• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This may be a tad random, but I just realized that Mr. L is probably what Luigi would look like if he were a Phantom Thief. I can easily see Mr. L being what Luigi thinks a rebel looks like.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I don't know if you guys have heard from other threads, but Joker's shield size is huge. It's one of the biggest in the game, right between Ganon and Dedede. So he definitely has his persona out while shielding, which would seem to imply that he either has a persona out at all times, or that they are worked into his moveset and animations more than people seem to be expecting.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if you guys have heard from other threads, but Joker's shield size is huge. It's one of the biggest in the game, right between Ganon and Dedede. So he definitely has his persona out while shielding, which would seem to imply that he either has a persona out at all times, or that they are worked into his moveset and animations more than people seem to be expecting.
Source?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I don't think it would be out at all times, just for certain actions.

Found some more Persona X Pokemon art.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This is the first I've heard of it, has any new datamines happened?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Source
From the Square thread. I think it's from the same datamine, people just didn't pay attention to that stat in particular before now, but don't quote me on that.

Edit: that came from this.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I just had a thought. They said in the direct he'll be out "before the end of April". That's a weird way of putting it. I feel like it means it's possible they'll finish in March. If there wasn't a chance of that, they'd have just said "he'll be releasing in April" instead. They set a definitive latest date but not a definitive earliest date. Hopefully we'll get a late March release, or at least early April rather than later April

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I just had a thought. They said in the direct he'll be out "before the end of April". That's a weird way of putting it. I feel like it means it's possible they'll finish in March. If there wasn't a chance of that, they'd have just said "he'll be releasing in April" instead. They set a definitive latest date but not a definitive earliest date. Hopefully we'll get a late March release, or at least early April rather than later April
Hopefully it's the former. Though I suspect it wouldn't be until after the GDC, at the earliest.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Hopefully it's the former. Though I suspect it wouldn't be until after the GDC, at the earliest.
If it's March, I'm sure it won't be until the end anyway. If it was decently likely I think they'd have said March or April for the release. They implied April but left it open for the possibility of March. It makes me think a March release is only if they make really great time, and is probably unlikely.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Has anyone else found that advertisements for Joker have started stalking them around the internet? As they appear before YouTube videos, on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, and generally everywehere for me....

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

osby

Smash Obsessed
A classic mode idea for Joker: What if he fights against other "new" fighters? As in, ones that debuted in the last decade? I'd prefer a run that references P5 more directly but it would be a fun way to remind people he's the youngest guest in the roster.

Classic Mode: Newbie Challengers

Round 1: Against :ultbayonetta::ultdarkpit:, in Umbra Clock Tower (free-for-all)
Round 2: Against :ultshulk::4alph: in Gaur Plain
Round 3: Against :ultrobin::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultcorrinf:, in Arena Ferox
Round 4: Against :ultisabelle:, in Tortimer Island
Round 5: Against :ultgreninja::ultincineroar:, in Kalos Pokemon League
Round 6: Against :ultinkling:x4, :ultinklingboy:x4, in Moray Towers (horde battle)

Persona 5 music plays in all stages, final boss is Master Hand.

EDIT: I forgot about Alph, sorry buddy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A classic mode idea for Joker: What if he fights against other "new" fighters? As in, ones that debuted in the last decade? I'd prefer a run that references P5 more directly but it would be a fun way to remind people he's the youngest guest in the roster.

Classic Mode: Newbie Challengers

Round 1: Against :ultbayonetta::ultdarkpit:, in Umbra Clock Tower (free-for-all)
Round 2: Against :ultshulk:, in Gaur Plain
Round 3: Against :ultrobin::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultcorrinf:, in Arena Ferox
Round 4: Against :ultisabelle:, in Tortimer Island
Round 5: Against :ultgreninja::ultincineroar:, in Kalos Pokemon League
Round 6: Against :ultinkling:x4, :ultinklingboy:x4, in Moray Towers (horde battle)

Persona 5 music plays in all stages, final boss is Master Hand.
I honestly would be disappointed if they did that. I think Joker's Classic Mode should be themed on the 7 deadly sins, as it would match with the themes from P5 and SMT as a whole. Here is my idea:
Classic Mode: Road to Rehabilitation

Round 1: Zero Suit Samus in Peach's Castle (Melee) (Lust)
Round 2: Bowser and King K. Rool in WarioWare, Inc. (Vanity)
Round 3: Kirby in Fourside (Gluttony)
Round 4: Ridley in Gerudo Valley (Wrath)
Round 5: Wario in Space Armada (Greed)
Round 6: Luigi, Falco, and Diddy Kong in Mementos (Jealousy)

The final round would represent Pride. It would either be a boss fight against Dracula or Master Hand and Crazy Hand at Pirate Ship Omega.
Only Persona music will play, with the final fight playing Rivers in the Desert.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I honestly would be disappointed if they did that. I think Joker's Classic Mode should be themed on the 7 deadly sins, as it would match with the themes from P5 and SMT as a whole. Here is my idea:
Classic Mode: Road to Rehabilitation

Round 1: Zero Suit Samus in Peach's Castle (Melee) (Lust)
Round 2: Bowser and King K. Rool in WarioWare, Inc. (Vanity)
Round 3: Kirby in Fourside (Gluttony)
Round 4: Ridley in Gerudo Valley (Wrath)
Round 5: Wario in Space Armada (Greed)
Round 6: Luigi, Falco, and Diddy Kong in Mementos (Jealousy)

The final round would represent Pride. It would either be a boss fight against Dracula or Master Hand and Crazy Hand at Pirate Ship Omega.
Only Persona music will play, with the final fight playing Rivers in the Desert.
I also prefer a deadly sins/Palace theme, it's just it's pretty much the only classic mode idea people talk about. I just wanted to try something different.

StormC

Smash Hero
If it's March, I'm sure it won't be until the end anyway. If it was decently likely I think they'd have said March or April for the release. They implied April but left it open for the possibility of March. It makes me think a March release is only if they make really great time, and is probably unlikely.
A recent Twitter advertisement confirmed April, in this video:

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Missed a few pages.
So it'll really be april then. Was hoping too for march, but i have a feeling it might be early april. Which means it's just a month away :)

Really, there should be some info sometime this month too. That's what i really want to see.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Okay, so it's definitely April then. I think it'll probably be in the first 2 weeks since it seems they thought it was possible they'd be done in March. Thanks for the info!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Oh, good. I was considering the possibilty of taking my first week off this year for April.

amageish

Smash Master
I also prefer a deadly sins/Palace theme, it's just it's pretty much the only classic mode idea people talk about. I just wanted to try something different.
Points for originality! Definitely a good idea for a classic mode, if not Joker's.

I should have noticed this... Seriously, this ad appears everywhere for me and its getting annoying.

That said, the fact they are advertising it so heavily with a non-gameplay trailer makes me wonder if it will be a "Smash Mini-Direct, Joker Available After" scenario? As if they planned on releasing a gameplay trailer next week, then one imagines they'd save their advertising budget to promote that one?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Points for originality! Definitely a good idea for a classic mode, if not Joker's.

I should have noticed this... Seriously, this ad appears everywhere for me and its getting annoying.

That said, the fact they are advertising it so heavily with a non-gameplay trailer makes me wonder if it will be a "Smash Mini-Direct, Joker Available After" scenario? As if they planned on releasing a gameplay trailer next week, then one imagines they'd save their advertising budget to promote that one?
I just hope it's true they've been waiting on showing gameplay because they want to show off the possible female version too.
Altho, I would kind of expect for persona 5r news before that.

I mean, dont they know we wanna see some gameplay? :O

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That's not how the modern game industry works, they expect that a very small teaser is enough to hook people.
Not necessarily. They show things once in a while and it hypes people. After k.rool was revealed they showed stuff for him as well as d.samus and chrom. And with all the other fighters we at least got a bit of gameplay way before. We just have nothing with joker, just one shot of the model.

Also, on possible p5r news, there's this post I saw:

In regards to P5R, keep an eye out for Sega FES 2019 on March 30-31. Sega in general tends to reveal some of their higher profile projects there.
I think it'll be worth looking out for, i think it'd be the perfect time to show something related. possibly, anyway :)

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Not necessarily. They show things once in a while and it hypes people. After k.rool was revealed they showed stuff for him as well as d.samus and chrom. And with all the other fighters we at least got a bit of gameplay way before. We just have nothing with joker, just one shot of the model.

Also, on possible p5r news, there's this post I saw:

I think it'll be worth looking out for, i think it'd be the perfect time to show something related. possibly, anyway :)
Whoever said that must be a very handsome fellow.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah well I'll believe it when I see it. I don't really expect anything noteworthy until next month.

That aside, has anyone noticed if people went on a gold rush for Persona 5 copies since the Ultimate reveal?

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I just hope it's true they've been waiting on showing gameplay because they want to show off the possible female version too.
Altho, I would kind of expect for persona 5r news before that.
The next Persona 5 anime special is on March 23rd, which I think is already confirmed to have some sort of news during the commercial breaks (which is where we got the first P5R teaser trailer). Follow it up with a Smash Direct second/third week of April where you detail and release Joker.

I'm sure we will also get something at the SEGA FES, but also ATLUS has kind of continued to do their own thing even as SEGA bought them. I mean, they revealed all the Persona games released last year at a Japanese concert only streamed via Niconico.

Overall, I do hope that this is an abnormally large waiting period though...

StormC

Smash Hero
Mini Direct in April with Joker gameplay and a Brave reveal is the only thing that makes sense to me.

These characters have to sell, they’re not going to skip gameplay.

Top Bottom