• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
It's DLC. Anything is possible. But since Ridley is a stage hazard I still think he won't be playable. Plus, he's ugly as hell. The fashion police won't allow such an atrocity to join smash.

And Tesh, I HATE Wind Waker so I have no desire to go search for the wand. Also, I've got a B or A on 80% of adventure mode. The other 20% I havnt touched. Maybe it's in that 20%?

Getting Bayonetta today around 5.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So as of now, Ridley is not a playable character, but I fully believe they left the door open for him to be DLC. Ledge grab, killable, little KO icon? C'mon. It's POSSIBLE.
How would they make him playable when he is on Pyrosphere. You want small version of him fighting himself? That would be MEGA DUMB. He'll never be playable, DEAL WITH IT.

The fact they gave him all those animations was just a giant middle finger, and it amuses me even more. The tears will never end.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I cant wait for all of this to be released so zelda can be the hype nintendo thing they showcase. They've been doing so well with all the classic nintendo games, zelda is gonna be klsbffbldflbfdabljfakfhsdvfkjvffsf ggs me

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Stabbing myself in the face is my future now.

Tesh

Smash Hero
bayonetta was sold out at the local gamestop. ill have to wait i guess

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
LMAO at bayonetta being sold out, im about to see if it's the same case for me

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm honestly surprised it was sold out for you, it won't be a huge seller. It could be a low number of copies were printed. Still, it's good to hear the game has generated interest. I guess Sony, MS, and Sega feel dumb...

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just call it Hobo 12 Part Infinity: Legends Never Die

Xyro77

Playing Bayo 1 right now. The cheese is DEEP and corniness is REAL. Music is amazing and of course Bayo is spicy. I can see crazy combos but I can't do them on command yet.

Xyro77

I think the only hard thing is dodging. The rest is fine imo. This music is too good though

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Saw the smash extravaganza a little while ago. Ugh cannot wait for the Wii U version. It looks SO good.

So as of now, Ridley is not a playable character, but I fully believe they left the door open for him to be DLC. Ledge grab, killable, little KO icon? C'mon. It's POSSIBLE.

Also, I bodied Avoid on aib. Taste that mac.
F no and F you. Nov 1 Timmy. Only thing bodied was the org chem exam. Killed it boooy.

Xyro77

Exactly 7 days from now will be Houston’s largest smash 4 event, The Road to TGC 1. After looking at the pre-reg tickets, this event is looking like it will beat (attendance wise) every Brawl event I’ve done in 2012, 2013 and 2014. This could be record setting smash 4 numbers for Houston and maybe even Texas so please come on out, have fun, get good at smash 4 and make friends!!!!

Oh also, The Road to TGC 1 is featuring tournaments for Pokemon X/Y as well as Mario Kart 8. Having all 3 of these games require a lot of equipment so I am begging you to please bring a console/handheld, a game (kart/pkmn/smash) and a TV (only for kart). These are called “full set-ups.” If you bring a full set-up, you will have extra time to do casual matches, money matches and help the event not run until midnite. Also, if you bring a full set-up, I will try and compensate you in some way once the official TGC series launches in Feb.

For more info on The Road to TGC, please go to the following links. Be sure to click “join” or “I am attending” so I can get a more accurate idea of who all is coming.

SWF tournament page
http://smashboards.com/threads/nov-...ouston-texas-free-venue-and-free-food.366489/

Facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1464546770489796

Last edited:

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Just found out the legendary Icelandic singer Bjork born was on November 21st. Its a blessed day indeed.

Ive also been enjoying playing robin wayy more than I expected

Last edited:

Gea

Smash Master
Generally that's where the replay value of those games come from. Since they have such good combo systems, it's all about seeing how far you can take them. The games also play pretty differently based on the difficulty setting, which is a rarity

Last edited:

Xyro77

Dayum I am getting tons of STONE awards. Somehow I am missing tons of scenarios and doing poorly on the ones I do find :(

Edit: this is going to sound weird but am I supposed to care about Bayonetta or the story? She has the Classic "always right, always wins
and always knows what to do" attitude. It's super unrealistic. I feel literally nothing for her.

Music, bosses and that "walk away and shoot without even looking at you" is all mega cool.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The whole point of the game is to be over-the-top and cheesy theme and tone.

If you're playing the game for story, please find another game.

Also, since you are getting mostly stone awards, git gud.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I agree, a pile of vomit is very cute.

Xyro77

The whole point of the game is to be over-the-top and cheesy theme and tone.

If you're playing the game for story, please find another game.

Also, since you are getting mostly stone awards, git gud.
Ok so story/characters are not important. That's fine. I just thought I was doing something wrong.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just look in the mirror and believe.

Top Bottom