• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of your 6 most wanted characters got in ?

ObsidianFH

Smash Rookie
1. Skull Kid
2. Palutena
3. Ghirahim
4. Bowser Jr.
5. Robin

6. Revamped 'Dorf

Side-note: I'm a big Dark Pit fan and I wanted him in the game, but I was almost certain that he wouldn't happen. I'm one of the very few who's happy that he got in.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
My most wanted evolved quite a bit.
K Rool
Toad
Duck Hunt Dog
Isaac
Vaati
Megaman
Pacman
Bomberman

Though, if I had thought Koopa Kids had a shot, they would have beaten out Toad, or at least tied.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

0. :4greninja:
1. Bandana Waddle Dee
2. Ridley
3. Sceptile

4. Dark Pit
5. Bowser Jr.
6. Duck Hunt

That leak was pretty dang kind to me. And its ok if I use zero, right? He was my most wanted after playing X and Y.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Newcomers:

1. Paper Mario (stage and content being in the game is almost as good though)
2. King K. Rool (I honestly believe he needs to appear in a new DK game to stand a chance now. A shame as he's my favourite Nintendo villain.)
3. Shulk (Yipee!)
4. Black Shadow (I never thought he was likely. Unfortunately F-Zero's inactivity means he is more of a pipedream. Maybe next time, if we're lucky)
5. Dixie Kong (I thought she would be in but apparently not. Very unlikely she'll be seen for this game)
6. Ridley

Veterans:

1. Wolf (Uargh)
2. Jigglypuff (Hopefully she's good again. Original 12 cannot die)
3. Captain Falcon (I never doubted his inclusion)
4. Ganondorf (It would have been tragic had he been cut)
5. ROB (fun and goofy obscure character. Love it)
6. Dr. Mario (biggest surprise of the leaked roster by far for me)

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
1. Little Mac
2. Chrom
3. Palutena
4. Ridley
5. Shulk
6. Dixie Kong

3/6, not bad

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
1) Greninja :4greninja:
2) Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
3) Palutena :4palutena:
4) Shadow the Hedgehog
5) Rosalina:rosalina:
6) Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia)

50%, not to shabby.
:201h::201y::201p::201e: :201i::201s: :201r::201e::201a::201l:

Kokopops

Smash Rookie
1. Dixie Kong
2. Palutena
3. Megaman
4. Ridley
5. Tetra
6. Little Mac

3 out of 10.. that's okay, I guess.

D

Deleted member

My list pre-E3 2013:
1. Mega Man (:4megaman:)
2. Mewtwo
3. King K. Rool
4. Deoxys
5. Ray MK II (Custom Robo)
6. Geno

1/6.

While Deoxys, Geno, and Ray were never realistic options, I really did believe that King K. Rool and Mewtwo were almost a shoe-in for this game. Turns out I got burned badly by their no show and I don't expect either to be DLC (though here's to hoping K. Rool shows up in SSB6). At least I did end up getting my most wanted character, which was enough to win me over SSB 3DS & Wii U. But considering the roster's outcome defied my expectations (in both good and bad ways) and there's zero indication that any Nintendo additions got in due to fan demand, I consider Mega Man extremely lucky to be here.

I also did get a few more characters I wanted that were lower on my list; those being Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog. Robin was a character I was interested in, but I didn't start taking interest in him until after Rosalina's confirmation. I buried the thought of Robin when Chrom showed up on the Gematsu leak, but thankfully the Gematsu leak was outdated so I was very pleased to see Robin get in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
1. Lucina
2. Ridley
3. Shulk
4. Miis
5. Palutena
6. Little Mac

5/6. Not bad. And we still don't know if Ridley is in or not. So potentially 6/6.

tommykittycat

Smash Rookie
NNID
tommykittycat
3DS FC
3823-8531-0161
1. Villager - Yes
2. Toad - No (A little disappointed that Rosalina AND Bowser Jr got in over him but whatever, they both look fun.)
3. Chrom - No (Although, I'm very happy with Robin and plan to main him.)
4. Meowth - No (Why couldn't you have been in 64?)
5. Little Mac - Yes
6. Andy - No

2/6, Not too bad considering I never really expected half of them to make it. Out of the characters that I wanted that didn't make it, Toad is the only one that I really believe has a shot at future Smash games. That said, I'm really happy with the newcomers we got this time around. Most of them are unique and they all look fun to play.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
#1 Geno
#2 Masked Man

#3 Megaman
#4 Bomberman
#5 King K Rool (or Dixie)
#6 Ridley

Still holding out... I think King & Ridley have great odds... the rest I severely doubt.

Last edited:

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
0/6

1. K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Bandana Dee
4. Mach Rider
5. Ray Mk anything
6. M&M:troll:

BertholdtFubar

Smash Cadet
K. Rool
Ridley
Mewtwo
Lucina
Dixie Kong
Bowser Jr.

2/6 so far. Hope still remains for at least a few of the remaining 4.

Morbi

Scavenger
Rosalina
Little Mac
Palutena
Robin
Lucina
Dark Pit (Presumably)

I did not even realize that every single one of my top 6 is in the game. No wonder I am content with this roster. To be fair, Black Shadow was on my most wanted list before the Dark Pit tease/Lucina reveal.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
1. Greninja
2. Little Mac
3. Shulk
4. Mega Man
5. Takamaru
6. Ghirahim

Most got in as playable. While the other 2 are in, they aren't playable. So I say good show.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Midna with or without Wolf Link
Ghriahim
Dark Samus

Rundas

Well, these have been a sad trip so far, lol. Gotta keep up the hope tho!

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
1. Robin
2. Isaac
3. Black Knight
4. Andy
5. Alph
6. Young Link/Happy Mask Salesman/Skull Kid

So I got 1.7 of my 6. Granted only 2 of my other 4 are reasonable (and even Andy is a stretch. Isaac is borderline.) So I don't get who I want, but I'm also not dissapointed because I didn't expect much. I do love the roster either way though.

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I can't say I had any real "list" of newcomers I really wanted - I was pretty content to just see what was added and choose favorites based on that.

But, I did have a vague sense of some characters I've wanted so uh

1. Palutena
2. Chorus Kids/Rhythm Heaven Rep(?)
3. Rosalina
4. Shulk
5. Paper Mario
6. Lucina

So I guess 4/6 (potentially 5, maybe) isn't bad at all, especially considering they were just sort of vague wants rather than me straight up cheering for them to get in. :)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
1. Jigglypuff
2. Tails
3. Delphox
4. Klonoa
5. Chris Redfeild
6. Ryu

Only Jigglypuff got confirmed via leak, but im very positive that none of the other 4 are going to get in the game.

Last edited:

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
Isaac
Daisy
Phoenix Wright
Mewtwo
Villager
Black Mage

So far just Villager. That said, there have been so many characters that I never expected, such as Robin and Rosalina, that I'm pretty happy anyway.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
List from waaay back in June 2013;
  1. Mii
  2. Villager
  3. Mega Man
  4. Pac-Man
  5. Dr. Mario
  6. Bowser Jr.
CALLED IT

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Bolded = Confirmed
Strike = Disconfirmed
Normal Text = Undecided

1.Mega Man - One of my favorite video game series and one of the most recognizable non-Nintendo mascots on Nintendo platforms. I feel he was the perfect Capcom rep for a Nintendo crossover game. No other Capcom character honestly fits better, not even Phoenix Wright or Ryu. So happy he got in!

2. Mewtwo - Been missing in action since Melee. He is one of my favorite Pokemon and it saddened me that he got cut in Brawl. He's the series' only playable legendary Pokemon and he's one of the more recognizable ones too. So I really do hope he comes back, I feel he has a bit of a chance, even as DLC.

3. Mii - I always wanted customizable characters through the use of Miis. And Mii Fighters surpassed my expectations greatly. I feel they'd add a lot to this game. They were honestly one of the more logical choices than most of the newcomers if you ask me.

