• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Guys, can we please start wavedashing out of shield to punish laggy moves?

I don't wanna see another Marth get away with fsmash on shield. Or fox up smash/dsmash on shield. These are such free punishes.

The only ganon that I've seen to really do this is spider_sense. By the way, awesome set vs. Rula, Jason! What a great comeback. Are all FL ganons just innately amazing vs falco?

n0ne

Smash Ace

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56

I don't wanna see another Marth get away with fsmash on shield. Or fox up smash/dsmash on shield. These are such free punishes
Not wavedashing out of shield is definitely a nerves thing for me.

I played Ripple on Friday since he was at Pooch's house for EXPosure. His DK is mad good. His Marth is no joke either. Didn't go Samus at all. Thought I'd tell you since you've trained with him a lot.

Last edited:

tm

Smash Ace

I don't wanna see another Marth get away with fsmash on shield. Or fox up smash/dsmash on shield
I don't think you can actually punish shielded fox upsmash... ? Best you can do is try to read his defensive maneuver (unless I'm wrong). But yeah Marth fsmash should be punished every time.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Well, this was a great way to start my day. Haven't seen this combo vid since it was released.

http://youtu.be/cLnaIoDkBug

Chaddd and bizz have some competition for who dairs the most lmao

edit: for some reason I can't play Devour... i hope it's just my phone. I wish G Vice still played often.

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
tm, I've punished a fox upsmash with wd out of shield to grab/jab... but I guess it might not be guaranteed? I know that if you shield a fox upsmash, you can 100% land up-b out of shield
It's definitely guaranteed, if you don't get it, your timing is off. Simple as that. But real Foxes won't do random Usmash either haha, need to set it up properly. =P

I got 2nd at our local PR invitational yesterday. Double eliminated Lampadaires again but Bam still beat me. =( Our region is finally leveling up too, it took much work and patience however still not enough to be a real threat. ;)

No recording however some highlight combos I landed combo quad Dair into reverse down-B, 0-death a Fox from the ground to platform lol. (Thanks Bizz) I downthrow to dair Bam at 0% when he chased me on the cloud in Yoshi's and he died at 30%, didn't even try to meteor.

I also need a magnet into my grabs vs Falco.. Bam seems to always take a spacing where it's really hard to get a Grab, jab or even uair. It's a pain in the ass to fight.

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Yea, I thought it was a guaranteed punish. I've landed it enough that I don't think it's just a flub on the part of my opponent. And yea, usually a good fox won't just run up and upsmash your shield lol, but you can sometimes bait it if you know they're fishing for it.

Good stuff, Kage. Yea, have you tried shield DI for the incoming space animal? After Spidey suggested it, Linguini finally came in and told everyone that's how he gets so many shield grabs lmao. I'm not good at it, but I can definitely read when a falco is going to cross me up or land in front of me and I think that if my shield DI was more on point that I could punish those... but that's purely conjecture.

@ Moy Moy how'd you do against him? He knows the ganon matchup extremely well. After almost 3 years of training with me, I wouldn't expect any less haha.

@ -ACE- -ACE- it is just your phone. For some reason, that video is unavailable on mobile (such a stupid feature). Just go into youtube on your mobile browser, scroll to the left and click on enable desktop mode or something. Now youtube's stupid and pointless features are disabled.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
@ PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle I got his DK down to one stock more times than I thought I would. He always knew how to close out the game though.

I think my Ganon did better than my Falcon against him. The uair juggles were too strong.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero

I don't wanna see another Marth get away with fsmash on shield. Or fox up smash/dsmash on shield. These are such free punishes.

The only ganon that I've seen to really do this is spider_sense. By the way, awesome set vs. Rula, Jason! What a great comeback. Are all FL ganons just innately amazing vs falco?
I suck ass vs. Falco.

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Worst matchup for my Ganon is Peach. I just don't even 85% of the time. I also can't afford to go places to play like i could in 2012. I'm a bad Ganon rep :c

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Well, this was a great way to start my day. Haven't seen this combo vid since it was released.

http://youtu.be/cLnaIoDkBug

Chaddd and bizz have some competition for who dairs the most lmao

edit: for some reason I can't play Devour... i hope it's just my phone. I wish G Vice still played often.
hahahaha @Stormblast endur fyrir löngu :bee:

Coastward

Smash Lord
someone actually needs to make a controller where if you shield grab, you get shocked.

5 days of lab time though, gonna make sure i play my best next week.

n0ne

Smash Ace
someone actually needs to make a controller where if you shield grab, you get shocked.

5 days of lab time though, gonna make sure i play my best next week.
Yea, was useful for big house. Sometimes i wanna go dorf so bad but i feel more confident with falcon. I really wanna see my set against coffeeblack again

Pretty ok with placing 3rd in melee and PM too

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Update: He did not win

The look of pain in your eyes...

still, good **** getting 3rd! Who did you beat?
sorry, didn't see this. i lost to colbol twice and beat everyone else i played. nobody worth mentioning. i've just barely been breaking even recently, unfortunately. also attended another event yesterday and had similar results. lost to colbol in winners semis and then gahtzu in losers semis.

@ n0ne n0ne yeah i'm confirmed now! :colorful:

but yeah, jiggs discussion plz.

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
Would anyone be interested in a Ganondorf tech training video? Not so much explaining them. More on the lines of how I practice each thing, which I use the claw technique for and how to apply each one individually?

Coastward

Smash Lord
Would anyone be interested in a Ganondorf tech training video? Not so much explaining them. More on the lines of how I practice each thing, which I use the claw technique for and how to apply each one individually?
this would be pretty interesting. im down to see it.

sorry, didn't see this. i lost to colbol twice and beat everyone else i played. nobody worth mentioning. i've just barely been breaking even recently, unfortunately. also attended another event yesterday and had similar results. lost to colbol in winners semis and then gahtzu in losers semis.

@ n0ne n0ne yeah i'm confirmed now! :colorful:

but yeah, jiggs discussion plz.
what exactly about puff? just in general?
puff is lame, /thread.

I'm not taking this game seriously anymore, but I will still play Ganon for fun.
how come?

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
how come?
I realize now that I'm getting too emotionally invested into the game. Each time a tournament ends I'm just sad and upset about anything melee related, and I just grew tired of feeling bad about the game as of yesterday. I want to play to have fun, not stress myself out about matchups, who i can beat, choosing my character, etc. I just want to play Ganon cause he's fun and just have a good time playing.

Coastward

Smash Lord
I realize now that I'm getting too emotionally invested into the game. Each time a tournament ends I'm just sad and upset about anything melee related, and I just grew tired of feeling bad about the game as of yesterday. I want to play to have fun, not stress myself out about matchups, who i can beat, choosing my character, etc. I just want to play Ganon cause he's fun and just have a good time playing.
better to have fun with it rather than thinking of it as a job

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I play strictly for fun. Everything else that comes after that is simply a benefit.

But I will say, that once I started to get "good," I enjoyed the game that much more. Nothing more satisfying than being able to gimp your training partner (who has previously destroyed you on all accounts)'s samus from zero... and of course all the other, more gimpable, characters.

Coastward

Smash Lord
ganondorf headcount is:

me
bizz
turtle
eikelmann
jiggles
n0ne
ranch(?)
locke(?)

thats as much as i can remember right now, feel like im forgetting someone.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
You missed tm, but I think that's everyone. For rooms, I'm staying with Ripple and Dart. Talk to Blake about a room setup, since he's in charge of it.

Yo Dave, tech chase gimps are the shiiiit. I one landed dthrow (low %, not zero though, unfortunately) --> dsmash --> dsmash (on platform) where he DI'd out of the second hit. Went flying off stage so all I had to do was edge hog. Bye bye falco.

None of my cool combos ever get recorded.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
ganondorf headcount is:

me
bizz
turtle
eikelmann
jiggles
n0ne
ranch(?)
locke(?)

thats as much as i can remember right now, feel like im forgetting someone.
Remember, I'm deconfirmed for Big House 4.

As for Puff, pretty sure Kage wrote that nice lengthy essay on the Puff matchup in his drunken stupor. It's like a page back. I don't like puff too much but I just want to grab her more and get that up-smash kill.

I'm also gonna try a method where I can not see the stocks or percentage at the bottom of the screen. This might help with choking and psyching yourself out if you're ahead or giving up if you're behind. I want to experiment with this a bit.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
For a room i am stuck with a double and my buddy bailed. So yeah, two beds at once. Making a ****ing mattress fort!

Top Bottom