• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

heytallman

CTALL
The Wii was a good system

If you like NES and SNES emulators

Hmm, to start reading another chapter in my textbook, play some more Devil Survivor, play some Witcher, or watch The Great Mouse Detective.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Lol wasn't directing it towards you, Espy.
More towards Ft. Worth when we ban MK.

z00ted

1/313,200 chance
sup trela

my facebook account was deleted two weeks ago, so it's impossible that they tracked me through that.

Sync.

Smash Champion
My diagnosis

Handy in the real world manipulation of objects and events, you are easily enthused by practical projects. You often ignore or conveniently forget rules and boundaries that limit your freedom. This need for freedom extends even to the personal sphere and though you are kind and gentle, you will often be hard to pin down to a monogamous lifestyle. Because you tend to verbalize so seldom, you can be seen as phlegmatic or impassive. In moments of high tension you can often surprise those around you with a lighthearted or humorous remark. Because of your facility with the physical world, you are often engaged in sports that require dexterity, such as motorcycling or hang gliding. You will rarely have time for flights of fancy or unproductive discussion. Constraints on your freedom will be regarded as a personal attack.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I miss this thread! I heard the horrible news that the new smash game aint coming out till 2015. DAYUM thats a long time. Then I just got thru looking at some of the major tournaments results around the world and brawl is on a serious decline as far as attendance go. If boys got to wait 3 more years for another smash what will the community do in the mean time if attendance is dropping all over the world. Imma do my best to go outside the box to break 100 players for Whobo 4. =]

Tesh: Pm me that list of songs on your brawl mixes. All songs on all mixes would be fine. Need to get some mvc2 and mvc3 crack mixes going for evo. Started my training camp and need something to keep me pumped up. Plus on Thursdays we have an event called Expose and i wanted to feature some of those mixes on the livestream and recording setup so get at me asap mayne!

Gnes: Come out to our get togethers on thursdays. Weekly tournaments with cash payouts every week. Didnt know you was serious about the crack 3 mayne. Would love to see you bodie some of these egos we have going on in the scene. We already got some melee playa's on deck for the crack now we can have brawl playa's to na ming!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Huh, where did you hear that!!?

I know it was 7 years between Melee and Brawl, but you'd think they can make games faster these days.

I assume the format used for the brawl files is useless to you right? I'll just post all the youtube links I can find.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
My results:

You need to help others and to be thought of as a generous and kind individual. Often you are taken advantage of and regarded as simply part of the scenery. You work best when handling the work yourself; you do not appreciate a managerial role and tend to be uncomfortable in that position. Friendship is important to you, but it is generated on a personal basis, rarely a professional one. Consequently, family life is very important to you, and is often the most important aspect. Because of a strong sense of propriety however, you will sometimes consider the eccentric behavior of your friends and family as a personal affront. Often you find it difficult to speak up about personal anguish or pain, feeling instead that it is something an individual should bear in silence. Tradition is important to you, and you feel a sense of belonging when operating within the constraints of a predictable routine.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
what the ****... someone take this and post yours

http://www.hypnoid.com/psytest2.html

mine:

You have a poetic sensibility and an ability to see beyond the day to day. You often seem to be living in a higher realm, or to be not-of-this-earth. Occasionally you imagine interior lives for friends and associates that are near-complete fabrications based on your fears or hopes for the future. You are often not aware of your own feelings. You have a strong sense of right and wrong, and because of this are often disappointed. Despite what can sometimes be a destructive inward-turning anger, you are very gentle. You are sometimes a bit out of touch with the ebb and flow of modern life. If your behavior is out of synch with your moral values, a severe psychic disturbance can result. Because connectivity is so important to you, you can become quiet and sulky if you feel that others around do not understand your point of view.
these tests literally mean nothing. half the questions dont have anything to do with the shapes even if u stretch your imagination.

Lol what else can I do Espy? It's just being stubborn to oppose rules to restrict MK because he'll never be banned because this community is ****ing ********.
editing the rules yet again for a character that needs a ban will not bring people to hobo. advertising will.

My diagnosis

Handy in the real world manipulation of objects and events, you are easily enthused by practical projects. You often ignore or conveniently forget rules and boundaries that limit your freedom. This need for freedom extends even to the personal sphere and though you are kind and gentle, you will often be hard to pin down to a monogamous lifestyle. Because you tend to verbalize so seldom, you can be seen as phlegmatic or impassive. In moments of high tension you can often surprise those around you with a lighthearted or humorous remark. Because of your facility with the physical world, you are often engaged in sports that require dexterity, such as motorcycling or hang gliding. You will rarely have time for flights of fancy or unproductive discussion. Constraints on your freedom will be regarded as a personal attack.
thats funny. i got the same thing. though none of this matches me as a person.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lol what else can I do Espy?
What Xyro said.

Also, the problem here is that you're making it your obligation to cater to these players who wish to prepare for Meta Knight games when it comes to high caliber tournaments, when in reality, it's up to the individual player to do such a thing.

As a tournament organizer, you have the freedom to do pretty much anything you desire, whether the events be Waseda, Tier based, or categorized events based on Power Ranking positions. Creating events to make Meta Knight legal as a means to prepare players for those events doesn't lie on your shoulders because that's something that players should be taking responsibility for themselves; tournament events should have no part in fulfilling that kind of need.

