• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How about Boo?

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
That's ture, although he has been a playable character several times over.
also true, but he's a GENERIC ENEMY,a side character, a minor and optional character, and doesn't have a huge fanbase. If there were any generic enemy characters from the mario series to get in, either Hammer Bros. or Shy Guy's. Why, you ask? their movesets are awesome compared to boo's. Boo is another choice, besides Dry Bones.

In the games that he was a playable character, he was never a major character in the roles that he starred in. They(people) only play as Boo, because it's something different, and gives them another character besides mario, luigi, peach, toad, yoshi, etc.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
also true, but he's a GENERIC ENEMY,a side character, a minor and optional character, and doesn't have a huge fanbase. If there were any generic enemy characters from the mario series to get in, either Hammer Bros. or Shy Guy's. Why, you ask? their movesets are awesome compared to boo's. Boo is another choice, besides Dry Bones.

In the games that he was a playable character, he was never a major character in the roles that he starred in. They(people) only play as Boo, because it's something different, and gives them another character besides mario, luigi, peach, toad, yoshi, etc.
Yeah, that's pretty much the way it is.

And that's also why I said King Boo would be mroe likely.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
I think theres already way to many charcaters in the mario universe. Maybe if he were to replace luigi, or yoshi, it would work. ut hes njust not that significant.

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
I think theres already way to many charcaters in the mario universe. Maybe if he were to replace luigi, or yoshi, it would work. ut hes njust not that significant.
why would you want to replace a major character with a HUGE fanbase, with a minor and optional character, also known as boo? that's an utter waste of time!

Yoshi started out in Super Mario World for the SNES, but then went on to his own series. If you pay enough attention, and look at his icon, it's an egg, representing Yoshi's Island.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Wait, what? What's all this talk about getting rid of tha Yosh?

You know that's like...impossible, right? Hahaha. Okay, just making sure.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Replace... Luigi...

What are you out of your mind? O_O

Yeah, I know that post is old, but whatever.

The Brawler

Smash Apprentice
To me Boo would just be another Kirby and Sort of Giggly puff but i woulnt mind cause we do have many of the same people.. already in ssbm like Link and Young link wow their quite differnt right. (sike) and than Marth and Roy they just LOOK differnt.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
which boo, (majin boo, evil boo, super boo, super boo gohan absorbed, super boo gotenks absorbed, kid boo, oob, majoob, chibi-boo, ssj boo, majin boo, evil boo, super boo, super boo gohan absorbed, super boo gotenks absorbed, kid boo, oob, majoob, chibi-boo, ssj boo, majin boo, evil boo, super boo, super boo gohan absorbed, super boo gotenks absorbed, kid boo, oob, majoob, chibi-boo, ssj boo, majin boo, evil boo, super boo, super boo gohan absorbed, super boo gotenks absorbed, kid boo, oob, majoob, chibi-boo, ssj boo, majin boo, evil boo, super boo, super boo gohan absorbed, super boo gotenks absorbed, kid boo, oob, majoob, chibi-boo, ssj boo, majin boo, evil boo, super boo, super boo gohan absorbed, super boo gotenks absorbed, kid boo, oob, majoob, chibi-boo, ssj boo, majin boo, evil boo, super boo, super boo gohan absorbed, super boo gotenks absorbed, kid boo, oob, majoob, chibi-boo, ssj boo, majin boo, evil boo, super boo, super boo gohan absorbed, super boo gotenks absorbed, kid boo, oob, majoob, chibi-boo, ssj boo, majin boo, evil boo, super boo, super boo gohan absorbed, super boo gotenks absorbed, kid boo, oob, majoob, chibi-boo, ssj boo, majin boo, evil boo, super boo, super boo gohan absorbed, super boo gotenks absorbed, kid boo, oob, majoob, chibi-boo, ssj boo, majin boo, evil boo, super boo, super boo gohan absorbed, super boo gotenks absorbed, kid boo, oob, majoob, chibi-boo, ssj boo, majin boo, evil boo, super boo, super boo gohan absorbed, super boo gotenks absorbed, kid boo, oob, majoob, chibi-boo, ssj boo, majin boo, evil boo, super boo, super boo gohan absorbed, super boo gotenks absorbed, kid boo, oob, majoob, chibi-boo, ssj boo, )

JGTC

Smash Cadet
Sorry, but I think Fulgore has better odds in my honest opinion. Not that he has any chance whatsoever, friggin Mortal Kombat.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
To me Boo would just be another Kirby and Sort of Giggly puff but i woulnt mind cause we do have many of the same people.. already in ssbm like Link and Young link wow their quite differnt right. (sike) and than Marth and Roy they just LOOK differnt.
I don't think there will be any clones in this game. I believe Sakurai said he doesn't want any.

