• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How about Boo?

KAN

Smash Cadet
Hi! First post at smashboards. ^^

I searched the thread titles and didn´t find a thread about Boo (or King Boo). Don´t you think, he would be awesome, too?

Here´s my reasoning, why there is a possibility that he´s in:

- Boos were in mostly every Mario game. There´s hardly a villain, who is as continious reappearing in the games as them.
- Also, Boos are villains with their very own special character traits. They are not loyal sidekicks but rather they´re doing it becuase of the fun of it: there are friendly Boos, too
- Boos have been in many Mario Sports Games as MKDD, Mario Party, Mario Tennis etc.
- Boo would have another unique fighting style
- finally: He´s cool.

The only problem to solve is his ability to float, but that wouldn´t be the problem. There´s not much what prevents him from being in Brawl...

Discuss.^^

EDIT 1:
Here´s the moveset:

Basics:
- Weight: very light
- Boo floats (really low attacks (e.g.: ness down a) might miss! while just standing)
- while ducking, he´s half-way in the ground
- has 5 low jumps, the first is a bit higher than the last ones, short hop: very low, not that hard to perform, the jumps themselves are fast
- falls a little bit slower to the ground than the others
- fast fall is a bit slower
- slow ducking animation (not as notiably but slower)
- crouching is floating while halfways being in the ground
- normal dash speed, dash animation speed: normal
- Shield consists of smaller Boos encircling him, they get darker and closer to Boo when the shield is damaged, when the shield breaks, the Boos fly away, hitting everything above Boo with low damage and no knockback.
- while powershielding you see the small Boos transparent with their tongues out
- While doding, he gets transparent but doesn´t go in the background. So his dodge is fast and and has a really small lag time; dodging in the air is the same but has also the same function as the ones of the other characters
- Roll: gets transparent and vanishes and appears in whatever direction you pressed. By smashing the control stick, the "roll" gets longer. (Can imagine having that in Brawl for every character)
- taunt: happy: looks at screen and makes a random grimace sad: looks at the floor and lets tongue hang out of his mouth
- has no attacks that do heavy damage, knockback is low most of the time -> comboing is important in SSBB

A moves:
A: a punch
A, A: two punches
A, A, A: two punches, and then a spinning hit.
(speed: like marios A,A,A)

A ^: hits with his tail straight above, fast attack, normal knock up
A v: spins with tongue out stretched on the ground (very low, would miss another Boo), knocks up, not very high but the opponent is stunned relatively long
A >/<: licks (/hits) fast with his tongue, knockback: to the side and up

Smash A >/<: Tackles opponent, leaves a dustsmoke at impact, Boo makes a grimace while performing the attack, while charging, his stand doesn´t change at all, he´s just glowing
Smash ^: flips 360°, hits with tail, knocks up high
Smash v: Boo drops fast to the ground, creating a little dust-/ shockwave: Hit by wave: knockback to the sides, hit by Boo: Knockback up
This attack slightly differs when Boo´s already ducked: He makes a short hop in half of his floating height, that knocks the enemy down, then does his drop. Enemys hit by the first hit will be hit by the second and the knockback is higher and straight upwards, so DIing is harder

Dash-A: Crazy tackle with open mouth. He does a forward dive and bites all opponents in his way. They are propelled upwards, like they do when Fox hits with his B >/<. Fast attack, medium - high recovery time

I don´t what is the crouching thing and what attacks can be done. Please speculate a bit about that. I won´t do attacks for this, becuase I don´t know, what it is working like.

B attacks:

B v: Boo will turn transparent and cover his eyes. If anyone strikes him he wil get big, stick his tongue out and laugh. It has high knockback. (like marth´s / roy´s counter. He can be hit while big)
Projectiles will fly back, homing in the direction where the character that fired it stood while Boo did the counter. While in the air, ghe drops a bit after the counter because of the lag time. You can´t spam the move to stay in the air.

B ^: Boo will materialize into smaller Boos and rise upward. Anyone caught in the boos way will get repeatly hit (like marios up B). Then he turn back to normal. Can be performed downwards into the ground. Then the "cloud" of Boos expands on the ground. One hit, knockback up.

B >/<: Blows purple fire (somebody mentioned that, it´s nice) a short distance but not continous but one time. Shoves the enemy back. Crouch cancelling more then doubles the damage since you aren´t shoved away.
While being in the air, Boo blows the fire downwards in the direction, he´s facing.

B: five Boos materialize around Boo and spin around him at least 180° (As long as Fox reflector not jump-cancelled, no jump cancel possible while the first 180°.). After letting go B-button theyvanish. Reflects projectiles (faster in recovering then counter). Hits enemy three times then knocks them straight upwards. (Crouch cancel against this is a bad idea)
Boo drops while doing this in the air.

Arials:
As you may have noticed, many attacks set up aerials by sending Boos enemies straight upwards.
Uair: Boo turns 90° upwards and flips over one time. Two effects:
Boo hits enemy above him: Enemy is slightly propelled upwards (comboing possible -> five jumps! DIing is sure helpful against this)
Boo hits enemy beneath him: weak meteor smash straight downwards.
Fair: Boo turns to or away from the screen (so he looks either in the forground or background) and stretches one arm in the direction you pressed, he floats a tiny bit to the side. Enemies are knocked straight to the side with good knockback. Only after the punches effect vanishes the opponent will begin to fall. (DI can influence the angle but only to a low degree. Apprently, this attack isn´t very good high up but really useful as shffl.)
Dair: Boo turns 90° downwards and spins around a few times, after that he turns 90° to normal delivering a weakly spiking hit, that hits in enemies with low percentages directly after the drill or can hit enemies that reach Boo as he ends the drilling animation.
Bair: He kicks out backwards with his tail. Medium knockback, good edge hopping move (-> 5 jumps).
Nair: The major used move after Boo sends a foe upwards, timing is important.Flips one times. Has different effect, depending on where the enemie is:
Above Boo: Sends enemy downwards to the side Boo is facing
In front of Boo: downwards to the opposite side Boo is facing
Under Boo: Upwards to the direction Boo isn´t facing
Behind Boo: Upwards to the direction Boo is facing
When a foe is e.g.: behind Boo and beneath him, (diagonally shifted to Boo) he flies: upwards, if he is in front of Boo and beneath him, he flies in the direction, Boo isn´t facing.

Here´s what I mean. Sorry for the bad graphic but I don´t have Paint skills:
http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?i...oosnairzq2.png

So basically, your hit will send them in the direction 135° away from the point from where Boo hits. (So above Boo is 0°, that makes the strike 135°, so the enemy flies in the direction Boo is facing and downwards.
Under Boo (180°) it´ll be 315°, so the direction Boo isn´t facing an upwards.
I hope, you understood what I mean.

Grab:
- Normal Grab: reaches out with his tongue and waps it around the opponent. (Faster then Yoshi but not as much range
- Dash grab: propells forward with outstretched tongue. Faster then the normal grab but horrible lag

A / Z while in grab:Boo hits with his arms
Throw ^: Boo lets his foe spinning with his tongue (like you can do with plates on sticks), then the opponent drops on the ground in front of Boo. If there is no ground, your opponent is able to move after he reached ground level immediately). Obviously: No knockback, teching possible after dropping from the tongue.
Throw <: Boo spins around one and a half time and releases the "grip", low knockback
Throw v: Boo bounces downward on the ground three times with the opponent caught in his tongue being flattened by Boo. Knockback: upwards, low knockback
Throw >: The only throw with potential to finish off your opponent: Boo tightens (looked up in an internet dictionary, not sure if you understand) and then lets the opponent fly like a canonball: High knockback, !no damage!

Boo playwise with pros anc cons:
Boo combos alot and doesn´t have many strong attacks, he rather juggles his enemies in the air and bit by bit drives his opponents to the edge for some don´t get back action with one of his spikes and several low jumps and aerials.
His only devasting attacks are his smashes, Fair and forward throw.
He´s a nasty character that has good defensive moves (you may have noticed that too) and nice comboing. So countering and weak but consecutive hits like expected from a Boo. He can´t deliver really deadly blows at low percentages however...

His recovery abilities are really good. He can jump 5 times and has a recovery B^-move. Also he doesn´t fall as fast, what however can be a disadvantage, when you are the pray in the air, but that can be helped with Boo´s air attacks and B-moves. Unfortunately, Boo is really easyly hit off the stage.

What do you think?

Pablo18

Smash Journeyman
flagged up poppin dat 18 street in Long Island....
1st post!!
I think that he would be a pretty chracter, you make a good point, he has been in mario party, Mario tennis, etc. His ability wouldn't be a problem, he woulb be like a kirby with no feet. He would have an odd but cool moveset ex. His downB could be something lie Marths execpt he would turn ghost like and things would go right through him.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I'm not sure on this one, include a move set for him, and maybe it will change my mind.
Aww man how come Pablo18's post went b4 me, we posted at the same time! awww well.

KAN

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure on this one, include a move set for him, and maybe it will change my mind.
If I can come up with one, I´ll post it. But right now it´s 01:55 here, and I´m too tired to think.
Happy new year and good night. (If someone wants to post a moveset or some suggestions, please do so. : ))

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Hey wait!, his special could be like his mario power tennis move! He could spawn into a bizillion boos, and beat the crud out of everyone else. I changed my mind, Boo for Brawl!!!!!

Pablo18

Smash Journeyman
flagged up poppin dat 18 street in Long Island....
Aww man how come Pablo18's post went b4 me, we posted at the same time! awww well.
LOL you got jerked. Back on topic: yea his Mario tennis special would be a great special. He would float around more than jiggs(I mean like great DI). and his ^b can be some kind of teleport or something like Mew2's; either that or he can have like 3-5 jumps.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
It would be great to have boo in brawl, although I can't really figur out a moveset for him but that's not my job anyways.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
i donh't have a problem with that, i think that Boo would make a great additon to brawl.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I also thought that his B attack could be chargable. He could shoot giant boos like he did in mario power tennis. The longer the boo was charged, the bigger and more powerful it is. Obviously, the giant boos couldn't really be as large as Samus's charge, since that could make them a little to hard to avoid.

Wallmaster

Smash Apprentice
Boos might have appeared in mostly every Mario game, but so have goombas and koopas. They are just a common enemy. I think Boo is cool too, but his odds of getting into brawl are slim. Though if he does get in, I won't be complaining.

Demon_Lord

Smash Cadet
Boo is actually a good character for brawl

At the most boo might make it just like the goombas and koopas made it into adventure mode.
I wouldn't mind seeing him as a playable character thought.

El Gordo

Smash Cadet
Hi! First post at smashboards. ^^

I searched the thread titles and didn´t find a thread about Boo (or King Boo). Don´t you think, he would be awesome, too?

Here´s my reasoning, why there is a possibility that he´s in:

- Boos were in mostly every Mario game. There´s hardly a villain, who is as continious reappearing in the games as them.
- Also, Boos are villains with their very own special character traits. They are not loyal sidekicks but rather they´re doing it becuase of the fun of it: there are friendly Boos, too
- Boos have been in many Mario Sports Games as MKDD, Mario Party, Mario Tennis etc.
- Boo would have another unique fighting style
- finally: He´s cool.

The only problem to solve is his ability to float, but that wouldn´t be the problem. There´s not much what prevents him from being in Brawl...

