• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I like movies a bit more, but only because I'm a really slow reader so reading books actually is a pain for me. Books give you more of a sense of what the characters are thinking and feeling while movies give you more of a sense of what's happening around the character. As for whether a movie or book of a story is better is usually based on which you saw/read first, at least from what I've seen. I don't like most of the Chronicles of Narnia movies because I read the books first and, although the movies do a GREAT job of capturing the imates I had in my head of the books, they're a bit less memorable to me, and it's just weird to see a few things in the storyline go a bit differently.

I also know that I've seen a lot of movies and have had no desire to read the books, but I have read fewer books where I didn't want to see the movie afterwards (or at least have one made).

:059:

CY

Smash Ace
Already tried reading. Not fun. I think the last book i read from beginning to end was in like 7th grade. It was one of the "Hank the CowDog" books and i read it cause it was a freakin easy book to cheat on so i could get the AR points i need in my class.

woooooooowwwwwwwwwww

I'm not a big fan of reading but there are a lot of good books out there. You just need to read some classic books. Go read The Shining, it's better than the movie and it will scare the **** out of you. Hell, It the movie was ******** but the book is scary as hell.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You just need to read some classic books. Go read The Shining, it's better than the movie and it will scare the **** out of you. Hell, It the movie was ******** but the book is scary as hell.
This man is smart!

CY

Smash Ace
I haven't read too many horror novels, but those two scared the hell out of me. I read It thinking it was going to be stupid because of how dumb the movie was, but it was pretty damn scary. My Mom who has read a ton of horror novels said It was one of the scariest books ever lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I haven't read too many horror novels, but those two scared the hell out of me. I read It thinking it was going to be stupid because of how dumb the movie was, but it was pretty damn scary. My Mom who has read a ton of horror novels said It was one of the scariest books ever lol.
The moive was more funny that it was scary. Tim Curry's portrayal of IT was good, but it was hardly scary. Plus they omitted some of the underlying themes and other backstory that made the book good.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Dude I think someone is about to die at work. They passed out from being allergic to peanuts and the dust

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dude I think someone is about to die at work. They passed out from being allergic to peanuts and the dust
Give him CPR and mouth-to-mouth.

Suspect

Smash Hero
That is one horrible team. I literally just got back home from playing it. I had planned on using Morrigan in my team like I do for like every game she is in but she doesnt have a straight dash, her dash angles up...other than that her L.Punch is awesome? lol

After playing through some characters, my best team was x-23/Storm/Trish but once I get the game ill sit down and practice with characters I had wanted to use (Dante, Morrigan, Jill and Hsien-ko)

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
How were you playing it? Did you go to a Best Buy? I have been hearing good and bad things about Phoenix. How would you rate Thor? And I've always been a Morrigan fan. I can't wait to play this game and find a team that works for me.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Leaked copy, this place down the street from me has a couple setups. I actually didnt see anyone using thor but from what I read on him he isnt that good but I know Pheonix has the lowest health and is ok. Just that team has no chemistry. I guess starting with thor and using him to get a level 5 super bar for pheonix would be good. Pheonix can do some serious damage if she gets lucky enough to not get hit...she can teleport also. Id say she is an ok character. I saw a sentinel x-factor and kill her in literally 2 hits.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Guys, MvC3 (demo) is not at Best Buy yet.

Wait until the weekend. They already have Buyer's Guides for the game so it should be this weekend.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
The Best Buy in the RGV has it :awesome:

zero, x-23, akuma too good no health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom