• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BioDG

Smash Ace
The scene isn't what it used to be, but it still has legs.

I'm curious if it will revive a bit if smash 4 turns out to be bad.

_D._

Smash Apprentice
Hey is anyone going to SKTAR here, I live in LA and wanted to see if I could travel with some group from Texas.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
From what I heard, brawl got more attenance than a majority (if not all) of the other game tournies at that event, soooo
houston doesnt have a scene for any game bigger than smash.

I'm curious if it will revive a bit if smash 4 turns out to be bad.
it will. assuming some one runs an event as soon as the game comes out and advertises it like i did with brawl

CY

Smash Ace
it will. assuming some one runs an event as soon as the game comes out and advertises it like i did with brawl
it won't be anything like the Brawl scene was. it's 4 years later, people moved on and are older now. so by the time the next Smash game comes up, a lot of us will be in our early to mid 20s, or 40 in RT's case. but maybe a new generation will come around.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
CY you remember that a lot of us started in the Brawl scene when we were young right? Like, I was 15 when I first started going to Brawl tournys. Same will happen with smash 4. We'll get a lot of younger people coming in and replacing the people who leave.

Edit: *Looks at previous posts about how the scene is dying/dead* Honestly, I'ma agree. No new players + old players are leaving = dying fast. I would go to WHOBO but... eh....

:059:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
you should probably still go to WHOBO considering it's the last one and you might want to see everyone gathered around again.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I guess. I've kinda been waiting too long to plan for it though so I'd have to figure out a way to get there and back and stuff and figure out where I'd go and stuff. idk I'm just tired right now. And as far as entering the tourny itself goes, I haven't really gotten to play in a while (last tourny I went to was Woodlawn 1). I guess I should try to go though. I don't feel any hype for it at all but at the same time there will also be people there that I haven't gotten to meet yet.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I mean, I'd like to see you there. I'm pretty sure the rest of us would too.
Sorta like a swan's song as far as HOBOs / WHOBOs are concerned.

I'm going just to finally put my Brawl phase to rest and pay my respect to Warran Lovely Smis aka Xyro 77.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
it won't be anything like the Brawl scene was. it's 4 years later, people moved on and are older now. so by the time the next Smash game comes up, a lot of us will be in our early to mid 20s, or 40 in RT's case. but maybe a new generation will come around.
That's what I'm talking about. Those new gens will come in full force. In melee/64 we didn't have the things we have now so I expect ssb4 to do well if sync or whoever actually do what I did.

:phone:

CY

Smash Ace
CY you remember that a lot of us started in the Brawl scene when we were young right? Like, I was 15 when I first started going to Brawl tournys. Same will happen with smash 4. We'll get a lot of younger people coming in and replacing the people who leave.

Edit: *Looks at previous posts about how the scene is dying/dead* Honestly, I'ma agree. No new players + old players are leaving = dying fast. I would go to WHOBO but... eh....

I was a relatively young kid when Brawl came out too. 17 year old junior in high school... now a junior in college turning 22 soon. a lot of us are about to/hit the point where real life sets in and playing a lot of smash and attending tournaments naturally reduces. but yeah I'm sure new people will arrive, assuming Smash 4 is even worth anything. if it's garbage then RIP competitive Smash. but yeah, once priorities set in it gets in the way. since starting college in 2009, I've attended like 4-5 tournaments and a few smashfests. but hell, I don't plan on quitting gaming anytime soon so we'll see, I might even attend some Smash 4 events :p.

also if you don't like this song you probably don't have a soul http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6rcPRt7sjA

Gnes

Smash Master
Well now that I FINALLY have my laptop(thanks Kilik) and no bull**** is happening to me, I'm going home to update the PR and make tournament threads.

Brawl is dying for multiple reasons and sauna=brawl=marvel=cod=tales. Just depends on your mood :)

:phone:
HELLLLLLLLLLL NAWWW. ****ing up.

Only came cause I saw the last post was made by CY.
Check your profile

sheikamaru

jive
How exactly is sync effing up?

-dj kilikoushen with a slab of ryu

The new name for the Houston series sounds super legit sync!!

I'm glad I thought about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom