• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I wonder if there will be any capacity for Xenoblade Chronicles items. Seems unlikely, but we'll see.
Spike Gem. When you equip it you get the spike effect, and enemies that attack you will take damage themselves.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I'm just sitting here trying to figure out how Shulk was able to fight Link and Marth using the regular Monado.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I'm just sitting here trying to figure out how Shulk was able to fight Link and Marth using the regular Monado.
Well, some aspects of canon do have to be set aside for any character to really work in Smash Bros., but if you do want to get technical about it Link and Marth aren't exactly people of Bionis, are they?

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
Been a while since I've been here, but I'm so happy that Shulk's officially confirmed. I literally squee'd a bit once I read that he was announced (I couldn't squee as loud 'cause I was in class at the time lol)

I'm definitely gonna play as him a lot, yes siree~! :b:

D

Deleted member

He's The Incredible Shulk! Nothing will stop him from having his dreams be fulfilled.

You know how we joked that Shulk would be the worst character against non-robots due to the Monado not harming homs? I just thought about that and...
The Monado can't harm the people with Zanza's blood, and since none of the other characters are created by Zanza, the Monado can slice through them, like a hot knife through butter!
Pretty neat attention to detail.
Then Shulk dittos would be an absolute nightmare to watch! I can't wait to see them give 1% damage to each other. :troll:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
What do you guys think could work for Xenoblade items?

As random as it sounds, i think random Nopons could work as thrown items, in reference of that Riki's introduction cutscene:

Maybe with flower effect when you hit your opponent with them to reference Riki's arts.

Last edited:

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
I can't take the hate anymore.

Aside from that, I'm hoping one of Shulk's alts has glasses.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
What was that song playing when they were revealing Shulks' moves? Sorry, haven't played Xenoblade...

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
So i'm back, I think I should call the doctor, I've been hyped for over 4 hours straight. I don't think this is healthy.

thecharizardf8

Smash Cadet
idk if its unhealthy but ive watched this shulk trailer nearly my whole day on repeat. It was our destiny for him to be confirmed

cuz its shulk :troll:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
So i'm back, I think I should call the doctor, I've been hyped for over 4 hours straight. I don't think this is healthy.
"Please contact your doctor if you experience hype longer than 4 hours"--Commercial for Erect-HYPE Dysfunction.

And now if you'll excuse me, I have a trailer to watch...again...

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
And why is the Monado cut off in the series symbol? Does it appear like this at some point in the game, or is it just a weird decision they made? I don't remember seeing it be that short in any pictures, but I don't know why they would crop it instead of making the entire Monado's silhouette the symbol.
I don't know if anyone had answered this yet, but it's from the game's loading screen:

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
It feel so great Shulk having his own sub-page now. All those months, years we were hoping he'd be in Smash 4 is finally real.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
It feel so great Shulk having his own sub-page now. All those months, years we were hoping he'd be in Smash 4 is finally real.
Even though we knew he was in thanks to the leak, it still feels surreal to see it be official. He has his own subforum, we now have a trailer and official pictures, and there's now a page for him on the Smash site. It's...incredible. It feels so surreal, and so wonderful. On that note, I feel like watching the trailer again. I JUST CAN'T STOP <3

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
idk if its unhealthy but ive watched this shulk trailer nearly my whole day on repeat. It was our destiny for him to be confirmed
I've been watching people's reaction videos to it all day xD my friends can't even handle me right now.
Even though we knew he was in thanks to the leak, it still feels surreal to see it be official. He has his own subforum, we now have a trailer and official pictures, and there's now a page for him on the Smash site. It's...incredible. It feels so surreal, and so wonderful. On that note, I feel like watching the trailer again. I JUST CAN'T STOP <3
yes now all the premium members can have him as their post background character xD

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Man if only Wonder Red made the cut I would have my most wanted 3 under one roof! Robin/Wonder Red/Shulk master race!

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I can't wait for the shulk symbol to be made on ehre so I cam spam it everywhere to show the victory of the bronados

Hokori

Great King of Evil
So many people have Shulk avatars. I have to look at usernames since I'm almost unable to identify users by their avatar anymore :p

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Shulk is such a jerk. I don't like him.

Bowser was just on a jog, minding his own business, and then Shulk jumps out of nowhere and ruins his day.

0/10 Would not watch again.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I used to be hooked on Robin/Lucina's trailer, but man, I just can't stop re-watching Shulk's video, switching constantly between the Japanese and English version.

I really wished I owned my own copy of Xenoblade.. Guess I can wait for the 3DS version. :p

firebrand38

Smash Rookie
NNID
DASNoivern
I'm very happy Shulk is playable! Cheers to his supporters and those maining him! I plan on having him as a main myself.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Shulk is such a jerk. I don't like him.

Bowser was just on a jog, minding his own business, and then Shulk jumps out of nowhere and ruins his day.

0/10 Would not watch again.
have you played xenoblade he mistoke him for Dinobeast just a simple misunderstanding he said sorry afterwards

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
It's amazingly satisfying to think....a week ago, we were all just speculating on how Shulk could play out in Smash Bros.....and now look at us. So much can change on such short notice. It's almost strange.....I no longer have to wait for Pics of the Day with the fear of seeing Shulk getting AT'd :p

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
I used to be hooked on Robin/Lucina's trailer, but man, I just can't stop re-watching Shulk's video, switching constantly between the Japanese and English version.

I really wished I owned my own copy of Xenoblade.. Guess I can wait for the 3DS version. :p
as of now, the 3ds version looks low frame rate and kind of muddy. I'd go for the Wii version, it'll only take a couple hours to get in on the hype

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
as of now, the 3ds version looks low frame rate and kind of muddy. I'd go for the Wii version, it'll only take a couple hours to get in on the hype
I think it'll still be awhile till it is out and if the New 3ds is stronger then the Wii then I think it'll be able to handle it

Hokori

Great King of Evil
@ T.R "River" T.R "River" Your signature is seriously like one of the best things ever in history...seriously. Especially since it features Shulk and Robin, my two most wanted newcomers and the two characters I'll more than likely be co-maining (though Shulk will more than likely have priority) :shades:

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
So many people have Shulk avatars. I have to look at usernames since I'm almost unable to identify users by their avatar anymore :p
to be fair, this thread was kinda always like that. Sprinkled with Dunbans, Heropons and a few Fioras of course.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
There needs to an event where Shulk has to fight Lady Palutena seeing as she's a god and all.
to be fair, this thread was kinda always like that. Sprinkled with Dunbans, Heropons and a few Fioras of course.
and then there's one lone Gengar

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Some people switched up their Shulk avatar, plus, newer people with Shulk avatars have finally shown their faces around the forums. The first part is the main reason why I have to check usernames now. At least until I adjust.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I'm kind of dissapointed Reyn wasn't part of his final smash.

But, then again, I used a party of Dunban, Riki and Shulk for most of the game, so that's kind of cool. (it's also arguably the best setup when using Dunban as the main)

Hopefully Reyn is an assist trophy or maybe...

Reyn confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom