• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Is this the longest time Persona fans have had to wait for Persona-related news and/or dry of content? I imagine some fans are not used to it after being spoiled rotten by Atlus the past couple of years lol.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Is this the longest time Persona fans have had to wait for Persona-related news and/or dry of content? I imagine some fans are not used to it after being spoiled rotten by Atlus the past couple of years lol.
Not even ****in' close. Just off the top of my head, here's a good example. Persona 5 was announced in late 2013. We did not get the first real trailer for it until February 2015.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
LMAO if you think this is a drought at all.

We were never even promised Persona 5. Persona 6 sounds like a ridiculous idea to me. Persona 4 was out for like six years before we even got a whisper of P5. The most we got of P5 for years was "You are slave. Want emancipation?". Everyone called Joker Chairy Potter because all we had was his face and the infamous chairs trailer.

Silly.

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, ATLUS loves being trases with vague reveals and announcements of announcements of announcements, especially the infamous P5 teaser. Even now, Shin Megami Tensei V was announced just with a bunch of random demons at the Switch reveal event and since then we have gotten one teaser trailer that revealed its title (previously having just been said to be a Switch SMT game). I think we can handle waiting from December 2018 to March 2019 for P5R news.

The main difference is that more people are paying attention now, so there are constant rumors about what P5R is (and what P5S and P5U are ((and how they're connected, if they are))). Smash Brothers has definitely pushed the rumor mill into overdrive, given how that 5chan rumor connected P5R, P5U*, and Smash together.

Plus, ATLUS is still kind of pretending the internet doesn't exist, so they reveal PQ2 to English audiences by showing the opening of PQ2 that has been available viewing for months as the game is already out in Japan...

* P5U = Persona 5 Arena

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I like you dude, but can you please just stop? I don't know what it is you have against persona fans, but it seems like every post you make contains some kind of negative point against the fanbase and it's getting really annoying. We already know you think Persona fans are entitled and spoiled, so you don't have to keep saying it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Thinking about Joker's classic mode again. One route they can go with (though I doubt they will) is focusing on Joker's Persona ability and make him fight with other characters who possess psychic powers.

1. :ultzelda:(telepathy)
  2. :ultshulk:(future visions)
  3. :ultlucario:(telepathy/aura)
  4. :ultpalutena:(telepathy)
  5. :ultness::ultlucas:(PSI)
  6. :ultmewtwo:(Psychic type)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Thinking about Joker's classic mode again. One route they can go with (though I doubt they will) is focusing on Joker's Persona ability and make him fight with other characters who possess psychic powers.

1. :ultzelda:(telepathy)
  2. :ultshulk:(future visions)
  3. :ultlucario:(telepathy/aura)
  4. :ultpalutena:(telepathy)
  5. :ultness::ultlucas:(PSI)
  6. :ultmewtwo:(Psychic type)
This is just Lucas's route except for Rosalina, Robin & Bayonetta. Just because Zelda and Palutena use telepathy doesn't make them psychic; their abilities are powered by magic.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I like you dude, but can you please just stop? I don't know what it is you have against persona fans, but it seems like every post you make contains some kind of negative point against the fanbase and it's getting really annoying. We already know you think Persona fans are entitled and spoiled, so you don't have to keep saying it.
Sorry. Just that part of me is already getting annoyed how in some parts of the net: Some Persona fans think there must be some oh so special reason why they have not seen Joker gameplay yet like there being a female Joker, that he will have the Bowser Jr. treatment with all the PTs, and many many more never factoring that making a character from scratch actually takes work and stuff. It was funny at first, but overtime it started making me get spoiled and over-entitled vibes especially when ATLUS is far from done with milking Persona 5.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On that topic, how long did :ultmewtwo: take between reveal and release last time, exactly?

Also, I'm about 90% certain Joker probably will just have standard alts.

Granted, there is also the concern that all the pass characters are supposed to be revealed by Feb 2020, so it makes it feel like procrastination if one doesn't assume that several characters are being worked on in tandem.

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
On that topic, how long did :ultmewtwo: take between reveal and release last time, exactly?

Also, I'm about 90% certain Joker probably will just have standard alts.

Granted, there is also the concern that all the pass characters are supposed to be revealed by Feb 2020, so it makes it feel like procrastination if one doesn't assume that several characters are being worked on in tandem.
I think Mewtwo gameplay/release date was around April. But unlike Joker, Mewtwo was a returning veteran who already had a moveset so...

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Sorry. Just that part of me is already getting annoyed how in some parts of the net: Some Persona fans think there must be some oh so special reason why they have not seen Joker gameplay yet like there being a female Joker, that he will have the Bowser Jr. treatment with all the PTs, and many many more never factoring that making a character from scratch actually takes work and stuff. It was funny at first, but overtime it started making me get spoiled and over-entitled vibes especially when ATLUS is far from done with milking Persona 5.
Anyone expecting the Bowser Junior treatment is delusional.

But the female Joker thing is perfectly normal speculation. I really can't fathom how thinking that they may wait to show off gameplay that would include a female alt until female Joker is announced for Persona main series is entitled. It's called speculation. No one is demanding anything. No one is threatening not to buy. It's literally "I wonder if this might happen?". You seriously need to learn the difference.

BTW the Bowser Junior thing I remember like one person making one post about and then realizing it was ridiculous. And they never said they expected it.

In general, please stop lumping all persona fans in together. Condescending comments like the one I responded to do nothing but antagonize people who have exhibited none of this behavior you're complaining about. If you have a problem with other persona fans on another site then take it up with them. Don't come here and take it out on us.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is just Lucas's route except for Rosalina, Robin & Bayonetta. Just because Zelda and Palutena use telepathy doesn't make them psychic; their abilities are powered by magic.
Aren't Personas powered by magic, too? Their skill are even called spells.

But yeah, it's still nothing unique, I just like making up classic modes.

D

Deleted member

If Joker is a thief...
Does he support EA?
Don’t take this post seriously.

amageish

Smash Master
So if Persona 5 comes to switch, do you think they'll make a P5 Pro Controller? I would pay good money for that.
Persona Q is one of the few third-party titles to get a themed 3DS in all regions - and that was before Persona 5 made the series mainstream internationally. So, I actually wouldn't be too shocked?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That is freaking awesome.

Teeb147 Teeb147 any particular reason, or just no?
I wasn't fully serious, but i do have trouble seeing things like persona pro controllers or things like that. If there is something though it could be cool.
Those custom ones are really sweet.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I wasn't fully serious, but i do have trouble seeing things like persona pro controllers or things like that. If there is something though it could be cool.
Those custom ones are really sweet.
I wouldn't expect it, but I think it's possible. They do make third party switch related stuff like the monster Hunter dock, and considering Joker just got in smash, they're probably going to be pretty serious about marketing it. Plus, like Amageish said above, they made a persona 3ds in all regions. I think it's just a series that's easy to make good merch out of because of its unique style.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I wouldn't expect it, but I think it's possible. They do make third party switch related stuff like the monster Hunter dock, and considering Joker just got in smash, they're probably going to be pretty serious about marketing it. Plus, like Amageish said above, they made a persona 3ds in all regions. I think it's just a series that's easy to make good merch out of because of its unique style.
Sure, something or other is definitely possible.
And at least, we'll get an amiibo at some point :)

Well, seems that there's already proof that something is happening in April:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...kit_introduces_vr_gaming_on_switch_this_april

Although I'm sure that Smash news won't overshadow this.
Huh. Well, I'm really curious what that'll amount to. It looks pretty specific and makes it look like a kid thing. VR in general would be cool tho.
And yeah I dont think it'll clash at all with anything smash-related.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
To be fair, Labo is mainly aimed towards kids and families, so that's basically the point. I just hope it works better in practice than the Virtual Boy.
I actually had that exact thought. Virtual Boy was Nintendo's biggest flop, and these look a bit unimpressive. I figure it uses the switch's screen, so i dont think it'll be that great for looks as far as vr goes. But the price is low and if it's mostly aimed at kids then it might not matter too much. Might be fun in a light way.

Top Bottom