• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to make SUPER SMOOTH videos the easy way! - Adaptec GameBridge User Guide

RICO SUAVE

Smash Rookie
Did you ever mention how you rerouted the save location of recorded files? I looked at the OP like 4 times and didn't see it after you said you would edit it in. I've tried figuring it out on my own to no avail so far. Any help would be appreciated.

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
i found my in my documents. It was in the sub folder videos and in the videos folder i found my stuff inside a folder called "recorded tv"

RICO SUAVE

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I found them but thats not really the problem for me. I use an external hard drive because I have no space on my internal hard drive and I don't know how to change the location to which the files are saved. If I could get them to go to my external it would make life a lot easier for me.

Also, when I recorded with friends the other day for ~3 hours, it stopped recording at about the 45 minute mark and there was a hiatus where it didn't do anything. It randomly (as far as I can tell) resumed recording in the middle of another match with no external stimulus, then cut out again at the 45 minute mark of this new session. What I was left with was two 45 minute blocks of footage with no clues as to why it didn't record all the way through or what prompted it to start back up for the second video. If anyone else has experienced this and could give me any advice it would be appreciated very much.

festizzio

Smash Champion
So if I were to record something from my gamecube or Wii using my VCR, let's say at a friend's house, then go back to my house and play the vhs tape while the VCR is hooked up to the computer using gamebridge, how would that work?

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Your monitor would just act like a T.V. and display what's on the tape. From there you can record your matches. Recording to a vhs tape then recording to my computer is what I do, so it should work fine for you as well.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
telling people that my name is pronouced "Typ
by "SUPER SMOOTH", do you mean it actually has more frames per second? or that it's jsut not laggy?

btw, if you're going for really incredible quality, you're doing almost every step of the video-making process wrong. Check some of the hrc videos i've made, and compare quality...www.ronyan.com/tipohrc

btw, the great quality ones are the files with .mp4, not the .mpeg ones.

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
I hate to ask a question that I feel has already been answered but, I couldn't find it. Does the game bridge work the same way for the Wii compared to any other console?

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
by "SUPER SMOOTH", do you mean it actually has more frames per second? or that it's jsut not laggy?

btw, if you're going for really incredible quality, you're doing almost every step of the video-making process wrong. Check some of the hrc videos i've made, and compare quality...www.ronyan.com/tipohrc

btw, the great quality ones are the files with .mp4, not the .mpeg ones.
Chances are "Not laggy".

Its decent at what it does...not the "best"...but for $15 ( or at least that how much mine cost ) it does the job QUITE well.

...not meant for Stage6 videos...more youtube then anything else...

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
I don't suppose this is compatible with a Macintosh compy?

I have bootcamp just in case, but still curious to know.

Doval

Smash Lord
I have a couple of questions.

See, I want to record Brawl footage. No surprise there. But more so than recording actual matches, I'd like to get frame data since there's no Action Replay for Wii. Because of that, it's very important to me that there's no slowdowns or speed-ups or frame skipping. You guys said the GameBridge can record at 60 FPS earlier, right?

Now, this isn't entirely specific to the GameBridge but I figure it's not entirely off-topic. I'm rather new at this so I just want to make sure: recording from VHS won't hurt the framerate, right? I.e. it'll still be a 60FPS video file when it's done recording? Finally, does encoding have any impact whatsoever on the file's framerate, or is it just the image quality that gets affected when encoding?

This product looks almost too good to be true, since it's so cheap and I'm interested only in recording from video game consoles and nothing else. Just making sure it'll serve my purposes before running out to buy one. Thanks in advance.

Oh, yeah, if I'm ONLY interested in recording video game footage, don't need high-definition video as long as the FPS is good and money weren't an issue, would you recommend buying this over a capture card? Just wondering how they compare.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
arite, i'm not sure if this has been mentioned before or not, so i'm going to ask.. because i'm curious.

