• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Coastward

Smash Lord
LOL LOCKE, that made me ****ing smile so hard.

in coastward news, i feel that im plateauing in melee with ganondorf. (maybe im just trash and i dont see myself developing at the rate i want to.) gonna take a brief break with ganondorf just to explore other characters and widen my knowledge of the game. gonna mess around with sheik and fox as i think they're ganon's worst MUs.

i really wanna improve and get better fast but i just cant do it. its like those commercials about extreme weight loss in 2 weeks but you know that **** DOESNT WORK.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
i used to smoke all the time when i played. sometimes i continued to play at my best or even better, but more often than not i would play substantially worse. it's been hard, but i've had to quit smoking during my smash time. i don't know how people are able to still play well when high. i wish i could do it.

GanonMaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dragmirejr
I played a high Falcon once, he played exactly the same. Confirming my theory that falconplayers are just mindlessly throwing out
moves fast xD

in a more serious note: side b can hit people that are hanging on the ledge :O at least in dittos...

Linguini

Smash Master
i've got some pretty hype wins while being stoned out of my mind lmao. my only problem used to be being able to stay baked throughout the whole tourney without a hassle...sometimes a ***** to do oos. I have way more fun playing stoned..more fun=more effective; at least in my case.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I'm going to BUST, the Apex qualifier this weekend. A few things are going to happen:

1. I'm going to money match all the good ganons. So I'm trying to study up on the ganon ditto. What would guys consider to be the best sets to study for this matchup? Which ganons are the best at the ganon ditto? There's a good chance I've probably seen whatever sets you guys post, but I have never studied them very hard.

2. I'm going to team with a falcon player. Watched a bunch of Linguini/Hax footage to get an idea of what to do with this team. It seemed like they were winning on FD and Pokemon a lot. Should my partner and I try to strike to these stages? What should we avoid?

3. I'm going to attempt to make it out of pools. I'm not sure how stacked this tournament is going to be, but considering it's a qualifier it will probably have some real killers so this might turn out to be an unrealistic expectation. We'll see.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
How the **** do I deal with Peach's Dash Attack?

I keep trying to jump over it and Fairing but I get clipped in the ankles by the end of the DA before my Fair comes out. Do I just need better spacing/timing or what?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
How the **** do I deal with Peach's Dash Attack?

I keep trying to jump over it and Fairing but I get clipped in the ankles by the end of the DA before my Fair comes out. Do I just need better spacing/timing or what?
Dude, just shield it lol it's completely shield grab-able. Or retreating fair, etc. It's a good move, but it's definitely not safe.

Linguini

Smash Master
I wouldn't recommend smoking and playing in tourney unless you've tested it out and feel comfortable being under pressure while baked. Otherwise it could backfire lmao

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
@ Moy Moy have you seen the pools??? So stacked.

At first, I was offended that I was placed in the same pool as Dart and Lance... and then I saw the rest of the pools... Dayum. Yours isn't terrible, but kels means auto-second seed.

Oh and I finally get to play pooch lol, dude's probably gonna ***** (loudly) at me the whole time while I beat his ass :smash:. Looking forward to playing him.

Last edited:

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
@ Moy Moy have you seen the pools??? So stacked.

At first, I was offended that I was placed in the same pool as Dart and Lance... and then I saw the rest of the pools... Dayum. Yours isn't terrible, but kels means auto-second seed.

Oh and I finally get to play pooch lol, dude's probably gonna ***** (loudly) at me the whole time while I beat his *** :smash:. Looking forward to playing him.
I wish second seed was that easy. I'm just glad they switched out Goose - he's kind of a hidden boss. I have a losing record against Hindawg, who plays Falco, while WhangChang and Norm both play Sheik. So you know how fun that matchup is. I've barely beaten both 5-1 and Fluid the last time I played them. I'll have to be on point to make it out.

As for your pool, don't sleep on DFU. He mains DK, but he's got a mean Falco and Sheik. Also, LILD is the Peach player that knocked me out of bracket at Kings of the North.

We'll talk on Saturday before pools start. I can give you the rundown of how Pooch plays - you might not need it though, from all your Ripple experience.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Yeah she's tricky, what's your problem exactly? You have problems approaching her, keeping your distance? Or Edge guarding?
I get caught with dash attack a lot and it's stupid cause I know it's not safe. He keeps catching me when I jump and when I try to do a retreating fair I still manage to get hit. It's hard to be in the air vs here unless she's on the ground and dsmashes. I'm alright with edgeguarding her, that's not where most of my problems stem from.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I get caught with dash attack a lot and it's stupid cause I know it's not safe. He keeps catching me when I jump and when I try to do a retreating fair I still manage to get hit. It's hard to be in the air vs here unless she's on the ground and dsmashes. I'm alright with edgeguarding her, that's not where most of my problems stem from.
What are you baiting exactly when you retreat Fair vs Peach? That is hardly used in this matchup. If Peach isn't pulling her turnips, you can block the dash attack or even use your own dash attack to beat hers if you are confident in the read. Other than that I'd recommend using ground moves instead to force her upwards. Then you can Uair her all day.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
What are you baiting exactly when you retreat Fair vs Peach? That is hardly used in this matchup. If Peach isn't pulling her turnips, you can block the dash attack or even use your own dash attack to beat hers if you are confident in the read. Other than that I'd recommend using ground moves instead to force her upwards. Then you can Uair her all day.
So I should ftilt, jab, and dtilt more? She's in the air a lot so it's kind of hard to grab her. Finding a way around her turnip to fair approach is rather annoying.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I wish second seed was that easy. I'm just glad they switched out Goose - he's kind of a hidden boss. I have a losing record against Hindawg, who plays Falco, while WhangChang and Norm both play Sheik. So you know how fun that matchup is. I've barely beaten both 5-1 and Fluid the last time I played them. I'll have to be on point to make it out.

As for your pool, don't sleep on DFU. He mains DK, but he's got a mean Falco and Sheik. Also, LILD is the Peach player that knocked me out of bracket at Kings of the North.

We'll talk on Saturday before pools start. I can give you the rundown of how Pooch plays - you might not need it though, from all your Ripple experience.
Yea, goose is pretty good. I've never played him in tournament, but I can see the hidden boss status. Hindawg is a guy who used to wreckkkkkk me when I first started playing way back in 2012, but I beat him the last time we played (in tournament). To be quite honest, he probably should have won, but I played really, really well my last stock and made a comeback. Protip vs Hindawg: his offensive game is super strong, but if you get any sort of opening, he just shields everything. It's free grabs all day... and that's how I won.

As for DFU, I'm 3-0 in sets (2 falco, 1 dk) and like 6-1 in matches, so I'm not too worried. No offense to the kid, he's really chill and he's pretty good, he just has to stop teching in... lol. I haven't played him in a while though, so that might be a really fun set. As for this LILD guy, if he mains peach, he'll probably beat me. I'm such a fraud. If it's not fast fallers / ripple's characters, I lose.

As for pooch... I'm looking forward to beating him ;). The only samus who can give me trouble in the midwest anymore is arty (and duck, I'm sure, though I've never played him). Pooch is funny as hell, I can't wait to listen to his loud ass voice in a tournament match.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
So I should ftilt, jab, and dtilt more? She's in the air a lot so it's kind of hard to grab her. Finding a way around her turnip to fair approach is rather annoying.
Fair approach? Never! You need to grab those turnips with Z then throw it back for setups. If you choose to avoid it then you really need to be careful when you commit because if you always dodge it and attack right away your pattern becomes predictible. Whenever I decide to Fair it's because the opponent is already committed to something so the Fair becomes safe to throw out based on their decision. If she's grounded as well, that's no good usually. You said she's in the air a lot, if so why don't you uair/bair her with good spacing?

Top Bottom