• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to make SUPER SMOOTH videos the easy way! - Adaptec GameBridge User Guide

Spife

Smash Master
does anyone know of any video capture cards for Macs (could be a dumb question) i was just curious
The cheepest option is to use the webcame that I hope came with your laptop >.>
What I did though, was run boot camp and game bridge. Works fine, and that's my advice if you want to record.

Spife

Smash Master
Can the gamebridge only work for a PC?
It's a windows program. I don't know enough, of anything really, so I can't speak for Linux or Mac directly, but I do use boot camp on my Mac and it works fine. The battery goes out fast though so keep that in mind when you're making the decision to purchase or not.

Still don't know about vista, sorry.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
How can you get a hold of boot camp? I looked it up and it said that it should come with the new Mac OS X, which I have.

Spife

Smash Master
How can you get a hold of boot camp? I looked it up and it said that it should come with the new Mac OS X, which I have.
It's a program, nothing special. Just download it if you don't already have it.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
does the gamebridge work with pal60? I've had a lot of problems with a bunch of capture devices such as it being black and white, the screen splitting and having a black line in the middle

I was recommended leadtek pxdtv 2300h for an internal capture card because my friend was 100% sure that worked with pal60, but the gamebridge looks easy and more portable

Spife

Smash Master
::Attention Vista Users::
I spoke with Desh today (a Canadian smasher) he has a laptop, running Vista, that runs gamebridge no problem. I'm sure you can find him on the boards and I'm sure he DOES-NOT want to be spammed with questions. If he happens to find this thread (that is, if he hasn't already) then you can spam the questions. I don't know any of the specifics but I just know it worked. Yay.

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
Lol@me getting bored in class and searching my name.
Anyways yo.
It works.
Hi spife.

Spife

Smash Master
Hi Desh, this is why I don't recognize your name, it is cause you run under Fyasko, or were you banned on a nother account?

Spife

Smash Master
Good **** desh. Maybe next time we meet up you can teach me how to get my account banned :bee:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yes almost all do. it depends on your system specs. if u wanna post ur processor and ram, i can give u a rough approximate if itl work

Desh

Smash Ace
processor needs to be at least 1.6 ghz
iirc.
ram, i'd say 512 is pushing it.
laptops work better than desktops for obvious reasons such as accessibility,
i doubt anyone would want to lug around a tv/ desktop to record =p.

but GB wont run on anything less then 1.6ghz processor, and there isnt really a specific amount of ram needed, but yeah =/ .

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
So I noticed that playing live is really laggy with my game bridge. If I just play the replay through my gamebridge and record that will it work better?

Spife

Smash Master
So I noticed that playing live is really laggy with my game bridge. If I just play the replay through my gamebridge and record that will it work better?
What ever works for you, just as log as you can save the match. It might be bothersome for you later. how is it laggy though? I only experience lag when playing on the laptop and it's a few frames at worst (give or take 30).

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
I tried playing brawl live on my monitor with gamebridge hooked up and it felt like I was playing online. Moves were registering almost a full second late. I assume if I just record the replays then that won't happen because it is supposed to replay exactly what happened in the original match. I also got my gamebridge off of woot 2 years ago. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Eljin

Smash Ace
k k, im slow nd I was hoping this thread didnt have many pages (2 lazy 2 read thru 2 see if the ? im gonna ask was already answered) but where do i purchase GB, (plz say like a gamestop or sumthin along those lines) prays 2 the Creation Guru himself that its not online.

Spife

Smash Master
k k, im slow nd I was hoping this thread didnt have many pages (2 lazy 2 read thru 2 see if the ? im gonna ask was already answered) but where do i purchase GB, (plz say like a gamestop or sumthin along those lines) prays 2 the Creation Guru himself that its not online.
google.com will help with ever so much.
The short answer though, is that it's online.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I need help guys. I've used Gamebridge for almost every video I've made. It's always worked.

I was trying to upload videos today but when I opened the intervideo program only the video option shows up. Not the TV or GAMEBRIDGE options.

The gamebridge is showing up on my computer and the computer recognizes it so I don't know what's going on.

Usually when this happens though I either restart my computer or plug it into a different USB slot. that didn't work either

Anyone know what's going on?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Try a different program like Windows Media Encoder (there's a guide in this section for how to use it) and see if that works. Whether it does or not will help me narrow down the problem you're having with intervideo.

Spife

Smash Master
@ GIMR: If I read right, you're saying when you plug in your game bridge the "gamebridge" option isn't coming up yah?
I had this issue once, you have to go to the set up, and under one of the options there's a drop box that doesn't say adapt-tec game bridge, make sure it does say that. THis occurs (I find) when you unplug the device or close the lap top before closing the program.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
@Chibo: I'll try windows Media encoder.

@ Spife I opened the settings program for interhomevideo. One of the options lets you change the brightness and contrast of the video. This option displays what interhomevideo would see if it was working properle

I was able to see and play Brawl through this(Meaning the computer recognized the GameBridge) but, InterhomeVideo doesn't let me see it or record it.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Hmmm... would it be possible to get live stream of Smash set up (on ustream.tv) using GameBridge?
I'm not quite sure how ustream.tv works but from what I do know, it sounds like the gamebridge would definitely be able to handle something like that.

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I was wondering if this is the cheapest way to do this, cause I'm saving my money, and don't want to spend near $100 just so I could put two or three videos up on youtube. If there is another way, thanks in advanced.

GuruKid

Smash Ace

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
can someone help me out? i was wondering what the name of the cord is that connects from the usb port to the gamebridge 1410. I want to purchase a new one online, but i can't find the name.

also: does anyone know if any other software packages work other than intervideo. I can't seem to get my computer to detect the gamebridge device.

Thanks.

errant

Smash Rookie
can someone help me out? i was wondering what the name of the cord is that connects from the usb port to the gamebridge 1410. I want to purchase a new one online, but i can't find the name.

also: does anyone know if any other software packages work other than intervideo. I can't seem to get my computer to detect the gamebridge device.

Thanks.

I believe it's a mini-usb cable. If you have a usb cable that connects to a phone or something, try that, as it might be the same type.

As for your second question, I don't know of any other software, but what OS are you using? It took me a lot of fiddling to get it working with vista. You could also just try reinstalling it, if you haven't already.

Are you using AV cables? If you're using AV cables then you don't want S-Video...
I didn't even plug in any cables. I just found GameBridge like this after I installed it. (And I restarted after installing)

Top Bottom