4. Rhythm Heaven rep - An overlooked series that really deserves a shot in the roster. They add so many out-there characters in the series, so I feel it's logical that Rhythm Heaven could work. I don't care who gets in, as long as it's an interesting choice. I'd LOVE to see their movesets being rhythm based, like say... if you attack to the rhythm, your attacks gets more successful or something? Chorus Kids being part of the planning documents gives me hope, I hope they do actually make it to the roster...

5. Palutena - I wanted her and Medusa or Hades in the game. The KI:U cast was great and given how well the game turned out and how much it sold, it was a no brainer we would get a new KI:U rep. I feel that Palutena fit the bill the most out of everyone else. She was the secondary protagonist and a very great one at that. She would sooner get in than before Viridi, Hades and even Medusa.

6. Pac-Man - He is THE Namco mascot. No one else fits the bill. Not Klonoa, not Lloyd, not Tekken, not Soul Calibur. Pac-Man belongs to Nintendo more than the rest of them do. Given both Pac-Man's and Donkey Kong's deep arcade roots, seeing them in a crossover makes a lot of sense. He really fits the Nintendo theme in a similar way Mega Man does, although Pac-Man was far more multiplat than Mega Man is, he wasn't exactly associated with the NES. With that said, Pac-Man wasn't a character I wanted badly, but would like to have.

Notshauna

Smash Cadet
1) Ridley
2) Impa
3) Mewtwo
4) Rosalina (I would of likely been interested in her addition if I was thinking of smash at the time)
5) Rundas/Sylux (preferably Rundas but Sylax is more likely)
6) Totally out of left field but Chandra from Magic the Gathering (I just want magical style fighters)

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
sadly only one of them have and 2 (maybe 3) are pending

1. Ridley(pending)
2. Isaac(pending)
3. Mewtwo(possibly pending)
4. K. Rool
5. Megaman

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
1. Isaac
2. Villager
3. Paper Mario
4. Lucina
5. Mewtwo
6. Roy

Hard to say at this point... Not a single one of them is actually deconfirmed, but I would say that the two I striked and italicized are pretty much out at this point.

Just give me Isaac and Mewtwo and I'll be happy. Roy as DLC would be awesome, too. Although I think Lucina will be more fun for me.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
1) Professor Layton
2) Chrom
3) Greninja
4) Shulk
5)
Palutena
6) Megaman

Pretty good results overall. Now if only my top 2 ended up in the roster, but oh well. I'll get used to this.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
My most wanted list is kind of weird. I always had two. A list of characters that I would be utterly upset had they not made the cut based on principle, and a list of characters that I wanted for possibilities. Due to this characters that I saw as Guarantees never made my most wanted lists because I would be willing to bet money they would make the cut anyways.

Top 6 Characters I figured Would make it in and really wanted:
Little Mac
Mega Man
Pac Man
Miis
Palutena
Villager.
6/6 so far.
That list extends to include:
Bowser Jr.
Isaac
K.Rool
Mewtwo
Ridley
7/11 overall

Characters I REALLY wanted in but wouldn't be surprised if they did not make the cut:
Robin
Wonder Red
Shulk
Paper Mario
Bomberman
Goku
2/6 so far

-Isaac is still up in the air. If he is not an assist he is definitely going to be DLC I think.
-Paper Mario and Wonder Red are not flat out deconfirmed but It is obvious at this point that their only chances are DLC
-Mewtwo's chances are looking good
-K.Rool is a Rumored Boss
-Ridley is an enigma atm
-I never had much faith in Bomberman being in but a man could dream.
-Goku's chances have been killed thanks to DHD taking the retro spot.

