• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I still SD myself when I try RLD in between stocks because im not really comfortable to do it yet, you really have to be fast and tight I'm not confident at all to use it correctly lol. Anyways I found the joys to do ledgehop uair vs spacies, it covers pretty well no matter if they try to go on stage or the ledge it still hits them if you do it correctly. I guess it depends on how far they are off-stage too to use it.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Moonwalk isn't hard. But it is just one of those things that either you can do or you can't.

Personally? I can't wall jump...yeah it's ******** but I don't even try to do that stuff below the ledge. I can only do it like on the mountain on pokemon stadium. If I'm CF trying to recover? I can't mix that wall jump into my recovery :(

Also ACE, Imma include a special section in Devour 3 just for you with RLD gimps and finishes.
nice zane. You should include an ACE guard for me (tipmain spike on a spacie to immediate dropzone dair). If it's Fox and he meteor cancels, DJ dair again... so ****

Manondorf

Smash Cadet
Moonwalking. Thats the one tech trick i just cant do, no matter how much i practice. Man, i cant even do it in training mode in 1/4 speed lmao. But luckily for me, only tipman has found a potential use for it, and it didn't actually work, so i dont know if its even worth practicing besides for flashiness. But, like ace said, that **** looks mad sweet haha.

Ok guys, its official. Im gonna work on every single RLD mix up today for a good half hour or so and post results.

...and if anybody has any advice on how to moonwalk, id appreciate it haha as much as i deny its usability, id still like to learn how to do it
There are a few ways I know how to start a moonwalk. I'm not very good at doing it and even I can pull it off with these:

WD to moonwalk.
DJ waveland to moonwalk.
platform dash to moonwalk.

Basically the easiest way to start a moonwalk is to do something that gives you a lot of momentum and then mash in the opposite direction. So, for example if you use the DJ waveland, just waveland as normal, but in the middle of the waveland you have to let the stick go to neutral and then mash the other direction. If you can do it like that, technically, you can moonwalk, haha.

I think it's useful for mindgames and spacing. You can change up the distance on your wavelands like that, or do a fake approach.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
There are a few ways I know how to start a moonwalk. I'm not very good at doing it and even I can pull it off with these:

WD to moonwalk.
DJ waveland to moonwalk.
platform dash to moonwalk.

Basically the easiest way to start a moonwalk is to do something that gives you a lot of momentum and then mash in the opposite direction. So, for example if you use the DJ waveland, just waveland as normal, but in the middle of the waveland you have to let the stick go to neutral and then mash the other direction. If you can do it like that, technically, you can moonwalk, haha.

I think it's useful for mindgames and spacing. You can change up the distance on your wavelands like that, or do a fake approach.
but aren't you supposed to avoid the neutral position? hang on, im gonna try it right now.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Also: to everyone reading this, since we have been discussing ganon's RLD options to further improve the metagame, I am going to take it upon myself to make a video of all of the RLD options I can think of, whether useful or not.

WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE THAT DONE?

Ace, kage, chris, g vice, sveet, anyone really... do you think it would be worth my time to actually capture some of the RLD options?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Manondorf is high or something lol, you start the dash animation, but instead of holding forward and giving your dash forward momentum, you go to backwards to give it backwards momentum, which has to be done VERY quickly. If you go through the neutral position you will dash dance, so you must go below it. You don't have to go to the farthest downward spot, just "low enough". You'll figure out what "low enough" means with practice. I'd advise trying to get as close to the neutral position as possible without actually being there to save time (faster you get from forward to backwards, the farther and sexier the moonwalk).

Yeah turtle that could help a lot of people that are new to ganon. I'm sure it would even give some of the better players some ideas. I think it's a good idea if you're bored enough haha

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Also: to everyone reading this, since we have been discussing ganon's RLD options to further improve the metagame, I am going to take it upon myself to make a video of all of the RLD options I can think of, whether useful or not.

Ace, kage, chris, g vice, sveet, anyone really... do you think it would be worth my time to actually capture some of the RLD options?
I'd like to see it. I can't believe you forgot my name.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

I feel so cool to be included in this list

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Lmao raph i didnt forget about you. Just too lazy to add you, eikelmann, geenareno, etc.

And alright, if people would like to see it done, then it will be done. Expect it by maybe the weekend or something.

Also at ace: is it possible to RLD bair uair DJ up-b and make it back?

I know its possible to RLD bair DJ uair up-b and make it back, but i always suicide the other way.

:phone:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yeah you cant do 2 aerials when falling without jumping between. you'd be hard pressed to live if you WD'd off a platform to start.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Nahhh, only double aerials you can do and make it back are uair to uair and bair to uair.

edit: and of course i mean a DJ in between. works just like dropzone uair to dj uair, you can make it back.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
ganon's dj actually sucks in terms of height, but it resets the acceleration while your 2nd attack is going on giving you time to upb after. Characters have 2 max falling speeds (one for fast falling and one for non) and 2 different accelerations to that max falling speed. Like real life, your character accelerates towards that max fall speed gradually. That is the reason why aerial aerial jump dies while aerial jump aerial lives.

fun fact: young link has the same max fall speed whether he fast falls or not. The only difference is the rate he accelerates to it.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
nice zane. You should include an ACE guard for me (tipmain spike on a spacie to immediate dropzone dair). If it's Fox and he meteor cancels, DJ dair again... so ****
Isn't there something similar to that in Devour 1?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Alright guys, just finished every possible mix up you can do with the RLD. I even have a surprise at the end that we didn't discuss (although probably useless, it's still pretty awesome).

As a warning: the video will be of poor quality because:
1) I am using an easycap that does not record sound
2) I have never edited, made, or uploaded a video to youtube. A friend uploaded one of me once, but I am totally ignorant of it lol
3) I am far too lazy to put any real time into it lol after all, its really just an experimental thing as it is

Whew. Anyway, I miiiiiight be able to have it by tonight, but if not, then within the next couple of days.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
All right, all finished!

Now you an all see how I procrastinated tonight. Now, to write my paper...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tACrsGqDbcM&feature=youtu.be

^ I really hope to see some of these used in the near future.
Also, the quality is sh*t. Unadulterated sh*t. But it doesn't matter, you can still tell what's going on (what can you ask for, I put it together in about an hour). Enjoy

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Isn't there something similar to that in Devour 1?
that's vs a falcon, and you sh ff dair him offstage afterward. I mean tipman spike on falco, or fox, and immediately run off and dair... **** is tight.

That was a good vid turtle. I'd say more but I have to leave for work like right now lol

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Hahaha, that one is easily my favorite. I think you have to be frame perfect tho, unlike all of the other RLD techs.

Mark my words tho, i will end up using that tech, whether its useful or not.

Also, thanks for all the positive feedback guys! made the work worth it to see the metagame progress.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
As cool as the WF one was, I honestly can't see a good use for it. Any time it's useful, a Fair would be easier, and about as good.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
As cool as the WF one was, I honestly can't see a good use for it. Any time it's useful, a Fair would be easier, and about as good.
You're almost absolutely correct. I can really only think of one instance in which the WF spike would be useful and it's when ganon or falcon is trying to recover slightly higher, like where you start the kick, and you hit them with the bottom of the hitbox (sends them the other way). Again, this is highly situational and I only uploaded it because I was trying to do every single (simple) attack I could think of from a RLD to further the metagame. Although thanks for the input haha, the point of the vid was to get a discussion going after all.

Manondorf

Smash Cadet
Manondorf is high or something lol, you start the dash animation, but instead of holding forward and giving your dash forward momentum, you go to backwards to give it backwards momentum, which has to be done VERY quickly. If you go through the neutral position you will dash dance, so you must go below it. You don't have to go to the farthest downward spot, just "low enough". You'll figure out what "low enough" means with practice. I'd advise trying to get as close to the neutral position as possible without actually being there to save time (faster you get from forward to backwards, the farther and sexier the moonwalk).

Yeah turtle that could help a lot of people that are new to ganon. I'm sure it would even give some of the better players some ideas. I think it's a good idea if you're bored enough haha
Eh, it's works for me. But I can't do it from standing position like that. I could have been high. I'm high a lot. But I swear I can get it to work like that. I pretty much let go of the stick completely, then mash the opposite direction. I end up LD moonwalking all the time by accident, lol.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I really want to go now. It's a couple days before University starts, though, and since this is my freshman year I don't know if I'll be able to miss it.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Aww man, raphael, you too?! I would love it if you guys came. Although I understand if you got school johns, im in my freshman year too at the moment (you'll love it) so it's all good.

If any of you ganons decide to come, housing will most certainly be available.
KAGE, I'M TALKING TO YOU.

Lol you and linguini inspired me to choose ganon as my main, so I'd love to have you over and teach me truly "how to wreck *****es with Ganon." because I kinda suck now minus some tech skill that I can't seem to use when it counts and I'd like for that to change.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
That depends. How are you getting here? If you're flying in, I live literally 10 minutes away from O'hare airport in chicago, so I could easily pick you guys up or whatever and then the next day, we could drive out to south bend.

Anyway, I live in the chicago suburbs, so it would be less than a 2 hour drive to south bend from my place and you're free to bring as many smashers as you want, as long as you let me know who they are and how many of them there are.

I'm gonna add you on facebook so I don't have to give out my address or phone number and have it all over the internet haha. but im looking forward to this.

Btw, this goes for any of you reading this who is interested in coming out.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
It would be worth it to stay at the hotel during the tourney (multi day) though it would be sweet if kage came early and smashed with chicago

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I think we'd have to stay at South Bend, though. I mean, I don't want to be driving two hours there and back every day. Anyway, I'll look into seeing if I can work this into my schedule, since I really want to go. I remember a thing from Apex about cheap tickets for people 18-20. Since I'll be 19 at the time of FC, I could take advantage of that. That means it'd be easy to arrive a couple days early to hang out with you guys and do Ganon stuff.

EDIT: I just took a look at last years freshman stuff. There didn't seem to be anything I'd care about during the time FC would take place. Once they release this year's schedule, I'll know for sure. However, it looks like the important stuff would be in the afternoon of the 15th.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Nah, you guys are misunderstanding me. 2 Hours there and back would be ridiculous. I mean you could spend the night on the 11th, the day before the tournament, and then drive out the day after to the hotel. Saves us some money. Seeing as ill house and feed all of you.

Raph, im glad you can make it out here then! now, it is our duty to convince linguini, rockcrock, eikelmann, spider sense, renth, and TIPMAAAAAAAAAAAAN to come as well. Yes, you heard me, tipman.

Also, kage, yea flying into ohare would be way too easy, especially since i live 10 minutes away haha. I know i speak for chicago when i say that we would love to have you here. All of you

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I still can't guarantee being able to make it, but it's a lot more likely. I'll have to wait until the schedule for this year is announced, and get my family to give me permission to go. That being said, my Uncle lives in Michigan, so I might be able to suggest we go up there to visit him, and then spend a few days in IN.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I fully support Kage coming early. If you need a place to crash for a few nights before I wouldn't mind helping out (I have 2 spare bedrooms in my house and 4 couches). Of course if Pseudo is offering, feel free to stay with him. I'm just throwing out a backup plan.

God im so terrible at putting my ideas to words... Time to write an english paper! V__V

Top Bottom