• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

n0ne

Smash Ace
So im shield dropping now.. Compliments to @ tm tm for the motivation. Why couldnt we get any more games in at big house????!!!!!!1111

I played a decent amount vs pseudoturtle and eikelmann.. Ggs to both

I only use up angled up tilts vs falcon... For all other situations.. Retreating bairs are better imo

Is there any new material from u dorfs? I randomly found one of mine while on youtube

@ Coastward Coastward i know im sounding like a beaaaach but will u upload my set vs coffeeblack anytime soon?

http://youtu.be/Kagsl0dz8vA

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Speaking of studying videos, Coast, I've kinda wanted to do a new thing (maybe weekly), but I've been busy lately and I'm kinda drunk now, so I don't wanna right now lol. I'm gonna post a video of a good ganon (or bad ganon, for that matter) and have everyone analyze IN DEPTH. Aka, every time (yes, literally every time) the ganon gets hit/punished, explain what he did wrong and what he could have done better (obviously just for a point of reference, not to call out that player).

What does everyone think about this? I think it could really spark some good discussion and provide everyone here with better situational strategies (something I lack in unfamiliar matchups).

Yea, n0ne, tm was great at shield dropping. He's definitely surpassed me, at the very least in the ditto. I'm trying to work on it, but it's ****ing hard man lol. The only way I can think to use it is when you're hit, you have to shield DI so that you can do it the way axe does.

edit: n0ne, you are so ****ing good hahaha, why don't you just always play ganon?

Last edited:

n0ne

Smash Ace
Speaking of studying videos, Coast, I've kinda wanted to do a new thing (maybe weekly), but I've been busy lately and I'm kinda drunk now, so I don't wanna right now lol. I'm gonna post a video of a good ganon (or bad ganon, for that matter) and have everyone analyze IN DEPTH. Aka, every time (yes, literally every time) the ganon gets hit/punished, explain what he did wrong and what he could have done better (obviously just for a point of reference, not to call out that player).

What does everyone think about this? I think it could really spark some good discussion and provide everyone here with better situational strategies (something I lack in unfamiliar matchups).

Yea, n0ne, tm was great at shield dropping. He's definitely surpassed me, at the very least in the ditto. I'm trying to work on it, but it's ****ing hard man lol. The only way I can think to use it is when you're hit, you have to shield DI so that you can do it the way axe does.

edit: n0ne, you are so ****ing good hahaha, why don't you just always play ganon?
Cuz when i start getting camped i get pissed and just wanna tech chase the hell out of my oponent with falcon

tm

Smash Ace

**** yeah. Definitely would love to see that, and in those situations good players can post what some of the better options that they could have done instead.

GanonMaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dragmirejr

Is there a nobel Prize comitee for this? cause this would be freaking amazing!!

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
So Gravy was at EXP on Wednesday. I got wrecked on stream. That'll be on YouTube soon. I went Falcon game 2, but everyone can tell me how bad I did the first game.

You going to KOTN 3 Turtle?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
You know I'll fully participate in analyzing vids and provide as much info as possible. My free work phone recently got replaced with a smart phone (instead of a flip phone) and has unlimited data. Unlimited smash vids!! Haha

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Damn Pseudo, you'd MM 100$ the best Ganon Linguini but not me huh? lol.

In other news if you havent read my twitter yet, im getting a new beast PC very soon and will stream a lot with it. Finally have the proper resources! =D

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
So Gravy was at EXP on Wednesday. I got wrecked on stream. That'll be on YouTube soon. I went Falcon game 2, but everyone can tell me how bad I did the first game.

You going to KOTN 3 Turtle?
I'm trying to! I don't have too much time on my hands as of late, but it seems like a fun time and a lot of midwest people are going... which means a lot of marths and falcons haha so I get to stomp em. I played the best I ever have before against Dart at big house friendlies (I actually took a good amount of games off him- imagine that). I'm probably gonna register anyway because it's only $10, so if I can't go last minute, I'm not out that much cash.

How long is Gravy in Chicago for, Moy? I have to get my revenge after big house 3. He 2-1'd me. I won first game, he won second, and made the 2 stock comeback with over 100% the last game. That dude really makes the most out of his last stock. Needless to say, I got dat salt and I need a rematch. But he's leveled up a considerable amount since then and I... have not.