Discuss.^^
Would be really interesting^^
I would really like to know what he would have for a fighting style. Simply amzaing,when I think of Mario Tennis xD. But then Koopa and all the others have to be in,too. Example: Koopa,Shy Guy etc. Koopa I think was even earlier there than Boo^^

As I first read this Thread I thought , youn talk about DBZ^^

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Down B- Pekeaboo: Boo will turn transparent and cover his eyes. If anyoe strikes him he wil get big, stick his tongue out and laugh. It has high knockback.

Up B- Mini Boos: Boo will materialize into smaller Boos and rise upward. Anyone caught in the boos way will get repeatly (like marios up B). then turn back to normal.

Side B- Posses: Boo will move fast and try to posses somone. While in the body boo can make the person hurt himself. it will wear off after a few seconds depends how badly the victim is hurt already.

I'll do the B move later my parents are making me leave now.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm that would work, I'm not so sure about including generic enimies in brawl, although if they run out of main charactures to chose from then they could work.

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
I think boo is a really good character for brawl ive always wanted him in it.. toad is kinda weird if peach can still use him

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I have to admit it, he'd make a heck of a sub-boss. It would be very interesting if he made an in game appearance. Of course, I don't want to see him if he's gonna be just a trophie.

El Gordo

Smash Cadet
Boos might have appeared in mostly every Mario game, but so have goombas and koopas. They are just a common enemy. I think Boo is cool too, but his odds of getting into brawl are slim. Though if he does get in, I won't be complaining.

they are common enemys,yes^^,BUT there was a game called Luigis Mansion, which was totally fixed on the Boos, ans so I think, that they are a bit more important than the other "common" enemys :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No, I don't want to see Boo as a playable character. I rather wanna see them making an cameo apperance in a stage as Luigi's Mansion, or in Adventure mode as an enemy. Either one of the two. Boo as a playable character is far fetched... He should stay at Mario Parties and Sports but that's all about it.

KAN

Smash Cadet
Sorry for not writing this yesterday like I wanted to.

I´m glad, that most people like the idea.

Here´s the moveset:

Basics:
- Boo floats (really low attacks (e.g.: ness down a) might miss! while just standing)
- has 5 low jumps, the first is a bit higher than the last ones, short hop: very low, not that hard to perform, the jumps themselves are fast
- Shield consists of smaller Boos encircling him, they get darker and closer to Boo when the shield is damaged, when the shield breaks, the Boos fly away, hitting everything above Boo with low damage and no knockback.
- while powershielding you see the small Boos transparent with their tongues out
- While doding, he gets transparent but doesn´t go in the background. So his dodge is fast and and has a really small lag time; dodging in the air is the same but has also the same function as the ones of the other characters
- Roll: gets transparent and vanishes and appears in whatever direction you pressed. By smashing the control stick, the "roll" gets longer. (Can imagine having that in Brawl for every character)
- taunt: happy: looks at screen and makes a random grimace sad: looks at the floor and lets tongue hang out of his mouth
- has no attacks that do heavy damage, knockback is low most of the time -> comboing is important in SSBB

A moves:

A v: spins with tongue out stretched on the ground (very low, would miss another Boo), knocks up, not very high but the opponent is stunned relatively long

Smash A >/<: Tackles opponent, leaves a dustsmoke at impact, Boo makes a grimace while performing the attack, while charging, his stand doesn´t change at all, he´s just glowing
Smash v: Boo drops fast to the ground, creating a little dust-/ shockwave: Hit by wave: knockback to the sides, hit by Boo: Knockback up
This attack slightly differs when Boo´s already ducked: He makes a short hop in half of his floating height, that knocks the enemy down, then does his drop. Enemys hit by the first hit will be hit by the second and the knockback is higher and straight upwards, so DIing is harder

Dash-A: Crazy tackle with open mouth. He does a forward dive and bites all opponents in his way. They are propelled upwards, like they do when Fox hits with his B >/<. Fast attack, medium - high recovery time

I don´t what is the crouching thing and what attacks can be done. Please speculate a bit about that. I won´t do attacks for this, becuase I don´t know, what it is working like.

