• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Leaked copy, this place down the street from me has a couple setups. ...I saw a sentinel x-factor and kill her in literally 2 hits.
Lucky =( Monday cannot come fast enough for me.

On a random steam, I saw someone call in phoenix assist and she died to a simple magic series. ****s a little ridiculous.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Zigsta: DUDE thank you so much for holding this event and not telling houston. it was super nice to get out and get away from the gayness of snake/diddy/lucario.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Gea

Smash Master
Dante will be the least popular character in the game

Lucky =( Monday cannot come fast enough for me.

On a random steam, I saw someone call in phoenix assist and she died to a simple magic series. ****s a little ridiculous.
She dies to hulk hitconfirm -> hyper. By the way Sethlon, dunno if you know but chip does 30% in this game. So take three moves and you may as well have taken the actual hit. Assists take multiplied damage. Storm's fullscreen can take 25-30%~ off of Ryu if he is called in to assist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZjwJ_lj6pA

One super bar. It seems to me is will be novelty where you make an entire team around padding her with 5 bars then take her out, x factor her and try to make her last as long as you can before she does DP mode.

Edit: Hmm it seems nearly everyone has a 100% using KFC

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

She dies to hulk hitconfirm -> hyper. By the way Sethlon, dunno if you know but chip does 30% in this game. So take three moves and you may as well have taken the actual hit. Assists take multiplied damage. Storm's fullscreen can take 25-30%~ off of Ryu if he is called in to assist.

One super bar. It seems to me is will be novelty where you make an entire team around padding her with 5 bars then take her out, x factor her and try to make her last as long as you can before she does DP mode.

spiderman is the best char in mvc3

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I've seen the vid before. Its one thing to **** up and call in a swap at a bad time and eat a beefy super, but she can literally just randomly die if shes called in to assist. A, B, C, E, jA, hB, jC, dead. I didn't even notice that she was on screen until her death scream, lol.

Her air homing fireball looks like its going to get a lot of use, gives her good breathing room since it homes and the speed is really variable.

Assists don't take multiplied damage, btw, they just don't get any scaling. Normally wouldn't make too big a difference, but for super high hitting hypers like Ice Storm or Shinku Hadouken the difference would be obvious.

spiderman is the best char in mvc3
He actually does look surprisingly good. Good mobility in the air dash + spider swing + web zip, good pressure and combos off of spider swing and web zip, and hes got good health for the rush down style that he is.

You going to be playing with Simple controls again? :bee:

Gea

Smash Master
Assists don't take multiplied damage, btw, they just don't get any scaling. Normally wouldn't make too big a difference, but for super high hitting hypers like Ice Storm or Shinku Hadouken the difference would be obvious.
Ah, I misread previously then. Who are you most interested in trying out, Sethlon?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Wesker(Samurai Edge Low)/Trish(Low Voltage)/Dante(Jam Session) is gonna be my team. I've put a lot of theory craft into it, so unless things go terribly wrong somehow that'll be my team for a good while.

Gea

Smash Master
Will be interesting to see how they hold up after more testing is done. Dante and Wesker both seem really good right now. Wesker's damage output is something else and that assist you chose hits OTG, doesn't it?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, it OTGs for an extra burst of damage at the end of bnbs. It does have to be blocked low, too, so if people start turtling against dante/trish I can set up unblockable strings. Originally I was thinking of running X23(ankle slicer) instead of trish for fun unblockable set ups for Wesker, but after really thinking about it it doesn't seem like a good idea. (What if people run from X23 when shes out? No assist to help in zoning wars, and she seems to only really be able to approach from the air. What if dante gets snapped in? Lololtwo low assists, good luck doing anything at all.)

Thats really the best part about the MvC engine, IMO; you can pick any one character, even two, and as long as you're willing to look for a third that helps the team, you can still put a viable team together.

Xyro77

Yeah, it OTGs for an extra burst of damage at the end of bnbs. It does have to be blocked low, too, so if people start turtling against dante/trish I can set up unblockable strings. Originally I was thinking of running X23(ankle slicer) instead of trish for fun unblockable set ups for Wesker, but after really thinking about it it doesn't seem like a good idea. (What if people run from X23 when shes out? No assist to help in zoning wars, and she seems to only really be able to approach from the air. What if dante gets snapped in? Lololtwo low assists, good luck doing anything at all.)

