• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That's quite an intriguing way to say "Study break" ;)
Well, that is more fitting of Mitsuru than Elizebeth. Which is also worth noting, I have looked into things a bit more and it turns out Mitsuru's social link also has some noticeable undertones. You don't go all the way with her like Elizebeth and Aigis, but it's certainly there.
Ahhhhh, okay. Interesting! I did not remember that. Even if Aigis is a robot, them acknowledging the culturally-transgressive notion of the relationship is a good sign for the future.
Yeah, and considering the theme's of P5 and the comments they got regarding the topic, maybe it can be touched upon again in this new version of P5. Considering how much they actually did in P3P and the almost inclusion of Yosuke's romantic route in P4, it's certainly possible.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
All the FeMC P5 stuff I see online is Gender Bent. P3P just had an entirely new character. They should probably do that instead IMO. Lets her be her own character instead of P5 Protag's Distaff Counterpart

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, and considering the theme's of P5 and the comments they got regarding the topic, maybe it can be touched upon again in this new version of P5. Considering how much they actually did in P3P and the almost inclusion of Yosuke's romantic route in P4, it's certainly possible.
Definitely. If it is Kido directing P5R, I would be kind of surprised if it didn't happen, in the FeMC's route at least. If it's someone new or if it's the P4A/PQ/P4DAN guy then I don't know how likely it is... It just fits thematically so well that I am kind of surprised it wasn't included in the base game (but also not surprised because Hashino).

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I have some questions, specifically for anyone who played P3P. How different was Valentines Day for the FeMC and how would being female in Persona 5 affect things when it comes to that?

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
I have some questions, specifically for anyone who played P3P. How different was Valentines Day for the FeMC and how would being female in Persona 5 affect things when it comes to that?
If FeMC goes out with Ryuji as a couple, then Ryuji will give his gf the kindest gift of all:

A box of chocolate that's half empty because he gave some to his mom beforehand.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If FeMC goes out with Ryuji as a couple, then Ryuji will give his gf the kindest gift of all:

A box of chocolate that's half empty because he gave some to his mom beforehand.
As funny as that is, wouldn't the FeMC be the one giving the chocolates?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Why would you want to be romancing ryuji in the first place?

well, everyone has their tates, i guess.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Persona 3 actually skips Valentines Day.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Why would you want to be romancing ryuji in the first place?

well, everyone has their tates, i guess.
I mean, I know I won't choose him for my FeMC playthrough(If it gets on Switch), but he's not that bad.
Persona 3 actually skips Valentines Day.
Weird. There still is a moment where the MC/FeMC almost gets caught if they have been cheating, right? I recall that at least.

So then, how do you think Valentines Day will go for our P5 FeMC?

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I think it could play out mostly the same, with the FeMC giving the chocolate to whoever you're with in Leblanc instead. And maybe if you cheat on them, it could be more like P4 where they guilt trip you instead of actually attacking you.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
I think it could play out mostly the same, with the FeMC giving the chocolate to whoever you're with in Leblanc instead. And maybe if you cheat on them, it could be more like P4 where they guilt trip you instead of actually attacking you.
Fun Fact, The P3P FeMC could date everyone and not get into trouble

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Fun Fact, The P3P FeMC could date everyone and not get into trouble
The P3 MC could do that as well. I guess they figured that since you didn't have a choice in the matter originally, you will be given a pass this time.

P4 on the other hand? That game destroys your soul if you cheat.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
The P3 MC could do that as well. I guess they figured that since you didn't have a choice in the matter originally, you will be given a pass this time.

P4 on the other hand? That game destroys your soul if you cheat.
Actually, dating multiple girls starts a countdown till their SLink reverses. If you hang out with Mitsuru and Yukari is your GF, you have 60 days before the SLink reverses. This number jumps ahead for each time you choose to spend time with them by 15 days.

amageish

Smash Master
Here's another FeMC design AND Hamuko in Joker's attire:
Ooo. I actually really like the yellow eyes in the picture, even though that would be super confusing in the main game given how that's a metaverse eye colour...

Plot-Twist: P5R's FeMC is just Hamuko, both in terms of design and sassy/carefree personality.

I assume it would be this... Though the Feb 15th scene has become so famous that I could see them purposefully inverting it - like, maybe you walk in on everyone you are dating conspiring together as opposed to them all going into Leblanc?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Actually, dating multiple girls starts a countdown till their SLink reverses. If you hang out with Mitsuru and Yukari is your GF, you have 60 days before the SLink reverses. This number jumps ahead for each time you choose to spend time with them by 15 days.
Interesting. I have heard about that as well, just never really got context. I just know that there is a moment in P3 where your male friends help hide the fact that you are dating multiple girls from the girls themselves.
I assume it would be this... Though the Feb 15th scene has become so famous that I could see them purposefully inverting it - like, maybe you walk in on everyone you are dating conspiring together as opposed to them all going into Leblanc?
That is certainly an interesting angle. What do you think they would be conspiring together?

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
That is certainly an interesting angle. What do you think they would be conspiring together?
I'm thinking, like, they've realized that you're cheating on them and they're planning some sort of revenge? Each person you are dating proposes some sort of revenge plan - ranging from immature pranks to something actually harsh - allowing for unique dialogue, before deciding to do what they do in P5 proper and go to beat you up.

If Futaba isn't a love interest, then maybe she hacks into their conversation to allow you to hear/read it and hide before they come to get you. Otherwise, you listen in on the conversation and then go hide.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm thinking, like, they've realized that you're cheating on them and they're planning some sort of revenge? Each person you are dating proposes some sort of revenge plan - ranging from immature pranks to something actually harsh - allowing for unique dialogue, before deciding to do what they do in P5 proper and go to beat you up.

If Futaba isn't a love interest, then maybe she hacks into their conversation to allow you to hear/read it and hide before they come to get you. Otherwise, you listen in on the conversation and then go hide.
The prank idea is a karmic possibility, but I don't think they would put beating you up on top of it.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Interesting. I have heard about that as well, just never really got context. I just know that there is a moment in P3 where your male friends help hide the fact that you are dating multiple girls from the girls themselves.
That scene happens regardless. It's just a kooky japanese high school dating sim scene

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That scene happens regardless. It's just a kooky japanese high school dating sim scene
Good to know.

On another note, I am once again saddened by the fact we wont be getting Palutena's Guidance for DLC character. I realized just now that the potential in a unique guidance for the FeMC(They have done so with other alts) which would have very likely acknowledged her status as an inverse "Marth Debuted in Smash Bros." Again, it's lack of appearance is understandable, especially now that we know of the possible FeMC, but I am still bummed after I had such hope after we saw the Plant get one.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
The prank idea is a karmic possibility, but I don't think they would put beating you up on top of it.
That's fair. I wasn't suggesting they successfully do both, but that they propose a bunch of pranks before deciding its easier just to beat you up, but then you escape... I was just trying to think of a way for everyone to have their personalities show through a la the one line everyone gets in the beat-up.

On another note, I am once again saddened by the fact we wont be getting Palutena's Guidance for DLC character. I realized just now that the potential in a unique guidance for the FeMC(They have done so with other alts) which would have very likely acknowledged her status as an inverse "Marth Debuted in Smash Bros." Again, it's lack of appearance is understandable, especially now that we know of the possible FeMC, but I am still bummed after I had such hope after we saw the Plant get one.
Yeah... I understand why they aren't happening, but it does feel kind of sad to not get them after Planty did...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That's fair. I wasn't suggesting they successfully do both, but that they propose a bunch of pranks before deciding its easier just to beat you up, but then you escape... I was just trying to think of a way for everyone to have their personalities show through a la the one line everyone gets in the beat-up.

Yeah... I understand why they aren't happening, but it does feel kind of sad to not get them after Planty did...
I just don't think the FeMC being beat up is very likely in this case. I still expect the police brutality to happen, its just that pain based humor tends to always go in the guys direction when it comes to Persona. Yosuke and Ryuji can well inform you on that fact.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It does reaffirm my belief that PP was supposed to be the requisite silly last character in the base roster, but wound up missing it.

