• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
What do you mean by fp? And the jab cancel?
FP = frame perfect.

As far as the jab cancel, idk exactly what joe and bwmat are talking about but I'm sure they'll explain (probably an issue with terminology). King Mob answered bwmat's question as if he was asking about a jab reset lol.

Also @ Эикельманн [РУС] Эикельманн [РУС] $50 sidebet on Emilio. He's still capable of being mad ghey in the ditto. Prove me wrong and take my money!

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I'm thinking of doing a weekly Ganondorf match analysis stream for fun. Likely on Thursday or Fridays.

I'm wondering which matches I could analyze. Would it matter if I analyze a match from 5 years ago? Or should I look at more recent matches?

EDIT: I've decided on doing more recent matches so that I can have something new to review each week. 3 Sets at most.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol bizz is a cool ass dude for real.

Also, Ganons missing edgeguards in dittos is looooooool

Edit: that's cool locke, how about do new ones unless someone has a request? Someone knew maybe a question or 2 about any video they may have seen.

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
@ S Superspright You don't transition into light shield at all, the whole point of z is to light shield simultaneously with full click to get light shield powershield. I also feel it might only be good vs projectiles. It's also very tricky to learn to use effectively. I don't think the requirement to hold a limits that much to be honest, but you have to learn a lot of new muscle memory so you can do things while holding a and also learn to hold a after landings, wds and so on.

And yeah powershielding attacks is and has always been much easier than projectiles.
I thought you're hitting Z a frame after the digital input of the shield. I guess I was wrong.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Haha yeah you should never miss an edgeguard in dittos unless if you are trying to style.

Eikelmann did pretty well considering the situation. We both got what we wanted except for Kage.

Superspright

Smash Lord
LOL We didn't even get to play a game together. That part sucked. Next time I'll definitely play with you. If we're ever at the same tournament again we should do double Ganondorf.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I think I'll actually stream on Friday instead. Thursday I usually have homework to finish up on but I'm always free on Fridays. I'm thinking 2pm as well.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
As far as the jab cancel, idk exactly what joe and bwmat are talking about but I'm sure they'll explain (probably an issue with terminology).
Jab reset is when you push down on the control stick after a jab and it cuts back on some of the lag after. Fox does this so that his jab is safe on shield and he doesn't go into that stupid little kick thing after.

A cool thing to do: face RIGHT. Jab and then before the lag is over from the jab, do a downward-angled ftilt to the LEFT (or vice-versa). For some weird reason, if you do this correctly, you'll continue to jab at a faster rate. Unfortunately, this is still shield grab-able, so it's kinda useless for dorf.

Clocked

Smash Apprentice
Dude I don't even know what to do with Ganon in teams. I kinda just drift around throwing f-airs, but I always get bodied by Fox, Sheik, and Puff. Ganon seems like he would be insane in teams, but he just doesn't seem to have the recovery for it.

tm

Smash Ace
Ganon is way better in teams
source: I can actually place and win $ in teams
also, look at kage + axe.

Last edited:

Bwmat

Smash Ace
@ tm tm - thanks for the suggestion about throwing with c-stick, I'm gonna try that out.

When I was talking about jab cancel, I was talking about cancelling the jab with crouch to reduce cooldown. After that post I tried it out but it didn't seem to be any faster than well-timed normal jabs. AFAIK jab reset is when you force someone laying on the ground to stand up by jabbing or some other weak move.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
And yeah, IMO ganon's better in teams than in singles. I'm not super good at teams since I tend to turn my brain off and hit my team mate (and since ganon hits like a truck...).

One reason is that your team mate can save you when you're getting edge guarded, which is one of his greatest weaknesses. Unfortunately you can't really return the favour, so I find that teaming with characters with good recoveries like shiek or fox works really well.

Superspright

Smash Lord
How did you do ss? Mm anyone?

How about you Ian, I know you mm'd tons of ppl.
I did awful IMO. I didn't make it out of round 1 and it was very doable. The only one I wasn't sure I could beat was Zoso because I lack experience in the matchup. I put him off stage enough to win, but couldn't clean it up. I didn't have a chance to really MM anyone because it was a cluster-**** of pools.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Jab reset is when you push down on the control stick after a jab and it cuts back on some of the lag after.
A cool thing to do: face RIGHT. Jab and then before the lag is over from the jab, do a downward-angled ftilt to the LEFT (or vice-versa). For some weird reason, if you do this correctly, you'll continue to jab at a faster rate..
That's "jab cancelling" . Jab reset is hitting somebody in DownBounce (missed tech) or DownWait (Laying down on the ground) with a move that does less than 7,00% and little kb, so that the victim is forced to do a get up action in ~12 frames (exactly after 12 frames if hitstun is less, if more, then later.)

The downleft angled jab cancel works, because the diagonal still initiates crouch, which immediately begins on the 1st IASA frame of the jab. Additionally the angle doesn't cause dtilts, but jabs instead. (and any angle behind that as well.) Thus you can cancel the crouch immediately into new jab.

We need a glossary for terms so we don't get confused by others' posts.

Top Bottom