• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
real ****ing funny RT. Real. The ****. funny. How the **** dare you make light of someone dying you sick son of a *****. You are an insignificant flea helplessly gnawing away on the *** of a dead walrus. You have no ****ing idea of the world around you, you ****ing ****-brained lowbrow caverape *******. I hope you're ****ing happy with this **** topic. Your posts are what it's like if a trainwreck took a **** into dying volcano's mouth. I'm so ****ing furious right now that I'm literally ****ing shaking as I type this. You reprehensible ****ing sick mother****er. It's people like you that make this world such an inhopsitable ****ing ****land of waste. **** off and die in a nuclear fire.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I need sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep...

Xyro77

Is there a mid gen??
no not really.

Once a new game comes out and you survived the majority of the previous game (or at leasta good chunk of it) you can be considered a old gen.

Melee came out on 2001. I/royr/sehtlon started to compete seriously in 2004. We are certified ancient gen.

gea/rt/furbs/flip got into the scene like early 06 or something so they can be considered old gens.

But you guys are literally 07 melee or 08/09 BRAWL. Razer/smoom/trela/gnes...ect LOL you aint old gens until the next game comes out.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
no not really.

Once a new game comes out and you survived the majority of the previous game (or at leasta good chunk of it) you can be considered a old gen.

Melee came out on 2001. I/royr/sehtlon started to compete seriously in 2004. We are certified ancient gen.

gea/rt/furbs/flip got into the scene like early 06 or something so they can be considered old gens.

But you guys are literally 07 melee or 08/09 BRAWL. Razer/smoom/trela/gnes...ect LOL you aint old gens until the next game comes out.
Yeah I went to my first tournamenet in 05' at Go Ballistics Lan center. Had to face Dominic's Samus and his brother's peach. I started picking up Melee, in 04 I believe going to gamefaqs to learn what wave dash was. I used DC++ as well.

Xyro77

Yeah I went to my first tournamenet in 05' at Go Ballistics Lan center. Had to face Dominic's Samus and his brother's peach. I started picking up Melee, in 04 I believe going to gamefaqs to learn what wave dash was. I used DC++ as well.
A tournament here and there doesn't count. Im talking full on attending events on a regular/semi regular basis.

Xyro77

In terms of brawl it's self I'm old gen, there is a clear split.

If you are talking ONLY brawl and then u compare yourself to like RunCT or TaterToT then yea u are an old gen. But that is still PATHETIC as it gets. Once smash 4 hits, you will not only be able to say u served under brawl for 90% of its life span you also have moved on to another gen of smash.

NOW THAT IS TRUE ANCIENT GEN.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Melee came out 2001? You consider the "newer" old gens around 2006? So five year difference?

Brawl came out 2008. Next year will be 5th year anniversary. Looks like you're still a new gen Razer by a few months.

Xyro, if you're still playing Smash 4, you'll be retirement home gen.

Tesh

Smash Hero
The wii U itself doesnt feel very heavy (just from holding the box). I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Razer did you mean you used the tablet or the little xbox/classic controller? I guess for you it wouldnt matter as they still support wiimote play.

Xyro77

Melee came out 2001? You consider the "newer" old gens around 2006? So five year difference?

Brawl came out 2008. Next year will be 5th year anniversary. Looks like you're still a new gen Razer by a few months.

Xyro, if you're still playing Smash 4, you'll be retirement home gen.

You cant compare Melee's life to brawls. Melee was out 7 years by the time brawl hit. It wont be like that for brawl to smash 4 thus the scale had to be changed.

I can deal with retirement home gen. I am cool with that.

Will Fliphop still be relevant?
You stopped being relevant the moment hobo 12 ended. that is why u cant let it go and wanna relive it each day.

The wii U itself doesnt feel very heavy (just from holding the box). I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Razer did you mean you used the tablet or the little xbox/classic controller? I guess for you it wouldnt matter as they still support wiimote play.
Hes talking about the tablet. most GS have the tablet out for demo. im glad its light, it wont be a hassle to raise up and use to scan or zoom or whatever games require. the wiimote wasnt a hassle either unless you are a wimp.

wiiu will be out on sunday. i cant wait!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom