• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

warlock-don-mia24

Smash Journeyman
i had to start swicthing up characters two cuz my ganon wass getting ***** lolol. But as i started to swicth it up everybody seen alot of improvement in my ganon. (I know im like one of the two best ganon in michigan) either ME or Kail dk now i heard he has'nt been playing ganon so i guess u can say its me lol

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
kage, you should foxtrot with ganon some. it's hilarious, and it spaces really weird. the acceleration you get from the next initial dash does funny things with his hurtbox i think.

it works REALLY well with falcon though.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Well you can keep thinking he's a bad character if you want... that's what we have as Ganon mains, everyone keeps underestimating us lol. Even in 2012, that seems to be the case.
It will always be the case. Ganon sucks lol. But if people make enough mistakes Ganon can ****.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Then you would not take me to YS. =)
The best defense is a good offence.

On a tech skill related note, I'm starting to get pretty good at edge cancelling. Soon I'll be able to pull off sick double aerial stuff using the low platforms on FoD

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Kage are you ever going to come out with an official combo video? You'd be better off saving those "highlights" that you're always uploading, and using the best of them to make a combo video. It'd be a good reference material, not to mention something for all the Ganon mains to look forward to. I'm somewhat kinda recording for Devour 3, but it's gonna be a while cause I'm gonna be pretty picky.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage are you ever going to come out with an official combo video? You'd be better off saving those "highlights" that you're always uploading, and using the best of them to make a combo video. It'd be a good reference material, not to mention something for all the Ganon mains to look forward to. I'm somewhat kinda recording for Devour 3, but it's gonna be a while cause I'm gonna be pretty picky.
It's true that not many has viewed those highlights.. mmm... I'm not sure if I should though, I'm already pretty satisfied just looking at them. lol. What do you mean by something Ganon mains to look forward to?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Uhh, a kage combo video? Lol.

Good **** Zane, glad you're being picky.
I try to be more picky in my combo videos than just throwing in any old tech-chased 0-death and double jump stomp combos into fairs. But I'm being even more picky than in the first two, considerably even.

Kage, Ganon mains enjoy seeing players that are really good with Ganon play ganon. Combo videos are really hype and are extremely enjoyable, and seeing as how Ganon has a shortage of combo videos, one of the top ganon mains such as yourself popping one off would be something for us to be pretty hype about. Although you have a more efficient, basic, straight up good style instead of an extremely fast/fun to watch Ganon.

No offense, you're too good, but it seems to be the case. It's probably why you're one of the best.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm working on being extra fast and working on my edgeguards since I believe those 2 are my biggest weaknesses atm. I really hope I can bring everything together and when I do then it'll give awesome inspiration for everyone. =P

Well, I suppose I could work on a combo video but I would need to play more at Fizzi's place most likely and have different opponents/characters to do combos on.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I find Kage's playstyle more fun to watch than the technical fun to watch playstyles. Does that mean there's something wrong with my Ganon's idea of fun?

Palpi

Smash Hero
I try to be more picky in my combo videos than just throwing in any old tech-chased 0-death and double jump stomp combos into fairs. But I'm being even more picky than in the first two, considerably even.

Kage, Ganon mains enjoy seeing players that are really good with Ganon play ganon. Combo videos are really hype and are extremely enjoyable, and seeing as how Ganon has a shortage of combo videos, one of the top ganon mains such as yourself popping one off would be something for us to be pretty hype about. Although you have a more efficient, basic, straight up good style instead of an extremely fast/fun to watch Ganon.

No offense, you're too good, but it seems to be the case. It's probably why you're one of the best.
you should put in like 10 minutes of reverse uair edgeguards with some dubstep and ****ty hip hop over it.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol I think it would be hilarious, just not up to Zane's standards.

Devour (the original) is still my favorite combo vid of all time.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Lol I think it would be hilarious, just not up to Zane's standards.