Thats really the best part about the MvC engine, IMO; you can pick any one character, even two, and as long as you're willing to look for a third that helps the team, you can still put a viable team together.
Dude, drop brawl/melee/GG and focus on Mvc3 plz. U seem like you already know so much about what you gonna do and it aint out yet.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Thats the plan, actually. Coming down to Whobo for one last melee run, and then Marvel is going to be my world.

Xyro77

fighting games=even nerdier.

why are computer games nerdy anyway? Games are games. how much time you put into them is what matters

Im willing to bet anything that WoW players and SC players put in 10x more time than any other game out there.

CY

Smash Ace
Im willing to bet anything that WoW players and SC players put in 10x more time than any other game out there.
I haven't played SC2 in 2 weeks and when I do I only play for an hour or two. One SC2 game takes 10-30 minutes average. GG

playing Wii games is nerdier.

Xyro77

I haven't played SC2 in 2 weeks and when I do I only play for an hour or two. One SC2 game takes 10-30 minutes average. GG

playing Wii games is nerdier.
Im talking when a person wants to get competitive. Not casual play. And ANY console gaming is seriously less nerdy than PC gaming. Remember the billions of hours people spent on diable 2? SC 1? Its easy to see. I know i played a **** ton of D2 back in the day.

Gea

Smash Master
Im talking when a person wants to get competitive. Not casual play. And ANY console gaming is seriously less nerdy than PC gaming. Remember the billions of hours people spent on diable 2? SC 1? Its easy to see. I know i played a **** ton of D2 back in the day.
Diablo 2 competitive? PvP was a joke. People sink time into it doing runs for equip, not actually "competing" at it.

where is Dormammu and spencer from?
Spencer = Bionic Commando

Dormammu is the adversary to Sorceror Supreme. He basically goes around ****ing up the cosmos like the total badass he is.

Xyro77

Diablo 2 competitive? PvP was a joke. People sink time into it doing runs for equip, not actually "competing" at it.
Doing runs for weps/armor/runes or pvp...ect is kinda competitive or serious play. Anything other than that is casual.

Xyro77

So spencer and Dormammu are like rob/gw? They have no other buddies in the game and they are just off the wall chars?

Gea

Smash Master
Doing runs for weps/armor/runes or pvp...ect is kinda competitive or serious play. Anything other than that is casual.
I'm not getting into another "discussion" with you but you're ******** if you think doing runs makes you competitive.

So spencer and Dormammu are like rob/gw? They have no other buddies in the game and they are just off the wall chars?
No. Marvel has so many cross overs pretty much all their characters are connected in some way. Spencer yes. Except I wouldn't him any more "off the wall" than Clover's characters.

Xyro77

I'm not getting into another "discussion" with you but you're ******** if you think doing runs makes you competitive.
Well it sure as hell aint casual.

I couple competitive and serious play together. Casual is that "i havent play the game in 2 weeks and when i did it was a 10-30min game"

People do runs so they can get the rare **** to trade for more rare **** or to sell. Thats a form of competition. it isnt hard to see

CY

Smash Ace
Yeah but that's with anything. You need to put a lot of hours to be competitive at SC2, and most games.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Eh not really. Trey and I are into like competitve stuff in WoW and raiding and we still have time for a lot of things. He has tiime for all the Trey things he does and I'm around for smash and school and a job and a girlfriend and homework and Word Adkins.

Xyro77

No. Marvel has so many cross overs pretty much all their characters are connected in some way. Spencer yes. Except I wouldn't him any more "off the wall" than Clover's characters.
Yea but like captain america, ironman,thor,hulk.......ect are avengers or have something to do with avengers. pheonix/wolerine/x23/storm/sent/mag.....ect are xmen or have something to do with xmen. So spencer and domu guy dont have a relation to any "team"or group?

Xyro77

You could easily tie him to the Defenders' universe. So yes.
so that means hulk is included in that group too. ok cool i like this. i really want guile and commando back so i can have my old team again

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I remember they had Dormammu in the animated Spiderman cartoon. So yeah, crossovers...if I recall though, he's mostly assocaited with Doctor Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom