• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Trela

Smash Lord
I do feel like I get too impatient when it comes to tournaments sometimes. My time will come soon....

....But for now, Puzzles & Dragons it is.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Puzzle and Dragons is fun and promotes git gud. I found my new Smash training game.

Flip, plz, how many more do you need? A man can only take so many Diablos before he does the Diablos scream himself.

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
When is CEO again?
Its June 26th to June 28th. I don't anything about Mii Fighter 1111 being banned on the site's official ruleset:

• 2 Stock 6 minute Timer 2/3 matches, Items and Equipment Off.
  • Custom Moves and Amiibos are Banned.
  • Available stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd
  • All Omega stages are banned.
  • First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1(1)-P2(2)-P1(2)-P2(2)-P1(1) order.
  • You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to
  • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character
  • Coaching or stalling between rounds is prohibited to 60 seconds maximum, Any delays between rounds are subject to a game loss
  • You may only use your 3DS if needed as a controller, no custom movesets or loading anything onto the WiiU
  • READ VERY CAREFULLY: GameCube Controllers are Preferred for tournament use because they are wired direct to the console (GameCube Adapters will be at every station), However Wii-Motes, 3DS and WiiU Pro Controllers are allowed. WiiU GamePads are banned. If you choose to use a Wireless Controller(Wii-mote,3DS or WiiU Pro Controller) you agree to de-sync & turn off your controller immediately after your match is done & make staff members aware of your wireless controller. Failure to do so which may cause interference in another tournament match will get you disqualified without refund from the Tournament in either Doubles or Singles. This is to prevent wireless controllers from ruining another player's event experience but I would like to allow players to use their preferred controller so they can attend the event.
Unless its mentioned somewhere else. Lack of Skyloft makes me sad tho. All Omega stages being banned is also dumb.

Last edited:

ReturningFall

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RecurringN
3DS FC
1934-0989-6824
When there's a will, there's a way.

2942 Westerfield Ln, Houston TX, 77084
Cool, I'll see what's happening about time. It's about an hour and half drive each way without traffic. What time would this be?

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Omegas/Skyloft etc. are banned at EVO/CEO because the music on these stages is only licensed for personal use, not for streaming/making money off of it.

I think if you explained to them how Miis work, they would be on board with allowing them. Default size 1111 Miis are available on every setup in a matter of seconds and its entirely possible these primarily FGC tournaments haven't looked into the specifics on this strange ugly create-a-character.

CEO is customs banned, and they might be confusing the entire Mii character with customization. Though some TOs are foolish enough to allow customs but ban Miis (Xyro did this at road to tgc 1).

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
CEO is customs banned, and they might be confusing the entire Mii character with customization. Though some TOs are foolish enough to allow customs but ban Miis (Xyro did this at road to tgc 1).
i was told default miibrawler had the 1hitko punch. so i banned miis

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I really hope Miiverse is ready so it's not Smashville/Town & City, Battlefield and Lylat Cruise.

I really wish they didn't ban all the Omega modes.

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
Cool, I'll see what's happening about time. It's about an hour and half drive each way without traffic. What time would this be?
Around 7 ish (for doubles), singles will start a bit later. Let me know if you're running behind. I'd suggest leaving super early to beat the traffic just in case.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
SMOOOOOM.

Maui is absolutely gorgeous. Retiring from real life to live here and say mahalo whenever I'd like. Def a good choice for a honeymoon/vacation destination.

Lol oops, everyones asleep. It's 10:25 pm here.

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼

this is the money cat, repost in the next 24 hours and money will come your way!!

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Around 7 ish (for doubles), singles will start a bit later. Let me know if you're running behind. I'd suggest leaving super early to beat the traffic just in case.
Doubles is starting at 6:30 actually, singles at 7:30. But yeah, just let us know if you'll be coming by. Definitely plan ahead for Houston traffic.

Also its a shame that those stages are banned at big tournaments just because of music issues. I mean, can't they just turn off those particular copyrighted songs?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Is the copyright on songs thing true? That is pretty stupid if true. But then again, if you stream for monetary gains...

Miiverse stage will just be Omega Wii Fit with BF platforms complete with crudely drawn ***** and terrible memes in the background.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
RT I completed my Tigerstripe Zamtrios CB. No longer need Diablos tails lol. I think I have most of the weapons to cover each situation for CB, time to grind for either Honed Blade set or Ukaukau Set. Need to do some guild quests for some better talismans.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You're pretty much at the endgame then. Honestly, I just need to get a clownsuit that has the right skills and is fully upgraded, then just work on making on all the weapons of each element/status.

As for Guild Quests, start leveling them up. You'll need them lvl 140s for good stuff, especially if you're gonna farm for Divine Spheres or Relic equipment.

I've pretty much slowed down on MH since I already played so much compared to everyone else. Let me know when you're HR200+ and I'll jump back in. Still need to finish Caravan.

Until then, Puzzle and Dragons Z will keep me busy.

Last edited:

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
Wait... CEO has CUSTOMS ON?... fk that....i thought they were doing Vanilla Smash 4..

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
  • 2 Stock 6 minute Timer 2/3 matches, Items and Equipment Off.
  • Custom Moves and Amiibos are Banned.
  • Available stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd
  • All Omega stages are banned.
  • First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1(1)-P2(2)-P1(2)-P2(2)-P1(1) order.
  • You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to
  • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character
  • Coaching or stalling between rounds is prohibited to 60 seconds maximum, Any delays between rounds are subject to a game loss
  • You may only use your 3DS if needed as a controller, no custom movesets or loading anything onto the WiiU
  • READ VERY CAREFULLY: GameCube Controllers are Preferred for tournament use because they are wired direct to the console (GameCube Adapters will be at every station), However Wii-Motes, 3DS and WiiU Pro Controllers are allowed. WiiU GamePads are banned. If you choose to use a Wireless Controller(Wii-mote,3DS or WiiU Pro Controller) you agree to de-sync & turn off your controller immediately after your match is done & make staff members aware of your wireless controller. Failure to do so which may cause interference in another tournament match will get you disqualified without refund from the Tournament in either Doubles or Singles. This is to prevent wireless controllers from ruining another player's event experience but I would like to allow players to use their preferred controller so they can attend the event.
Those are the current rules right? like knife said, i dont see anything about mii fighters being banned. and if Customs are Indeed Off, then i am most likely still going

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Where is everyone getting customs from? It is custom banned.

Edit: My message went through late.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
*Sees new gen cry about customs being on*
*sees old gens tell him they are off*
*sees new gen post ruleset with customs off and asks why they are on*

NEW GENS

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
New gens don't know about Hobo 12, Lobo (which had that restaurant on fire), one-armed security guard, sweatshop Hobo at that one place, Funplex nightmares, Planet Zero sweatshop, Geasis, Sync's Sex Saloon, Battle Network, SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!, Ozz dusty garage fests, IHOP days, Trash Day nonsense, Play N Trade going out of business, Zuma, Dave and Busters, Anime Matsuri, or any Whobos.

NEW GENS PLZ GO

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'd say if you can't identify at least 50% what is on that list, you are still considered new gen. I didn't even include everything, and most of the stuff listed was well known. I even added more stuff.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Come back in about 7 years for a retest.

Top Bottom