Devour (the original) is still my favorite combo vid of all time.
Is it the song that you like so much? Because the footage to me just isn't that good, especially compared to the stuff I get now. I will admit, Rob Zombie goes reallllllly well with Ganon.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Is it the song that you like so much? Because the footage to me just isn't that good, especially compared to the stuff I get now. I will admit, Rob Zombie goes reallllllly well with Ganon.
Believe it our not, its all ****. The ending is perfect, the Ganon celebration animation is timed perfectly and the RIP NES n00b part is awesome. And yes I love metal and the song was more than fitting. Devour epitomized all killer no filler imo.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I actually liked Devour 2 better, but the music in the original was better in my opinion. Go figure. Also, G Vice: that wizard foot edge guard you use to stop a spacie side-b recovery is too awesome, I must use it:awesome:

kage: since when is edge guarding your weakness?!?!?!?! I always figured the 2 biggest fears an opponent had vs. you were getting tech chased and getting off stage. Man, I'd love to see it at its best then haha.

side note: if a falcon (possibly others) is predicting your ledge game too easily (and is spacing properly), throw in a RLD to fair. Cant stress enough how awesome and effective it is.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well the goal is to get it 100% of the time, of course it is possible because at that level if you miss one edgeguard that just means you will let your opponent get another chance to hit you which you absolutely don't want. Ganon can't cover as much off-stage but I mean with proper confidence it shouldn't be as bad, I just have to stop being scared.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I don't think you want to get too aggressive on edgeguards. Taking time to analyse the options instead of rushing out for a quick edgeguard is probably the most efficient way of doing it.

Definitely want to see a combo video though Kage.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Yeah, but Kage misses a lot of edgeguard opportunities that someone his level should be able to make. I hadn't thought about it until he brought it up, but it's definitely an area he can improve in.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Question: How in the hell can you wavedash after a ledgehop with Ganon? Whenever I try to ledgehop, his fat *** barely makes it back on the stage; his double jump animation like rolls over the edge and he stands up right after. I REALLY need to be able to wavedash out of a ledgehop for grabs.

What I'm doing right now is backing off the ledge with the control stick, then immediately jamming it towards the ledge and jumping at the same time. Is there a better way to do it that I'm not aware of? I have tried backing off with the C-stick too but I haven't had much better results.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I use the cstick to ledge hop, but I know most people don't. Which way you do it shouldn't matter, though. You need to hit L/R right as your character gets over the ledge, before he lands. It'll take some practice, and you'll suicide a lot, but you'll get the hang of it.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I had a debate about this with tipman once. He always used c-stick to prevent any chance of a fastfall. I use down, and hit X as I roll the control stick to forward (haduken! lol). I'm hitting X frame perfect after the drop so there is no fastfall. If you are late one frame on the jump, everything else has to be perfect (must be on stage far enough before you land, must hit R at the perfect time). You need to be holding forward as soon as you jump, especially for RLD. Practice it until its muscle memory. I essentially never miss a ledgedash so I don't see a problem with using down to drop.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
using back on the cstick is also an option, sort of a dash dance motion. Not sure if the backflip jump can mess things up tho, but you can just jump when you're not still pressing back.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Question: How in the hell can you wavedash after a ledgehop with Ganon? Whenever I try to ledgehop, his fat *** barely makes it back on the stage; his double jump animation like rolls over the edge and he stands up right after. I REALLY need to be able to wavedash out of a ledgehop for grabs.

What I'm doing right now is backing off the ledge with the control stick, then immediately jamming it towards the ledge and jumping at the same time. Is there a better way to do it that I'm not aware of? I have tried backing off with the C-stick too but I haven't had much better results.
I typically just barely hit away on the control stick (so no fast fall) and then slam it toward the stage while pressing x/y to jump and as soon as you reach the peak of your jump press r or l. The first couple times you do it, you WILL suicide. Just practice and it becomes second nature.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
using back on the cstick is also an option, sort of a dash dance motion. Not sure if the backflip jump can mess things up tho, but you can just jump when you're not still pressing back.
That is an option, but that is a neutral drop. The backflip WILL make it impossible to ledgedash, however, this is fine as long as you have hit forward before/exactly when you jump (to get the neutral/forward flip dj animation). This is actually what Tipman did.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
^ I like you already :D

i totally forgot about smash this weekend tho sorry :( I was busy working and when I was off i was trying to fix my desktop. I think i've resigned it to the graveyard :c

Top Bottom