B attacks:

B v: Boo will turn transparent and cover his eyes. If anyone strikes him he wil get big, stick his tongue out and laugh. It has high knockback. (like marth´s / roy´s counter. He can be hit while big)
Projectiles will fly back, homing in the direction where the character that fired it stood while Boo did the counter. While in the air, ghe drops a bit after the counter because of the lag time. You can´t spam the move to stay in the air.

B ^: Boo will materialize into smaller Boos and rise upward. Anyone caught in the boos way will get repeatly hit (like marios up B). Then he turn back to normal. Can be performed downwards into the ground. Then the "cloud" of Boos expands on the ground. One hit, knockback up.

B >/<: Blows purple fire (somebody mentioned that, it´s nice) a short distance but not continous but one time. Shoves the enemy back. Crouch cancelling more then doubles the damage since you aren´t shoved away.
While being in the air, Boo blows the fire downwards in the direction, he´s facing.

B: five Boos materialize around Boo and spin around him at least 180° (As long as Fox reflector not jump-cancelled, no jump cancel possible while the first 180°.). After letting go B-button theyvanish. Reflects projectiles (faster in recovering then counter). Hits enemy three times then knocks them straight upwards. (Crouch cancel against this is a bad idea)

Arials:
As you may have noticed, many attacks set up aerials by sending Boos enemies straight upwards.
Boo hits enemy above him: Enemy is slightly propelled upwards (comboing possible -> five jumps! DIing is sure helpful against this)
Boo hits enemy beneath him: weak meteor smash straight downwards.
Fair: Boo turns to or away from the screen (so he looks either in the forground or background) and stretches one arm in the direction you pressed, he floats a tiny bit to the side. Enemies are knocked straight to the side with good knockback. Only after the punches effect vanishes the opponent will begin to fall. (DI can influence the angle but only to a low degree. Apprently, this attack isn´t very good high up but really useful as shffl.)
Dair: Boo turns 90° downwards and spins around a few times, after that he turns 90° to normal delivering a weakly spiking hit, that hits in enemies with low percentages directly after the drill or can hit enemies that reach Boo as he ends the drilling animation.
Bair: He kicks out backwards with his tail. Medium knockback, good edge hopping move (-> 5 jumps).
Nair: The major used move after Boo sends a foe upwards, timing is important.Flips one times. Has different effect, depending on where the enemie is:
When a foe is e.g.: behind Boo and beneath him, (diagonally shifted to Boo) he flies: upwards, if he is in front of Boo and beneath him, he flies in the direction, Boo isn´t facing.

So basically, your hit will send them in the direction 135° away from the point from where Boo hits. (So above Boo is 0°, that makes the strike 135°, so the enemy flies in the direction Boo is facing and downwards.

Grab:
- Normal Grab: reaches out with his tongue and waps it around the opponent. (Faster then Yoshi but not as much range
- Dash grab: propells forward with outstretched tongue. Faster then the normal grab but horrible lag

Throw ^: Boo lets his foe spinning with his tongue (like you can do with plates on sticks), then the opponent drops on the ground in front of Boo. If there is no ground, your opponent is able to move after he reached ground level immediately). Obviously: No knockback, teching possible after dropping from the tongue.
Throw <: Boo spins around one and a half time and releases the "grip", low knockback
Throw v: Boo bounces downward on the ground three times with the opponent caught in his tongue being flattened by Boo. Knockback: upwards, low knockback
Throw >
: The only throw with potential to finish off your opponent: Boo tightens (looked up in an internet dictionary, not sure if you understand) and then lets the opponent fly like a canonball: High knockback, !no damage!

