• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Wow, I chose the right time to get out of town. Sync's area seemed ok around 4pm Sunday at least, I had no issues. Hope none of you were impacted too much.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Wow, I chose the right time to get out of town. Sync's area seemed ok around 4pm Sunday at least, I had no issues. Hope none of you were impacted too much.
All the rain happened between 9pm and 2am.

Btw, how did you guys do at the PKMN event?

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
All the rain happened between 9pm and 2am.

Btw, how did you guys do at the PKMN event?
We all did terrible :(

P4 won the Premier challenge on Saturday, but all of us tanked at the main event, which was surprising since almost all of Texas's best Pokemon players went. At the very least, it was a pretty fun trip aside from the rundown hotel we stayed at.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
School was cancelled today due to flooding
Had no idea it was that severe in my area

Xyro77

Is that a HIGHWAY I see flooded??
Yes. Dude it was so bad out there. Almost as bad as Tropical storm Alison in 2000 or 2001.

If you wanna see more, google last night's events and you will see how bad it got. Check out ABC 13 or KHOU twitter accounts. The pics/footage is insane. 3 people have died. 1 was found in a truck under a highway with 6 feet of water over the truck. Another was floating in a bayou. it was pretty bad.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, people are comparing this to Tropical Storm Allison, though not nearly as bad. For you people off from school or work, go read about it and get educated. Do something productive, you lazy bums.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
RIP $50.

You would have had a better home in my wallet.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Alright guys and gals, here is the (kinda) MANDATORY registration page for For Glory 5 on July 11th. Please fill this form out correctly for me. It is very important for both you and I that you fill out this form as i will be using this to seed pools correctly. If you dont fill out this form before it closes (July 9th) I cannot promise that you will be seeded correctly in your pool, no top player privilege here. There will be 8-12 pools depending on entrants and it will lead to a top 16-24 bracket for singles. Doubles registration is also in the form. If you dont have a teammate no worries you can tell me the day of and it will be fine. Well here is the link. http://goo.gl/forms/aocAxbhlP2

ReturningFall

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RecurringN
3DS FC
1934-0989-6824
This might be the wrong place, but I happen to be in southeast H-town briefly (until Saturday morning). Do you guys have weeklies meetups or something somewhere? Weather permitting, I might be able to make something.

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
This might be the wrong place, but I happen to be in southeast H-town briefly (until Saturday morning). Do you guys have weeklies meetups or something somewhere? Weather permitting, I might be able to make something.
There's a weekly in Katy this Thursday. You should come.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
But we all need amiibo money...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You'll get sucked into a life you don't know how to get out of
I just want one of each (Smash ones and probably Wooly World, other ones are negligible), and I actually use them. I'm not like a certain someone who plans to get 5 Greninajs...

Last edited:

Trela

Smash Lord
Just learned that CEO will have Mii Fighters banned.

I know I have a lot of other characters I could play instead of Mii Swordfighter, but he's arguably the character I've had the most success with and the one I've been practicing the most with for the past month. I could make the switch back to Mewtwo again or even bring back the original three of Robin/Shulk/Charizard.......I don't know.

Not sure if I want to go anymore.

Xyro77

Don't spend plane/food/housing/tournament money on something that bans your character.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Probably because of size concerns. As long as default 111 guest Mii is used, it should be allowed. This means of course no flower on head or crooked smile...

SO **** IT, ABANDON QUEST.

Last edited:

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
Allowing all customs but banning Miis? That's just sillyness.... wtf

If they are preparing to have all customs on each setup, it wouldn't be a big deal to have preset variants for Miis loaded up as well.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
"We'll allow custom move shenanigans but no Mii Fighters plz."

Just...okay.

Trela

Smash Lord
I could try to argue for them to be legal, given that I may very well be in fact one of the only Mii Fighter players there, especially in an event without customs. Not sure if they'd listen, though.

Who from Houston would even be going for certain? Ticket prices are already a little over $300 from what I've seen. I also don't have a teammate and would like to team with someone I know I could do well with and feel comfortable teaming with, like someone from Houston or San Antonio. Also heard that the venue's hotel and other hotels nearby it are just about all booked out of rooms.

Like HOLY F DUDE LOL there's always something holding me back from attending any tournaments out of Houston and San Antonio. Customs, 2 stocks, Miis banned, none of my closest friends wanna go, or overall just afraid of a bad tournament experience. At first I wasn't interested in being this much of a tryhard, but then I saw how big Smash 4 really was and got jealous of all of those playing at nationals and thought to myself, "If they can do this well at nationals, then so can I."

Some people would probably tell me to SUCK IT UP and play under all these circumstances and, dare I say it, ADAPT, but I've been through them before and have no desire to deal with any of that again, because it is simply not fun. There is a level of tryhard I will not cross, and customs with 2 stocks at events that use said rules because it's best from a "business standpoint" (someone from Dallas literally said this on stream at one point) are places where I do not enjoy playing this game competitively.

But enough rambling about non-CEO events. I still want to consider CEO if you guys do, too. I can try talking with the ones behind the event about the Miis, but want to know if it's even worth it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Trela confirmed tryhard, all respect lost.

Brb, deleting from all contact lists.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Trela, just do what is safe and stay in SA/Houston until a REAL national happens.

Spoilers: one is coming VERY soon. I just got the tip an hour ago. Huge payouts and it will be ran MLG Dallas style (best event I've ever been to btw) if my contact is correct.

Top Bottom