, and gahtzu. just a matter of knowing when they're going to DI a certain way.

fixed my laptop btw. i'm back for good now.

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

still having so much trouble with falco, once i started camping platforms i started winning a bit more.
most ganondorfs make the matchup unnecessarily hard by not getting in falco's face. you can platform camp, but if you're not contesting for control of the stage by ****ing with him then you're going to have a much harder time taking stocks. ganondorf is a meat mountain, act like it.

Coastward

Smash Lord
any tips on getting out of the habit of always shielding?

(i've actually thought about removing the shoulder buttons on one of my other controllers.)

Top Bottom