Tanea

Smash Ace
No No No No No No No Sorry Im Emotinonal And I Think That They Should Add Petey Pirahan Or Birdo First

sorry it's how i feel don't flame me

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
Boo would just increase the Mario theme characters to OVER 9000!!!!
AT Boo is a O.k. idea, not as a playable character.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Boo has no legs, is there any of the smash fighters that have no legs or feet of some sort? I don't think so. So Boo as an ASSIST TROPHY For the Win.

Just face the truth: no legs, no feet, no playie in Smashie.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Boo has no legs, is there any of the smash fighters that have no legs or feet of some sort? I don't think so. So Boo as an ASSIST TROPHY For the Win.

Just face the truth: no legs, no feet, no playie in Smashie.
I don't know, but that logic sounds rather strange to me. Not that I see Boo as a playable character, but I don't see that requirement. It sounds like "characters can't stand on four feet". Which was just thrown out the window with the inclusion of Ivysaur.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I don't know, but that logic sounds rather strange to me. Not that I see Boo as a playable character, but I don't see that requirement. It sounds like "characters can't stand on four feet". Which was just thrown out the window with the inclusion of Ivysaur.
It is just that because how exactly is Boo jumping. And most characters kick. And Boo is a species, too generic. 0% on the Playable, High chances on the AT spot. I wasn't trying to make it sound like the 4 feet rule. But i just can't imagine why people are wanting him playable in this when they're going ot be disappointed if they find out he is not in or is a Assist Trophy or background character or an SubS Emiss Enemy.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It is just that because how exactly is Boo jumping. And most characters kick. And Boo is a species, too generic. 0% on the Playable, High chances on the AT spot. I wasn't trying to make it sound like the 4 feet rule. But i just can't imagine why people are wanting him playable in this when they're going ot be disappointed if they find out he is not in or is a Assist Trophy or background character or an SubS Emiss Enemy.
I'm sure he could jump, but I agree with your other things. Boos are just generic enemies in the Mario series.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Yes, there are alot of Mario characters, but that doesnt mean they cant add one or two more, right?

I think King Boo (notice the "King", non-generic) would be a great addition alongside Toad and Bowser Jr.

Simply classic.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Honestly, I think Petey Piranha would get in before King Boo.

King Boo was appearing in various Mario games like Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine, and Mario Kart. But after that King Boo disappeared. Petey on other hand kept appearing in Mario games. Mario and Luigi, New Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Tennis, Soccer, and Galaxy all feature Petey. And I'm sure what other games have Mario in it will have Petey following behind. If they kept on working with King Boo then I would say its possible but they gave up on him and kept Petey.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
I think king boo as a PCwould be cool, i like the general boo idea but yea a normal boo is too generic. I see them as enemies in the new adventure mode though, and you'd have to fight them like you do in the mario games too.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Boo would suck. He is a floating white scary Jigglypuff.
Yeah, and he's generic too.
I know King Boo isn't generic, but still, Boo's just aren't original.
Mario has enough characters too, Mario, Peach, Bowser, Luigi, and probably Bowser Jr. or Geno. (Because Toad is deconfirmed.)

bluepeach

Smash Cadet
I love your move-set! I'm totally won over. I think Boo would be a GREAT character for brawl. I would only hope there is a pink boo option as well.

SonicMario

Smash Master
i love boo and i think he perfect for brawl, if not original boo than DEFINATELY king boo

i would be so much happier with him in without a doubt!
I love your move-set! I'm totally won over. I think Boo would be a GREAT character for brawl. I would only hope there is a pink boo option as well.
Boo or King Boo will be a playable character yeah... WHEN PIGS FLY.

Boo or King Boo has chances of being playable in Brawl?... MY FOOT

or
?...

YEAH RIGHT

The Big 7 (Toad is in the Big 8 but he is deconfirmed) is enough. If Sakauri is smart, he will make Boo and/or King Boo an AT at most. Do i have to repeat it again?:mad:

(Credit to Wiseguy if he comes around here)

Top Bottom