You know what you need to do? Either unlimit Meta Knight, or ban him. I can tell you right now that MK is only really influencing the attendance of a handful of players in this state, while the rest are through social/familial obligations, financial problems, or traveling expenses (which I could say to some degree is null and void thanks to Megabus).

Meta Knight's legality isn't an issue, and you're hiding behind it by using preparations as an excuse when the players themselves should be putting that responsibility upon their own shoulders. What matters most for the TO should be how well they advertise.

I suggest that you read Mike Haze's tournament advertisement blog on AiB (I don't have the link at the moment) if you haven't already. It's a fantastic guideline to keep new players and encourage everyone to attend as much as possible. :applejack:

=====

Unrelated, my results from that awesome test.

Though quiet on the outside, you are often the hidden hero; someone who rushes in when needed and then after the emergency is over fades back into the woodwork. Because of this sense of duty and honor, you can also on occasion be rigid in your viewpoint and unyielding in the face of other ways of thinking. Usually cynical and rarely trusting of others, you maintain a small set of intimate friends. These bonds are stronger than most. You are always grounded in the present moment. Your close bonds can also lead to clique-ishness and a tendency to gossip about those who are deemed less worthy. You are an integrative thinker, collecting data from a wide range of sources and applying it to your worldview. You can become overly task-oriented. In stressful situations you often withdraw from the world to seek peace in contemplation. You often seem cold and withdrawn. Often you will withdraw rather than verbalize your discontent.
:applejack:

z00ted

It could mean a lot of things, I think it's a really funny test.

Xyro77

It means nothing. Especially after u said u purposely picked different answers yet got the same result. Just shows the test is a joke and the results mean nothing. I mean, NOTHING in the results reflect me.

:phone:

Xyro77

Off topic but when you guys are using SWF mobile are you seeing Zerosuit samus heads in weird places.

z00ted

It means nothing. Especially after u said u purposely picked different answers yet got the same result. Just shows the test is a joke and the results mean nothing. I mean, NOTHING in the results reflect me.
The test means something if I'm getting the same results three times in a row.
Or it means that it just randomly fishes for a paragraph and sticks it to the person with the same IP address.

But this can't be the case, because I called my brother to come over and take it and he got something entirely different. Which leads me to believe, that yeah - it somehow keeps on giving me the same thing. I've only gotten a different one two times out of like ten times I've done it.

Maybe the test has some legitimacy towards it and something triggers why I'm getting the same results.

Maybe the test is complete bull**** and just gives a very broad and lengthy answer - that anyone can relate to in some way or another.

The test is cool, though. It all boils down to whether you want to believe it or not, just like in anything.
Could be a joke in trying to prove that. IQ tests have reasoning behind it, but it ultimately boils down to whether or not you want to believe in it. Various geniuses have had quite average IQ scores, others have had high.

I find it funny that a lot of these write-ups match the personalities of the people who have taken them. Especially mine, Espy's, Tofer's, and a few others. I also find it really funny that I was able to predict that you and Sync would both get the same thing beforehand.

I gave the questions meaning based off of what I felt it was trying to imply.
Same.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm pretty sure there's a good chunk of people who would disagree with 50% of my results from here in SA.
Buuuut that's for them to believe and for me to know.

Xyro77

Maybe the test is complete bull**** and just gives a very broad and lengthy answer - that anyone can relate to in some way or another.
This^ is more or less the true. It's BS and after a few questions it nails you to a vague broad result. Typical of a trash tests that have no real value nor reflect the user.

And don't bring up IQ test crap. Iirc, the fat ugly girl from jersey shore scored higher than Albert Enstien(sp). IQ tests are a reflection of NOTHING.

z00ted

LMFAO at how you spelled Einstein.
Think whatever you want about these kinds of tests.. no one can change that.

I don't understand why you want to shoot them down so badly, though.
Maybe it says something about your personality.. heuhehehahahehehehahahahhaa.

CY

Smash Ace
This^ is more or less the true. It's BS and after a few questions it nails you to a vague broad result. Typical of a trash tests that have no real value nor reflect the user.

And don't bring up IQ test crap. Iirc, the fat ugly girl from jersey shore scored higher than Albert Enstien(sp). IQ tests are a reflection of NOTHING.

my girl SNOOKS

Xyro77

I'm in my phone and it wants to auto correct his name into "instead" so I guessed at his name. Was I close?

I dislike/become negative about these tests because people in general are so stupid that they believe this crap/think it means something. They look for "tests" to tell them what they are i stead of seeing what tey are by viewing their own life. Then the creators of these tests actually think they know how to pinpoint a person based off our choices on colored basic shapes.

And yes, my dislike for these test or overall negativity online might tell one about my personality. But let's say it did.....so what? Im a negative old gen who likes cinnamon milkshakes. So what?

z00ted

And yes, my dislike for these test or overall negativity online might tell one about my personality. But let's say it did.....so what? Im a negative old gen who likes cinnamon milkshakes. So what?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Cinnamon milkshakes sound amazing.
Otherwise, I'd call you naive for that post you just made. :applejack:

Xyro77

When u get a chance, go to ColdStone and ask for a cinnamon milkshake made from sweet cream and cinnamon. You will never get anything else ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom