• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Hero-King's Council: Video Analysis

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld

Rip me to shreds guys my body is ready. This is online play but still, comment as if it weren't.

I haven't looked at these yet on my own to analyze it. Going to work now. Will be back to read.
Didn't see many full hop fairs, or more of what you did at 5:37, sh rising fire to double jump falling fair to bait Links laggy grab and punish it. Felt like you dashed too much, and pretty sure you're aware just reminding you, Marth's dash to shield sucks. Didn't see many/any crossups either, Link kept shielding and punishing and you kept letting him. Walking in (bravely) and power shielding/shielding his projectiles and continuing to walk until he's in range of your moves is optimal, though hard to due on wifi. Force him to be uncomfortable without committing. You've said it yourself many times, walking is great as marth. and cant you jab his boomerang/arrow? and catch his bomb with dash attack/aerials?

You also used counter unwisely alot, stop that. you don't always have to drift back to the opponent after getting hit, you can grab the ledge. Also on the ledge you were preeeetty impatient. He got alot of free kills vs you, while you mostly got damage when the situation was reverse. Honestly there's almost no reason not to just use neutral get up. It's vulnerability frames are practically nonexistent, and if you buffer shield the only thing he can really do is grab which is reactable since his grab is slow.
90% of your approaches were sh fair. Feels like you're flowcharting too hard. You don't always have to attack. Try different movement options. Test your opponent, see how good they are/how they react to things and adapt accordingly. That was the biggest things, barely any adaption.

You shielded way too much and too predictably. Did the link ever even miss a grab vs you? Think about that vs the amount of grabs you missed.

Needs more baiting. Basically more of what you did at 5:37 with the double jump instead of land and get punished. Oh and at 833 with the tipped fsmash. BEAUTIFUL. Remember shieldbreaker, and that it probably outranges everything he has. Space around that sometimes instead of sh fair/fsmash.

Holy crap way too much shielding. Maybe its wifi, but after almost everything you do you shield. Aren't shield drops like 13 frames or something? Thats 13 frames you can fill with something. A jab to ward off a shieldgrab. An upb to ward off an attack. A roll away, starting up a walk, something! I feel like you're buffering shield after most your options. Am I right? ( I notice because that's how I play oftentimes and sure as hell did that in brawl where it was godlike)
You're ledgetrapping wasn't bad(:

Hmm you stepped it up the 3rd games and up! You're ledgejump fair to turnaround dancing blade was really nice, and you're edgeguarding was on point.

Need to work more on punishing. Saw way too many whiffed smashes as an attempt to punish. Dash grab or dash dancing blade would've gotten you the punish vs a 13 frame startup (more if you think about how the sword has to fully arc down to the ground) fsmash.

Also when link pulls a bomb out his options are limited. Dash to grab or dash to roll behind him and grab are good ways to punish him if he just pulls a bomb and immediately throws instead of jumping and trying to fair.

More crossupssssss. Don't assume the opponent is going to be looking and automatically punishing the roll. Its not brawl, rolling is actually a solid option (esp vs shielding opponents since shield drop is longer) and marth has good (maybe great?) rolls.

You also upb'd waaay to early after trying to edgeguard link in an attempt to stage spike I think? You can just wait and grab the ledge, its not brawl you won't get edgehogged if you don't aim for onstage(:

BTW that duck hunt dog trolled you sooo many times xD

It's alot harder to play straight up as marth due to lots of changes to his design, which is what it looked like you were doing. More baits/traps, and indirect approaches will help you greatly.

Something I've noticed is that marth mains play like no other character. What other character do you see (and I saw this half seriously) "spamming fair" over and over again hoping it'll work? Or doing random attacks when nobody's even close to them? Or trying to fsmash everything that hits their shield? They play alot more safer (and imo smarter). Whenever I play against other characters I see them all getting in close then attacking, while most marth mains swing first hoping the other guy will be in range/run into it. Swing when they're actually in range! Basically marth mains are so used to walling people out we forgot that hey we actually need to hit the person and not just scare them into not moving. It's like we're afraid of people getting in our space, learn to be comfortable even if the opponent is not in tipper range.

