• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Even though some of the stages will never be legal, they are all pretty amusing.

Why is the single-player secret final boss nightmare fuel?

Well done, Sakurai.

Last edited:

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Are most people planning on getting Smash for 3DS or simply waiting till it releases for WiiU?

I'm liking the new roster despite the excess amount of swordsmen in it. Duck Hunt Dog looks hilarious! Watching yushako's stream frustrates me though as each time I get on he ends up losing to a new character he could've unlocked smh.

[SPOILERS] All color/costumes for the officially announced chars in Smash so far.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...ly-announced-characters-super-smash-bros-3ds/

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
People are going to get the 3DS version mostly for general knowledge of the game. The fact that you cannot do Cstick aerials until the New 3DS comes out will hinder some people. Plus it's just awkward to play a fighting game on a handheld.

The Wii U version will obviously be the definitive edition for tourneys.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
looks like this is it. there wont be any DLC cause we already saw that ****ty wolf trophy and one of ness custom moves is lucas pk freeze.
and sakurai said the roster will be the same on both versions soooo....

Im happy with the newcomers, im more upset that they got so lazy with the veterans. they all look/sound/move the same as brawl.
This feels looks like brawl 2.0. Melee-> brawl was a huge change.
Lets see how the game is competitively though

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
They really did get lazy with custom moves. Even the Miis Fighters are mostly copy+paste other characters moves and properties.

Still, some of the more unique characters like Pacman and Duck Hunt seem cool.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
image.jpg
Final char unlocked

I'd like to thank all the STUPID Ridley lovers who denied literal video evidence from Sakurai saying Ridley is a stage hazard waaaaay back in April.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
How the hell did Ridley get so damn popular is the bigger mystery.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
yeah, this game feels so lazy in so many different areas regarding characters/stages lol

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Dark Pit's side special is an Electroshock Arm.
My main weapon I use in Kid Icarus: Uprising is that electroshock arm with the super tank stats.

But I also had that Thoron crit with Robin as the first thing I ever did in Fire Emblem: Awakening

And I still really want to use Pika too. What do I do???

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Go crazy and use Samus

Xyro77

Lmao at new gens feeling the same thing I felt in melee about clones.

History ALWAYS repeats itself

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm super okay with this character list primarily because Ice Climbers aren't on it.
Pretty excited. :applejack:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Trash tastes CONFIRMED.

But seriously, that is terrible both your mains got cut. True suffering right there.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh hey, I got some of those codes to download the US demo...pretty cool.

A shame it won't matter to most people...

z00ted

How'd you get that code, RT? I'm fine either way but if you wanna share (;

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You had to be Platinum status for the past Club Nintendo.

Not a huge deal, demo comes out for everyone next Friday...

I'll give out any leftover codes probably tomorrow.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
As I predicted.

In hindsight, the New 3DS announcement seems obvious now...

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Why is everyone hyped for the demo when only 5 characters can be played.
I only see people trying out Pika or Megaman if counting people in snoreboreds.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Not hyped, just trying to get use the the physics.

And just Pocket everything with Villager. It's quite amusing.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Playing the Japanese version on my roommate's 3DS.

I REALLY like the new Bowser a lot. I'm no longer sad about now Wolf/ICs.

Edit: Not really feeling the new Sheik. Bair was buffed a little, and Uair is now a decent kill move, but Fair and Nair were nerved into oblivion, especially Nair. Can't really play Sheik the way I did in Brawl, which I guess is fine since it's a new smash game, but it seems kinda bad when Bowser is better at going out off the ledge and edgeguarding than Sheik is now.

I was able to consistently combo Dthrow into Uair against level 9 CPUs though. Not sure if it can be DIed or Air Dodged. If not, then that's a big plus for her.

:059:

Last edited:

z00ted

Sheik's fair was fine from what I played at the E3 Demo. Might wind up maining her.
Anonymous gave me a code and this game is.... basically Brawl lmao.

I'm excited to see what's up on the Wii U version but 3DS demo isn't that fun, really. Especially considering you can't change controls and pretty much every character is terrible aside from Mario and Pikachu. I feel like this game's competitive community will be alright but anyone who was relatively decent at Brawl is going to stamp out practically everyone (including Melee players) for a good while.

It's just a faster Brawl w/ an even faster shield now. Combos are there but it's more due to a character's moveset rather than the game's mechanics. Hitstuns barely recognizeable aside from at higher percentages which makes almost no sense at all to me and DI is now performed through crouching which is pretty dumb lol. Reading your opponent now is going to be more important than ever.

I just wanna try a fast character and play good people basically so thanks Trela for going over to Austin's tomorrow!
I can see a ton of matches being entertaining within Houston w/ proper controls and on the Wii U but for now it's just slightly more appealing to me than Brawl due to the speed, potential character development and movement.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The fact that airdodging has been significantly nerfed alone completely changes up how players interact in Smash 4 compared to Brawl.

It definitely feels familiar to Brawl, but I feel like it'll definitively be far more extravagant than what the demo has shown.
Plus Valdens got the japanese full game. Imma play Sanic and go fast again. :applejack:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Dunno how it is in the demo, but I've been playing the full japanese version, and it's fun so far. It feels similar to Brawl, yeah, but something about it just feels better IMO. When I first played Brawl after having played Melee, I wasn't actually impressed, and didn't like how slow it felt and everything. When I played Smash 4 after having played Brawl, I had quite a bit of fun.

The only thing I REALLY don't like is that Shulk's counter is a kill move at fairly low percents (got killed by it at 67% as bowser) and on one stock, I got hit by counter twice. Went from 0% - 50% That's a bad sign.

Edit: Oh yeah, I haven't actually read much about Smash 4 yet, but I can confirm that Falco can jump and Up B again after his Side B. Also, if you use Side B on the ground, it won't send you off stage. Same with using Bowser's Up B off the ground.

Falco's Lasers are also slow now and have ending lag if you land while using it, and his Dair has startup lag and huge landing lag.

Edit edit: Meta Knight now has a spike. I hit with just the first two parts of Fair against a CPU near the ledge and it spiked him down far enough that he couldn't recover.

:059:

Last edited:

Xyro77

Illmatic, the crouch thing isn't the only way to reduce KnockBack. DI does exist as normal.

KRD, Shulk prob killed you early because the MONADO may have been on the Art called "Buster"

Top Bottom