At least less voice recording sessions won't slow things down for potential further DLC. For this round, it would have been difficult to top the Piranha Plant species name list rundown as far as funny moments go.

I just don't think the FeMC being beat up is very likely in this case. I still expect the police brutality to happen, its just that pain based humor tends to always go in the guys direction when it comes to Persona. Yosuke and Ryuji can well inform you on that fact.
Double standards, that is all.

Last edited:

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I think the interrogation scene would remain the same, in the end it's still a teenager being drugged and beaten for a confession, I don't think it was meant to be a pleasant scene.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think the interrogation scene would remain the same, in the end it's still a teenager being drugged and beaten for a confession, I don't think it was meant to be a pleasant scene.
That is why I don't think they will change it. These officers are not very good people, so I don't think gender is going to hold them back in forcing a confession out of you. Not only that, I would just find it kinda weird to have the Jokers male self look so broken and dazed, but his female self look practically normal. Male Joker got that way because he was beaten up pretty bad. It's almost iconic to P5 in a weird way.

Edit:
So, with the Pokemon Direct tomorrow and the new Detective Pikachu trailer today, I have a fun Persona X Pokemon question to fit the mood. What type of Pokemon do you think the each Persona users in the series would use? You know, as if they were a gym leader.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
So, with the Pokemon Direct tomorrow and the new Detective Pikachu trailer today, I have a fun Persona X Pokemon question to fit the mood. What type of Pokemon do you think the each Persona users in the series would use? You know, as if they were a gym leader.
I mostly avoided legendaries, but here's what I think they'd be (3 per member):

Joker: Silvally, Zoroark, Luxray
Skull: Marowak, Infernape, Jolteon
Panther: Sylveon, Liepard, Salazzle
Fox: Smeargle, Samurott, Alolan Ninetails
Queen: Pangoro, Sawk, Lucario
Oracle: Metagross, Cofagrigus, Beheeyem
Noir: Roserade, Gardevoir, Haxorus
Crow: Gengar, Bisharp, Lycanroc (Midnight Form)

Most of these are pretty much based on their personalities, Persona (if applicable), fighting style, and abilities in-game.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am just going to say this right now, Ryuji would totally pick a Scorbunny if he had to choose one of the three Sword & Shield starters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What is this persons record when it comes to leaks?
As far as I know, just the previous P5R unveiling:

In the latest development, a reliable leaker, who previously spoke about Persona 5 R ahead of its reveal, has taken to Twitter to reassure Persona fans a Switch release is happening.
Although one thing for sure is, they'd be the only person voting for Ohya on here, heh. At least the killswitch lines up with current Joker Smash reveal theories.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
"Before May" seemed virtually garunteed if it was happening, given how the final(?) episode of the anime is in March and the Concert (at which they have historically announced games) is in April, but okay, sure.

If this is the case, then Persona 5 R is probably following the same pattern Persona Channel did - teasing something during an anime that turns out to not be a singular game but to be the website and project plans for a bunch of games (last time it was Golden, Arena Ultimax, and Dancing All Night, I believe). Woo?

Also, the annual ATLUS (Japan) survey is out. Few noteworthy things:
- They ask about audience interest in Persona action-adventure, text adventure, and card games. They do not ask about a shooter game, as they have in years past.
- They ask for opinions on the Persona 5 anime and if it made people more or less interested in buying the game.
- They ask A LOT about social media platforms, virtual YouTubers (ex/ Kizuna Ai), let's players, and such... This could be so they can do better targeted sponsorships with influencers, or maybe they're considering some sort of ARG-thing.
- They ask about the Persona collabs with mobile games, but don't mention Smash Brothers.
- They no longer ask about remakes of Shin Megami Tensei NINE, but do now ask about remakes of Persona Q and Catherine: Full Body (yes, they ask about remaking a month-old-game) - in addition to Persona 1-5, SMT III and IV, Soul Hackers, Raidou Kuzunoha, Etrian Odyssey, and Devil Survivor.

Top Bottom