Okay, so.. i've owned gamebridge for acouple months now, i was using it on my XP computer, worked fine, no questions about that. But once i bought my new computer, a vista... i had installed gamebridge on that also, [which i understand, it says that it is not compatible with vista] but, a friend did something, and got it workign on my vista computer, i had ALSO installed an older version of itunes onto that same computer, about a week later, the computer crashed... it would say that the computer was not picking up signal from the monitor, stuff like that.. so i was pretty confused, i didn't know what it was. I return the computer, and got the one i'm using right now, same model [ew vista...] I found out some things about older versions of itunes, messing up vista... so that COULD be the problem on what happened with my other computer, so i downloaded the newer version, and to this day, no problems with this computer. Now, i'm looking at gamebridge that's just collecting dust by my wii, and i'm afraid to install it back onto this computer, so.. if anyone could help me, and tell me if it will damage the computer if i install it, making it work with vista. If so.. hey, anyone wanna buy a gamebridge? :$

ty :]

Agenie04991

Smash Cadet
One quick question, when I play through the GameBridge, sometimes the audio gets desynched, is there any way to fix that? It's not super important, but it's one of those annoying things that I's like to get fixed.

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
@3x_pi3_r0w:

So you SOMEHOW got itunes on your comp because you installed a GameBridge?...

That sounds like hax to me >_<;;

Also I do not use itunes so I have no clue if that could effect it...>_>;;

Just use XP with it...Vista's a big no no as the program has yet to get updated...at ALL so ya...

@Agenie04991:
Ether record at higher quality or use a moive editor to resyic the sound. I always do everything at "Best" and downgrade from there...Yet "Better" never gave me sound problems...that was always on "Good"...

@Doval:
Check out my Youtube account....All my vids are done with a GameBridge with the system plugged into it while playing ( i.e. yes I DO have a Wii senser Bar on top of my monitor =p ) so a direct feed is BEST. VHS is iffy... I've recorded stuff with it and it comes out VERY washed out just on the tape itself...the GameBridge would just hurt it more...If doing VHS, use a capture card so that the quality doesn't degrade anymore...

http://www.youtube.com/user/lipucd

The first one is the .mpeg directly uploaded...the others are though DivX compression. I think from that you can get an "idea" of the quality you'll see...IF not I can ALWAYS upload a few sample here to show it off ;)

Ichida

Smash Ace
Where did you order it from? I am having a hard time finding one.
I saw a bunch up on eBay. That's where I got mine. The guy I bought mine from won't be shipping anything else until April though, so make sure it's someone other than "Slickdealguy/Crazydealguy."

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Anyone know a good program that can somehow raise volume on videos digitally? My crt is weird with its volume and if I don't raise it REALLY high up the gamebridge won't even pick it up and I get no sound on my videos :[.

Sagem

Smash Rookie
Alright so Im Swedish. I own an american wii. (And a PAL wii)

I've tryed everything to record from my NTSC wii without sucseeding it works to record from my PAL wii but not from my NTSC wii. So latley I've been wondering about importing one of these gamebridges from Amazon but the price is $99! Anyone knows about a cheaper site that will ship outside of America?

_kSo_

Smash Master
I have been getting many complaints about the Game Bridge being more expensive than I had originally said it was.

here are the facts
- When I originally posted this thread, the Game Bridge was indeed at the price I indicated ($12-14)
- Over time, prices of products DO go up. It is called inflation.
- I have discontinued looking for cheaper Game Bridges because I have one already and the purpose of this guide was for people to record videos more easily.
- If anyone knows of a place to purchase a cheaper Game Bridge, please let us know if you so desire.
- If anyone PMs me complaining that the Game Bridge they found online is more expensive than I had posted, I will ignore it and disregard any other questions you may have asked within that PM.

That is all.

Ichida

Smash Ace
I haven't found a method, but it sends them to a folder inside My Videos; I see no problem with that.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
That would prove to be really really annoying. See, I can only hold around an hours worth of stuff until it stops. It'll stop in the middle of a match.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Matches last between 3 and 8 minutes on average. `nuff said. Either count the minutes or get a bigger hard drive. Your choice.

Top Bottom