• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
yo if we was in 1999 you could still record that **** on vhs so no johns
Lol VHS Johns
Note: im looking for you ganons at big house but i dunno what you look like! Ill just hope to find a ganon playing i guesd

Last edited:

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
Who is the best player in toronto? My region is tied with a falco player and a falcon main i feel.
yeah toronto isnt that strong to be honest, but im pretty sure i can beat him. last time i played him i lost 2-1 because i got a phantom dair off stage and he just turned my edgeguard around.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Couldn't make it out the the Versus weeklies cause of landscaping work johns. Sorry guys, I'll try to give people the run down on the Fox/Falco matchup asap. I owe it to everyone here. I had a blast at smash the record, even though I wasn't warmed up for any of my matches in bracket. I need to make sure I have a bedtime when I go to more of these nationals. I came so close to beating Hugs and thought I was playing slow and whatnot. I guess I have trouble toning down my aggressive playstyle, but I'll work on that since Emilio thinks that was my biggest problem against Samus.

Every -Ace- comment makes me smile. Dude is such a boss.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Spidey, you got a link so we can watch those vids or what? Hopefully they got recorded of course.

Lost to Matt R... Twice. Ah well. Those old school Midwest smashers still kick a ton of ass at this game. Need fox tips that cover more than just the basics!

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Spidey, you got a link so we can watch those vids or what? Hopefully they got recorded of course.

Lost to Matt R... Twice. Ah well. Those old school Midwest smashers still kick a ton of *** at this game. Need fox tips that cover more than just the basics!
I could link you to Versus twitch, I couldn't enter because of work johns.

http://www.twitch.tv/vsgc/b/550552510

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
What do you guys think about fighting Marth on FoD? I recently wrecked my Marth friend on that stage. I'm liking it more and more.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Yo @ -ACE- -ACE- how do you cover the di and tech roll away option with a side-b on reaction? How about di behind and tech away? Im having trouble doing it sucessfully.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Caps, you can't always cover a tech chase option with side b. Ganon just isn't fast enough. Sometimes all you can do to cover di away and tech away is either down b or sh perfect waveland jab/tilt/grab.

Another thing (unrelated): wavedash oos is underutilized imo. It isn't always that great of an option, but Marths who space fsmash on shield have to stop getting away with it unpunished. Even vs ganon. I experimented with it yesterday and you can wd jab, grab, or tilt (on shield) to apply pressure. Just one example of its use. I figured out some more cool **** with it yesterday also and there are a few more useful applications. If anyone's interested, I can go into more detail.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yo @ -ACE- -ACE- how do you cover the di and tech roll away option with a side-b on reaction? How about di behind and tech away? Im having trouble doing it sucessfully.
what joe said basically. dash into SFLL'd fair in those situations, unless they're at very low% dair for damage and combo potential.

Coastward

Smash Lord
http://www.twitch.tv/acgamesonline/b/562874971

played A LOT OF FRIENDLIES on stream today, wanted to get as much footage for you guys to go over. just skim through it since im on and off stream frequently.

also, do you guys know who n0ne is? hes from nicaragrua and just moved to toronto and played ganondorf/falcon. got 1st at the weekly beating weon-x. his ganon is so ****ing nice, sorta reminds me of bizz. im pretty sure there are matches in the VOD i linked of him so watch him too.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
http://www.twitch.tv/acgamesonline/b/562874971

played A LOT OF FRIENDLIES on stream today, wanted to get as much footage for you guys to go over. just skim through it since im on and off stream frequently.

also, do you guys know who n0ne is? hes from nicaragrua and just moved to toronto and played ganondorf/falcon. got 1st at the weekly beating weon-x. his ganon is so ****ing nice, sorta reminds me of bizz. im pretty sure there are matches in the VOD i linked of him so watch him too.
yeah i've heard of this guy. nicaragua has some incredible players that nobody has heard of. used to keep tabs on a dk from there called crazy 50.

n0ne is from costa rica iirc, though

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
yeah i've heard of this guy. nicaragua has some incredible players that nobody has heard of. used to keep tabs on a dk from there called crazy 50.

n0ne is from costa rica iirc, though
i was talking to him and he was saying nicaragua so idk. at least theres another ganon player here that i can talk with now and get tips and ****. LEVEL UP INCOMING.

also, do you guys like counterpicking ice climbers to fountain?

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
Why to fountain? I think any stage with platforms is good for you or ice climbers if they wobble. I think i would want a tad more space against them so id be willing to go anywhere but

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hey Ian, you know that trick you want me to do with that ledge drop Uair? Well yesterday I decided to do it with downair, much more brutal and satisfying but i killed myself as a hero too. Somehow it ended up hurting the momentum of the other player a lot more, rofl. ;)

Renth

Smash Hero
Hey Ian, you know that trick you want me to do with that ledge drop Uair? Well yesterday I decided to do it with downair, much more brutal and satisfying but i killed myself as a hero too. Somehow it ended up hurting the momentum of the other player a lot more, rofl. ;)
If you use your double jump, then down air ; from the ledge. You can use your up b to barely back it back to the ledge.

Kinda crappy, but i've used it a good amount of times for the invulnerability.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Ian, n0ne is from Nicaragua but he apparently lived in Costa Rica for a short amount of time or something like that. I know he's gone to tournaments there

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I think I have found the fastest way for Ganon to grab the ledge from center stage.

For example: on Battlefield, if you full-hop / double jump up to the platform to Waveland, and then moonwalk in the other direction. You will be turned around, and then you can FF to the edge. The moonwalk isn't even the fastest one. If you manage to just turn around after the Waveland, you'll cut a lot of the time down. Moon walking just makes it look cool.

This is also possible on Yoshi's Story (it's even faster there) as well as dreamland.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I think I have found the fastest way for Ganon to grab the ledge from center stage.

For example: on Battlefield, if you full-hop / double jump up to the platform to Waveland, and then moonwalk in the other direction. You will be turned around, and then you can FF to the edge. The moonwalk isn't even the fastest one. If you manage to just turn around after the Waveland, you'll cut a lot of the time down. Moon walking just makes it look cool.

This is also possible on Yoshi's Story (it's even faster there) as well as dreamland.

yeah moonwalk takes too long. good brainstorming though.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Yeah this has been known for a little while. I try to do it when I can, but it's not really that easy on the fly.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Played Pseudo in a Dorf ditto during pools! Was fun watching you wreck all those Foxes. Your wavelands are so smooth and I even caught you doin them reverse ledge dashes.

Top Bottom