• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
So overall I performed decently at beast according to my results, but it doesn't really show how I played. I was 4th seed in my pool, 3rd was a marth, 2nd a falco and 1st a samus. The marth i barely lost game one on bf, so I took him to dreamland where i JV4'd him. He then took me to yoshis where I was struggling getting out of his up tilt juggles. Last stock at 140% I finally get him to his last, and get a solid combo on him (dair, dthrow, 2 upairs I think) which left him without his dj offstage. As he side b's toward the ledge i drop ledge with an upair (eikeldrop?) which hits, but I managed to fail the timing of my jump so I SD'd. The falco bodied me pretty much, he was spamming lasers and pillar combos. I need to learn how to get out of these combos.
Heres where it gets really interesting, against the samus I managed to get him to 100% last stock both games. He was trying to zone me with missiles, but I just shielded them and slowly made it over to his side of bf. Samus is really slow in the air, so you can kinda juggle her with upairs until shes offstage. That samus then got 17th in singles. Sadly it wasn't recorded.

Why I did so well versus the samus compared to falco, is that I'm much better in a slow paced neutral than getting out of combos, as samus really doesn't have that impressive punish game. Are there any tricks you guys know that might help me? I was thinking wiggle out to waveland would be much better than simply teching in some situations.

ForTheLulz

Smash Apprentice
Why I did so well versus the samus compared to falco, is that I'm much better in a slow paced neutral than getting out of combos, as samus really doesn't have that impressive punish game. Are there any tricks you guys know that might help me? I was thinking wiggle out to waveland would be much better than simply teching in some situations.
For falco, learn to powershield. It's easy once you lab it and it disrupts the rhythm of the falco. Often, if you find you can't, you can take laser damage as long as you're keeping control of the stage and can react to what the falco's doing.
DI is easy for low-mid to mid level falcos. Hold away on dair and shine.
Many beginner-intermediate falco mains don't actually know how to combo. No, seriously. I'm almost sick of how these guys don't actually know how to properly combo DI away on their shines. Higher level falcos, however, will wavedash out of their shine and get actual followups. Then, you pray to the melee god that they mess up and you don't die.

Honestly, it looks like you almost won vs the samus because they didn't adapt and you didn't win against the falco because you didn't adapt.

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
He was waveshining for days, so yeah his combos seemed pretty legit. I really need to keep my movement crisp while under pressure though.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
CC jab/uair lasers and approaches is the easier alternative to powershields. You can't just rely on powershields, although you should still go for them.

Duel

Smash Apprentice
Kage was at xanadu??? Dayumn.
Yeah, unfortunately the best player there was Plank, but after losing in Winners Finals Kage beat him in grands. Too bad we couldn't watch him bop Nintendude and Chu.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Md/va drivers cant even drive in rain. Its actually really funny to see which is why they didnt show up. The weather was literally Ganon weather, dark clouds and huge downpours. I summoned up the rain to block people from coming lol.

But im happy with my play overall.. its so hard playing perfect. I did what westballz and hugs couldnt do and lets be real im not scared of ICs. The sheiks were actually hoping i beat them so they can beat me.

Edit: its also hard to say whos better between Hat and Plank.. theyre both really solid. I lost to Hat 3-0 at raider bowl but got him on the runback 2-0. Anyways.. **** sheikkkkk yaaa!!!

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Only Midwest/New England drivers can compete with Canada LOL. If it snowed in SFL (only time ever recorded was 1977) people would seriously die.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Vgbc started uploading a minute ago. Lol I still can't believe md/va couldn't drive out there. Well... I know why the climbers didn't. Lol

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I just went to watch Kage vs plank on my twitch app. Just as kage sat down at the setup, 7 consecutive 30-second ads started until I just quit out. COME ON YOUTUBE

Lol, even after phone restart, same thing.

I'm about to raise unholy Ganarchy in this *****

Last edited:

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I just went to watch Kage vs plank on my twitch app. Just as kage sat down at the setup, 7 consecutive 30-second ads started until I just quit out. COME ON YOUTUBE

Lol, even after phone restart, same thing.

I'm about to raise unholy Ganarchy in this *****
lol, should have went out for a square.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol the cg is easy, you just have to practice some.

Melee discs are $60 minimum, we'll see. I just got a cube in perfect condition, all cords, a like-new silver controller, 6 games, 2 memory cards, and official nintendo carrying cases for the cube and games for that price.

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
PSA: if you're tired of ads on the twitch app, just click the "visit this page" button or whatever the **** it is when they're playing the ad. Exit out immediately and go back to your broadcast. Wastes about 5 seconds total and the streamer still gets his ad revenue.

EZ$$

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
Sad. I still prefer the triforce of power on my right hand.

I have secondaries: Kirby, Link and Shiek, but the Triforce of Power is above the others for a reason.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Here's a silly "Enjoyment Tier List" I made late last night for the hell of it:

Melee Enjoyment Tier List.png

I kind of play falcon now

and it wasn't recorded

sorry
I've been playing Falcon pretty much exclusively for the past 3 and a half months so I feel ya on that one. I still enjoy playing Ganon a lot though, so maybe in due time I'll go back to maining him. Still figuring things out though.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I **** with Marth, falcon, doc, luigi, and Mario when I'm not playing Ganon. I'm always having fun if I'm playing against a spacey.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
After Ganon I'm into spacies, puff, Marth, Sheik and Zelda. Faded falco is too fun.

I think I'm the only Ganon main that can't play falcon. I'd probably enjoy him if I could though.

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
You aren't alone Wanted lol. Ganon and Shiek are the only high tiers that I can play.

I literally cannot do anything with Falco except perfect SHL, I can't do anything with marth, I die with fox, my hands literally don't work until the tier list gets to Doc/Mario and my intelligence doesn't kick in until I get to Ganon.... wait he's at the top of the list.

Top Bottom