Boo combos alot and doesn´t have many strong attacks, he rather juggles his enemies in the air and bit by bit drives his opponents to the edge for some don´t get back action with one of his spikes and several low jumps and aerials.
He´s a nasty character that has good defensive moves (you may have noticed that too) and nice comboing. So countering and weak but consecutive hits like expected from a Boo. He can´t deliver really deadly blows at low percentages however...

His recovery abilities are really good. He can jump 5 times and has a recovery B^-move. Also he doesn´t fall as fast, what however can be a disadvantage, when you are the pray in the air, but that can be helped with Boo´s air attacks and B-moves. Unfortunately, Boo is really easyly hit off the stage.

What do you think?

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for not writing this yesterday like I wanted to.

I´m glad, that most people like the idea.

Here´s the moveset:

Basics:

A moves:

B attacks:

Arials:
Boo hits enemy beneath him: weak spike straight downwards.

Grab:

Throw >
: The only throw with potential to finish off your opponent: Boo tightens (looked up in an internet dictionary, not sure if you understand) and then lets the opponent fly like a canonball: High knockback, !no damage!

What do you think?

I think that is a good idea ive always wanted boo in ssbb and good moves i would have never thought of them i think a good alternate costume would be kingboos crown...

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
you forgot his taunt, it should be Boo laughing and sticking his tongue oout at the crowd

KAN

Smash Cadet
I did include that. It´s under Basics.

But I didn´t know where the difference between spike and meteor smash was. I´ll edit it,now I read the topic about that.

KAN

Smash Cadet
He does. His running animation is actually a floating animation.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Boo? BOO! If there were to be a generic character, I would want Shy Guy. Too bad none of these beings will never taste victory in a Brawl arena.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Unlike another certain thread to support a generic enemy for Brawl *COUGHSPINYCOUGH*, Boo actually seems like a good idea. Although, King Boo seems more likely.

darkshy

Smash Ace
I like the idea! Boo is one of my favorite Nintendo characters.
I would give him these moves:

A: basic quick punch
A,A: 2 quick punches
A,A,A: 2 quick punches then a light smash punch
------------------------------------------------
Up A: 360 degree up-tail attack
Down A: frontward trip-like attack
Dash A: dashes into a barrel roll through the opponent
-------------------------------------------------
Smash A: creates a mini-boo whip that lashes forward
Down smash: kinda like giga bowsers down B-attack except with mini boos and smaller range and no freezeing capabilities
Up smash: makes a mini boo whip that circles over boos head.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Airial A: does a front flip that covers 360 degrees
forward air A:tail whip punch combo he spins and hit the opponent with his fist and tail simultaneously
back air A: stabs with his tail
down air A: take both fists and slams the opponent downward
-------------------------------------------------------------------
B: charges up for a frontward mini boo blast. The blast moves exceptionally fast, but take longer to charge then normal and boo is slighty worn out for 2-3 seconds
forward B: a licking attack that paralyzes the opponent for 2-seconds
down B: Boo covers his face and if an opponent hits him he counters with with a tiny flood of mini boos
up B: shoots upward with a tiny tornado of boos. Has an okay range.
----------------------------------------------------------------
grab: boo makes a lasso of mini boos that pull the opponent in
forward throw: punches opponent forward
down throw: throws opponent on the ground then shoots a barage of boos downward
up throw: jumps high in a circular motion and slams the opponents down(a small trail of mini boos is seen)
back throw:thows the opponent diaganal upwards and fires about 3-4 mini boos
---------------------------------------------------
taunt: does his signature laugh whiles he turns invisible the reappears.
--------------------------------------
What do you think?

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I think that a good thing for his super smash would that all the mini Boos would make a Giant Boo, and It would shoot across the course. His Nair could be that he could expand a little, then he goes back to normal size. Yeah, the nair move is hard to explain.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Yeah, that would be an awesome smash. I was thinking about the one from his special in Mario Power Tennis, which is a smaller version of Boolossulus, but the real one is better.

Top Bottom