• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Me and some of my family just got back from seeing that Dark Side of the Moon thingy at the Planetarium. It was just computer animated stuff that went along with that album. It was cool but weird.

:059:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
just shut your mouth already

it's a GREAT album, just not their best
the most white/overrated album probably ever

wish you were here and animals beat it... badly

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sync you should promote your tournaments on aib more. There are alot of TX players on aib unaware of local tournaments.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I make blogs and news articles like every month advertising on AiB, all of them would rather just play wifi : /

and if they are somehow unaware, then they are ****ing ******** for not seeing the huge *** texas symbol in the news post that's there every month

Tesh

Smash Hero
Honestly, I have never used the aib forums and I never visited anything other than the chatroom before I started playing offline. It took someone in chat inviting me to HOBO for me to start playing offline.

I think Deox's first tournament was also after I encouraged him to come to Battle Network.

Probably doesn't hurt to just seek out the people actually playing and encourage them to show up.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
it's on the FRONT PAGE, as soon as you load up aib, it's like impossible to miss, lol. I've been doing what I can, now it's up to people actually paying attention to what I put up. Didn't even bother making one this month cause only like 1 tournament was announced at the start of the month.

Tesh

Smash Hero
My bookmark for AIB takes me directly to the chatroom. Its the only thing about that site thats of higher quality than this site.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I can definitely make an article if you give me w/e details you want put into it. For an interview, ask mocha about that since she does those.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Did someone say...Mocha?

BioDG

Smash Ace
it's on the FRONT PAGE, as soon as you load up aib, it's like impossible to miss, lol. I've been doing what I can, now it's up to people actually paying attention to what I put up. Didn't even bother making one this month cause only like 1 tournament was announced at the start of the month.
I don't check the front page, either (I never did, really). If I go to AiB, I just type part of the chat URL, the browser fills in the rest, and I go to the chat and play matches. I know I don't entirely fit the audience you're looking for since I'm in the scene already, but just saying.

In fact, I didn't know there was an offline scene in Houston until Tesh told me about it in the chat room.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I don't check the front page, either (I never did, really). If I go to AiB, I just type part of the chat URL, the browser fills in the rest, and I go to the chat and play matches. I know I don't entirely fit the audience you're looking for since I'm in the scene already, but just saying.

In fact, I didn't know there was an offline scene in Houston until Tesh told me about it in the chat room.
tesh/bio=new gens

BioDG

Smash Ace
lol I don't see the big deal. It's not like I do much of anything there other than use the chat to play other players.

crazy old gens and their useless nagging :]

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
It never gets old trolling/causing arguments/calling people their true names(nerds/new gen/hipsters)....ect

Ever.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro is an attention seeker...duh.

You Mechonis scum.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Illmatic member of Back Room?

Yes, now I can blame him if the next tier list is dumb.

Tesh

Smash Hero

Yea, anyone who might be interested in the competitive side of brawl and not the stupid aib wifi salt drama, probably just sticks to the chats so they can find matches to play other people.

So yea, thats 3 REAL examples (me, bio, deox). Zano/Sync, you don't have to hang around in the chatroom and play people, but you might be more successful if you actually seek out the Houston/TX players on aib and talk to them 1 on 1.

tesh/bio=new gens
Damn Bio took the bait so easily this time. But yea, new gens is what Sync is looking for. Anyone who has already been around the block doesn't wanna play anymore.

CY

Smash Ace
^my body was just ready an hour ago. busted out a 4 mile night run.

SHREDDED 4 LYFE.

hipster music gives u endurance. officially endorsed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom