• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to make SUPER SMOOTH videos the easy way! - Adaptec GameBridge User Guide

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
I have one, and it works great on my computer (I run Vista :O). The only problem is that it doesn't play the sound when I'm playing. It just kinda stopped playing the sound one day. However, since then it's lagged less. Weird thing is that it still records the sound. Besides that, it's great, it only occasionally slows down. I'd like to get it set up as stated in this guide, though, so I can play off of tv's.

Ichida

Smash Ace
I have one, and it works great on my computer (I run Vista :O). The only problem is that it doesn't play the sound when I'm playing. It just kinda stopped playing the sound one day. However, since then it's lagged less. Weird thing is that it still records the sound. Besides that, it's great, it only occasionally slows down. I'd like to get it set up as stated in this guide, though, so I can play off of tv's.
I had that too. Just click somewhere off the IHV screen, as in make it the inactive program, then crank up your volume, even if it's already at max.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Don't think this has been answered, but has anyone got the recorded videos to work in Adobe Premiere CS3? I had a GameBridge a year ago or so, but I was using it to play games on my computer not to really record. The 30fps thing bothered me and I sold it. Thinking of getting it again if the videos can be editted in Premiere.

Oh also, can you do component output but split it to S-Video or Composite for the GameBridge?

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Im glad someone started discussion on the gamebridge, because I have a story filled with drama, tragedy, love and betrayal...

I bought a gamebridge 1400 and it works on my PS2 but not my wii...

and thats my story, anyone know how to fix this? ^_^

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I have had my gamebridge for a few years now, but I have a problem My screen is kinda getting a pixelated look? What's going on? I have a 1400...and it's annoying me...It's done this sometime but it isnt as clear anymore like it should be :(

It looks kinda fuzzy too...at times...is it my S-Video cables? Or is it my gamebridge?

I mean it works fine and all, just...like when you click smashbros on the menu, it's all pixely and such instead of clear amd it also looks jagged...

Not to mention the screen sometimes pauses for a split second and continues..

HUH!? The screenshots look perfectly fine but yet on my screen it looks pixelated...what the hell?

Edit: NEVERMIND I GOT IT WORK AGAIN :D I think after I turned a certain codec back on it went back to normal hurray.

Sito Sama

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know where to download this software, the link that was given previously no longer works. I didn't recieve a CD along with my gamebridge. Thanks in advance!

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
PC monitors are high res aka HD. SD TVs are not. I have my Wii going though my x1950xt and it looks pretty good, but I don't full screen it because it has the pixeladed look.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Couple of questions:

Is this still a reliable method to record videos?

I assume this works on laptops?

Does it work with Vista?

Thanks for the help.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i have the diamond VC500 and i record on a decent quality since the video card on the computer i capture on doesn't work well with AVI and DVD format.

if you want to see video quality here's one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sIWk4mFvqZs

that was recorded directly from my Wii, when i capture from cassette it gets kind of fuzzy on the sides but it may just be my VCR:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r8Uy5Q_JAA4

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
OMFG
everytime i try to install the software, it gets through the first installation
then the SECOND installation wizard pops up, and i try to install it and......

it gets half way through, then it says
"There was an error"
"The data is not valid"

WTF!?!? =/

it works on my friends comp >_>

Spife

Smash Master
i have the diamond VC500 and i record on a decent quality since the video card on the computer i capture on doesn't work well with AVI and DVD format.

if you want to see video quality here's one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sIWk4mFvqZs

that was recorded directly from my Wii, when i capture from cassette it gets kind of fuzzy on the sides but it may just be my VCR:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r8Uy5Q_JAA4
Is the quality always that...low? I don't mean to offend, I'm just spoiled on video quality :laugh: My friend has a game bridge and I have a MacBook, so I can capture video but I'd so much rather capture the video that's on screen then record it -__-
Are the brawl vids on your youtube acount captured the same way? I'd rather not spend 70-150 on a gamebridge (that may not work) if I could get what you ahve for a lot lot lot less.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I've had a gamebridge for years now.

My youtube channel has all of my brawl videos captured using this device.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kdr4485

My latest ones are the best quality I have so far...and the "high quality" button always helps.

In short, I'm not complaining about the quality I get with my gamebridge :D

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
Does the GB record videos by itself to be placed into a computer later, or does it have to be connected to a computer during the recording to record anything?

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
The Gamebridge does work with other systems. And the GameBridge has to be connected to a computer during the recording. You could always record the matches onto a tape using a VCR then record it from the VCR later though.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
The Gamebridge does work with other systems. And the GameBridge has to be connected to a computer during the recording. You could always record the matches onto a tape using a VCR then record it from the VCR later though.
Ok. Thanks. Yeah, I've been recording onto VCR but I wasn't sure what was the best way to get the matches onto my PC.

Top Bottom