• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
New combo (at least, I've never seen it): dair near to ledge to WF spike. It's possible at certain percents (for falcon its about 60, give or take), now make it happen.
Hmm.. it sounds like it would be tough to land the dair if Falcon is near the ledge unless you get him with Dair if he techs near the ledge? That sounds a bit more plausible.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'd say it can, assuming you're always able to get to that position with the Dair. The problem is consistently getting to that position. If you can do it, though, that would be pretty awesome.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Well I don't really know enough about the game to say so, but I'd say it looks like it does lol. But I'm pretty sure I've used it on a buddy of mine as well (although he is quite the mediocre falco), so quite possible.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
I meant for onstage regular spacing, from a neutral position. If they jump too close and you read a Short hop fast fall laser, you can do sh dair amd hit them.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Double laser? Eat the first hit, PS the second->grab.

Funnier thing to do: Eat first hit, boost grab->forced grab release from the laser hitting right after the grab goes thru. Not sure how practical it is, but I've done it and it's hilarious. Just tosses him down and away hard. Can't tech or cancel it so it seems good.

Lasers are bad. Just powershield them.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Supersight we need vids of you.... 90% of your posts contain something about powersheilding, and you say you're really good at it. I want to see you fight a Falco and shut down his laser game.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
there is no full-proof way to get around it. that dair was lucky as hell even considering how low that shdl was. they can switch up the heights so quickly and change everything.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
there is no full-proof way to get around it. that dair was lucky as hell even considering how low that shdl was. they can switch up the heights so quickly and change everything.
Ya I understand that, I know it's risky business because they can aerial from that position but if you are 100% sure that he will laser then.. that's a huge hit and allows you to hit Falco one more time if you guess correctly.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
so... i need advice against jigglypuff. I got totally wrecked by massive at smym.

Tipman uses a different technique (lots of auto-cancelled uairs and u-ftilits) vs jiggs than most ganons do and it seems like its pretty good. I used it against my buddy, but he's not a jiggs main. I know linguini says to keep your back facing jiggs as much as possible, but the priority is just too much it seems.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
I've found that ganon vs jiggs is a spacing battle. bair and uair win if you're higher than jiggs. ganon is tall and slow, avoid shield grabbing often.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Reverse u-air is good. CC her **** into a d-tilt u-air is really helpful. D-throw is good. No di = U-smash, behind is back air, and forward is u-air. Make sure you di her u-tilt. Dont try to go off stage to edgeguard her. If you aren't confident, don't even try to edguard her, since she can pull you out with a side-b. Punish missed rests with u-tilt or Warlock Punch.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Then I await your return, my friend. It was a blast meeting and playing with you at G2 and it would be a shame if it weren't to happen again.
yeah, Genesis 2 was just an amazing time, one of the reasons being that I got to meet fellow ganondorf users.

it's hard to keep away from the competitive scene since I miss a lot of smashers, but it's super easy to avoid playing by myself or with people I hang out with everyday.

Renth

Smash Hero
@Bizz:

I just did your reverse down b combo/kill on a captain falcon a little bit ago. Was hot.

I love it.

Top Bottom