Damn Pseudo, you'd MM 100$ the best Ganon Linguini but not me huh? lol.
LOL come on Kage, you know you're the best. Linguini is the only ganon on here who's way better than me that I haven't played yet, besides Renth and Spider_Sense. But those guys are active, so I'm sure the day will come when I get to play them too. The $100 would basically be me giving it away free as an incentive for him to come back... you're generally pretty active.

And Linguini was the first high level smash player I saw before I knew about wavedsahing, L-cancel, etc. so I was amazed by the way he moved. And then I saw M2K vs. Shiz lol.

Dave, I know you would haha. And now you got that phone, no excuse!

Adam, I haven't seen it. I imagine it's as weird as his other characters, but still somehow gets the job done. Do you have a link to a video of his ganon?

Glad everyone likes the video idea too. I'm gonna get started on it later today I think. I really want to start with Bizzarro Flame vs. Darkrain because it was a really good/close set and I think there's a lot in there to analyze.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I'm thinking sometime later today I'll stream me analyzing a Ganon vs Falco set since I want to go more in depth with that matchup.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You think so Pseudo? From what I saw, it was a match where they both wanted to style very hard on each other. Darkrain went balls deep for no reason.. lol It looked a fun set to me rather than a set where they want to kill each other just like Mango vs Lucky.. people say it was hype as hell but I got turned off when Lucky SDed on purpose. He didn't want to win.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
He fell for a lot of Bizzarro aerial baits lol. He def could have been a little campier and more careful, but hey that's not darkrain haha.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I'm trying to! I don't have too much time on my hands as of late, but it seems like a fun time and a lot of midwest people are going... which means a lot of marths and falcons haha so I get to stomp em. I played the best I ever have before against Dart at big house friendlies (I actually took a good amount of games off him- imagine that). I'm probably gonna register anyway because it's only $10, so if I can't go last minute, I'm not out that much cash.

How long is Gravy in Chicago for, Moy? I have to get my revenge after big house 3. He 2-1'd me. I won first game, he won second, and made the 2 stock comeback with over 100% the last game. That dude really makes the most out of his last stock. Needless to say, I got dat salt and I need a rematch. But he's leveled up a considerable amount since then and I... have not.
Cool. I'm looking for a ride as of now, but I think I can secure one. Now my attendance only depends on if I have work that day.

To answer your question, Gravy was only in Chicago that day. His flight was delayed going back home since I think he was staying in MI after Big House. He told Kels he was leaving the next morning.

I'm glad you kept it close with him. I got 4 stocked first game - he only took 44%.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
He fell for a lot of Bizzarro aerial baits lol. He def could have been a little campier and more careful, but hey that's not darkrain haha.
Tsk.. I'm a little salty because mr. Darkrain plays super solid vs me.. lol

Actually I have a theory that since people don't like losing to me, they must play their best all the time to attempt to stop me with everything they've got. Maybe I'm wrong but my opponents often say they play their best of all time when they fight me like as if I bring out their maximum potential. It certainly feels that way and I mean I can't complain but still when I don't see that vs someone else.. I'm a little sad honestly. =P

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
When you guys to the wall-jump ledge-tech, when are situations where you opt for a bair or for the up-b? I feel like bair is overall better because it comes out fast, knocks them far away or even kills them, and it can't be CCed after ~40%. I can only think that it might get shielded, but I would think the bair would come out faster than their shield coming up, cause usually attacks that you tech on the edge are laggy moves that can be quickly punished. I would think up-b counters shielding, but you get put into the air and you still have to grab the ledge even if you land the up-b unless they are at a really high percent. So, I wanna know what move you guys do in specific situations? I'm very capable of doing both bair and up-b from a wall-jump tech. I've gotten much more consistent with it now, the timing is better and my SDI is stronger.

