• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Pluplue

Smash Ace
yall ganons shouldn't approach samus from the ground. If you're on the top platform then you have total control of the matchup. If you are approaching from the ground I have to worry about you down bing a missile, dash attacking them, forward bing under them or shielding them. All options, except shield, can be countered by the height I shoot the missiles at. All I can do when you're at the top platform is charge B, which is usually enough to make ganons approach recklessly, but if you think about samus's aerial options she can't really punish you. The reason this match-up was like 60-40 for ganon a while back was because samus's moves just don't beat ganons aerials... THAT PART HASN'T CHANGED! The problem ganons are facing vs samus now (and I think this goes for most match-ups ganon has) is that no one's running into his aerials anymore, so ganon needs to close space slowly and safely, which is MEGA important vs samus.

So yeah, the match-up's pretty simple on your end. Camp platforms, don't approach like a dumbass, wait til she's nice and tucked into her corner of the stage before you start throwing out safe aerials. Also ban pokemon. If you aint banning pokemon then wtf dood.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Good stuff justin. I know I've made that mistake before haha. I don't regret any of the fun I had punching thousands of missiles tho, hahah

Coastward

Smash Lord
Try dashing away and then shielding--also use the trigger glitch to make it easier. You have like 6 frames to time it...more than enough. I use the same technique to powershield turnips/pills easily.
why would i want to create more space between her by running away? if im close enough why would she missile me either? i dont understand...

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
yeah because of what plup was saying about being able to shoot missiles at different heights to get around the different ways we block i prefer to go for the powershield when i can. most of the time i can tell that my jab or whatever will work, but too often have i misinterpreted the spacing of the missile by the smallest amount and eaten a missile for no reason.

besides, powershielding missiles isn't that bad. obviously i can't do it 100% of the time, but i can do it far more often than lasers. it's also because i have a samus main friend so i get practice in this mu pretty often.

the one thing i'd like to hear is how you guys edgeguard samus. i noticed in one match spider sense was on battlefield vs hugs and he was on the edge of the right platform. he just dropped through and edge canceled a uair into another uair when hugs was just floating around about to reach the ledge. he could've avoided it all, but i guess he wasn't expecting the two uairs and ran into the second. aside from that trick, i haven't seen many situations where the ganon is able to trick the samus while they're offstage.

Coastward

Smash Lord
yeah because of what plup was saying about being able to shoot missiles at different heights to get around the different ways we block i prefer to go for the powershield when i can. most of the time i can tell that my jab or whatever will work, but too often have i misinterpreted the spacing of the missile by the smallest amount and eaten a missile for no reason.

besides, powershielding missiles isn't that bad. obviously i can't do it 100% of the time, but i can do it far more often than lasers. it's also because i have a samus main friend so i get practice in this mu pretty often.

the one thing i'd like to hear is how you guys edgeguard samus. i noticed in one match spider sense was on battlefield vs hugs and he was on the edge of the right platform. he just dropped through and edge canceled a uair into another uair when hugs was just floating around about to reach the ledge. he could've avoided it all, but i guess he wasn't expecting the two uairs and ran into the second. aside from that trick, i haven't seen many situations where the ganon is able to trick the samus while they're offstage.
edguarding samus 101

hit her before she uses grapple with bair or uair.
if she manages to grapple, grab the ledge before she does AND ONLY ACT AFTER she does.
tipman all the time because they will always try to sweetspot ledge with it. you can dair too if youre feeling it.
if theyre bomb stalling just chill and hold ledge.

tm

Smash Ace
yall ganons shouldn't approach samus from the ground. If you're on the top platform then you have total control of the matchup. If you are approaching from the ground I have to worry about you down bing a missile, dash attacking them, forward bing under them or shielding them. All options, except shield, can be countered by the height I shoot the missiles at. All I can do when you're at the top platform is charge B, which is usually enough to make ganons approach recklessly, but if you think about samus's aerial options she can't really punish you. The reason this match-up was like 60-40 for ganon a while back was because samus's moves just don't beat ganons aerials... THAT PART HASN'T CHANGED! The problem ganons are facing vs samus now (and I think this goes for most match-ups ganon has) is that no one's running into his aerials anymore, so ganon needs to close space slowly and safely, which is MEGA important vs samus.

So yeah, the match-up's pretty simple on your end. Camp platforms, don't approach like a *******, wait til she's nice and tucked into her corner of the stage before you start throwing out safe aerials. Also ban pokemon. If you aint banning pokemon then wtf dood.
Many thanks dude. Not everyone would go out of their way to help like that. Maybe you're just bored of always winning the MU, lol

Superspright

Smash Lord
Power shielding missiles i feel is just not worth it when u can just jab em
why would i want to create more space between her by running away? if im close enough why would she missile me either? i dont understand...
Go into versus, dash dance...on the frame you dash away press shield and pause simultaneously and observe how disjointed the shield is. I am speaking about this out of a dash dance. Not just literally running away. It works. I haven't had a chance to play against a decent Samus in a while though.