The only major letdown so far for me is Wonder Red not being in. He would have been amazing. I don't mind that GOku is not in. DHD is a well deserving retro rep. Now the only other Retro I can think of that could stand in Goku's way fairly (that is not an assist or enemy) is Mach Rider. So hopefully he will make it in as DLC or in the next smash. Same goes for Paper Mario. I can see why Bowser Jr. and Rosalina were chosen and I wanted Bowser Jr. anyways. Now his only major competition is Daisy, Geno, and Captain Toad. out of those Paper MArio seems the most likely if MArio ever gets another rep in smash or a future game.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Let's see...

1 - Mega Man (Check)
2 - Ridley
3 - Dixie Kong (Denied)
4 - Impa
5 - Rosalina (Check)
6 - Palutena (Check)

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Shulk (Yes!)
Mewtwo (We'll see)
Toad (why does Sakurai hate the guy who is by far the most deserving Nintendo character not yet in the game?)
Mega Man (Yes!)
Little Mac (Yes!)
Robin (Yes!)

So yeah, great roster for me. Actually these six were the only characters I cared about making it in period. I like guys like Ridley, Isaac and K. Rool fine, but it really doesn't bother me if they make it into the game or not. This is not counting characters like Bomberman, Phoenix Wright or Banjo Kazooie, who I love but knew they never had a shot so never really got invested in their chances.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I got little mac...

and Probably Koopa-lings.

And I'll say Mega Man is huge for me.

No Vaati.
No Advance Wars Rep
No Medusa

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Well...

Palutena's in.

Mega Man's in.

Shulk's in.

Ridley's... a rather odd issue.

As is Mewtwo.

K. Rool I'm pretty sure isn't in.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Megaman
K Rool
Dixie
Lyn
Krystal
Ashley

So only one of mines got in. Sucks that i only care about c level characters(other then megaman) But thats only because the other characters i really care about are already vets(Peach,Sheik.Charizard,Zss and Diddy)

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
1. Dixie Kong
2. Little Mac
3. Duck Hunt dog
4. King K. Rool
5. Pac-Man
6. Mii

Still waiting on two of them...

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
1. Mewtwo
2. Ridley
3. King K. Rool
4. Little Mac
5. Villager (Initially Tom Nook but Villager is awesome)
6. Shulk

I'm currently sitting at 3/6, but I'm still optimistic about Mewtwo's return.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
My most wanted list is kind of weird. I always had two. A list of characters that I would be utterly upset had they not made the cut based on principle, and a list of characters that I wanted for possibilities. Due to this characters that I saw as Guarantees never made my most wanted lists because I would be willing to bet money they would make the cut anyways.

Top 6 Characters I figured Would make it in and really wanted:
Little Mac
Mega Man
Pac Man
Miis
Palutena
Villager.
6/6 so far.
That list extends to include:
Bowser Jr.
Isaac
K.Rool
Mewtwo
Ridley
7/11 overall

Characters I REALLY wanted in but wouldn't be surprised if they did not make the cut:
Robin
Wonder Red
Shulk
Paper Mario
Bomberman
Goku
2/6 so far

-Isaac is still up in the air. If he is not an assist he is definitely going to be DLC I think.
-Paper Mario and Wonder Red are not flat out deconfirmed but It is obvious at this point that their only chances are DLC
-Mewtwo's chances are looking good
-K.Rool is a Rumored Boss
-Ridley is an enigma atm
-I never had much faith in Bomberman being in but a man could dream.
-Goku's chances have been killed thanks to DHD taking the retro spot.

The only major letdown so far for me is Wonder Red not being in. He would have been amazing. I don't mind that GOku is not in. DHD is a well deserving retro rep. Now the only other Retro I can think of that could stand in Goku's way fairly (that is not an assist or enemy) is Mach Rider. So hopefully he will make it in as DLC or in the next smash. Same goes for Paper Mario. I can see why Bowser Jr. and Rosalina were chosen and I wanted Bowser Jr. anyways. Now his only major competition is Daisy, Geno, and Captain Toad. out of those Paper MArio seems the most likely if MArio ever gets another rep in smash or a future game.
I am so glad I knew who you actually meant by Goku lol

Top Bottom