• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
uair on reaction works but has to be spaced more precisely than the ftilt... higher likelihood of trading.

You jump as they are descending and you use waveland edge-canceled and uair to cover all the options.
waveland edge-canceled? can you explain? all options covered? elaborate please

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
I guess I suck at explaining properly, but when you waveland facing toward the ledge without DIing your character abruptly stops and you can do anything from there, like walk off in a frame and use an aerial, or grab, tilt, etc. Rather than waiting for the forced landjng animation (5 frames) or the waveland (10 frames) to end entirely. I'm talking about doing this pretty close to the ledge so it would only take 1-2 frames to reach the ledge. It's what you do if they don't use phantasm over your head, and maybe try to switch it up for a sweet spot. You have to use your judgment.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Is there ever a useful point to shield-drop in the neutral game? and how to I practice shield dropping on platforms while I'm already in my shield? I think it would help a lot with pressure while on platforms, I just don't know how to do it properly.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Is there ever a useful point to shield-drop in the neutral game? and how to I practice shield dropping on platforms while I'm already in my shield? I think it would help a lot with pressure while on platforms, I just don't know how to do it properly.
Perhaps as a bait? It's not that useful unless you're sure your opponent will commit to something on that platform or use an aerial. Ganondorf's shield-dropped uair is insanely fast (7 frames).

Has anyone really experimented with switching to light-shield with Z to beat shine pressure from Fox/Falco? Like, let's say Falco Dair's on your shield then during shieldstun you press Z then when they shine you get pushed back very far because of the ASDI+lightshield traction.

I imagine it's not that good because light-shield hitstun is different. I do know it's pretty good against Peach though. Fair->Dsmash won't work.

Last edited:

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps as a bait? It's not that useful unless you're sure your opponent will commit to something on that platform or use an aerial. Ganondorf's shield-dropped uair is insanely fast (7 frames).

Has anyone really experimented with switching to light-shield with Z to beat shine pressure from Fox/Falco? Like, let's say Falco Dair's on your shield then during shieldstun you press Z then when they shine you get pushed back very far because of the ASDI+lightshield traction.

I imagine it's not that good because light-shield hitstun is different. I do know it's pretty good against Peach though. Fair->Dsmash won't work.
Yeah i think we should explore the world of light shielding. Can you shield graab out of it? Just the inputs as it probably wont have the range. Or like what do you recommend doing with light shield. And on those shield drops isnt it only effective if you get hit in shield?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
nah kage, I based it off that one time I played you at joe's house 3 years ago and went even with you

tm

Smash Ace
Absolutely, just watch Axe and aMSa. I talked to axe at super SWEET and he always shield drops from an angled shield (so if his shield is in neutral and he wants to shield drop, he will angle it to the side first). Once you have it angled you quickly drop the joystick to the 45 degree angle downwards. Some controllers have different sensitivity thresholds and will spotdodge at that position. In that case you will have to intentionally drop just short of the notch.

That can work but realistically it'd probably be better to hard shield and shield SDI to keep hitstun low and still move away from them. It doesn't really matter with peach because of how long dsmash lasts. Lightshield receives 1.5x shield stun iirc.

Superspright

Smash Lord
You can grab out of it, but you have to drop the Z button for a hard L press and A. I've done it a few times, and it works against people who are trigger happy, and against Peach's aerial->dsmash shenanigans (at least not getting sucked up by the legs). In some instances I was able to light-shield SDI away from her and jump OoS before her dsmash ended because I was pushed back so far.

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
3 years ago...

Totally relevant. ROFLMAO

Guys I beat Hungrybox in 2007. So I go even with him obviously

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
does anyone find that if you dash forward but in the middle of that immediately jump back you can do a jumping back bair? kind make them think you are going forward then all of a sudden that momentum carries you backwards? useful? or should i not even bother?

Last edited:

Clocked

Smash Apprentice
Yo is anyone going to any tournaments around NY anytime soon? Cause I'm ready to bop/get bopped (Probably the latter let's not be fooling ourselves here) by some people.

Renth

Smash Hero
talking about how we don't cg falco/fox/falcon. i cg them all day but nobody knows about me, so it doesn't matter =[

more ganondorfs need to down smash after side-b hits shield. ****'s so good.
cause derps try to shield grab. been doing this for yeeaaarrrsss

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
Can't they interrup that d smash right after they get hit in shield? Never really thought of that, want to try it out

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
chaingrabbing falcon wat. are they playing as level 1 cpu?

and i never thought of dsmash after sideb on shield. i dont think id be able to use it too much though.

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
I think it was ace who pointed out that ganon gets nothing really off his throws with falcon. Its his moves that can combo. Up throw to platform or throw off stage i can get.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Down-smash out of shield when Falcon side-b's your shield? is it fast? Cause I'm pretty sure hitting down on c-stick while in shield makes you spot-dodge. Can confirm Falcon is stupid to chain-grab. Just do follow up on him, it's almost not really worth. A second regrab is fine, but you can't really chaingrab him. His hitbox distorts too much.

Also that shield-drop while in shield is much easier than I thought, I just have to slightly hit the control stick in a downward angle, like just barely. Doing that into an up-air... omg it's really good. I want to use it more.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
wtf... ganon gets techchases all day long vs falcon. His grab punishment game is solid. He just can't cg him because falcon is too heavy and thus lags the dthrow limiting ganon's options following up. That, and, falcon flat out moves more (than say fox/falco) when he di's the throw and is too far to regrab. The chaingrab is impossible if he di's away, or behind at most percents.

Renth

Smash Hero
Down-smash out of shield when Falcon side-b's your shield? is it fast? Cause I'm pretty sure hitting down on c-stick while in shield makes you spot-dodge. Can confirm Falcon is stupid to chain-grab. Just do follow up on him, it's almost not really worth. A second regrab is fine, but you can't really chaingrab him. His hitbox distorts too much.

Also that shield-drop while in shield is much easier than I thought, I just have to slightly hit the control stick in a downward angle, like just barely. Doing that into an up-air... omg it's really good. I want to use it more.
You are misreading.

IF YOU SIDE B someone's shield. immediately down smash cause most people try to grab.

You can do a lot of stuff with down smash. Regrab, aerial punish, and my favorite that i haven't gotten recorded yet is.

Down smash, turn around down smash, turn around down smash combo. <-- yes it's a thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom