• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Have any of you guys pre-ordered from the Gamestop around the block?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I rarely pre-order games. So no.

I did pre-order the smash bundke. 99$ boi

Last edited:

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I haven't pre-ordered either version yet. I guess I should. I really want that bundle with the Gamecube controller.

Anyone else hyped as f*ck for Greninja? He looks incredibly fun, and the gimps I'm seeing with his Hydro Pump are insane.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I haven't pre-ordered the Wii U version yet. I'm waiting to see if Nintendo will release an actual Wii U smash bundle since I don't have one yet.

Tesh

Smash Hero
wiiu is so cheap online though, nintendo 300+ for bundles msrp so urbetter off doing newegg or tigerdirect anywy razer

@Illmatic, yea i preordered whe i got hyrule warriors. im gonna trade in some 3ds games i never play anyway like kirby and theatrhythm and 3d land.

@XYRO, i dont knpow if it matters what level the npc is, si ce you re basically a one man army. dont expect allied officers to be ,uch help in any way. would be nice to see them live longer without assistancei guess

greninja looks like sheik+ right now, icant believe most of the usa scene hasnt noticed

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Good news playa's! I signed a contact to lock in the next date and as xyro mentioned the Road to TGC 2 event will be Dec 6 at Texadelphia. It will be the same format whats used now except we are adding smash wii u to the lineup and still Free venue and Free Food. I will also be creating the Texas Gaming Championships thread for the southwest section soon so be on the look out for that. Im working on a deal right now with a venue that will be using for the future of TGC events. Once I have a date set in stone I will be making an announcement here and in the TGC thread. The TGC thread will be the hub for TGC and will give you information on everything regarding TGC. I will start making the eventbrite and xyro will be launching the Road to TGC 2 thread soon so stay tuned!

The Road to TGC 1 Event: Tickets are flying fast so get your ticket for the Road to TGC 1 event at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-ro...t-8pokemon-xy-tournaments-tickets-13016154669 to secure your spot.

Xyro77

slippy, sheik and Mac look real good right now.

BUT MY FALCHION BLADE WILL BEAT THEM ALL SO DEAL WITH IT

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
You live in league city? I'm near there EVERYDAY. We should smash once the wiiu version is out.
Yep, I moved out of Village Grove East 2 years ago. I remember smashing at your place before that, and you took me to 1 or 2 HOBO's lol. I'm definitely down though. No WiiU at the moment, but playing MK8 at a friends and Sm4sh is tempting me to get one. You have one? I prob won't purchase till after the semester. It'll kill my grades I'm sure of it lol.

Xyro77

I got a medal in hyrule warriors for cutting a 1000 patches of grass but because Nintendo network is down for smash 4 prep, I couldn't post it to MiiVerse.

NOT COOL

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Seriously, what do you guys think of Greninja in Smash4? He is looking really good :)
He may be the best character in this game from what I've gathered from studying Smash 4 so far through custom moves, matchups, tournament results and just overall gameplay from vids. Trying to gauge frames from various threads while taking in and studying everything Nietono and Japan have to offer (they're leagues ahead of the American scene at the moment and are already starting to understand that an aggressive approach outweighs camping with a large percentage of Smash 4's cast). Can't always play this one like Brawl, that's for sure - so I'm super excited to see how quickly I can zone in on people in this game. It's like I have a dozen or so characters that have the combo ability Brawl Peach had but an even faster moveset/design along w/ the technical capacity for a steep learning curve. And it's funny, ironically Peach doesn't seem to have the same combo potential as she did in Brawl despite the faster engine that dishes out higher hitstun.

But yeah, I'm really excited about trying out Greninja. I'll take a stab at maining him just due to his overwhelming speed that'll fit my playstyle but I'm also looking into Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, Palutena, Shulk and Peach as well. For what it's worth - this is what I believe is a rough estimate of the tier list in Smash 4 from watching the current meta that I made for fun based off of results and all speculation from footage I've seen (taking into consideration potential of custom moves as well):

S Tier: 1):4lucario: 2):4sheik: 3):4greninja: (No Specific Order)

A Tier: 4):rosalina: 5):4zss: 6):4sonic: 7):4palutena: 8):4robinm: 9):4bowser:

HIGH
B Tier: 10):4pacman: 11):4shulk: 12):4metaknight: 13):4peach: 14):4rob: 15):4wario2: 16):4bowserjr: 17):4dedede:
C Tier: 18):4dk:19):4yoshi: 20):4olimar: 21):4duckhunt: 22):4samus: 23):4gaw: 24):4jigglypuff:

MID
D Tier: 25):4wiifit: 26):4marth: 27):4kirby: 28):4lucina: 29):4fox:
E Tier: 30):4ness: 31):4littlemac: 32):4darkpit: 33):4pit:34):4mario:35):4miif:36):4villager: 37):4diddy:38):4tlink:

LOW
F Tier: 39):4drmario:40):4zelda:41):4pikachu:42):4myfriends:43):4falco:44):4ganondorf:
G Tier: 45):4charizard:46):4falcon:47):4link:48):4megaman:

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Flip will be the best!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Shhhhhhhh, people don't realize why Mac can be good. They will figure it out eventually.

Xyro77

For real though, this game is too young to make ANY type of list. and it's being played on a garbage system that lacks a c-stick.

Xyro77

There is next to nothing to study except low level play on a bad system. The real fun begins on wiiu.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
He may be the best character in this game from what I've gathered from studying Smash 4 so far through custom moves, matchups, tournament results and just overall gameplay from vids. Trying to gauge frames from various threads while taking in and studying everything Nietono and Japan have to offer (they're leagues ahead of the American scene at the moment and are already starting to understand that an aggressive approach outweighs camping with a large percentage of Smash 4's cast). Can't always play this one like Brawl, that's for sure - so I'm super excited to see how quickly I can zone in on people in this game. It's like I have a dozen or so characters that have the combo ability Brawl Peach had but an even faster moveset/design along w/ the technical capacity for a steep learning curve. And it's funny, ironically Peach doesn't seem to have the same combo potential as she did in Brawl despite the faster engine that dishes out higher hitstun.

But yeah, I'm really excited about trying out Greninja. I'll take a stab at maining him just due to his overwhelming speed that'll fit my playstyle but I'm also looking into Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, Palutena, Shulk and Peach as well. For what it's worth - this is what I believe is a rough estimate of the tier list in Smash 4 from watching the current meta that I made for fun based off of results and all speculation from footage I've seen (taking into consideration potential of custom moves as well):

S Tier: 1):4lucario: 2):4sheik: 3):4greninja: (No Specific Order)

A Tier: 4):rosalina: 5):4zss: 6):4sonic: 7):4palutena: 8):4robinm: 9):4bowser:

HIGH
B Tier: 10):4pacman: 11):4shulk: 12):4metaknight: 13):4peach: 14):4rob: 15):4wario2: 16):4bowserjr: 17):4dedede:
C Tier: 18):4dk:19):4yoshi: 20):4olimar: 21):4duckhunt: 22):4samus: 23):4gaw: 24):4jigglypuff:

MID
D Tier: 25):4wiifit: 26):4marth: 27):4kirby: 28):4lucina: 29):4fox:
E Tier: 30):4ness: 31):4littlemac: 32):4darkpit: 33):4pit:34):4mario:35):4miif:36):4villager: 37):4diddy:38):4tlink:

LOW
F Tier: 39):4drmario:40):4zelda:41):4pikachu:42):4myfriends:43):4falco:44):4ganondorf:
E Tier: 45):4charizard:46):4falcon:47):4link:48):4megaman:

Xyro77

1. Sky isn't good at brawl or melee.

2. He was making comments like "falcon lost his down+b to 2nd jump that he had in melee." When in reality, he lost it in brawl.

3. He use the wrong suit when playing falcon.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This isn't Brawl. People are being silly.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
1. Sky isn't good at brawl or melee.

2. He was making comments like "falcon lost his down+b to 2nd jump that he had in melee." When in reality, he lost it in brawl.

3. He use the wrong suit when playing falcon.
I would venture to say that Sky is at least "good" at Brawl. From what I've heard, he's one of the top Wario mains in the country, and he has a handful of decent placings at some major events (http://www.ssbwiki.com/Smasher:Sky). He also seemed to have quite a bit of knowledge about the game, disregarding minor nit-picks like your second comment.

Regardless, this is only my opinion on Falcon after watching Sky's breakdown and a few matches on YouTube, so take it with a grain of salt. I just don't think that he is/will be bottom tier.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
This game is WAY too young for a tier list to be made. Early days of Brawl, so many people were putting Zelda as high tier, and Sheik and Peach as bottom tier "because they can't kill". etc.

With that said, I do find it funny how you have Lucario, Sheik, and Greninja all listed at the top of your tier list, since other than Bowser, those are the 3 other characters I was considering as possible mains before the game even came out.

:059:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Damn KRD, you a tier-***** now...

Last edited:

Xyro77

Dude, smash wiki says I main Link despite calling me TGM (the great MARTH)

Please quote legit sources lol

I can't tell you how many "knowledgable" players I've met that seriously suck **** at the game. Knowledge in a fighting game is NOTHING if u can't apply it.

I'm not saying falcon will be low tier in this game but he def isn't good/solid.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dude, I thought it stood for The Great Mistake

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hey, I didn't create the name. Someone else did, I just don't want it to die.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Dude, smash wiki says I main Link despite calling me TGM (the great MARTH)

Please quote legit sources lol

I can't tell you how many "knowledgable" players I've met that seriously suck **** at the game. Knowledge in a fighting game is NOTHING if u can't apply it.

I'm not saying falcon will be low tier in this game but he def isn't good/solid.
Well, whether or not you think my sources are reputable, at least you agree that Captain Falcon may not be low tier. That's all I was trying to get across... my belief that he isn't sitting at the bottom of the barrel.

Top Bottom