Last edited:

kupo15

Smash Hero
If you play against a good puff you have to expect to place campy and its kinda fun to be able to outcamp a puff with your bair and ftilt. I enjoy Falco and falcon MU but hate Fox and sheik. Uhg...

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Yeah Puff is an irritating match up. I still do Tipman's anti wall of pain, because it sets up a great wall and shuts down a majority of moves. I think the only problem Ganon faces is her rest combos and edge guarding, you have to be so tricky with your recovery, but when the best Puff player lives in your region, then it seems like other puffs are super free.

LOL Emilio, I know how boring Samus can get, but that's honestly apart of the match up, you just have to exercise extreme patience other wise she's just going to just blow you up. One thing I kind of don't get is that you guys are saying to stay airborne, I think stay grounded is much better overall because she's limited to what she can do, her roll isn't that great, you can jab missiles. I think possibly her best options may be to nair oos or wavedash oos which eventually get predictable. Ganon is a tank, so he can afford to take trades with her.

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend

So yeah, the match-up's pretty simple on your end. Camp platforms, don't approach like a *******, wait til she's nice and tucked into her corner of the stage before you start throwing out safe aerials. Also ban pokemon. If you aint banning pokemon then wtf dood.
It might be simple but it's still annoying to fight Samus for 5 mins.. lol.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration

lmao you wrote this a couple hours before coming to my house and playing this matchup with me.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
**** peach and **** sheik.
dude peach is super fun to play against imo. the only thing that really sucks is edgeguarding her. it's really boring when she's offstage. but other than that, the neutral is pretty enjoyable, you have some nasty punishes on her and you get to exercise extreme domestic abuse. what could be better?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
dude peach is super fun to play against imo. the only thing that really sucks is edgeguarding her. it's really boring when she's offstage. but other than that, the neutral is pretty enjoyable, you have some nasty punishes on her and you get to exercise extreme domestic abuse. what could be better?
Lol, I was wondering where the all the "****" came from when you play Ganon. I see that many people's view of him is like a child abuser. Especially when it's Ganon vs YL... *sigh* Crazy people!!

Coastward

Smash Lord
yo real talk, we should actually organize something for everyone thats going next weekend. that way were not scrambling around trying to find each other and ****.

#grouppicture tho

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
i wish i could meet you guys at big house. will everyone be at least attending apex this year? i'm definitely going to that.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Oh Lord @ X WaNtEd X X WaNtEd X spider_sense and I are rolling right now.
Like... rolling rolling? Well your weekend officially beats mine and it hasn't even started yet. trololol

And yo Coast, if you weren't coming all the way over from some crazy foreign country, I'd give you my phone number... lol but for real pm me your name and I'll try and find you on facebook (if applicable).

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
Like... rolling rolling? Well your weekend officially beats mine and it hasn't even started yet. trololol

And yo Coast, if you weren't coming all the way over from some crazy foreign country, I'd give you my phone number... lol but for real pm me your name and I'll try and find you on facebook (if applicable).
**** PM ILL DO IT HERE: Adam Hermosa

and yeah, living in canada actually sucks sometimes.

and im defssssssssssssssss reaching apex, i missed out last year cuz of school.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Unfortunately, due to a lack of transportation, I do not think I will be able to attend Big House 4.

I've been having issues getting a ride to Big House 4 ever since my initial ride completely bailed out just after school started. I have not successfully been able to find a back-up ride and this greatly saddens me as I really wanted to go to Big House 4 and meet all of you guys. I'm definitely gonna be at The Fall Classic at least, and Apex 2015 as well.

Coastward

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, due to a lack of transportation, I do not think I will be able to attend Big House 4.

I've been having issues getting a ride to Big House 4 ever since my initial ride completely bailed out just after school started. I have not successfully been able to find a back-up ride and this greatly saddens me as I really wanted to go to Big House 4 and meet all of you guys. I'm definitely gonna be at The Fall Classic at least, and Apex 2015 as well.
no megabus or anything like that?

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
**** PM ILL DO IT HERE: Adam Hermosa

and yeah, living in canada actually sucks sometimes.

and im defssssssssssssssss reaching apex, i missed out last year cuz of school.
Chris Wiggins . Ontario. Add me up so i am not lost at big house 4 lol

n0ne

Smash Ace
Guys so im drinking and laughing at funny combos that have happened with my nicaraguan buds and remembered this from my 1st trip to costa rica and thought of sharing.

Felt so good. ;)

http://youtu.be/DHyDFYEDcR4

@ Coastward Coastward something similar happened remember when we were playing? Im sure its archived..

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
There are no Megabuses that are going to Michigan, and I definitely don't want to take public transportation for this. I'll bee too expensive at that point anyway.
you could always use zimride. you'd have to carpool with a random, but all of my experiences with it have been positive.

Top Bottom