Coastward

Smash Lord
When you guys to the wall-jump ledge-tech, when are situations where you opt for a bair or for the up-b? I feel like bair is overall better because it comes out fast, knocks them far away or even kills them, and it can't be CCed after ~40%. I can only think that it might get shielded, but I would think the bair would come out faster than their shield coming up, cause usually attacks that you tech on the edge are laggy moves that can be quickly punished. I would think up-b counters shielding, but you get put into the air and you still have to grab the ledge even if you land the up-b unless they are at a really high percent. So, I wanna know what move you guys do in specific situations? I'm very capable of doing both bair and up-b from a wall-jump tech. I've gotten much more consistent with it now, the timing is better and my SDI is stronger.
it mostly goes unpunished because if you get hit near the ledge and you tech it, your opponent will most likely still be in the animation of the move they threw out to hit you with. it's very situation based but you should mostly go for bair as it covers a good amount of options pretty well.

also, the azen ganon video is on some weird ass site, so i cant like to it properly.

double also, I ALSO MIGHT STREAM some ganon critique of my own since i have a better laptop now.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
it mostly goes unpunished because if you get hit near the ledge and you tech it, your opponent will most likely still be in the animation of the move they threw out to hit you with. it's very situation based but you should mostly go for bair as it covers a good amount of options pretty well.

also, the azen ganon video is on some weird *** site, so i cant like to it properly.

double also, I ALSO MIGHT STREAM some ganon critique of my own since i have a better laptop now.
I can agree to do Bair vs let's say Falco/Fox Dsmash for example. However you'd have to be able react pretty much instantly to that to punish them. If you are trying to tech Falco Dair though, Up-B is probably better.

Coastward

Smash Lord
I can agree to do Bair vs let's say Falco/Fox Dsmash for example. However you'd have to be able react pretty much instantly to that to punish them. If you are trying to tech Falco Dair though, Up-B is probably better.
yeah i think thats an instance where it'll be close to impossible to punish the dair.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
yeah i think thats an instance where it'll be close to impossible to punish the dair.
True but I'm very big on fundamentals, can always take a risk and bair him anyway since he might jump again. lol
Could it be possible to waveland to something too? Or do you have to Up-B after Bair?

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
True but I'm very big on fundamentals, can always take a risk and bair him anyway since he might jump again. lol
Could it be possible to waveland to something too? Or do you have to Up-B after Bair?
after bair, the only thing you can do to get back on stage is up-b. UNLESS its on yoshi's and the cloud is the to help you.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
@ Coastward Coastward What about airdodge to stage if ur at the right height
Yes. This is absolutely possible, but you have to bair immediately after you wall-jump ledge-tech. Up angle-the air dodge and you make it back on stage just fine, but like you said, you have to be at the right height, and be quick about it. Source: I just tested it out.

You only want to airdodge after the bair if the bair ended up landing and knocking away the opponent. Otherwise, up-b that ****.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
@ Coastward Coastward What about airdodge to stage if ur at the right height
you could, but it depends on the situation as well. its the same situation where they have a move that has low cooldown and they can just cover that option safely.

the best options after ledgetech imo are (in specific order):

walltech jump > immediate bair
walltech jump> immediate up-b
walltech jump > uair
walltech > drop down and aim for a sweet spot up-b
walltech jump > air dodge

going for the sweetspot isn't too safe, but it's still an available option. its got a safenet too, if you end up missing the sweetspot, you can just go for another walltech and reset the situation, but its pretty risky.

Little Pac

Smash Rookie
So I've been working on my wavelanding and time the ledge cancels. What advanced tech should I master to stomp with the King of Evil? Maximum disrespect style a la BizarroFlame?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
So you can't do at all. :troll:

How about if they hit you early while you're low? I'm guessing it's only possible when the tech takes place pretty high up. That and hold toward the stage the whole time to help kill the walljump momentum. I have never seen it done!

Also (unrelated), when I say "walltech" I mean the same thing as coast when he says "walltech jump" if it is a non-walljump tech, even though it's on a wall, I call it a regular tech, as it can be done on a ceiling as well (what I call walltechs can only be done on a wall -- a walljump tech). I know n0ne wasn't confused but since we use different terminology for certain things I thought I'd eliminate any confusion.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
So I've been working on my wavelanding and time the ledge cancels. What advanced tech should I master to stomp with the King of Evil? Maximum disrespect style a la BizarroFlame?
Let's be real. I love bizz but he dairs a bit too much. You want to land stomps? Master techchasing, shield poking, and reading your opponent.

Coastward

Smash Lord
gonna be at a tourney tomorrow, going to make sure at least 1 of my matches are on stream for you guys.

i wanna see how much i leveled up after BH4.

Top Bottom