Think of the many times you're right next to an opponent (out of grab range) and they're shielding. As marth there's absolutely no reason to recklessly hit their shield (coughfsmash) , he doesn't have (any?) moves that are safe on shield. The most safe thing you can do is retreating sh fair, but why give up that space? Your opponents options are usually pretty limited but many times I'll see players mash that cstick or roll away. Why not sit there and watch what you're opponent does. 9/10 they'll prolly try to grab you even if you're out of grab range or roll away, which you can punish if you stay cool and wait for them. If you start to notice they like to hold shield until you do something, shieldbreak. Otherwise whatever they do you can react to and punish, and even if you don't you can remember what they like to do in that uncomfortable situation. (all this is for everybody and not just you)

Anyways hope you learn something from this feed back(:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Cross-ups are unsafe as hell. I just do them to be tricky. Alot of the dash to shield was simply to test my reactions in a laggy environment. Thank you for the tips though. Much appreciated.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

Rip me to shreds guys my body is ready. This is online play but still, comment as if it weren't.

I haven't looked at these yet on my own to analyze it. Going to work now. Will be back to read.
Link has a lot of anti-air options and you should bait them. Rolling behind Link is actually a decent way to get close to him while being safe.
Going offstage and using counter on Link's recovery is great for gimping. Keep it as an option depending on his recovery pattern, though you did great with Fair gimping.
You did great, just a few MU tips

(I'm not sure if this is well known, but Link's Master Sword has more knockback on its tip, like Lucina, so be aware of that.)
Lots of matches.

My long set vs Raziek's Robin. Rip me open on that one since it's my first time fighting a Robin. And he is probably the second strongest Robin, with only Nairo being better. He is certainly the most knowledgeable imo.

You did great. Not much to add here except landing offstage hits more consistently which can be hard in wifi.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Cross-ups are unsafe as hell. I just do them to be tricky. Alot of the dash to shield was simply to test my reactions in a laggy environment. Thank you for the tips though. Much appreciated.
In this game you need to be tricky as Marth, esp at higher levels vs better opponents. Just straight up approaches aren't as effective due to Marth's lack of options.

And no problem. If any of my matches get streamed I'll link them and you can tear me up(:

You played great vs Raziek though, suggesting the connecting was much better then the link set?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
For all of Brawl's era and I guess now Sm4sh that I've lost to this guys DK. I'm sure a mental block has a huge part to do to it, but a review would be greatly appreciated.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
For all of Brawl's era and I guess now Sm4sh that I've lost to this guys DK. I'm sure a mental block has a huge part to do to it, but a review would be greatly appreciated.

You did really well when you had momentum. As you can see, when you really went in and controlled the stage and applied pressure, you did well.
DK wants to have you offstage or on the ledge. He gains so much control like that, with his range and DownB.
You'll want to not let him do that. Control the stage and have him in the air. His size makes him easier to be juggled and his laggy aerials don't help him much either.
Basically do what you did when you had momentum.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
In this game you need to be tricky as Marth, esp at higher levels vs better opponents. Just straight up approaches aren't as effective due to Marth's lack of options.

And no problem. If any of my matches get streamed I'll link them and you can tear me up(:

You played great vs Raziek though, suggesting the connecting was much better then the link set?
It is which I do not understand because william lives in NY and Raziek lives in freakin Canada. I guess my connection with william is just poor for w/e reason.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
It is which I do not understand because william lives in NY and Raziek lives in freakin Canada. I guess my connection with william is just poor for w/e reason.
Well, my internet is...passable, so that probably is a big part of it.

The connection feels fine to me though but I might just be more used to it.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815

Ouch, that match was harsh for ya dude o.e I’ll try break down all that I can to help:

- Your spacing was good, but you started losing consideration for it once DK showed up. DK’s hitboxes for example seem to have you caught off guard a lot of the time, particularly with the UAir and BAirs. You were getting a little too close and not anticipating that he’d likely attack you first. Being directly above the opponent with Marth is not ideal, since only his DAir can stop something below, and that has a bit of start up. With the BAirs, DKs use that move a lot due to its spacing abilities and such – as I’m sure you’re well aware. Once his back is turned and jumping, expect him to go for that a lot, so either OoS something (like Jump + DS or grab) him or back up and pivot FTilt. Better to be safe than let yourself run the risk of being hit with that

- DK’s down B has a great range that can also be held for consistent hitboxes. You’ve got a good reflex for spot dodging, but he was using it to his advantage. He liked setting up from DTilt to Down B as well, but Down B is also commitment heavy and the trip from DTilt isn’t guaranteed. In this case, you’re better off blocking, jump cancelling the shield, then retaliate via Air DB setup or Nair/FAir. Its good to spot dodge most attacks, but when your opponent has moves with lasting hitboxes, you may be better blocking it and waiting till the attacks are over before doing something.

- Speaking of which, I did see the air DB setup being used, though most of them didn’t work too well. The intimidation was there, but Will kept his cool and waited till you landed. In cases like these, take the double jump escape option if the first hit misses and they don’t show any favourable reaction upon the first few times of using it. The Air DB setup can catch people off guard, but its risky to go for if your opponent is grounded and the DB itself doesn’t connect. But I will say that was an excellent Air DB setup > FSmash; Will didn’t see that one coming at all. However, if you want that first hit Nair though, you can skip the DB part of the setup, and time a NAir just before you land; then you can do all the follow-ups like FSmash or grab and stuff.

- I also noticed you were trying to go for the ground DB setup, though you were using one of the forms that is a bit more uncommon and slightly unwieldy. DB1-2 > DB1 is incredibly risky due to opponents, like Will did, mostly opting to rolling away/behind you. It does work when your opponent doesn’t expect it, but remember you’re using the neutral version so they will touch the ground a little sooner than with the Up B version on second swing. That sort of setup is more ideal at higher percents when the initial slash causes more lift and baits a bad reaction from your opponent. What are safer options after connecting the first two hits of the DB setup is either DTilt or running grab (but the regular side B followup will push them away a bit, and for DK’s case, you don’t necessarily need that at close range, so Up B is a more assured version for the follow-ups). There are other options too, but those will be your best bets with the setup.

- During recoveries, if you see your opponent jump off stage to get you, don’t just try to ignore him and go straight for the sweetspot. Our DS, as fast as it is, won’t protect you from any attack coming from behind. That said, Will intentionally goes offstage to trade, knowing that he can hit you out of it. You usually had a second jump to spare, so use that paired with a UAir/air dodge ready so you can hit people trying to gimp/stage spike you. As for your own gimping, DK’s recovery you have to be infront of with a FAir/counter to deal the finishing blow. You could spike him as well if you wish, but the timing will be stricter than the other two. Don’t chase DK when he still has a jump left unless you feel really confident you can read when he’ll use it. His weakpoint is when the Up B has started, so strike at that point but setup so you’re infront of him (preferably slightly above as well.

- Getting the kill during the last match was particularly difficult for you at the start. The tippers were not coming out as well as you could have made them, but I’m chalking it up to the slight frustration/confusion you were going through. You, as Marth, must remain calm and in control as much as possible. You don’t let them pressure you and you force them to your pace, all the while reading their movements and getting the attacks in. Frustration/confusion will cloud your judgement and make you play outside of your playstyle. Playing outside of your playstyle can be a good or bad thing, which in this case, was bad, and frustration is always bad no matter what. DK was making you go for him, but you were hesitating at points where you could have finished the job with a FAir (for example) instead of retreating. If you’re gonna go for the offstage stuff, be bold and remember your spacing well; you can beat DK offstage, but you need to anticipate where he was going to go. One more thing you could have gone for to get the stock was OoS grabbing > up throw, as DK was at those percents that you could have finished him off with it.

+ To end on a positive note, you were doing very well with spacing at the start of the set. You knew what you had to go for, and didn't hesitate to sacrifice a stock to take one of your opponent's stocks. You can play well when the opponent doesn't match your range, and that may be why you lost to that DK - as you weren't accustomed to someone matching your range, or you just let frustration/confusion get the better of you. DK gets bullied hard by those setups if you can get them in the right situations, so I'd suggest looking into the options more and go for outspeeding DK with them.

This is a lot to take in, but I hope all these can help you out the next time you face him.

SmashF13ND

Smash Rookie
I am a Marth main in smash4 and i was wondering. Has anyone founf out any hitboxes for smash4 yet. As for Marth videos i have a good combo/kill montage with Marth if it's ok to post it in this part of the foum?

LXD92

Smash Rookie
NNID
LXD92ID

Hello!

Would like to get some feedback on my Marth to see what i can improve. I got a few things in mind but would like to hear what people on this forum can give me as i want to get better.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166

could use some tips/advice :]

Last edited:

Langston777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
langston777
Here's a set in an online tournament i was in... it's only 2 matches, and I'm not very knowledgeable with the G&W match up but nonetheless i'll take anything you guys can dish out. Marth/Kirby/Fundamentals, anything you see wrong with me.

Langston777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
langston777
Finally got a match recorded...sorry for the terrible quality ;/
KJ(marth) vs gauis (shiek) First match of the day for me
http://youtu.be/QyYfiLACEm8

@ Emblem Lord Emblem Lord and @ Shaya Shaya thoughts? hit me with everything
i don't have advice as i don't have experience against shiek but your spacing and control was very commendable, you have a great marth. your answers to shiek were perfectly placed. i can't say the same for that shiek player, he seemed a bit inexperienced compared to you but you handled it beautifully regardless. was a good and informative watch, keep it up.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
@ kj22 kj22 - You played the Hero-king. Great spacing and fundamentals. You baited Sheik into playing footsies, the one thing Marth can beat anyone in and then you punished her each time for it. You were careful to not overextend much and you made correct reads in situations that could have been bad for you. The falling Uair to follow-up was one example. Not safe at all, but you had a feel for your opponent and it paid off.

Only thing I can say is that there were times where you feeling yourself a bit I suppose and I saw some HARD read f-smashes and U-smashes. They went unpunished by the Sheik so its clear to me there is a skill gap, because you basically NEVER missed a punish.

Don't be so desperate for the kill. Marth's smashes have nearly a full second of recovery. He cannot afford to whiff those attacks. When punishing stick with Dancing Blade or f-tilt. Don't stale out f-smash like that. F-tilt is faster and kills around 120%. DB is better for damage and is also faster then f-smash.

You had a strong habit of dashing up then rolling. Try replacing that with short hop back. You maintain control and stage presence. I also notice your fondness for shieldbreaker. It's a 19 frame attack. Be careful about over using it.

That's all I really have. Just clean up some things and you could probably claim the title of strongest Marth.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
@ kj22 kj22 that was phenomenal play. I don't have anything else to add since Emblem Lord pretty much covered that. If you are ever in the Austin area, let me know. I would really like to play against you and get some advice myself. I was going to comment on one missed D-air that you made. But after re-watching that, I do believe that you where trying to read Shiek's option X that would have made the move connect since the following D-airs that you performed did hit and where not used randomly. Again awesome Marth gameplay.

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
Finally got a match recorded...sorry for the terrible quality ;/
KJ(marth) vs gauis (shiek) First match of the day for me
http://youtu.be/QyYfiLACEm8

@ Emblem Lord Emblem Lord and @ Shaya Shaya thoughts? hit me with everything
Reaaally solid play.

But just a note. Learn to use upthrow. Its like, the easiest kill tool we have against characters who cant kill very well. It starts killing at like ~120 with rage.

Langston777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
langston777
I wouldn't mind mirroring you either sometime. Best way to get a feel for how someone plays your main is to get beat by your main i guess.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
@ kj22 kj22 - You played the Hero-king. Great spacing and fundamentals. You baited Sheik into playing footsies, the one thing Marth can beat anyone in and then you punished her each time for it. You were careful to not overextend much and you made correct reads in situations that could have been bad for you. The falling Uair to follow-up was one example. Not safe at all, but you had a feel for your opponent and it paid off.

Only thing I can say is that there were times where you feeling yourself a bit I suppose and I saw some HARD read f-smashes and U-smashes. They went unpunished by the Sheik so its clear to me there is a skill gap, because you basically NEVER missed a punish.

Don't be so desperate for the kill. Marth's smashes have nearly a full second of recovery. He cannot afford to whiff those attacks. When punishing stick with Dancing Blade or f-tilt. Don't stale out f-smash like that. F-tilt is faster and kills around 120%. DB is better for damage and is also faster than f-smash.

You had a strong habit of dashing up then rolling. Try replacing that with short hop back. You maintain control and stage presence. I also notice your fondness for shieldbreaker. It's a 19 frame attack. Be careful about over using it.

That's all I really have. Just clean up some things and you could probably claim the title of strongest Marth.
yeah my thirst was pretty real, I wanted to end stocks asap, and I def know vs a better opponent I'd be getting punished. As I rewatched I realized I kinda chose the wrong punish options around kill percent because I was unsure what to use, but db is a great bread and butter like you said and I think dash upsmash as a punish at kill percent works better than the dsmashes I was using (provided I have enough time). Ftilt is a great tool I didn't think of, frame 8, does 9-12 damage.

I was doing that to bait a reaction, as a roll back is pretty hard to punish unless it's a read. Its not actually a habit I have, it was something I was consciously doing to see how he'd react. I'll definitely start adding retreating sh in the mix, I get what you're saying about stage presence. Probably some empty shff to get to the ground quicker.

Yes I love shieldbreaker ;P

I'll work on replacing my "HARD read f-smashes and U-smashes" with more safer things to make my marth more solid. Thanks for the feedback!
@ kj22 kj22 that was phenomenal play. I don't have anything else to add since Emblem Lord pretty much covered that. If you are ever in the Austin area, let me know. I would really like to play against you and get some advice myself. I was going to comment on one missed D-air that you made. But after re-watching that, I do believe that you where trying to read Shiek's option X that would have made the move connect since the following D-airs that you performed did hit and where not used randomly. Again awesome Marth gameplay.
I definitely will! Whenever houston goes to an Austin tournament I'll let you know(:

I wouldn't mind mirroring you either sometime. Best way to get a feel for how someone plays your main is to get beat by your main i guess.
Unfortunately don't have a wii u...when I do though you guys will be the first to know! I go over to Sync's house on the weekends to smash, most of houston's top players visit frequently (razer/trela/gnes/shadow1pj/fliphop) and all smash. If i'm there and nobody around i can play though, but its a longshot

oh wow rewatching I really like shieldbreaker...there was a time where I literally did that 4 times in a row...need to watch out for that
Also got hit by bouncing fish by surprise to many times. I blinked and my stock would be gone. I wonder if marth can counter BF?...Ill most likely try to spotdodge it so shiek land on the ground with lag.

Last edited:

GroundZero996

Smash Apprentice
Man, I'm trying to find good Marth Videos to post now that I've picked him up, but it doesn't seem like anyone of FG nows how to deal with a decent Marth... And I'm way too green to get any good footage from Anther's Ladder matches.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The main thing to take from that video for those not aware is how good our sour spots are for comboing.

(Fast fallen sour fair got him a grab and also the knock into the ground which gave him the fsmash read).
Also zero mentions down throw -> back air, which is his best choice. He didn't mention how reliably that set up will work with a fair follow up after the bair (dthrow -> bair -> fair -> fair is very workable on most characters).

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
i played denti, i died.
Denti came to the first Austin monthly, I wasn't able to play him sadly. Anyways, from that first match three things stood out:
  1. Your spacing was off, most of your attacks where almost hitting with half of the sword inwards towards Marth at the first half of the match. Denti capitalized on this significantly.
  2. You where throwing out attacks without knowing if they would hit or not. Due to Marth's end lag these may be a liability, which again Denti was able to capitalize on.
  3. Your rolls where predictable, after getting back on stage you rolled towards Denti, you also liked to roll behind him and usually a Pikmin would be coming at you.
Anyways, that's what I was able to observe from quickly seeing the first match. I hope that helps.

Langston777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
langston777
Feel like Mr. E could have closed that Palutena set out with a raw fsmash at the ledge. Palu kept getting up at kill percent with ledge fall > double jump > fair at a predictable timing.

Wow though, maybe Mr E didn't know the match up but Jr looks like a really uphill battle. Mr. E had to work so hard for his damage and kills, not to mention Jr's amazing air game practically counters Marth's with it's lasting hitboxes and disjoint. (also **** side b) Interesting to see that MU at high level play.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
This is from showdowngg, Zello's Marth vs. Hurl's Captain Falcon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL-N62f5CSI.
No offense, but that match wasn't really that great. Falcon was INCREDIBLY AGRESSIVE and didn't use his grab game well at all, he also ended up using incredibly risky moves to try to approach aka Falcon Kick and he got wrecked by tippers and counters because of it. I mean, I'm sure Hurl will learn from it and become a better Captain Falcon, but I didn't really get anything from it as Marth. D:

Wow though, maybe Mr E didn't know the match up but Jr looks like a really uphill battle. Mr. E had to work so hard for his damage and kills, not to mention Jr's amazing air game practically counters Marth's with it's lasting hitboxes and disjoint. (also **** side b) Interesting to see that MU at high level play.
It likely involves one not knowing their match-ups to an extent, but regardless holy crap that was hype as hell. Even though Mr. E got 0-3'd, that match was basically one side getting stringed/comboed back and forth and the mind games both possess made it intense as hell and fun to watch. The main issue Marth has vs Bowser Jr. is honestly the fact that his Side-B to jump is SUCH A GOOD BAIT TOOL for someone like Marth and it basically means Bowser Jr. has an easy time approaching because it's really hard for Marth to reliably land an aerial and not get punished from the lag. :c His zoning is amazing too, but man Bowser Jr. has the baiting tools and Mr. E's opponent (forgot the name :() did an incredibly good job at keeping it up!

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Eh, there just videos from a not well known fighting game uploader and some of their players are pretty wicked like Rice's Dr. Mario or Zex's Sheik. In a way, it's like the whole great players in a region, but nobody knows them or they can't for some reason compete in bigger tournaments. Also, I didn't watch it. :p

This is Zello's Marth vs. Pump Magic's Triple D: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRJEnXPVIy4.

I didn't watch this one either. :p

Whoops, missed this one too... Rice's Marth vs. GCFox's Jigglypuff and Samus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TIwwIUdRdQ.

Last edited:

GroundZero996

Smash Apprentice
Eh, there just videos from a not well known fighting game uploader and some of their players are pretty wicked like Rice's Dr. Mario or Zex's Sheik. In a way, it's like the whole great players in a region, but nobody knows them or they can't for some reason compete in bigger tournaments. Also, I didn't watch it. :p

This is Zello's Marth vs. Pump Magic's Triple D: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRJEnXPVIy4.

I didn't watch this one either. :p

Whoops, missed this one too... Rice's Marth vs. GCFox's Jigglypuff and Samus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TIwwIUdRdQ.
King Dedede is a sleeping high tier IMO. People stopped using him after he got nerfed, but I still think he's got what it takes. He's just impossible to kill and way quicker than you would expect.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Have another vid of me, this time vs slush, a pretty good yoshi main back from brawl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcudIDx1Ink&index=5&list=PL-ZZxiBKUOzh1g8juyzEpgTB9Ffb0X83k

please critique to your hearts content!(:

edit:yeah I realize I got pretty desperate for the kill at times...also would get a lead then lose it randomly ;/ need to work on being more consistent and better defense. Also I swear that fsmash shouldve tipped in game 1 on my last stock, and game 2 I didn't think the last move was going to connect so I didn't bother doing anything..;/
Rewatching it seems like I have periods of dominant performance followed by periods of...bleh were I get opened up. Not sure if that's a Marth thing or a me thing...

Last edited:

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Well you already know about the killing thing, which is what I'd say is the main thing to work on. You took quite a bit of damage from whiffing kill moves. The only other thing I noticed was you could use DS OoS; there were a few times he hit your shield and would've been hit by it.

Top Bottom