• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Alright, who is interested in the Dallas tournament on November 8th? A week after TGC? It's not one of their Friday night weeklies and will count for the circuit Infinity has put up. Options are car pools and megabus. Who's down?

Gea

Smash Master

so apparently there's a small window where you can desync luma during a grab. trying to find other ways to desync.
It looks like Luma had already started their jab (a la what you can do via boost-grabbing with her) and it just happened that it was slightly delayed so pummeling allowed the full jab combo to come out. Would test, too busy right now. That's my theory anyways.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Alright, who is interested in the Dallas tournament on November 8th? A week after TGC? It's not one of their Friday night weeklies and will count for the circuit Infinity has put up. Options are car pools and megabus. Who's down?
Put me down as a maybe.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Maybe you're right.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Did you use the number to report him?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Quit Smash 4 (Listen to Arthur Russell).

Last edited:

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
anyone here playing Sunset Overdrive? I've been extremely wary of most of the heavily marketed games but this one has gotten a lot of praise in the reviews

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Sunset Overdrive showed promise, but it was thrown out the window once more than half the people who were thinking of buying it (me) found out it's Xbone exclusive.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Sunset Overdrive showed promise, but it was thrown out the window once more than half the people who were thinking of buying it (me) found out it's Xbone exclusive.
Trust me i would get a PS4 if it werent for 2 things. 1. MGS 5 is not a sony exclusive anymore and 2. the online community is much stronger on xbox

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, this is very important. Nintendo just released a new patch for smash 3ds. Please download the latest free Smash 3ds patch from the E-shop before you go to TGC this weekend. If a patched 3ds smash tries to link up with a non patched 3ds smash, connection errors and issues will happen. Again, please download the patch ASAP.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Love more than Hobo 12?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Can't talk about it anymore. The past is the past. I must move from the sinking ship of Brawl tournaments and to the new life of Smash 4. Hopefully I can win one of the coming TGC's.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Guess that means I have to mention it 1000% more to help make up the difference.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Met with a Nintendo rep last week and I requested some prizes and Nintendo items to be given out at The Road to TGC 1 event. The Nintendo Rep might not be able to make it because he will be at a Toys R Us event but might show up later depending on what time the event is over. He gave me a box full of Nintendo items and a Mario Kart 8 standee so these are the prizes that will be given out to the 1st place champions:

Smash Bros 3DS: 1st place singles and 1st place doubles champions will receive a Smash Bros Wii U/3DS New Challenger Approaching Shirt.
Mario Kart 8: 1st place champion will receive a Mario Kart 8 standee.
Pokemon X & Y: 1st place champion will receive a prize that's To Be Announced at the venue.

The other Nintendo items will be given out when you register for each game. Items are a 1st come 1st serve. I will be talking to Nintendo about a sponsorship deal for TGC soon and will keep everyone updated on the progress. I'm looking forward to seeing who will become champions and will see you all Nov 1. Lets get hype!

Ps: Get your tickets before they are sold out at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-ro...t-8pokemon-xy-tournaments-tickets-13016154669

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
How old are you these days Razer? I can't help but have this eternally 14 year old impression (this persists on every young'un I've ever met in the Smash scene, including my own :p)

Guys, this is very important. Nintendo just released a new patch for smash 3ds. Please download the latest free Smash 3ds patch from the E-shop before you go to TGC this weekend. If a patched 3ds smash tries to link up with a non patched 3ds smash, connection errors and issues will happen. Again, please download the patch ASAP.
I don't believe this will be an issue Xyro, although I could be wrong. Played for hours yesterday with someone locally who had not patched yet, no observed problems.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This is horrible...

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
False as f. I'm MORTON. HOW CAN I EVEN CAMP? CAN WE GET A 3RD PARTY IN HERE HELLO?

Edit: He also says that Austin camps him to no end to time. He claims Greninja can go in. Austin pls?

Last edited:
Top Bottom